The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive

Advertise here

Basically, when we check the forums (Roleplay Corner and Roleplay Lounge) and there are newly submitted threads by you, we will make a new post here and state whether or not your thread was accepted.

If they are denied, we may post a hint/tip on what was wrong. If your RP was denied, it's most often because of one or several of the following reasons:

- No rating? All RPs must have a rating. Re. Mem. Ber.

- Too short plot? Your background story/plot/setting should be 5-6 full lines or preferably more. Shorter than that and you can't really get much info into it.

- Does your background actually act as background info? Does it tell your roleplayers where the roleplay takes place, what the goal or purpose of the RP is, why their character might potentially be involved...? Double-check!

This means
, no more asking the mods via VM/PM to check your thread; if your thread doesn't show up for a while, you can check this thread to see if it was denied and maybe what the reason is. If you want a more detailed reason, then you can PM us about it.

If your RP is denied, you may fix what I've pointed out here (or in a PM if you asked for one) and then post it again and hope to be accepted the second time :3

Let's keep the PokéCommunity Roleplay Corner a place of quality, guys~

trust me, I'm the Doctor !

Last edited by Doctor; June 1st, 2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: "Pokémon Roleplay and Other Roleplay"? Jeez, this was outdated. Changed the pronouns to plural also ;)
Old March 13th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Totodile12345's OOC thread has been moved to the Roleplay Corner and approved.

Old March 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Both of alpagamer323's duplicate RPs have been denied. Please read the rules before posting. Also, you have to improve your grammar and start using a spell-check (type up the post in Word or something) if you want to host an RP.

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Blaziken 15's RP is approved. The plot is very short, but I hope you have planned enough to make it roll.

Old March 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Blaziken 15's OOC thread is approved.

Nakuzami's RP thread is moved to Other Roleplay and approved, since that forum needz moar luv. No, seriously, it's because the RP doesn't focus on pokémon.

Nakuzami's OOC thread is also approved.

Old March 16th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Diamond1234's OOC/SU thread accepted.

Lynette's RP thread approved.

Old March 17th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Lynette's OOC thread has been accepted.

killet513
's RP thread will be accepted if you VM me with a promise to add a rating as soon as the thread is up >.<
killet513's RP thread is now accepted.

Totodile12345's RP thread is denied for now. You have to describe the setting, now it's just a background story and nothing about where you'll be playing.

Last edited by Doctor; March 17th, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Marina E. Silver's RP thread and OOC thread are accepted.

Old March 18th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Cookiez's RP thread denied.... because it's pretty much an imitation of this http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246077. You could join that instead, and suggest that the world you want to play in gets put up?

Old March 18th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Doctor
& time lord

dajman1996's RP thread is accepted.

fire woven
's RP is pending... see my PM.

Last edited by Doctor; March 20th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Royal's RP thread and OOC thread are accepted.

fire woven's RP is now accepted.
fire woven's OOC thread is also accepted.

ultragon's RP thread is denied because the plot is too short. On my screen it was just 4 lines. Compare it to most of the RPs around.

(the following is not just directed at ultragon) I think I'm gonna start being a little harder on the plot part, because there are so many RPs appearing with a story that feels like it's just haphazardly thrown together or thought+written up within a few minutes.

Before you create an RP, you have got to have an idea. Evolve that idea and ponder if it would work out as an RP. Then think about how the RP would best be played and what role you as a game master should take.

But before all this, you should ask yourself if your plot even makes sense. A horrible monster/demigod/villain has returned and wants to spread crime/murder/destroy the world? Oh, let's hand a pokémon to 10 young kids and have THEM go stop the evil! -.-' that's... not really logical unless you're making a parody-RP. Which most here aren't. Sure, you can do like this if you twist it so that it is necessary to have the trainers young and new because of their pure hearts or untouched auras or something like that. But otherwise it's pretty weird.

Now, illogical plot isn't the same as using unnatural or mysterious and thus "illogical" things to achieve an interesting/unusual plot. I don't mean to sound full of myself at all, but Darkrai's Balloon is probably an example of a simple idea with an unusual plot where some "magical" things happen.

Just... something to think about when you decide that you want to create an RP of your own. Creativity is your friend.

Old March 21st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Doctor
& time lord

TiTaN.JuStIn's RP thread is accepted.

ultragon
's RP thread is accepted.

Wasen's RP thread is denied for now. Check my PM for details.

Old March 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Totodile12345's RP thread is accepted.

Wasen's RP thread is now accepted.

النار 's thread is pending until you send me a VM promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is accepted.

Old March 24th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Doctor
& time lord

FallenAngelSilver's RP is denied because the plot is too loose. Freeform RPs should have some guidelines set up, or they can easily die after a while from lack of creativity and story.

MoonstoneSkitty's RP is denied because the opening post's text is all jumbled together. It's very hard to read; you should use the ENTER key to make several paragraphs instead of one big wall of text. From what I could read with some effort, it seems like it could be accepted though. Please post it again, with proper formatting, and we'll see.

jackblaze's RP is denied. There already is a pokémon academy RP that hasn't even started yet, and they are pretty similar. And the plot for yours is pretty much non-existant. Unless an academy RP is very detailedly set up, it works the best if there is a background story to build on and having the academy as mostly a setting.

Ash_Ketchum123's RP thread is accepted. It looks awesome!

Old March 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Doctor
& time lord

النار 's RP thread is now accepted.

Totodile12345's OOC thread is accepted.

Makbet
's RP thread is denied for being unreadable and lacking a SU sheet. You should hit the "preview" button sometimes to check what your post looks like before posting it. Now the tags aren't closed, among other things.

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Doctor
& time lord

998435's RP thread is accepted.

Seraph Darkfire's RP thread is accepted. (although your SU was very short)

Old March 27th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Seraph Darkfire's OOC thread is accepted.

Seraph Darkfire's new RP thread is pending until you VM me promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is approved.

Marina E. Silver's RP thread is accepted.

jackblaze's RP thread is pending until you VM me promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is approved.

Old March 28th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Seraph Darkfire's RP thread is now accepted.

jackblaze's RP thread is now accepted.

Old March 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Diamond1304's RP thread is accepted!

FallenAngelSilver's RP thread is denied. Because 1) you have already made an RP much like this one, 2) there's not really enough story or rules to build a roleplay on.

Last edited by Doctor; March 29th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:46 PM
Doctor
& time lord

TabrisNagisa's OOC thread has been accepted. (note that you may not make another out of character/discussion thread for the same RP later. You'll have to use this one then)

MoonstoneSkitty's RP thread is accepted.

Lilliana's RP thread is accepted.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Doctor
& time lord

jackblaze's OOC thread is accepted.

PiKasnAp
's RP thread is denied because the plot is wayyyy too short. You'll need to think it through some more, describe the setting at least a little and explain what the players are supposed to do, and who they are supposed to be.

Supervegeta
's RP thread is accepted.

Last edited by Doctor; April 2nd, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Doctor
& time lord

miley810's RP thread is accepted, even though your SU sheet is awfully short... I guess you want the players to play the personalities of the legendaries shown in the movies?

Old April 5th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Doctor
& time lord

998435's RP is denied for now. I can frankly not understand the plot. You should read over your post properly before posting it because now there are several grammar errors that confuses the reader. And maybe you should explain what tale beasts/tail beasts are a little more carefully (unless you're amining for already knowledgeable Naruto fans, but maybe you should state so then).

HunterZero's RP thread is accepted.

Marina E. Silver
's OOC thread is accepted.

Old April 6th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Doctor
& time lord

HunterZero's OOC thread is accepted.

Cubaser's RP thread is accepted.

Old April 7th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Doctor
& time lord

mathewsggm's RP thread is denied. You should evolve the plot and build and describe a world where your players can play! :) And, read the rules before posting, please.

Fire Walker's OOC thread is pending until you PM/VM me promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is approved. The RP looks very interesting!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here