The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Thanks for the points

Quote:
The other way is when the server automatically matches two deposited Pokémon with each other, if they mutually satisfy each other's conditions. Do you have the second method implemented too?
That method isn't implemented in the gts at the moment. Its an easy addition though that can be done via the server without editing the gts in the game

Quote:
Next, you need a better interface for the GTS, rather than only using message boxes. Do you think you could make a full-screen (well, full-window) interface? This would let you, for example, use columns for the list of Pokémon, and give a visual representation of the search results much like the DS games.
Thats planned hopefully, i'm a beginner when it comes to RGSS so it might take a while, still haven't worked out how to do windows properly yet

Quote:
Now, I'll suggest some features that I feel are missing from the official GTS, that you might want to implement.
Firstly, improve the 'wanted Pokémon' condition selection. It irks me that you have to specify a species; this should be optional much like level and gender. To make this effective, add a few more criteria that can be asked for, such as type, ability, or a learned move. This also has the advantage of letting people add to their Pokédex using the GTS, as they can get Pokémon they haven't seen yet in exchange.
i though on the real gts you have to specify the pokemon your looking for. pokemon that you haven't seen still show up in the list, so you can still search for them even when you haven't encountered them yet.

Quote:
If you've ever used the official GTS, you'll know it's filled with impossible and unreasonable requests (e.g. Zekrom, level 9 and under). Adding more criteria exaggerates this, so you'll need to filter those out somehow. I suggest adding a server-side check when a request is made that checks the request is valid (for example, it would reject a request for a level 9 and under Zekrom, or a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard). This would remove the impossible requests. Unreasonable requests can be avoided by allowing users to filter results by the wanted Pokémon (e.g. blacklist and don't display offers that request legendaries or level 100s, or only show offers that request a Pokémon the searcher actually has in their PC boxes).
That'll be implemented when the legendary pokemon (since they're the only ones that you can breed) are added.

Quote:
Finally, allow users to view the full summary of a Pokémon in the search results - I often have to trade Pokémon away again because they're hacked or have an undesirable nature/ability.
Once i have the windowed version of the gts up and running this'll be a feature of it. Its kinda hard to do with message windows since you'd end up with 4-5 messages per pokemon

Quote:
On a completely different note, I agree with those people saying the battle graphics need to be updated - they're very inconsistent at the moment. At least upgrade/downgrade all Pokémon/trainer front and backsprites to ones from the same generation (you might need to do some edits for Red's backsprite if you upgrade to 4th/5th gen).
I know the background is gen 3, as well as the red sprite i think, and that the pokemon are gen 5. the pokemon are easily changed, and its easy enough to change the background, though the layout will still stay gen3 style since to do gen4 properly you need dual screen which i don't want ot implement.
The red sprite would need a sprite to edit it since i'm no good

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
You've done a great job so far, keep it up.

Old July 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Small update

Lavender Town <- Town done and only pokecenter/mart done

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old July 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Version 0.7 has been released which is just a quick bug fix for several errors that have been reported.

Theres no longer a script error when starting the game, and the male pikachu sprite appears

On another note

New battle backgrounds

Old July 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Not much mapping done but i have done a lot of changing the battle interface, enabling and finishing the scripting for pokerus and added a check on the load screen for if your running the latest version.

I might make the window bigger to accommodate the new battle interface since its a bit tight

New battle interface

Update checker on loading menu

Pokerus

Old July 30th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I am very fond of this and am in full support, please keep at this!

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Thanks, i'm glad you like it

I've been doing some more revamping today

The new summary screens

Do people think you should be able to get a Togepi like in the anime?

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Bill™
Random Guy

It looks really good. Two questions though, is that the main character you are going to use? I think that in Yellow you're character should look either like Red from the manga or Ash from the anime, since those are the characters your character is based off of. Also will other games made with essentials be able to trade with your game in order to get pokemon from other regions? (not fakemon or pokemon holding items)
I support

Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

At the moment it is the character unless someone wants to make one more like ash. I'm not a spriter.

As for trading with other essentials, no. Other games would need the trading scripts.
This one will only be able to trade with other lightning yellow games.

Bit of an update

Two new maps
Rock Tunnel 1F
Rock Tunnel B1F

And some screenshots

And a video showing something i'm working on, though its going to take a while

Last edited by desbrina; August 3rd, 2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Routes 7 & 8 are done

Route 8
Route 7

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
Routes 7 & 8 are done

Route 8
Route 7
Awesome game you have going here. I am in full support (:

I would suggest you cut out some of the empty space in the routes, like in Route 8 on the path, make it thinner, and idk, add a fence or something? :I
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Bill™
Random Guy

I watched the video and it looks good, but isn't Professor Oak supposed to catch Pikachu? Also what I meant before was I'm working on a game and it would be nice for my game to be able to trade with yours. That way people who play my game can get the pokémon they can't catch in my game and people who play your game can get pokémon they can't catch in their game.
I support

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:09 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Thanks

Yes, originally Oak was supposed to catch Pikachu, but its not that easy to do a battle and you not control it.

As for trading between games, its unlikely to happen since both games would need exactly the same pokemon/items/moves/types etc otherwise if a game gets a pokemon with a type/move/item or even the pokemon themselves will crash it if its not available. Thats why you can't use the mystery gift/gts in the game if you haven't updated to the latest version, to stop those kind of errors

Anyway, all Pokemon are available in this, you have to use the gts (or trade center if i make one) to trade with other people to get them, but they are all obtainable

Old August 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Bill™
Random Guy

Well if you havent added any new moves or pokémon then it will be fine because I havent. I don't have generation V pokémon yet but I will whenever they are added to the official essentials in probably about a month and if you use the generation V ones from the official essentials when they come out then there shouldn't be any problems. Also I think either you or I could create a script to keep us from trading items between the two games if you added new items.
I support

Old August 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

I do have quite a few custom and edited pokemon and items as well as gen5 pokemon. Anyway, i don't really want trading outside of the games.

The scripts aren't for release either, their not even fully complete yet anyway.

Old August 6th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Bill™
Random Guy

So does that mean that after this you are going to make more games to trade with yours or that all pokemon will be obtainable in your game?
I support

Old August 7th, 2011, 01:23 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

All pokemon are obtainable, but you have to trade with someone else. Its like at Mt. Moon where you get the fossils. To get the one you didn't choose you'd have to trade with someone who did choose.

Old August 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

It's cool that you're allowing trades between different games, keep it up!
Old August 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Lavender is finished for the moment, top floor of the pokemon tower isn't finished (but doesn't matter since you can't get to it yet)

Celadon mapped, department store mapped and evented, eevee obtainable. Just need to sort out the road area in Celadon and change its tiles
Celadon

And a teaser video in the pokemon tower

Old August 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
Lavender is finished for the moment, top floor of the pokemon tower isn't finished (but doesn't matter since you can't get to it yet)

Celadon mapped, department store mapped and evented, eevee obtainable. Just need to sort out the road area in Celadon and change its tiles
Celadon

And a teaser video in the pokemon tower

Have you thought of using the frlg sprite for ghost (forgot if there is one or not) and maybe you could use a DP sprite for the channelers.

Old August 8th, 2011, 01:48 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

I had thought about the frlg ghost sprite a couple of days ago but forgot.

I can't find anything about a channeler in dp. They only seem to appear in rby and frlg

Old August 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Pia Carrot

I htought there was something like one in the tower before solaceon. could be wrong though, ill look for something.

Old August 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

That's from HGSS. If you would like me to put in RPGXP format I will gladly do it for you.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post

That's from HGSS. If you would like me to put in RPGXP format I will gladly do it for you.
Yeah you might as well use the old woman overworld sprites for them then.

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Bill™
Random Guy

I thought that you were using HG/SS/D/P/Pt overworlds any way so you can use the right overworld then no need to use the old lady sprite.
I support

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here