The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
triggerhappymonk
Strong as crap trainer

Nice game! It's a creative twist on the original Yellow version. A few complaints though: No Sprites for Pikachu after you lost to it for the first time, when you talk to Pikachu more than once the game glitches and crashes, and no wild Pokemon music. other than that, the game is really good keep it up!

Pokémon Adenture Island
Pokémon Blastiose Blue/Charizard Red/Venasaur Green
Pokémon Pikachu Yellow
Pokémon Ho-Oh Gold/Lugia Silver
Pokémon Suicune Crystal
Pokémon Kyoger Sapphire/Groundon Ruby
Pokémon Rayquaza Emerald
Pokémon Dialga Diamond/Palkia Pearl
Pokémon Giratina Platnuim
Pokemon Reshiram Black/Zekrom White
Pokémon Tin/Steel
May seem like a lot, but i'll get them done. I apologize for any misspelling

Games I Support:
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
triggerhappymonk
Which version of the game are you running? I've just played through till after the first rival battle and leaving pallet town and didn't encounter any of those using the latest (0.4). Can you also give me the message from the crash, i think its fixed in version 0.5 (unreleased yet) but i want to make sure

~|Sora|~
As for the tiles, it started off with fire red/leaf green tiles then was suggested to use hg/ss, and if i'm not mistaken, b/w had only just come out when i started so there wasn't tileset/sprites available.

Not sure what you mean about the blades

Edit
Just noticed that people may have had problems with the version 0.4 patch not extracting into the root folder, instead it was extracting to a completely different folder. You should be able to patch correctly now

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Last edited by desbrina; July 3rd, 2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Orangturttle
Magikarp MASTER!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Orangturttle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Orangturttle Send a message via Yahoo to Orangturttle
Okay, seeing as there have been over 150 [or something like that] replies, I have not read them. So what I am about to say has probably been said, countless times.
When I first opened this up, I thought "oh great... another attempt at recreating one of the games..." Then I read it... and this is really good.. I looked at your website and you have actually made a lot of progress good job! I think the tiles are perfect for what you're doing. And all in all, this looks like a pretty sound project! Good Job! And Good Luck!

-OT

Old July 4th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Nightwing87
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
Your mapping skills are very sleek.
Played the demo, definitely impressed with the overall work you put into this.
Yellow was my favorite pokemon game because you could get charmander, bulbasaur, squirtle, and pikachu! I never really needed another party besides HM slaves. Game was awesome, and you're not doing it any shame.
9/10. <3
Old July 4th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Desukān
Coffin Pokémon

Nature: Jolly
This looks really nice ^-^
I'm downloading the demo now!

~Lani

Beware the wrath of デスカーン
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
triggerhappymonk
Strong as crap trainer

I downloaded the latest version avaible. I can't remember the error I got when talkibg to Pikachu, but apparently you got it listed in your list of known bugs. btw, i used tyhe update to get it working.

Pokémon Adenture Island
Pokémon Blastiose Blue/Charizard Red/Venasaur Green
Pokémon Pikachu Yellow
Pokémon Ho-Oh Gold/Lugia Silver
Pokémon Suicune Crystal
Pokémon Kyoger Sapphire/Groundon Ruby
Pokémon Rayquaza Emerald
Pokémon Dialga Diamond/Palkia Pearl
Pokémon Giratina Platnuim
Pokemon Reshiram Black/Zekrom White
Pokémon Tin/Steel
May seem like a lot, but i'll get them done. I apologize for any misspelling

Games I Support:
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:47 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

You weren't using the latest version if it fixed after updating. Glad to see its working anyway.

Thanks for all the good comments

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old July 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
MaTe9usz6
Unhatched Egg

The GTS is avaible in 0.4 version?
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

It's available in 0.5 which isn't out yet

Old July 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
I downloaded the demo and did a quick play through to get a feel of the game. Overall, I found the game quite enjoyable, but the lack of end punctuation and small mapping mistakes caught my eye.

I'd give this game an 7/10.
Keep on it. Good luck.
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Not much of an update, been addicted to playing L.A. Noire, but here is what's done of route 12

Route 12

New version will come when route 12 is done

Old July 16th, 2011, 05:23 AM
khkramer

How'd you get that red overworld?
It looks very nice.
Good luck with the project, would be nice to see it finished :D
Old July 16th, 2011, 05:43 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

The walking overworld is from the actual game - sprite sheet found here

as for the others (cycling/surfing/fishing etc.) tebited15 on deviantart made them

Old July 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
I can't wait to play version 0.5. This is the best remake of yellow that i played.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:25 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Finally after 15 minutes of waiting for the file to upload, verstion 0.5 is out

Old July 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Dude i like your ideas, but in every map you have this obsession with the stairs.. everymap.... tone it down and i like how you broght kanto into the next generation but like i said tone it down on the stairs... and the battle screens need to be updated to fit the next gen too.. you still got FR/LG battle scenes...
Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Dunno what you mean about stairs, the maps are almost a copy of the hg/ss kanto ones.

i know the battle screen needs sorting, but i've not found anywhere that's got good rips of the hg/ss battle screen

Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
KingCharizard

Last time i checked viridian forest didnt have stairs in it, neither did pewter city and route 3
Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

in hg/ss they did, which is what my maps are based on.

You can see them from the bulbapedia site
Route 3
Viridian forest
Pewter

Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
KingCharizard

Well i'll be dammned... I'm sorry then i didnt play HG/SS the last ds pokemon game i played was diamond
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:48 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Quick update
Route 9 mapped, not evented yet though
Route 9

I've also redone the way pokemon encounters are handled to make the encounter chance the same as yellow

There seems to be a left over debug message in version 0.5 when entering a battle. Version 0.6 is out to fix that

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:26 PM
clacla$$$
Back in business ~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to clacla$$$
I get an error every time there's a wild pokemon, including when I'm loaned a weedle.
Hello, I'm Clacla, Assistant Admin on The Legacy, clacla$$$ here on PC, and Clacla on PHO and TPW. If you want, come and join the new and improved Legacy, where you can meet new people, and just have a good time.
Credits for Volcaron Art
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

what is the error message?

Edit:
Pewter Museum

Last edited by desbrina; July 25th, 2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:39 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

new update

route 9 finished
route 10 finished

and a couple of new screenshots

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Awkward Squirtle
,@,e .ºoO

I'm mainly going to comment on the GTS system, as it's the part I like the look of most (I'm a programmer myself).
The actual GTS makes trades in two ways. One is the standard way in which someone using 'Seek Pokémon' finds a Pokémon they want, then chooses a Pokémon matching the conditions set in exchange. You have this already. The other way is when the server automatically matches two deposited Pokémon with each other, if they mutually satisfy each other's conditions. Do you have the second method implemented too?
Next, you need a better interface for the GTS, rather than only using message boxes. Do you think you could make a full-screen (well, full-window) interface? This would let you, for example, use columns for the list of Pokémon, and give a visual representation of the search results much like the DS games.
Now, I'll suggest some features that I feel are missing from the official GTS, that you might want to implement.
Firstly, improve the 'wanted Pokémon' condition selection. It irks me that you have to specify a species; this should be optional much like level and gender. To make this effective, add a few more criteria that can be asked for, such as type, ability, or a learned move. This also has the advantage of letting people add to their Pokédex using the GTS, as they can get Pokémon they haven't seen yet in exchange.
If you've ever used the official GTS, you'll know it's filled with impossible and unreasonable requests (e.g. Zekrom, level 9 and under). Adding more criteria exaggerates this, so you'll need to filter those out somehow. I suggest adding a server-side check when a request is made that checks the request is valid (for example, it would reject a request for a level 9 and under Zekrom, or a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard). This would remove the impossible requests. Unreasonable requests can be avoided by allowing users to filter results by the wanted Pokémon (e.g. blacklist and don't display offers that request legendaries or level 100s, or only show offers that request a Pokémon the searcher actually has in their PC boxes).
Finally, allow users to view the full summary of a Pokémon in the search results - I often have to trade Pokémon away again because they're hacked or have an undesirable nature/ability.

On a completely different note, I agree with those people saying the battle graphics need to be updated - they're very inconsistent at the moment. At least upgrade/downgrade all Pokémon/trainer front and backsprites to ones from the same generation (you might need to do some edits for Red's backsprite if you upgrade to 4th/5th gen).

Other than that, the game looks very promising. I love it when developers put some effort into scripting instead of just mapping; games running on plain Essentials just don't do much for me :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links