The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old March 16th, 2011 (09:15 PM). Edited March 17th, 2011 by Kenshin5.
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/de...103241900.html

So apparently TV Tokyo is skipping around even more and we're getting some episode about Bel (sounds like she's with the group) and an Emonga. (Guess it will belong to someone.) There's something at the top of the page about Iris chasing after it too. Hopefully someone can translate a bit better than that.

No TRio in this episode, so we're going back to that again. Sakaki's VA is listed, but he also plays the sunglasses croc and other misc. Pokemon. However, Sakaki's secretary VA is also listed. So either they're both playing random Pokemon or we could have Sakaki and his secretary in an episode without the TRio. Hopefully the preview will shed some light into this.

Shooti/Zuruggu's VA is also listed. Nothing else of real note.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 16th, 2011 (09:28 PM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I call Dent catching Emonga. Mainly because I want to see it happen. And, if previous episodes are anything to go by, Iris chasing after it (presumably because it's cute) will mean it will hate/reject/harbor a mild dislike for her by the end of the episode.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 16th, 2011 (09:39 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I get the feeling Iris or either Bianca will get it. More then likely it would be Iris since they seem to maintain a Pikachu clone with Marril(who was supposed to be the replacement as Pikablu) and Pachirisu, and yes they skipped Plusle and Minun. Either way I don't get the feeling that Cilan will get it. Not to mention Cilan has the episode prior to this where he is the main focus, so I kind of doubt this even farther. Maybe he catches some Water type.

Old March 16th, 2011 (09:48 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

> Bel I could see getting it, but she already has a Chillarmy, which I think of a similar for some reason.
> I really don't think Iris will get this one at all, due to cute Pokemon hating her.
> I want Dent to get it, and I can't think of any water type he would get that suits him in my opinion.
> Ash is not going to get it.
> Or it's a Pokemon of the Day. Or possibly something that will show up again later.

The episode prior to this, though, doesn't have a Pokemon named in its episode title, which dissuades me from believing Dent will catch anything.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 17th, 2011 (12:24 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Does anyone seriously, does everyone have to call out a capture for every episode? Just because it's mentioned in the episode doesn't mean one of the gang will catch it.

Old March 17th, 2011 (04:05 AM).
Grassmen
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Does anyone seriously, does everyone have to call out a capture for every episode? Just because it's mentioned in the episode doesn't mean one of the gang will catch it.
Well, Emolga is shown on a LOT of merchandise, as well as being confirmed to be a (fairly) important character in the upcoming movies. It does seem quite likely that someone will catch it :p

I'm hoping Bianca stays with the group after this episode, she's definitely one of my favourite characters. Shame BW026 is being delayed though.

Old March 17th, 2011 (07:32 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassmen View Post
Well, Emolga is shown on a LOT of merchandise, as well as being confirmed to be a (fairly) important character in the upcoming movies. It does seem quite likely that someone will catch it :p

I'm hoping Bianca stays with the group after this episode, she's definitely one of my favourite characters. Shame BW026 is being delayed though.
Yes, and that merchandise is used to promote the games too. I know we've seen quite a few pokémon merchandise that has seemed to eventually join the gang, but most actually hasn't - including those ducklett, I haven't actually seen a lot, promoting the anime though. :P

On topic though, I am interested to see this Emonga - the "Beware of cute faces" makes me think of attract, so maybe even a Snivy battle. :D

Old March 17th, 2011 (09:47 AM).
Anna
Community Supporter

People call a capture because they think a capture would be interesting. And it's fun to speculate on what kind of teams the cast will end up having.

"Beware of cute faces" actually makes me think it's more of a mischievous Pokemon, bothering the gang in some way or another. Putting it that way, the episode sounds like a filler.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 17th, 2011 (09:55 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I can understand that, but there really isn't any need for a capture every episode.

That makes sence too, but we already had those Ducklett in episode 20 and that Trubbish a few episodes ago, I am getting very tired of these fillers. Although I am happy we haven't been getting too many.

I hope we see some mention of Elesa, I remember in a building somewhere in Castelia someone mentioning Elease in the games, plus we now have an Emolga. I would love to see her a bit more earlier like Arti. :3

Old March 17th, 2011 (05:43 PM).
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

I found this. It's apparently the summary and some pictures as well.
Quote:
Ash and Co. meet a really cute Emolga who begins playing tag with Iris. But this Emolga has an unexpected personality...Oshawott, who has fallen in love, joins in - creating a huge uproar!?

Heading toward Nimbassa City, when in front of Ash and Co. who've been traveling with Bianca, appears Emolga, the Sky Squirrel Pokemon! Emolga, who kindly picks up berries that Axew has dropped, has all the Pokemon under its spell. Seeing this cute Pokemon, an excited Bianca quickly begins a battle in order to capture it. But, Emolga toys with its opponent using Attract, is unable to cope with the battle and runs away.

Bianca panics and chases after it! Along for the ride, for some reason, is Axew. It appears that it wants to thank the Emolga, who was so kind to it. However, this Emolga has a secret the team had never thought of...
ok here are the pictures
Spoiler:

Old March 17th, 2011 (05:59 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Seems pretty much like the cute thing is just an act for something else. Ash might need to bust out Snivy with this. Unless he still has Tranquill with him, which would be a type disadvantage anyway. I could see Bianca using Minccino then having it use Cute Charm ability against Emolga.

Old March 17th, 2011 (09:21 PM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

From what I heard Bel wasn't listed in the voice cast either but she's in it so we don't really know who will be in it yet guess will see when it airs. I'm wondering why the Dento episode will be skipped, does some thing bad happen in that one too? Weird. Any who, I think Bel should get it cuz than it could be a rival for Pikachu.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old March 17th, 2011 (11:54 PM).
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
In those pics, it looks like Emolga doesn't really like Bel/Bianca.

I'm more inclined to believe Iris will catch it, being as she only has Axew to fight with at the moment, as Excadrill won't listen to her. And with just (Scratch?) and a failed Dragon Rage... she kind've needs something capable of defending herself. And her hair is just BEGGING for a Pachirisu-esque frizzle.

I'm just assuming that BW26 is being skipped because it's about a Fishing Competition, and a Fishing Village of like, 10,000 population just disappeared with the Tsunami. It'd be a sore subject for some Japanese citizens.

Old March 18th, 2011 (01:06 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Yes Mew. Elesa might be in Castelia for a fashion show and one, if not both as it's beware of cute "faces", run off =3
Old March 18th, 2011 (03:27 PM).
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
I can't wait to see Elesa! My guess is also that Iris will capture the emonga.

Old March 24th, 2011 (08:55 AM).
KingKaos
Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!

So emolga joined Iris for the food? Have to admit that Mijumaru was my favorite in this episode, jumping in on attract. This episode was pretty decent

Full Power comes from their hearts!
Old March 24th, 2011 (11:38 AM).
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
This was a good episode. I was able to see half of it because of the fact the first part of the episode wasn't working. I was glad we got a episode on Iris and at least she gotten herself another Pokemon that is so cute. I love how Mijumaru had a crush on the Emonga. Good episode and I hope we get to see more episodes with Iris.
Old March 24th, 2011 (12:39 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

OMG Excadrill does something outside of be a lazy bum! This episode was kind of one of those humorous episodes, with Bianca as the crazy person trying to catch Emolga, then getting Ash and Cilan in messes that she made like getting chased down by Scolipede and shocked by Galvantula. Oshawott arrogance leads him to another swift beat up xD. Glad to see an Iris episode, since the last one was episode 9.

Old March 24th, 2011 (01:53 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
> Maniplative Emonga
> Bel and Iris don't seem to get along...
> Let's all run down a steep hill.
> What is this bgm is sounds interesting.
> WHOA that Emonga was just moving suggestively. o_O
> Girly Cute vs Manly Cute.
> Emonga gets fed up...
> lol Chillarmy.
> Mijumaru doesn't need to be Attracted...
> I was not staring at Dent's ass while he ran. Why would you think that?
> The apples Kibago is holding keep varying in size. Odd, because they are the same apples.
> Oh, so it's a competition, Bel vs Iris.
> And the men are left in the dust.
> Angry Emonga!
> DON'T GO INTO THE TALL GRASS YOU WILL BE ATTACK- owait anime=/=games. Imagine that.
> I knew that was going to break.
> Oh noes scary forest.
> Wait. Wait. How are there so many wild Kokoromori? What...?
> Antics... alerting more Kokoromori.
> Oh no what is in that bush...
> Setting the forest on fire is a great idea, Bel.
> Oh. Pendraa. Thought so.
> Pause. How did Ash and Dent get down there too? And catch up with Bel again? There is no way Dent would be so undignified as to slide down.
> AH DENCHURA
> So every Kokoromori is male? How likely is that?
> Oh, only about 2/3. Okay. WAIT WHAT IS DORYUUZU DOING
> Oh. Guess he's male too.
> Yeah! Godchu to the rescue!
> Mijumaru wants to be the hero.
> lol fail.
> It's difficult to make flying Pokemon blast off.
> Yay, happy ending.

not enough Dent time
I think I like Iris a bit more after this... boy, Bel was being a brat though! Goodness, I would hate to put up with her. I would have smacked her by 5 minutes in.
Emonga seems to be picking up on Iris's personality a bit by the end. That could cause trouble.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 25th, 2011 (02:06 AM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
I loved this episode. It was really hilarious, especially the first part. It got a bit repititive in the second part with Kokoromori using that weird move and Emonga thunderbolting them all. I'd like to see how far Kibago x Emonga or Mijumaru x Emonga does though. :P
Old March 25th, 2011 (04:15 PM).
jynx
Er.../eh...

I loved this episode too.
I like how the Patrats jumped on the branch to get apples

Very funny start :)

And...this Emolga is REALLY clever!!

My DA: http://j2y8n2x.deviantart.com
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links