The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2011 (04:43 AM).
khkramer

Question.
Did you make the patching system using the server thingies poccil implemented in essentials?

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old December 17th, 2011 (04:45 AM). Edited December 17th, 2011 by desbrina.
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
no, the patcher is a separate program

ok, Version 0.10 has been released
Some screens of some stuff

New Mum Text

Obtaining the Light Ball (only happens if you started the game in version 0.9 or below)

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old December 18th, 2011 (02:00 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

New update out (v0.11) - this one fixes bugs only
Give it 10 minutes from this post for the update to be uploaded

Fixes - Thanks to bogdan for pointing them out

Fixed error when talking to bill
After fighting the team rocket guy, he disappears rather than walk off screen.
When trying to talk to Misty, Pikachu's happiness shows up and he is on top of the player.
Walking into the daycare causes you to become unable to move and you are placed in a spot without ground (black).
You can walk on top of all the houses in vermilion and you cannot read the pokefan's house's sign.
The pokefan doesn't show you his pokemon but acts like he did.
The fisherman next door doesn't give you a rod, but acts like he did.
The Sailor asks you multiple times if you have the ticket.
You cannot board the S.S. Anne.
The sign for Diglett's cave doesn't say anything.
The girl in the house on route 2 just says "Thanks," acting like the character already did something for her.
The sign for the underground path on Cerulean's side has a typo.
You can walk through Snorlax's head.
You can walk up the fence on route 6 near the building leading to Saffron City.
Upon entering the building and then exiting the same way you came in, your character appears 3 steps in front of the building rather than directly in front of it.
You can walk on the houses for the underground path.
You shouldn't be allowed to go towards Lavendar Town without cut. There should be a tree to cut to allow you onto the path to the cave.
When entering Mt. Moon, you cannot leave.
You can't enter the pokecenter on route 10.
The girl standing in front of the cave on route 10 does nothing, can't even click on her.
In the underground path, not walking up the center of the stairs allows one to go in the black area.
You cannot walk in the grass immediately next to the building on route 11.
At the building entrance to Saffron City, the building is cut into two pieces.

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old December 19th, 2011 (09:30 AM).
TamerKoh
World of Chaos Super Deluxe...

The screenshots look pretty good. So you're using RPG Maker XP, huh? For some reason, I've been unable to get XP and VX games to work on Windows 7; I'm not quite sure what the issue is. But in any case, the only flaw I happen to notice right now is Red's backsprite. Due to it being a direct rip from the GBA games, it looks out of place compared to the DS graphics. Should you resolve this, it would fit in nicely. Spriter's Resource has the DS trainer backsprites posted already, and with a little editing, you could easily modify one to resemble Red. But overall, I wish you luck on completing this.
Old December 20th, 2011 (07:48 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamerKoh View Post
The screenshots look pretty good. So you're using RPG Maker XP, huh? For some reason, I've been unable to get XP and VX games to work on Windows 7; I'm not quite sure what the issue is. But in any case, the only flaw I happen to notice right now is Red's backsprite. Due to it being a direct rip from the GBA games, it looks out of place compared to the DS graphics. Should you resolve this, it would fit in nicely. Spriter's Resource has the DS trainer backsprites posted already, and with a little editing, you could easily modify one to resemble Red. But overall, I wish you luck on completing this.
what happens when you try to play the games? Mine works fine on Windows 7

Old January 6th, 2012 (03:56 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

An update, been working on Fuchsia

Fuchsia City
The path will be updated once i get the tiles sorted

And a World Map with the latest version of the maps

Old January 7th, 2012 (06:55 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Fuchsia mapped
Fuchsia City

World map updated
World Map

Old January 7th, 2012 (08:07 AM).
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Great work not much left you to make hehe :D Good luck ;]

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 7th, 2012 (11:31 AM).
RikuCrafter
Togepi

This has come such a long way! I haven't tested it, but is all the beginning speech proper with correct punctuation? That put me off last time :D

Well, I wish you luck in completing this, its starting to enter the end!
Old January 7th, 2012 (11:39 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

If you mean the intro text before the game starts then yes, its sorted

New screenies

Fishing in Fuchsia

Getting the Good Rod

Safari Zone

Talking to a man in Fuchsia

The Safari Zone Warden before giving him his teeth back

Old January 7th, 2012 (01:16 PM).
RikuCrafter
Togepi

I played the v0.11 demo. It's good. Beyond good. I can't describe how nostalgic it was

Things that I didn't like were in the minority, but bad grammar like 'It's a Wii', and 'Wait' weren't the best things to swallow. I understand that those parts are nonexistent later in the demo, so I didn't mind.

I wish you the absolute best of luck in completing this, you've already made yourself a legend in the Pokemon game development community.
Old January 7th, 2012 (03:21 PM).
titiy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuCrafter View Post
I played the v0.11 demo. It's good. Beyond good. I can't describe how nostalgic it was

Things that I didn't like were in the minority, but bad grammar like 'It's a Wii', and 'Wait' weren't the best things to swallow. I understand that those parts are nonexistent later in the demo, so I didn't mind.

I wish you the absolute best of luck in completing this, you've already made yourself a legend in the Pokemon game development community.
that's not bad grammar though
Old January 7th, 2012 (03:27 PM).
Nickalooose
--------------------

I think he meant "It's a Wii" should be "It is a Wii." It's not really a problem in most cases, just not considerred proper English... Easy to make that mistake when writing official instead of the way most of us "text" on our phones! I do agree, very good game and little to no mistakes! Congrats!
Old January 7th, 2012 (04:02 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Thanks for the comments everyone

Second Safari Zone map done
Area 1

Old January 7th, 2012 (04:16 PM). Edited January 7th, 2012 by titiy.
titiy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
I think he meant "It's a Wii" should be "It is a Wii." It's not really a problem in most cases, just not considerred proper English... Easy to make that mistake when writing official instead of the way most of us "text" on our phones! I do agree, very good game and little to no mistakes! Congrats!
It's proper English. There's absolutely nothing wrong with how it's written. The official Pokemon games use it too.

Otherwise, I'm downloading it right now. From what I can see, it looks really good!

Edit: Everything's really cool but I ran into a bug. When you warp in the house behind the pokecenter in viridian city, you get stuck in the door when you go outside.
Old January 8th, 2012 (05:13 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiy View Post
Edit: Everything's really cool but I ran into a bug. When you warp in the house behind the pokecenter in viridian city, you get stuck in the door when you go outside.
Thanks for letting me know, that's now fixed and will be in the next update

Old January 8th, 2012 (05:29 AM).
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
wow, my computer froze trying to load the world map :O

on the screens, it looks a bit weird having outlined buildings, right next to non-outlined ones.

anyway, you're making great progress, everything looks good.
i know it's far off, but are you planning anything as postgame content?
yellow didn't have much aside form mewtwo.
Old January 8th, 2012 (04:13 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
wow, my computer froze trying to load the world map :O

on the screens, it looks a bit weird having outlined buildings, right next to non-outlined ones.

anyway, you're making great progress, everything looks good.
i know it's far off, but are you planning anything as postgame content?
yellow didn't have much aside form mewtwo.
That map is a huge file, 6.25mb

Mewtwo will be available post game, as well as a few quests\events to catch Mew and other unavailable Pokemon.

I'm thinking about possibly Jhoto, nothing decided. Or maybe doing the Sevii Islands, but nothing is decided either way yet.

Anyway, small update. The start of the Safari Zone Area 2

Old January 10th, 2012 (12:21 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Safari Zone Area 2 is done.

Should i include the move deleter in Lightning Yellow. It wasn't in the original games, but was in the FRLG remakes, so should i include it in LY?

Old January 11th, 2012 (08:16 PM).
Gnarwinism
Grandson - er, whats his name?

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post

Should i include the move deleter in Lightning Yellow. It wasn't in the original games, but was in the FRLG remakes, so should i include it in LY?
I think so, since Hms like cut flash and strength become useless as you never use them later in the game. And its not an unfair/overly easy thing, just convenient.

Side question, will the mew truck be back with a mew in it? It would be a cool easter egg to include fan fiction.
Old January 11th, 2012 (09:06 PM).
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Safari Zone Area 2 is done.

Oh most definetly. The lack of a move deletor to remove HMs was a design flaw that needed adressing.

Big deal if it wasn't in the original; It's a vital improvement. And if FR/LG had it, thats more the reason to add it to yours.
Old January 13th, 2012 (05:58 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarwinism View Post
I think so, since Hms like cut flash and strength become useless as you never use them later in the game. And its not an unfair/overly easy thing, just convenient.

Side question, will the mew truck be back with a mew in it? It would be a cool easter egg to include fan fiction.
The truck is not currently in. I might put it in if i can find a hgss version of it

Old January 13th, 2012 (08:18 AM).
Ho-oh 112
Advance Scripter

Nature: Hasty
Looks great, I'll try it when it's complete oh yes, I've got a question, what mystery gift system are you using (File Download or String download?)

RMXP Poke-Essentials MySQL Trading System Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...62#post7077162

RMXP Poke-Essentials Mystery Gift Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270687

RMXP Poke-Essentials Award System Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7111566
Old January 13th, 2012 (10:28 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

String, Everything is stored in a database (including who has already obtained a gift) which is printed by a php file called by the game. The gift is then created from the output of the php file

Old January 13th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
Ho-oh 112
Advance Scripter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
String, Everything is stored in a database (including who has already obtained a gift) which is printed by a php file called by the game. The gift is then created from the output of the php file

wow, that's pretty much better than mine.

RMXP Poke-Essentials MySQL Trading System Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...62#post7077162

RMXP Poke-Essentials Mystery Gift Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270687

RMXP Poke-Essentials Award System Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7111566
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links