The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Red Scizor
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Trained my Zweilous and let it evolve int Hydreigon. =D

Currently hunting for Kingdra.
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:05 PM
xiodinex
Experienced Trainer

Nature: Quirky
i have settled into a routine of starting the game, catch the swarming Pokémon, battle the Elite Four and Champion, battle the Nimbasa Stadium trainers, admire my team, save and power down. my team atm:

Mienshao Lv. 79 (Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick, Acrobatics, U-Turn)
Serperior lv. 79 (Leech Seed, Coil, Leaf Blade
Chandelure Lv. 80 (Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Overheat)
Archeops Lv. 81 (Rock Slide, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fly [it's my in-game team - i need it!])
oroark Lv. 83 (Nasty Plot, Night Dae, Flamethrower, Hidden Power [Dragon])
Starmie Lv. 79 (Surf, Psyshock, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt)

also, i discovered that Arcanine can learn Wild Charge. which made my day.

- i never met a more impossible girl -
Old April 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Haven't really been doing much. Over the weekend I was up at my grandmothers' place, so I thought about just visiting the rest of Unova, which meant Undella Town and Pasadena town name I forget. I actually thought I'd have to fight Cynthia as soon as I saw her, but she gave me the option not too so I went with that since I'm not ready.

I also took a visit to Chargestone Cave so I could catch a Joltik, which I then bred for some nice natures and abilities etc, and came across one with Timid, Compoundeyes and 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed, so I went with that. It's also awesome in Defense, which is a plus. I'd prefer it to be in HP or something, which would make life so much easier for me. :) I've EV trained the Joltik the way I want to and now I'm battling trainers in the Field and Court in Nimbasa City for experience. I'm waiting until it reaches level 48 before I evolve it, so it learns Bug Buzz as a Joltik. I don't really want to be waiting to level 60 before I get Bug Buzz. This just makes my life so much easier. :)

I'm going to give it the specific moveset of Thunder, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball and Attract, so I can use it with effect for the Single Train in the Subway, which is going to be awesome. I'm probably going to give it either a Life Orb, or an Electric Gem, or even an Occa Berry, which would be nice. :)
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Pancake86

Bought Pokemon White today. Started in the 1st town. Went to 2nd town. Saved on route 2. Oh, and I caught a Lillipup. Man, there's a lot of cutscenes in the beginning. And on an unrelated note, Tepig is my friend. I named it Tepig. ; YAY I'M AN IDIOT!
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:12 AM
RulerArceus
的なインターネッ の最高級!

Nature: Timid
OH MY GAWD.
OH MY GAWD.
OH MY GAWD.
I FOUND A SHINY POKEMON.
It's a Slowpoke, Level 53, caught it at the Abundant Shrine after catching Thundrus.
Realized that the ship I thought went to the Liberty Garden was wrong and the one I wanted was the next pier over .
Finished the The Three Trainers Challenge(My special challenge where I have 4 days to train a team to beat 'em all)
So yeah, eventful weekend .
~RulerArceus
And yeah, my friend hacked it. His DS got drenched in Orange Juice and he cant use it anymore.I put my Feraligatr up here to share the memory of my friends R4 and his SS that he's not really ever going to get a Chance to use again.EDIT: Oh wait, it started working again .
SUICUNE LV.30
EXTREMESPEED|AIR SLASH|AQUA RING|SHEER COLD|
My first ever event pokemon. I screamed like a little girl when I went on the Mystery Gift and actually got results.
OH MY GAWD *HYPERVENTILATION*
pretty much explains how I felt. I know a bunch of people that have better Events than me like the Lv. 100 Arceus or Celebi etc.
but it's still my first event and it has a special place in my heart.
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
Just picked up Black after no playing for about two weeks. In victory road right now.
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've been moving a tad slow lately, but I'm currently on Route 5 looking for a Minccino that has a beneficial nature and the ability Technician to go with. While looking for a Minccino, I did run into a wild Solosis that I just had to catch. Other than that, I haven't been up to much.
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Scraggiland
Pokémon Trainer Mike ★

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scraggiland
I've only just started my Pokémon Black game, and I decided to head out on a journey with a Relaxed Oshawott after beating both my friends Bianca and Cheren.
After recieving the Xtransciever and the Pokédex from Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town, Oshawott and I battled a couple of Patrat's and Lillipup's on Route 1 for some experience.
Finally arriving at Accumula Town, the Professor taught me the basics of any Pokémon Trainer then left for her lab.
In the same town I heard a speach from Ghetsis of Team Plasma about Pokémon Liberation, then battled a weird trainer wanting to hear my Oshawott's voice..?
On Route 2 my Mom gave me the running shoes and I battled some trainers including Bianca just before reaching Stiaton City where the first gym in the Unova region currently is.
Before taking Cilan the gym leader on, I was given a Pansear in the Dreamyard to the east and had a battle with Cheren in the trainers school.
Using Oshawott I quickly knocked out Cilan's Lillipup and used Pansear's Incinerate to slowly lower his Pansage's health. Sent in Oshawott that survived a two time Work Up, Vine Whip from Pansage and won me the match for the Trio Badge.

Team so far:
Oshawott Level 15 Pansear Level 10

Last edited by Scraggiland; April 15th, 2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Pyrax
World Class Baka

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
Evolved my Dewott into Samurott and trained him to lv.40.
Caught today's swarm.
Caught the Igglybuff I befriended in the Dream World.
Currently training a Tepig into a lv.40 Emboar.

Pokémon in need of training:
Pupitar into Tyranitar.
Gabite into Garchomp.
Dragonair into Dragonite.

As you can see, I also have to finish training Pupitar, Gabite, and Dragonair.
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you" - Nyx
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Pancake86

Yeah, due to stupid stuff in my life, I can only play a half hour a night. No joke. So last night, I went on route 2 and got a Patrat and a Purple Cat thing I forgot the name of. Then I went into the third town and got a green monkey whose name I forgot in the dream yard. I explored the town a lot. Went to the trainer school battled Cheron or whatever, and Bianca wanted to battle before entering the third town. Yeah. So I went to gym, and the red haired guy and green haired guy was like, "Battle the blue hair guy" and I was like "My half hour is up, leave me alone and i'll battle you tommorow." To be continued.

I found out my Tepig is female btw. Cool huh?
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:03 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
- Went to Giant Chasm.
- Caught 4 male Clefairy. I was looking for a male Cute Charm one. First three had Magic Guard.
- Did the GTS glitch and got Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta.
- On Route 12, REing for a shiny Pokemon, preferably a female Combee (hence the male Cute Charm Clefairy [now Clefable])

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Scraggiland
Pokémon Trainer Mike ★

After leaving Striaton City Pokémon gym I was given HM01 Cut from Professor Fennel and she told me about Pokémon dreams and Munna's Dream mist.
I went back to Route 2 to catch myself a Patrat so I could use Cut, and met up with Bianca at the Dreamyard where two Team Plasma grunts were kicking a Munna.
After battling them both Munna's friend, Musharna made their dream become a reality where their boss was angry with them, whch resulted in them bolting.
For saving Munna I recieved the C-Gear and a Pal Pad and the freedom to continue my journey. On Route 3 I caught myself a Pidove after evolving my Oshawott in battle with Cheren. Learning Team Plasma are Pokémon thieves Cheren and I gave chase and fought them in a double battle in Wellspring Cave, which is where I caught a Hasty Drilbur and added her to my team. Continued on Route 3 battling more and more trainers and arrived at Nacrene City, healed up my team at the PokéCenter.
In Nacrene City I did a little training to my team to be prepared for the battle against Lenora for my second Unova gym badge.

Team so far:
Dewott Level 20 Drilbur Level 20

Last edited by Scraggiland; April 15th, 2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: My teams levels after raising them.
Old April 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
-Went to the Battle Subway. Got to battle #17 in the single battle then got unlucky w/ one trainer..Will go back soon.
-Got the the Elite 4, were pretty easy to get through.
-Caugh Reshiram
-Beat N and Ghetsis
-Got the super rod from looker & the national dex and right now I'm still in Nuvema town.
---
Loved the ending and pokemon league, the best of any game so far.
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I got through Chargestone Cave, which was freaking awesome! It is definitely my favorite place in the game so far.

Now I am making my way through Route 7 to go help Skyla.
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Zenfyre

Nature: Lax
Late in my journey to start a journal entry but I feel successful today:

Earlier my Archeops (Kreston) made short work of Iris' Pokemon thanks to Dragonbreath aided by an Expert Belt. My Mienfoo (Ling) evolved into a Mienshao on my way through Victory Road and now I'm currently ready to face the Elite Four for the first time. However I decided to take a detour to Mistralton Cave to gather items there and catch an Axew. Although I was already satisfied catching a female Axew and getting Rock Slide for Kreston, I decided to venture further into the cave only to find Cobalion (which I had no clue that this was his hiding spot). I battled him and he was captured in a Timer Ball so I returned to Driftveil to check his nature and IVs. Lax nature with terrific IVs my first try! (Well, except for the special defense.) Not the most recommended nature but good potential for a physical wall/mixed attacker despite his horrible special defense but Cobalion do not have naturally good special defense anyways. I think I'll call him Athos, after the musketeer he is seemingly based off of. Now to go after the other two, you're next Terrakion!

Last edited by Zenfyre; April 16th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old April 16th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Scraggiland
Pokémon Trainer Mike ★

After traning my Pokémon in the outer part of Pinwheel Forest, I decided to finally have my match with Lenora, as I was entering the museum N, the weird guy from Accumula Town appeared and wanted a battle. I won very easily using Dewott and found he needs the power of the legendary Pokémon Zekrom. I continued towards Lenora..
She started out with her Herdier and due to its Intimidate I decided to use Dewott and his Water Gun. Dewott was able to get Herdier's health into the red area as was his, and Herider did the rest knocking us both out from a Take Down. I thought a Retaliate was coming my way from Lenora's Watchog so I went with a Dig from my Drilbur which took just over half its health. I decided to go with one more Dig as I survived a Retaliate and won the match. Lenora presented me with the Basic Badge and the Retaliate TM.
Hawes, Lenora's husband came running in claiming theives were in the museum, straight away I knew it was Team Plasma. Their reason for the theft was Pokémon liberation....
Lenora and I went outside to give chase to Team Plasma where we met Burgh the Castelia City gym leader. Lenora suggested I team with Burgh and check inside Pinwheel Forest for the thieves and after Burgh decided to seperate I found them. I fought a few plasma grunts and found a gentle Cottonee in the wild and caught her in a Ultra Ball.
I caught up with the last plasma grunt and defeated him, saved the Dragon Skull which they stole and was rewarded with the Moon Stone. Burgh told me he would be ready for a gym battle.

Dewott Level 22 Drilbur Level 22 Cottonee Level 20
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
tjb90
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Today I caught a Shiny Marowak and I was so surprised! I also caught a Thundurus. It was hard to catch him.
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
AntiZero
Remember?

Professor Juniper says I need to now CATCH all the Pokemon after seeing them all, so now I'm on a hunt to get a Heidreigon and Krookodile.
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:19 AM
FangedFreak
Ace Trainer

Nature: Jolly
my day consisted of getting up.. and crying cos my copy of White hadnt been delivered.. now gotta wait till monday or tuesday.. lame
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Just bought White. I am 1 hour into the game and defeated the first gym leader. Here's my lineup.^^

Salami - Male - Lv. 14

Alastor - Male - Lv. 17

Iceberg - Male - Lv. 11

Mjolrir - Male - Lv. 8
Old April 17th, 2011, 07:06 AM
NamelessGuy
<Insert Witty Title Here>

This is my second playthrough of White.

After defeating Clay and obtaining the Quake Badge, I took his advice and headed up to Route 6, sweeping several Trainers along the way. While there, my Servine learned a decent move - Leaf Blade, the perfect replacement for the somewhat inaccurate Leaf Tornado.

I decided to check out the laboratory on the Route, which apparently studied the effect of seasonal changes on certain Pokemon. One of the scientists then gave me the task of capturing a Deerling and showing it to him after it changed its form. I decided to hold off on that for a while, as I had a job to do.

Northward, I found the entrance to Chargestone Cave blocked by a Galvantula web. As promised, I waited for Clay, who subsequently used Bulldoze to get rid of the web for me, giving me a TM of the move as well.

The cave would turn out to be the perfect training ground for my Pokemon, due to it being ripe with Trainers. As I ventured through the odd, electrified passages, I encountered Team Plasma. After demolishing a few of their weak grunts, N appeared and asked for a battle at the end of the cave.

N seemed determined to win this time, but he was still no match for my team. After mumbling his typical hodge-podge, he left the cave, allowing me to continue to Mistralton City.

Once there, I healed my Pokemon, then headed north, only to encounter Professor Juniper's father, Cedric, and a rather attractive girl with her belly showing. Cedric kindly upgraded my Pokedex, then left in a huff. The girl introduced herself as Skyla, the leader of the city's Gym. She promised me a battle, but only after she went to check up on the Celestial Tower on Route 7.

As of now, my team is:

Servine, level 33
-Slam
-Growth
-Leaf Blade
-Leech Seed

Krokorok, level 32
-Crunch
-Dig
-Rock Tomb
-Strength

Unfezant, level 32
-Fly
-Quick Attack
-Roost
-Detect

Zebstrika, level 33
-Spark
-Flame Charge
-Thunder Wave
-Stomp

Simipour, level 33
-Bite
-Work Up
-Rock Smash (lol, better than Lick)
-Scald

Movesets will change.

White Friend Code: 1162-9972-8722

Proud creator of Divinity and Dissonance: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249951

Proudly involved in:
The Semi-Centennial Grand Tournament
Realm of Darkness
Divinity and Dissonance
Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

~Happily paired with DarkAngel91~
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
AntiZero
Remember?

Trying to build my brand new in-game team consisting of Braviary, Charizard, Musharna, Scrafty, Heidreigon, and Milotic.
Other than that, I'm not really sure what else I should do...maybe build a competitive team?
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Ashberto7
★ Celebi ★

I am thinking of starting over as I am under trained and basically hate my team.
So I'm going to pick Tepig with hopefully a decent nature, then my next pokemon will probally be a Drillbur from wellspring cave, Even though I like to have a few pokemon before the first gym but yeah.

My Dream Team:

Emboar
Excadrill
Reuniclus
Heidreigon
Archeops
Galvantula

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
NamelessGuy
<Insert Witty Title Here>

So, I played a bit more. I beat several Trainers on Route 7, then went to check out the Celestial Tower, at Skyla's request.

Amidst beating Psychics and Ace Trainers, I stumbled upon a wild Litwick, which I decided to catch, therefore completing my team and balancing it out. I trained it up a few levels in the tower, surprised at its somewhat overwhelming power despite it being unevolved. I also got a pleasant surprise when my Servine evolved into its final form.

Once I made it to the top, I rang the bell, then bolted back down to Mistralton City to have my Gym match. My Zebstrika performed even better than I expected against the Gym Trainers, leaving me in high hopes for facing the leader herself.

After some brief dialogue, the battle was underway. I could hardly call it a battle, however. I ended up sweeping her entire team in one hit from Discharge, before she could even use one move against me.

So yeah, I got a shiny new badge, and now I'm off to Twist Mountain.

My team thus far:

Zebstrika, level 39
Unfezant, level 36
Serperior, level 36
Litwick, level 35
Simipour, level 35
Krokorok, level 35

White Friend Code: 1162-9972-8722

Proud creator of Divinity and Dissonance: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249951

Proudly involved in:
The Semi-Centennial Grand Tournament
Realm of Darkness
Divinity and Dissonance
Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

~Happily paired with DarkAngel91~
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Pikachu-dance!
Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)

Nature: Jolly
I've been training my team in the nimbasa city sport stadiums but I've come across a bit of problem I like to keep my pokemon cute so I don't want to evolve them:
Servine (female) level 75
Pignite (male) level 63
Dewott (male) level 63
Fraxure (male) level 63
Pikachu (female) level 63
Swoobat (female) level 69
I feel the starters this time round are too weak compared to totodile and co which I managed to keep as they were without evolving at all and they constantly thrashed every pokemon they met but the starters this time round keep fainting so I'm stuck as to whether I should evolve them I mean there evolves are definitely elegant and beautiful (apart from emboar) but they lose the cuteness that I've always loved so could someone maybe give me some advice??

Sponsored Links

Advertise here