The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:43 PM
itari
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Python IPS Patcher

Hello, all! I recently purchased an Apple computer, and I needed an easy way to apply IPS patches without using an app. So, to solve that problem I wrote up a little python script complete with a GUI to help out, keeping Mac users in mind.

Screens

Spoiler:

The patcher running on Mac.

The patcher running on Windows. Thanks Shufflejoy!

The patcher running on Linux. Thanks Shiny Quagsire!

Download

Version 1.0: Click
Note: To get it to run on Linux, change the first line to "#!/usr/bin/python2". Thanks to Shiny Quagsire.

I've only tested this on Mac, so if you use it on anything else let me know how it goes!
Also, should I improve it? Add a way to make a patch?

Last edited by itari; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:51 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:17 PM
Shufflejoy
♀ not ♂

Nature: Timid
It appears to work perfectly well on Windows! I have Python 2.7.6 installed.

It looks like it should work fine on Linux, but on my Arch install I don't have Tk configured and don't feel like setting it up to test. I do think you should add support for creating patches! I also think it would be cool if you added a way to use it from the command line. Something like:

./ips.py patch [IPS] [ROM]
./ips.py create [OLD] [NEW] [IPS]
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 07:25 PM
itari
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufflejoy View Post
It appears to work perfectly well on Windows! I have Python 2.7.6 installed.

It looks like it should work fine on Linux, but on my Arch install I don't have Tk configured and don't feel like setting it up to test. I do think you should add support for creating patches! I also think it would be cool if you added a way to use it from the command line. Something like:

./ips.py patch [IPS] [ROM]
./ips.py create [OLD] [NEW] [IPS]
Thanks for trying it out for me!
It would be a simple matter to either add the command line format, or create a second script with that feature, so I'll probably do it.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:14 PM
Shufflejoy
♀ not ♂

Awesome. Looking forward to it! ^_^
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:58 PM
Shiny Quagsire
Unexpectedly Gone until Aug 13

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufflejoy View Post
It looks like it should work fine on Linux, but on my Arch install I don't have Tk configured and don't feel like setting it up to test.
Just tested on my personal Arch install, from the original .py I had to change the first line to this for it to work just executing it in bash:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python2
But that's only because it seemed to refuse to work with python 3, so launching it using python 2.7 is working so far:

(The lack of border is due to my tiling window manager, since I only use keyboard shortcuts to close and resize windows).

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 04:52 PM
itari
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
Just tested on my personal Arch install, from the original .py I had to change the first line to this for it to work just executing it in bash:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python2
But that's only because it seemed to refuse to work with python 3, so launching it using python 2.7 is working so far:

(The lack of border is due to my tiling window manager, since I only use keyboard shortcuts to close and resize windows).
Thanks for trying it out!
I don't have Linux on any of my computers, so I appreciate you testing this for me.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:37 PM
Shufflejoy
♀ not ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python2

Yeah, I had to change that line as well since my only Python install exists in /opt/android-build/python :p
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:05 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
NEW IPS PATHCER !!!!!!!!! Yes i was thinking to find something like this. Hope this will be lot easier then Lunar ips.

Sponsored Links