Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
MikeMatt15
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I can't load the beta version. When I start it up it tells me to select a language, but there isn't a language on the list to select, so I end up closing the window and the program stops loading... I was reading through the comments, and well I guess I'm the only one this happened to?
My Kanto / Johto map. ©MikeMatt15 2011
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Complans
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMatt15 View Post
I can't load the beta version. When I start it up it tells me to select a language, but there isn't a language on the list to select, so I end up closing the window and the program stops loading... I was reading through the comments, and well I guess I'm the only one this happened to?
Try opening the program while it is in the .zip

Wait till it fully loads up, then close it. It should tell you that new files have been added/extracted etc, do you wish to save them? Select yes.

Then extract the files, it should work normally.
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
Exactly what it says. Instead of just new blocks, you can insert a whole new tileset.

would we still have to do the whole tile inserting thing?
POKÈMON COLOSSEUM TRILOGY FOR RMXP!! COMING THIS SUMMER!
STATUS; BETA 1 70%
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Of course. Though if you had a tileset ready you could just import it straight from there.
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:02 AM
r0bert
Quitifyingly awesome.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Of course. Though if you had a tileset ready you could just import it straight from there.
so you can have a tileset with more than 16 colours,and then it'll automatically put it in different palletes?
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
itari
悪魔の妹
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert View Post
so you can have a tileset with more than 16 colours,and then it'll automatically put it in different palletes?
No, because if you do try to load something like that, it will reject it because it doesn't have a palette file for one, and two is that it won't do what you suggested anyways. What you do is first, set up the paletes, export the new, blank tileset, then add the tiles just like any other with just the 16 of colors of whatever palette was exported.
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:36 PM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
i see, at least it's a tad bit easier... Though i wish there wasn't the tile inserting process... i suck at that lol
POKÈMON COLOSSEUM TRILOGY FOR RMXP!! COMING THIS SUMMER!
STATUS; BETA 1 70%
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:21 PM
RHIOne
Dev of Hack Album RHIOne

Good job Lu-Ho, the program does run more swiftly however I do miss the more organized sidebar in AM 1.92, nothing is perfect though and I can live without the more organized sidebar. Thank you Lu-Ho once again, and keep up the good work!
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Shiny Zoroark
Elite Trainer Connor

Nature: Serious
this is great but it is gonna take me some time to get used to the new layout of everything.
Check out my hack...

Connor // 1521-3308-5945
PKMN Y | Badges: 8 | Time: 381:48
Seen: 718 | Own: 718
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Complans
Trainer

I would suggest an undo/redo feature, sometimes when I finish using the greatblock feature I forget to select the normal mode and I right click (pipette) spot and the greatblock appears on it.
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Oddly enough I cannot run this anymore. I downloaded it on the first day and it worked fine. I accidentally erased it and redownloaded it today and now my Norton pops up with a Suspicious.Cloud.2 warning and immediately removes the .exe file. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution? I still have 1.92 so it isn't too much of a big deal, just wondering if I'm alone on this one?

Edit: I'm still not sure why this program set off my Norton but I've got it running now. For everyone who still has A-Map 1.92 it's a good idea to keep it around. 1.95 is awesome but in the last few days I've encountered quite a few bugs (mainly related to pointers) that are easily remedied using A-Map 1.92. I'm currently using 1.95 in conjunction with 1.92 in order to fix whatever problems I run into.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; March 27th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Update & Advice
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
LU-HO
Author of AdvanceMap

Send a message via ICQ to LU-HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIOne View Post
Good job Lu-Ho, the program does run more swiftly however I do miss the more organized sidebar in AM 1.92, nothing is perfect though and I can live without the more organized sidebar. Thank you Lu-Ho once again, and keep up the good work!
You mean becouse there is no "from ini" anymore?
I deactivate this function, so you will start to use the "header sort" option.
The "Combobox in the Toolbar", there you can change the sort / group of the "from Header".
If you select "Mix Mapname + Tileset" you will get EXACTLY what you have bevore under "From ini".
An more, this view will also been updated, if you insert new maps.
The "From Ini" was static...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Oddly enough I cannot run this anymore. I downloaded it on the first day and it worked fine. I accidentally erased it and redownloaded it today and now my Norton pops up with a Suspicious.Cloud.2 warning and immediately removes the .exe file. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution? I still have 1.92 so it isn't too much of a big deal, just wondering if I'm alone on this one?

Edit: I'm still not sure why this program set off my Norton but I've got it running now. For everyone who still has A-Map 1.92 it's a good idea to keep it around. 1.95 is awesome but in the last few days I've encountered quite a few bugs (mainly related to pointers) that are easily remedied using A-Map 1.92. I'm currently using 1.95 in conjunction with 1.92 in order to fix whatever problems I run into.
It would be nice if you report me the errors you get. and best way also with the Error logs form the ErrorLogs directory, so I can Analyse what exactly happen.

If every one say, there was errors in it, but don't say what the error was exactly I cannot fix them.

PS: I had verified right now, the file on download page is the same now, as I uploaded it bevore. So the "Virus Alert" must be a "False Positive".
Hello out there, you perhaps notice already, I'm no longer active in RomHacking.

It's finally here, AdvanceMap 1.95 (Open Beta).
get it: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta
Questions about AdvanceMap, found bugs, problems on using it? => contact me.

All versiones of Advance Map are available on ampage.no-ip.info.
The newest version of AdvanceMap is AM 1.95 get it.

Greetz goes to:
Mastermind_X, Tutti, Scizz, Darkmaster01, Tauwasser, F-Zero, Jiggly, Filb, Lugia2000, Mulle, Philb, Jay, TraX, Spacy, Mikaron, Coolman, CrazyNebulak, Arty und Serwe.

Old March 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by LU-HO View Post
You mean becouse there is no "from ini" anymore?
I deactivate this function, so you will start to use the "header sort" option.
The "Combobox in the Toolbar", there you can change the sort / group of the "from Header".
If you select "Mix Mapname + Tileset" you will get EXACTLY what you have bevore under "From ini".
An more, this view will also been updated, if you insert new maps.
The "From Ini" was static...

It would be nice if you report me the errors you get. and best way also with the Error logs form the ErrorLogs directory, so I can Analyse what exactly happen.

If every one say, there was errors in it, but don't say what the error was exactly I cannot fix them. -_-

PS: I had verified right now, the file on download page is the same now, as I uploaded it bevore. So the "Virus Alert" must be a "False Positive".
The error i got first was similar to Spherical Ice's. When you try to remove Pokemon data on a map it looks as if it's done and continually prompts you to save the wild Pokemon dataa, even if you haven't changed it. Then I get an error stating that there is an invalid pointer and doesn't allow me to change anything on the map. Another error I got what is when you try to import maps and insert them. A-map acts as if your map has been inserted but when you try to enter said map in the program you get an invalid footer message. Also I inserted a map using A-Map 1.92 and when I try to add connections the connections don't stick in-game. This may be an isolated incident as it's only happened with one of the two maps I inserted.

Edit: Also everytime I open the program I get the error "error created while creating backup, backup not created" or something to that effect.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; March 28th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
Nice work. I only have one issue with this though.
How come it lets you view the seasons and times of day, but doesn't let you make things different?
For instance, if I go to Winter and try to make the weather snow, it'll be snow for all seasons, and if I try to make Dustox appear only at night, it'll appear all times in the day.
What's the actual purpose of viewing time/seasons? seriously...
I'VE LEFT THIS ACCOUNT. Here is my new profile
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:50 PM
isael-21
Perfect IV Seeker

Nature: Calm
Very good job! this is the best program to edit tiles and scripts, or make an entire hack xD

If it isn't much problem, I'd like to make a suggestion... would you PLEASE change the amount of Overworlds than the Advance Map accepts?? I beg you, if you can, please, that would make it even better, I mean, the best tool of all the times (although it is xD),

So, think about it, I'll be waiting for your answer =)

Yalah!
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:12 PM
~Poke~
Hasn't played 5th gen yet.

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMatt15 View Post
I got this error because I had it in a folder called "Pokéhacks". When I renamed it to "Pokehacks" it worked.

EDIT:

Also, not so much a bug as a complaint, but when I set things to double view size they get smoothed or blurry. Could you change this to crisp, sharp pixel lines?
Screenie:

I'd like all the tiles to look how they do in the big block selection, otherwise I feel like I need glasses :/
I refuse to enter a battle of the wits with you,
it's against my morals to attack an unarmed person.

Last edited by ~Poke~; April 8th, 2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added a screenie
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:20 AM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
How come it lets you view the seasons and times of day, but doesn't let you make things different?
For instance, if I go to Winter and try to make the weather snow, it'll be snow for all seasons, and if I try to make Dustox appear only at night, it'll appear all times in the day.
Have you inserted a RTC into firered?
If you haven't, Try this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Ray Laé Àlfori
Majarath F.

This is a wonderful tool Really, thank you very much for it. What would we do without Advance Map? xD

I like the improvements of the new version. I only had a disappointment, though: I expected you to implement the tile animation editor in the block editor, so it'd be easier and faster to use. But well... no problem.

What annoys me the most about A-Map 1.95, however, is the lack of transparency =/ When you edit the maps, you can only see the "top layer" of the tiles (and that's annoying, because you don't see if the tiles look alright together or not), and the same with the overworlds in the events editor. I suppose that you don't know yet how to do the transparencies in the new programming system you're using, or something. I hope you fix it in the definitive version =)

Quote:
That's exactly what I thought =/ Maybe we need to do something else in order to be able to use the season system?

We'll, those are all the issues I had with this new version (apart from the bugs, but it's a beta, so I won't complain). Keep working on it!

Good luck.

Ray Laé Àlfori (Rayku Rayquaza)

Edit: ignore my problems with the season system xD I've just discobered how to do it: Tools menu-> Season editor.

Last edited by Ray Laé Àlfori; April 8th, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old April 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
LU-HO
Author of AdvanceMap

Send a message via ICQ to LU-HO
@Ray Laé Àlfori:
I do the transparency correct, and it do also work on many other Testers.
What kind of System do you have?
WinXP / Vista / 7, or older/other one?
Hello out there, you perhaps notice already, I'm no longer active in RomHacking.

It's finally here, AdvanceMap 1.95 (Open Beta).
get it: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta
Questions about AdvanceMap, found bugs, problems on using it? => contact me.

All versiones of Advance Map are available on ampage.no-ip.info.
The newest version of AdvanceMap is AM 1.95 get it.

Greetz goes to:
Mastermind_X, Tutti, Scizz, Darkmaster01, Tauwasser, F-Zero, Jiggly, Filb, Lugia2000, Mulle, Philb, Jay, TraX, Spacy, Mikaron, Coolman, CrazyNebulak, Arty und Serwe.

Old April 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
vexslasher
Beginning Trainer

This is great, I still have been using the older version, but this one looks more user friendly with all the little thumbnails and stuff, I was wondering if you plan on making a version to work with the pokemon black and white versions?
Friend Code Black 4470 0296 0751
Friend Code Pearl 3610 8886 1901
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:35 AM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
Wow, 1.95. I always thought it would never come. I can't wait to try it out.

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707

Last edited by mew²; April 10th, 2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
What happened to the colour selecter in the palette viewer? Doesn't seem to be there.

Some bugs with the season editor (I'm using Ruby):

This happened when I exited a house. If I run around it fixes though.

And this happened when I entered a new map. The palette 1 reverts back to the Summer Palette.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC

Last edited by Crimson5M; April 10th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Meta Paradox
Researching FireRed...

Nature: Serious
Quote:
That's right. I updated my Day, Night and Seasons app (by prime-dialga) and installed the RTC, Seasons, and DAN in my FireRed ROM. I opened Advance Map 1.95, went to Route 1 [Day] and changed the wild Pokémon. When I scrolled to the Night time period, I checked the wild Pokémon and there were the same changes I had made in Day! How come? I don't get it.
Meta Paradox On The Web:
http://metaparadox.webs.com/
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
I thought 1.92 is the last one but I am really surprised to see new and improve 1.95 a-Map.
Thanks for a Great tool.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:22 AM
POKE'WIN
It's Funny Cuz Its Not Me

Do you think you can make the big block feature like RPG maker where you can
Use more then one tile at once.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here