The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted May 7th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
Hmm, whats interesting is its deleted the pikachu and upladed a metapod.

I'll have to have a look. It seems to be working on 0.18 but i'll have a look at 0.17. i'm sure theres no changed between them

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old Posted May 7th, 2012 (02:07 PM).
WandererTJ
Mechanical Engineer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
Hmm, whats interesting is its deleted the pikachu and upladed a metapod.

I'll have to have a look. It seems to be working on 0.18 but i'll have a look at 0.17. i'm sure theres no changed between them
Holy crap if there is a Metapod up there, that was totally my doing, I ran a 2nd test between two profiles on my laptop which I have done multiple times now where I upload a bulbasaur with profile 1 and try to retrieve it with a Metapod on profile 2. When I received the same error I did with Pikachu, I assumed that it had completely failed, but it seems as though the trade SHOULD have worked! Unfortunately, like I've mentioned, the Metapod was deleted from profile 2, and profile 1 simply just got the Bulbasaur back (with strangely 2 Hp of damage).
But yeah, that should be my Lvl 5 Male Metapod.

Given the results you have in correlation with what I did, I am going to fully assume that it is an issue with v0.17.
Old Posted May 7th, 2012 (02:19 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

it does look like its a fault with 0.17, I've just done a full trade and both sides got the correct pokemon

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old Posted May 7th, 2012 (03:19 PM).
WandererTJ
Mechanical Engineer

Quote:
it does look like its a fault with 0.17, I've just done a full trade and both sides got the correct pokemon
I am really really glad everything has been worked out and solved.
Is there any chance you could put the shiny female pikachu back up on the GTS when you put out the v0.18 upgrade?

And I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but will you be changing the pathways in and out of Veridian Forrest to vertical pathways? Currently you walk up/down to them and when you enter the buildings, they are then formatted horizontally, which is a bit confusing.

Lastly, is there an ETA of when we should be seeing v0.18 out?
Old Posted May 8th, 2012 (04:26 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

The pathways in the gates for viridian forest are sorted. The exit from viridian forest also goes to the gates, not straight to the routes

0.18 should be soon. I'm currently updating the battler sprites, its time consuming though

Old Posted May 8th, 2012 (06:43 AM).
SytheXP
Net Labs/UG Founder

Nature: Calm
Hey, Im using 0.16, my game says 0.17 is the latest version. Your site say 0.16 is. Anyway I was wondering if theres a way to get the 0.17 without using the updater as the updater takes forever for me :/

My Sprite Thread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179083

Phantom Dusk is back in production with loads of modifications. Will be updating soon! -2012

I Support:
Old Posted May 8th, 2012 (07:16 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

The site is a bit behind at the moment. I've been slowly updating it. I think everything's up-to-date now though

The 0.17 patch has been added to the downloads page so you can get it from there

Old Posted May 8th, 2012 (07:36 AM).
WandererTJ
Mechanical Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SytheXP View Post
Hey, Im using 0.16, my game says 0.17 is the latest version. Your site say 0.16 is. Anyway I was wondering if theres a way to get the 0.17 without using the updater as the updater takes forever for me :/
Dude, trust me, just wait till version 0.18. I've tested a lot of 0.17 and a lot of bugs came about within it. One example is that Pokemon would not learn moves as they leveled up. 0.18 is on the horizon, so just wait for it.

Quote:
The site is a bit behind at the moment. I've been slowly updating it. I think everything's up-to-date now though

The 0.17 patch has been added to the downloads page so you can get it from there
Desbrina, do you think you could add the Website to your signature? I think it would be pretty useful.
Old Posted May 8th, 2012 (01:25 PM).
SytheXP
Net Labs/UG Founder

Thanks very much. :) I like the idea of the updater but after an entire day and night and it only being 1/4 done it was kinda upsetting.

My Sprite Thread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179083

Phantom Dusk is back in production with loads of modifications. Will be updating soon! -2012

I Support:
Old Posted May 8th, 2012 (02:58 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
Dude, trust me, just wait till version 0.18. I've tested a lot of 0.17 and a lot of bugs came about within it. One example is that Pokemon would not learn moves as they leveled up. 0.18 is on the horizon, so just wait for it.
yeah, while 0.17 fixed a few bugs, it seems to have added more than it fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
Desbrina, do you think you could add the Website to your signature? I think it would be pretty useful.
Done

Old Posted May 10th, 2012 (06:57 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

got a few changes and updates

One of the trainers has changed in to a double battle. See if you can work out which ones

And i've managed to fix something thats been annoying me for a while. Try and work out what

Old Posted May 10th, 2012 (09:14 AM).
WandererTJ
Mechanical Engineer

Hey hey,
I'm liking that the Jesse & James battle is now 2v2, and I'm loving the Pikachu fix. Although it was somewhat amusing to see it running fast to keep up with you on the bike. I never got to see it surfing though.

I must admit though, that the sprite sitting atop Lapras seems a bit strange looking.

When will we get to download v0.18? It looks and sounds awesome!!!
I am sadly becoming impatient with how much I am looking forward to it!!!
Old Posted May 10th, 2012 (01:23 PM). Edited May 10th, 2012 by desbrina.
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

yeah, it looked weird though having it when it shouldn't. The only bit I haven't got sorted yet if its not in the party.

As for the lapras sprite, at the moment i don't have any other sprites for it, its better that using a female sprite from fr/lg though, that just looked odd. The main character changing gender when surfing, lol

So far with 0.18 testing i have about 30% of the sprites repositioned and have tested up to viridian city & route 22
I can release it before its finished if you particularly want, but theres no guarantee that everything would work correctly, especially the later parts

A small fix, the Jessie & James battle in the Rocket Hideout has the correct level pokemon now

Old Posted May 12th, 2012 (06:55 AM).
Gatsulol
Beginning Trainer

Hi, this game look prety amazing
But i have a big problems, seems like my pokemon don't learn any attack ...
Got a pikachu and pidgey level 16 and they didn't learn any new attack x_X

(Also no way to speed up the game ?)
Old Posted May 12th, 2012 (07:27 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

If you look back a few posts you'll see that that issue id fixed in 0.18 when it comes out

Old Posted May 12th, 2012 (09:23 AM).
User ID
Beginning Trainer

This looks awesome!
The name seems like it's been used on here before... Oh well.
Looks like you've done a great job so far. I like what you did with the capturing of Pikachu at the beginning.
Old Posted May 12th, 2012 (01:11 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

i think there may have been a hack by the same name a while ago, though it seems to have stopped being developed

Old Posted May 14th, 2012 (11:31 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

just something i've ben working on. Doesn't work 100% yet, you can also encounter them while walking down that edge

Old Posted May 15th, 2012 (10:15 AM).
WandererTJ
Mechanical Engineer

Quote:
just something i've ben working on. Doesn't work 100% yet, you can also encounter them while walking down that edge
The MissingNo stuff is looking great. I think it probably needs more level randomization though. Looks like they were probably all matching the level of the ratatta you had out. Will it be possible to fly from an area to the island and find pokemon while surfing from the area you just flew from? (such as scyther or pinsir from the Safari Zone)

Have you fixed all the positioning that you were working on earlier?
Old Posted May 15th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

the levels are set at 10 at the moment while i'm testing, i'm trying to find out what levels they were encountered at in yellow but theres not any information about that. Its just a conincedence that they were the rattata's level

I'm hoping to have the possibility to find the pokemon previously fought but its not there at the moment. i don't know if essentials stores the previously fought pokemon, if it doesn't then it'd involve some editing to get that working.

Currently i have 66 of the sprites repositioned, but i still have a lot to go, there's 191 sprites in total being used, and i can't use the editor to reposition them since i can't get it working properly with the screensize, so its mostly trial and error

Old Posted May 15th, 2012 (06:07 PM).
Gnarwinism
Grandson - er, whats his name?

Nature: Lax
Actually I'm pretty sure Missingno wasnt in yellow, only red and blue. But I think it could be over 100.
Old Posted May 15th, 2012 (06:30 PM).
Umbreon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarwinism View Post
Actually I'm pretty sure Missingno wasnt in yellow, only red and blue. But I think it could be over 100.
missingno is in yellow, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75FYH2o1FM

best proof of it in yellow I can find (after 25 seconds....) anyways missingno in yellow is well yellow instead of plain.
Old Posted May 15th, 2012 (07:33 PM).
Gnarwinism
Grandson - er, whats his name?

Nature: Lax
But not in the same way it was in red/blue. It did not bring any of the item glitches people usually sought after, and it could not be done with the old man/ cinnabar trick.
Old Posted May 16th, 2012 (01:16 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

MissingNo in yellow was done through the mew glitch. Since i'm not including that glitch (which would be pretty hard to do anyway) i'm including it as it was in red blue, but with all sprites, which were accessible in yellow

Duplicating items was done using the Ditto glitch i believe instead.

Old Posted May 17th, 2012 (03:42 PM).
WandererTJ
Mechanical Engineer

I have already been duplicating quite a few items for myself...and pokemon. It is hacktastic.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links