The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Since there isn't a fanclub for the Pokemon Special manga (or any of the other mangas), there isn't a place for people to currently speak of their favorite character. So, for any of the Pokemon Mangas, who would be your favorite?

Many people who knew me in the past would know that my favorite in Pokemon Special is Red (in fact, I called myself PC's #1 Red Fan in the past, haha~). While it make not show as much anymore, Red is still definitely my favorite character of Pokemon Special. There are... countless reasons as to why he's my favorite, but to avoid countless paragraphs, I'll just simply say that he's an amazing main character... and he's cute/hot.

I haven't really read any of the other mangas, but I love Bulbasaur and Eevee from Pokemon Magical Journey. Though most of the Pokemon are adorable in that manga.
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
JB2448
A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie

Nature: Relaxed
Dia is my favorite protagonist, seeing as how Kusaka put a lot of thought into the actual development of the character as the seventh arc went on. My favorite antagonist would have to be Sird, for hopefully obvious reasons.
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
chamo-chan
Plush maker :U

Nature: Naive
Lesse.
I have two favorite characters (One if from Pokemon Special, the other one is from DPA!)

Special: You guys should know this, but my favorite happens to be Yellow. She's really interesting to me, and I think she's pretty adorable.

DPA!: Mitsumi. Her back story as a member of Team Galactic really made me like her, because of how hard she tries to break away from her dark past. She's also pretty hilarious at times.

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I have so many favorite characters. Boy character would have to be Ruby, Pearl, and Diamond. My favorite female would be Yellow. For the DPA series I love Jun in this one. He is so funny.
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
shadowmoon
The Fresh Snow Trainer

gah, too many
my favorites, i have to say are:
silver: i love his backstory and how he seems to always darker than the other pokedex holders
red: obvious <3
green: again, obvious <3
ruby: i started liking his character after rereading the rse arc again. i noticed all the hints the authors put in about his battling abilities, since the beginning with the serviper.
dia: lovable ol' chap
blue: 'nuff said

from dpa!, i also like mitzumi. (although i think the "main girl character's" outfit doesn't suit her as much as the galactic outfit)
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Akihara
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I have to favorites: Sappire and Crystal.

Sapphire: tomboy (I like most of the tomboyish anime/manga characters), strong personality, a very knowledgeable person and quite nice and caring.
Crys: she's the most original character in Pokemon Special. No one except her can catch so many pokemon.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:59 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
My favorite Pokespe character is red for male pokedex holder, Sapphire for female pokedex holder and Giovanni is for the antagonist

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Don't mind meee, just sticking this~ ^__^

BTW my favourite character is a tie between Blue and Red~
Red is pretty awesome in general, and Blue is pretty calm and collected. <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

So far, having gotten two badges into the R/S arc, I'd have to say that Red and Blue (by Blue I mean the girl) are my favorites thus far. I can't really pinpoint exactly why, but I just like them a little more than the rest of the protagonists. Probably because Red is such a BAMF and because Blue has really grown as a character since she first appears in the story.
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
I absolutely adore Ruby. <3 And Gold of course. <3 And not just because they're hot. Green is cool too. Dia is adorable and I like his personality: slow, but steady, you know he'll always be there. It reminds me of the element earth. Of course, there's also the one and only Red. I like a lot of characters in PokeSpe. Yellow is pretty cute and I heart Gold's Pichu. XD Oh, and I forgot Silver.
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:44 AM
PunxsatownyPhil
The guy who still uses a GBC

Nature: Jolly
Ruby actually kind of annoys me, sometimes. Note the "sometimes." Yellow is my favorite, but I really like most of the characters.

Old April 30th, 2011, 05:03 PM
ForeverFlygon
Sarcasm is Wincasm!

Nature: Relaxed
Yellow is my favorite, she reminds me of a good friend of mine.
Old May 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Ruhn
Breeder

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Ruhn
mine are... well it's hard for me to tell but i like red and yellow. from the pokemon characters it would be mewto (he's the coolest :D)
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Reiyu
Ghost Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Id have to say Ruby, Yellow, Red and Emerald are my favs!
Old May 17th, 2011, 10:45 PM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Yellow. Red comes after short with Blue and Green.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Iditarod
Wandering Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I haven't read all of PokeSpe yet, but so far my favorites are...

Dex Holders:

-Green (boy) (My favorite Dex Holder. 'Nuff said.)
-Blue (girl) She's the perfect good-hearted protagonist-meets-devious trickster. Plus without her, Green would have nobody. And that would be sad.

Non-Dex Holders:

-Bill, because he makes me LOL a lot. His accent is a win.
-Lance, because he's just a beast in general and so are his Pokemon. And even though he's evil, he's got the Viridian Forest's healing power, so I could totally see him turning over a new leaf (although I know that won't happen in the manga, Nice thought, though...)

...And that's all for now. I'm only on the G/S/C arc, so once I get farther, I'll probably update this. Gold is showing some potential.
Pokemon Gold Team
Pokemon Blue Team
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Why haven't I posted in this yet.

Out of the 'Dex Holders:

1. Ruby
When I first read Ruby's and Sapphire's descriptions on Serebii, I loved Sapph and hated Ruby. When I read the RS arc, that reversed. Ruby has been one of my favorites since, and I love him because of his personality and I love his Pokemon. I also love pretty much any fanart of him, even if it's Frantic.

2. Gold
Let me be honest: I hated Gold when I first read the GSC arc. I found him obnoxious and not that great a character. Then I read the Emerald arc. Gold was still kind of obnoxious (OK, maybe kind of is an understatement, but he wasn't as obnoxious as I found him in the GSC arc), but he cracked me up. I now really like him a lot, and I think his personality's awesome.

3. Pearl and Black
I...love the DPPt rival. I really do. Pearl is the first rival in the manga to be named something other than his default name (Jun/Barry, take your pick). I'm also more fond of the tsukkomi (the straight man; typically short-tempered) than the boke (the simpleton; see: Dia), but maybe that's my inner sadist speaking. Pearl's also got a really great personality, and it isn't completely based off that of Jun's/Barry's.

As for Black, I know he's like your typical shounen hero, but I loved him from the moment he was introduced. Maybe it was because he took on a general stereotype as opposed to the other "main" 'Dex Holders of their arcs (Red was rather carefree, Yellow was timid, Gold was a jerk, Ruby was a priss, Emerald was quirky, and Dia was a glutton). I honestly am not too keen on how he has a freaking Braviary AND Galvantula so early in the series, but eh.

Out of the Side Characters:

1. Courtney/Marge
You can't deny that she wasn't an awesome Magma Grunt. In fact, she's what made me love Team Magma more than I did before. Her attitude, her secret, her overall personality... I just really love her.

2. Wally
RSE had Wally as a sickly boy, but if you ask me, he didn't really seem all that sickly. However, the manga did a good job portraying his personality, and he was really wickedly awesome near the end.

3. Norman and Professor Oak
Both were so much more badass than their game counterparts. Norman might have been a jerk to Ruby, but he really cared about his well-being despite appearances. And Oak evolved (pun intended) from an old guy who sent kids on a journey to an old guy who kicks butt in battles and whatnot.
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:14 AM
zappyspiker
Sword Art Online

Nature: Brave
For so long Gold was my favorite character - No kidding, he still is now.
Being a digimon fan right before I started reading PokeSpec didn't help when I saw he had a pair of goggles on his head. I don't know why but I guessed I liked him because he was a lot my personality - Choosing Cyndaquil as a starter, skateboarding, playing billiards.
Also the fact that my first game on the game boy was Crystal I enjoyed his storyline so much in PokeSpec. Haha ever since I started reading that arc I would call my pokemon "Ataro", "Explotaro" etc

I guess ever since B/W (Haven't read much of it yet though) I've also started to like Black. I just love hist outgoing hot-blooded personality although I have to say I was sorta disappointed when he had a Tepig instead of a Oshawott. Haven't built up enough to say he's my favorite character... but he's getting there

Rival-wise my favorite character is Green. I would say a tie with Pearl but I haven't read much of the D/P/PL arc... I mostly read the unrelated Pokemon Adventures with Hareta and Jun.
Mainly because of rivalry between Red but also because of how his progression of maturity throughout the whole of PokeSpec
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
If you knew me when I joined PC and you know my old username and you remember that wonderful avatar I had back then...

Well what I'm getting at is that my favorite character is Silver. Or well, he used to be. I probably like Green more now tbh. :x (This is the part where everyone kills me.) Silver's still up there, but ehhh. I don't know what happened. XD He just slid down. But yeah, Green and Silver are my favorites.

As far as girls go, definitely Blue. Just cause.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

PokéSpe: I like them all really, although I don't like Crystal and Platinum as much. Don't get me wrong, I like them, just something about them irritates me. Particularly Crystal. Honestly, when she got all upset and couldn't capture, I didn't even blink. Whereas when Red lost his will to battle, or Sapphire started wearing leaves again...that was emotional.

Overall though, my favourite character is Ruby. I like how he's kinda flawed, being incredibly vain, and a bit of a prick to Sapphire, for example pretending to forget all that stuff he said to her (I'd be extremely shocked if he honestly did forget). I also like most of his team. Swampert, Mightyena, Kirlia (here's hoping for a Gallade! Although Gardevoir would suit him more), Milotic are all brilliant. Minun is cool, particularly as you get one in Pokémon Ranger. Delcatty and Castform are cool too. I know I'm forgetting one...oh wait, he had Celebi! I love how Celebi chose to go with him, presumably having seen the future, when it could've just as easily gone with Sapphire. The fact that he's a boy, yet good at contests is nice, and his incredible battling skill is another bonus. Despite losing to Emerald (and not winning in the other tournament), I honestly reckon he could defeat Red or Green if his pokémon were at similar levels.

Gold's probably my second-favourite, tied with Red (who has more pokémon I like - I don't like Sunflora).
So...yeah, Ruby ftw! xD
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:37 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
My two favorite Manga characters are Yellow (because of her Pikachu even though I do not like it, but hers is unique in some way) and Gold because...well I do not know.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM
metronome
dinosaurs are cool

Yellow and Ruby + Sapphire from Special!
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Glaciezxstar
zzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post

PokéSpe: I like them all really, although I don't like Crystal and Platinum as much. Don't get me wrong, I like them, just something about them irritates me. Particularly Crystal. Honestly, when she got all upset and couldn't capture, I didn't even blink. Whereas when Red lost his will to battle, or Sapphire started wearing leaves again...that was emotional.

Spoiler:
She cried because she wasn't able to understand Suicune. She said that so herself. I'm sure that you've noticed that as well.

I know, the above reason seem to be kinda weak. Okay, let me take a look at the panel where she cries. (Tin Tower version)

(I'm using the CY version.)
"And all I did was the attack him recklessly... hindering his intentions."

She probably felt bad for attacking him.

All Suicune wanted to do was simple; and that is to meet Ho-Oh. He could've done it fine without her interruption. But nooo, she had to hinder his intention and try to capture him. She could've seriously injured him if he hadn't set up his wall.

Um, I don't really know how to explain this but...

See, all Suicune wanted to do was such a simple thing, but she prevented him from doing so. She probably thought that she hurt his feelings too.

Suicune was a Pokemon with a good heart. <- Proven when he healed that Qwilfish and cleaned the sea with its powers. Unconditionally.
Normally, you wouldn't like to make someone with a "good heart" upset, right? (Maybe someone like Yellow? What if you had unintentionally hurt her feelings? Someone as kind and gentle as Yellow... Gosh...) Because you'll feel bad and feel that they don't deserve to be hurt by you. Yeah, it's somewhere along those lines. Which is why hurting Suicune mattered so much to Crys. So much that she started to cry.

As she sat on the roof of the Tin Tower, she recollected her thoughts and her battle with Suicune. The more she thought about what she did to Suicune, the more upset she became. I believe that this was also one of the reasons she cried.

And later on, wow, she even tried to cheer herself up and get back to capturing Pokemon! However, she didn't realise that she had been so emotionally scarred by that incident that she temporary lost her ability for capturing Pokemon.

Oh my god. Two setbacks in a row! And she's only 11! And, look at her face when she was unable to capture that Psyduck. ):

So later, she realised that she won't be able to finish the Pokedex if this continues. She wanted to call Prof. Oak, but... she didn't want to disappoint him. And remember, she agreed to complete the Pokedex for Prof. Oak in exchange for the renovation of the orphanage. The renovation must've cost a ton... how could she muster up the courage to tell him straight in the face that she's now unable to capture any Pokemon?

Yep, I think I'll break down right on the spot due to stress. But she didn't. That is, until her mother came running along...

I think her mom's appearance cheered her up a little. I mean, who wouldn't? Her mom was so bubbly and Crys probably missed her a ton.

And then her mom just had to show her the pokeballs that she brought... I can tell that Crys wasn't too happy when she saw that.

Then her mom asked her to catch the Azumarill. The last thing she needed was to fail another capture...

And then her mother asked her "What happened?".

I'm sure many of us here would break down straight away irl if you're feeling sad over something and TRYING TO NOT CRY and putting on a brave front for whatever reason and someone just had to notice that you're unhappy and ask you, "What happened?".

Oh, see, she said that she has an "important mission" to complete for Prof. Oak and that she didn't know what to do. Yep, looks like I was correct.

I should probably stop here since she stopped crying after that... O-o

Oh, don't worry, I'm not mad at you or anything lol. I know that everyone has their own preference and whatnot, but I just want to... show her side of the story?

I know, my grammar is horrible and my points are kinda messy. OTL

Well, my favourite character is Crys. Second to her is Gold.

I think it's because I tend to go for the least popular characters. O_o Hey, but Gold isn't unpopular...

I think Crys' obsession with stars is adorable. And I can relate to her well sometimes. Hehe, I obviously have a lot more to say but I'm too tired to list them all down here.

I love Gold because his personality is a lot like mine. x3 (That part... where he trained Ataro and Explotaro like hell because Prof. Oak refused to give him the Pokedex. And what he said, " Who needs your Pokedex anyway?!" is so me. And of course, there are many other similarities but it's too long. Too long to list here.)

Oh, and I love Gold's bangs and goggles. owo And his carefree attitude is so <3. And I like how he isn't good at battling but resort to tricks to defeat his opponent.

Oh, my third favourite is definitely. RUBY. This guy is gosh. He managed to leave me lol-ing irl for like, 5 minutes because he's just that funny. Haha. And I like how he could be so freaking feminine and badass at.the.same.time. And because I like guys with an Idiot Hair, red eyes and fingerless gloves. Oh god, he's my dream guy. (But I'll never pair him up with myself. FranticShipping ftw.) My #1 fangirl material. -sigh- And his devotion to Sapphire is just... aww.

Long post is long. Don't mind me, I'm trying to make some noise here because it is just TOO QUIET. /shot

Last edited by Glaciezxstar; August 29th, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

Crystal was 11 in the Gold, Silver and Crystal chapter.
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Glaciezxstar
zzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipiece View Post
Crystal was 11 in the Gold, Silver and Crystal chapter.
O_o waitwhat.

Thanks for correcting me.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links