The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
j2y8n2x
Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed

Nature: Hasty
I personally don't like the voice of Jynx and Gothitelle in the anime.
The anime has ruined their voices and both of them sound like witches.
Jynx sounded like a scary witch and Gothitelle sounded like a wicked witch.

I also don't like the male Snivy's voice. The fact that they divide female voices and male voices is just wrong...animals shouldn't have this division.

I actually disagree with most anime voices in Best Wishes, they sound too human. Hahakomori sounds more like a mother than a bug... o.0

So, what's your opinion?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I hate Oshawott's dub voice, it's terrible and sounds too feminine in my opinion, it's japanese voice was great and really captured how funny it is...

I probably think Hahakomori was actually supposed to sound a little motherly or something, it did seem to be a female, and it did make the leaf for Kurumiru.

I'm not going to drag on about how TPCi changed the dub voice actors to be honest, I find it very annoying how people still do it...

Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I don't like Tepig voice in English Dub. I know it's suppose to sound like a pig since it's a pig type Pokemon but it just annoying. I like it's Jap voice a lot better then the English. I don't like Meowth Jap voice at all. I can barely hear his voice clearly. I know I don't understand Japanese but the voice is a bit clear to hear but when it comes to Meowth; I just feel like closing my ears with earplugs.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
It's true Meowth's Japanese voice is annoying. He sounds like a grandpa who smoked too much cigarette! I like the Japanese dub so far, but I've seen none of the English episodes since I don't live in the US (BW that is).

I always liked Jynx's voice in the first season! It sounds like a happy fat woman to me xD.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I also don't like Tepig's dun voice. I just couldn't stand how it sounds. I also didn't like Ash's Torkoal's dub voice in the Sinnoh League. What was wrong with its old man voice?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

I hated quilava's voice in the sinnoh league. Yes Oshawott sounds like a girl when its a boy. I didn't like Sevine's cry either
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:49 AM
j2y8n2x

Huh? Pokemon BW is in USA already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
It's true Meowth's Japanese voice is annoying. He sounds like a grandpa who smoked too much cigarette! I like the Japanese dub so far, but I've seen none of the English episodes since I don't live in the US (BW that is).

I always liked Jynx's voice in the first season! It sounds like a happy fat woman to me xD.
I can't hear a word with Meowth's Japanese voice.
LOL a grandpa who smoked too much LOL

haha...happy fat woman...the voice is too low for me though, especially when compared with the soprano voice she has in the games.
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Bravoious
Beginning Trainer

Trip (Already a crappy name)= FAIL
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I don't like Pansage's English voice. Cilan's voice bothers me. And Cress's does too. :(

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old March 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
j2y8n2x

ok, I watched the English dub...

and I don't like Axew's and Oshawott's English voice--too girly.
The Japanese voices are WAY better.
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

At first I was going to say Brocko's than Meowth got into this, its a tieXD

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I hate Oshawott's dub voice, it's terrible and sounds too feminine in my opinion, it's japanese voice was great and really captured how funny it is...

I'm not going to drag on about how TPCi changed the dub voice actors to be honest, I find it very annoying how people still do it...
Oshawott - What are you ON about?! 0_o Ash's Oshawott's Wotter's voice is like one of the best voices to grace the English dub along with Pikachu's and Blaziken's!

I really hate Professor Oak's new voice, though. His classic Original Series voice was very distinctive, implying Pokemon Professor knowledge but without too much nerdiness and without too much seriousness. The current voice actor is just trying to imitate him way too hard and sadly failing. T_T And Sarah Natochenny is OK for Ash's voice, but I still miss Veronica Taylor's distinctive voice...

Sandile's voice sounds a bit too screechy for me; I thought it would either be reminiscent of Sandslash's dub voice, or it would have been in a deeper tone.

I love Tepig's dub voice; at times it sounds appropriately swine, and at other times it strangely sounds like a wonderful bell tone.

The gender of the Snivy that Trip received - I can tolerate its voice, but I feel that it could have been better. It wasn't "Smugleaf"-sounding enough...maybe this opposite-gendered Snivy in a later episode will be a bit better sounding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2y8n2x View Post
ok, I watched the English dub...

and I don't like Axew's and Oshawott's English voice--too girly.
The Japanese voices are WAY better.
Still disagree with Oshawott's dub voice, but I agree about Axew's Kibago's dub voice. Way too cutesy for a baby Dragon Pokemon that, in my perspective, should have a "Larvitar-ish" sounding voice.
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Bravoious
Beginning Trainer

Trip is both racist and has an annoying voice actor
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

What do you mean, racist? lol

I've finally watched a bit of the English version, and my ears exploded when I heard Tepig's voice. Its pig squeaks are so awful.

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:12 AM
yossarian
Knight of Cydonia

Nature: Modest
I am really hating Ash's new dub voice. I didn't really mind it in Diamond and Pearl however within the context of the new approach to B&W it's flaws have been exposed.

The problem is that it has no comedic tones - it's too one dimenional; there have been a couple of times in the B&W where Ash has acted like a noob. In the first series, Veronica Taylor was able to perfect the delivery and help enhance the noobishness of Ash so much so that it geniunely could get a chuckle from you. However Nanotechonlgy (or whatever her name is) is not able to get the same delivery and so it isn't funny at all; where Ash is talk like a noob, he doesn't.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnX...eature=related

Last edited by yossarian; March 20th, 2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
ShinyMeowth
Gone forever

Nature: Calm
Zoey from the fourth generation. Every time I heard her I felt my ears bleeding.

Shiny ★ Meowth

Old March 20th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Pokemon Master Derrville
Beginning Trainer

I really dislike Ash, Brocks, and Professor Oaks current dub voices. Especially Ashs. Episodes where he doesnt talk very much are usually the best.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Tox
fight me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tox
Here are the main voices that annoy me (All dubbed):

Pokémon
Poliwhirl
Totodile
Torkoal
Corphish
Staravia
Oshawott
Axew
Tepig

People
4Kids
Bill
Todd Snap
→ Prof. Ivy
→ Prof. Elm

TPCi
Brock
Prof. Oak
Ash (for the character)
James
May
Nurse Joy
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoious View Post
Trip is both racist and has an annoying voice actor
Really? He has Barry's voice actor, who I loved. It's like I can hear the enthusiasm dripping out his voice, but he's not allowed to show it because of who he's currently playing...@~@ Perhaps he doesn't suit calm characters.

Everyone who hates Osha's adorable voice is officially deaf. I have now decided for you. Not in every case I would say this, most definitely, but I believe Oshawott's and Mijumaru's voices are just as cute as each other. Not often this happens with dub voices.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:25 AM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I think that Trip and Barry's voices are annoying. But I prefer the Pokemon Company International voices better than 4Kids. James sounds funnier in newer episodes.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old January 21st, 2013, 09:36 PM
Gliomgomg

Pokemon:
--> Lucario
--> Quilava
--> Bonsly

4Kids:
--> Lisa Ortiz as various COTDs
--> Professor Ivy

TPCi:
--> Ash (BF and DP dubs)
--> Brock (DP dub)
--> May
--> Max
--> Meowth (BW dub)
--> Iris
--> Professor Oak

Last edited by Gliomgomg; January 21st, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:48 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
Personally, as of right now, I dislike Bianca's and Lyra's.

Not really that they sounded annoying, but more or less- I disliked their voices simply because they didn't really match the voices I had in my head when I played the games.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:53 PM
Gliomgomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemanmdj View Post
Personally, as of right now, I dislike Bianca's and Lyra's.

Not really that they sounded annoying, but more or less- I disliked their voices simply because they didn't really match the voices I had in my head when I played the games.
Understandable. The only voices I dislike right now are Iris', Meowth's, and Professor Oak's voices. Though personally, I don't prefer a single voice actor from TPCi's dub to their 4Kids dub equivalent, and I've somehow come to terms with that. xD.
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:58 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
I've only watched a few subbed episodes, but man, I just can't deal with the Japanese voices. I know they're the original voices etc, but yeah.

As for English voices, Meowth grinds after a while, Gary's voice always irritated me, but was that intentional? To make him annoying? Piplup ARGH!!! Probably the worst one imo, can't stand Piplup. Barry's voice was quite irritating as well.

Trip's voice annoys me too, but only because it sounds too similar to Paul's voice to me.

Really, quite a lot of them irritate me, but I just get used to them the more those characters appear. Apart from Piplup. I never got used to Piplup.

Old January 26th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
The voices that annoy me most are Tepig, Sandile, Meowth, and Cilan. At least the first two have evolved and are sounding better, but Meowth's new voice since AG sounds like he's grown up, even though he doesn't look grown up to me. Don't know for a reason why I don't like Cilan, but I just don't prefer his voice compared to some of the others.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links