The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2011 (03:05 AM).
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by POKE'WIN View Post
Do you think you can make the big block feature like RPG maker where you can
Use more then one tile at once.
Grosser Block. That's been there for ages.
Just click Ctr and right click the tiles you want, and drag it, and you will select more than one tile.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old April 13th, 2011 (11:11 PM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
YAY !! Its here is it, well i'm not gonna dowbnload it untill the full version without probs and with the worldmap editor are done, but this is an excelent job Lu Ho very very cool !!

Old April 17th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
.Fasd.
Beginning Trainer

The link for the download doesn' t work.
Old April 17th, 2011 (10:45 AM).
Ray Laé Àlfori
Majarath F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LU-HO View Post
@Ray Laé Àlfori:
I do the transparency correct, and it do also work on many other Testers.
What kind of System do you have?
WinXP / Vista / 7, or older/other one?
Sorry I didn't anwer sooner, I don't visit Pokecommunity very often U

Mmm... I use Windows XP Professional and I didn't have any problems with A-Map 1.92. But with 1.95 it happens exactly what I told you: I can only see the top layer of the tiles.

I have another information that may interest you: I have tried to emulate 1.95 in Ubuntu Linux using Wine (a Windows emulator). I could emulate 1.92 perfectly well, but with 1.95 the strangest thing happened: the icons were all upside-down! xD See it for yourself:

Spoiler:

And not only that, but the tiles with transparency are also messed-up. Not in the same way as in my Windows XP, but, as you can see, with Wine they aren't displayed correctly either =/

I hope this helps you to improve the program Good luck and thanks.

Ray Laé Àlfori (Rayku Rayquaza)

PD: Wine version: 1.2.2
Old April 17th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
gamesharkhacker
SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.

Nature: Careful
A really good feature would be where you can see how connected maps join together eg. how they one map aligns with another map. if you know what I mean.

That'd be a really sick feature. Thanks, GSH.

GSH - Owner and Creator of
Pokemon PoisonedPyrite/ParalysisPyrite

GSH - Music creator/hacker of
Pokemon Morganite
Old April 18th, 2011 (04:45 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Horray! It's about time my friend that you've released a new version of AdvanceMap! ^^ This is great, this is excellent! I'm gonna give it a whirl and start reporting all the bugs I can find with the new beta. And I will report every bug that I find in the program itself and send the screenshots to you, Luho. ;)

At least you took your time and did what you could to bring in the new features that many asked for, I'm sure it would've been alot of work for me as well if I ever knew about how to create programs using Visual Studio.

I think I'm just a little overally excited after I returned to PC and found a new version of AM after 3 years. ^^' xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old April 18th, 2011 (12:09 PM).
ggctuk

Originally Posted by gamesharkhacker View Post
A really good feature would be where you can see how connected maps join together eg. how they one map aligns with another map. if you know what I mean.

You mean, like, we'd be able to see the first few tiles of the next maps over so we can properly align them without having to save, play the game, exit then tweak? That would be a very handy feature.
2DS Friend code: 5429-9543-4524
Old April 18th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

That's already in this beta, if you look at the connections tool, I think. It shows a preview of the connected map in the tool already.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 19th, 2011 (09:48 AM). Edited April 20th, 2011 by Platinum Lucario.
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

I just noticed a spelling mistake when it says "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): The value at $5A1478 is not a Pointer! Please contakt [email protected]".

Also... is it just me, or doesn't AdvanceMap allow changing the names of maps anymore? I'm guessing this is a little bug in the program, which obviously means you might have a missing command script on the change map name area. Allow me to show you! ;)

And there ya go, now you see what I mean about that.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I have also noticed some oddities with Route 118 in R/S/E. When I looked at the music in the map options part, it's value was $7FFFF. And if you play the game normally, the Route Theme 2 changes to Route Theme 6 by the time you surf across to the other side of the ocean. So there must be some line between the sides on Route 118, further research needs to be done on this matter, because this might also have something to do with the world map as well.

Edit 2: And I'm also looking forward to seeing the tile and door animation editor in AdvanceMap as well. I did find a bug in the beta version of the tile animation editor, it wouldn't accept the changes when I removed an animation and clicked Apply changes, it just came back again as soon as I clicked Load Animations, even when I clicked Save Animations, it did not apply the changes, it was just almost as if nothing happened. If I removed all the animations in the tileset, it just greyed out most of the buttons except for Load Rom and Load Animations. So I cannot be able to save it if all the animations are removed on the tileset or if there isn't any. And that is one problem that needs to be fixed in the Tile Animation Editor.

Edit 3: Another bug report in AdvanceMap 1.95! Pokémon LeafGreen [BPG] has the SuchBeginn at $6B00000 instead of $6B0000 in the AdvanceMap.ini file. It should have 4 zeros instead of 5. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old April 21st, 2011 (10:38 AM).
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Woah!
I've only opened it and I'm dying of Shock!!
Good Work Lu-Ho Good Work
Old April 21st, 2011 (04:19 PM).
GlaceonX
-Glomps- Hii everybody

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GlaceonX Send a message via Skype™ to GlaceonX
Yaaaay, A-Map 1.95 I'll be sure to test thoroughly so I can report some buuugz /squish :DD Thanks Lu-Ho this is beast! A month too late tho x3
MSI Radeon HD 4350 512mb DDR2 OC 750mhz and ATI Radeon HD 4200 (Hybrid Crossfire)
2GB Kingstone Hyper X 1066mhz Dual-Channel
Samsung 500gb 7200rpm, Samsung 7200rpm 80gb SATA HDD Western Digital WD120 120gb I believe at 5400rpm
ATX 700w PSU (I picked it up in a fleamarket for 30$ xD)
Asus heatsink, Asus fan 4500rpm
Windows 8 M3 Build 7989 64bit

(Laptops)
Toshiba Sattelite L655D
AMD Phenom II X4 Mobile 1.8ghz
4gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 4250
Windows 7 Arc Gamer

Acer Aspire One
AMD Fusion Dual core 1.0ghz
2gb Ram
ATI Radeon HD 6250
Windows 7 Ultimate
Old April 21st, 2011 (10:36 PM).
gamesharkhacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
That's already in this beta, if you look at the connections tool, I think. It shows a preview of the connected map in the tool already.
Oh yeah, i downloaded and i see. he he

But it doesn't show the second or third etc. map that is joined as well. It only shows one connceted map.

Pokemon Morganite
Old April 22nd, 2011 (06:48 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Oh yeah, i downloaded and i see. he he :)

But it doesn't show the second or third etc. map that is joined as well. It only shows one connceted map.
Change the direction of the connection. It only show's one at a time [presumably to avoid overloading if the map is connected to 4 other large maps.]
Old April 22nd, 2011 (04:29 PM).
gamesharkhacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Change the direction of the connection. It only show's one at a time [presumably to avoid overloading if the map is connected to 4 other large maps.]
Yeah, i know but i need to be able to connect two maps at once on one side, like, versions before 1.95 could do it. he he, maybe this may be integrated later.

Pokemon Morganite
Old April 23rd, 2011 (06:48 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2011 by PembrokeWelshCorgi.
PembrokeWelshCorgi

I searched this problem extensively before I posted, and I'm also new to mapping, so excuse me if there's a simple solution to the problem that doesn't relate to the new 1.95 beta.

Whenever I create a new map and give it its own name, the name changes to the default Pallet Town, or whatever map I copied from. But I want to create a new map, with a new name and no connections to any other map. This problem persists no matter where I am when I create the map.
Old April 23rd, 2011 (07:46 PM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
How do you make the World Map Editor button active, or is that something you haven't fully programmed yet? Or does it not work with Ruby?
Old April 25th, 2011 (07:09 AM).
camo221
Beginning Trainer

How does the Insert new Tilesets featurew work. Also if I want to export the tile from one game and add it into another game how do I do that?
Old April 25th, 2011 (09:14 AM).
givemeyourlemmings
Hacking....

Nature: Relaxed
^What they said. Also, whenever I open a ROM it says backup failed. Not a big problem, but pointing it out.

PLEEEEASE add an undo and/or redo button!
Old April 25th, 2011 (01:54 PM).
camo221
Beginning Trainer

Also the free space finder doesn't work. It keep saying that the offset size is too small (NOTE: I use XSE). PLEASE FIX ASAP!
Old April 27th, 2011 (04:14 PM).
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Nurse Barbra to the rescue~

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo221 View Post
Also the free space finder doesn't work. It keep saying that the offset size is too small (NOTE: I use XSE). PLEASE FIX ASAP!
Could you please Elaborate on this problem, If its an actual problem with XSE, you should go complain to hackmew, If its A-maps FSF, then use Hackmews, Instead of demanding for a fix from just one source, try looking to alternatives, could save the world some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeyourlemmings View Post
^What they said. Also, whenever I open a ROM it says backup failed. Not a big problem, but pointing it out.

PLEEEEASE add an undo and/or redo button!
The backup failing is a common problem, Just simply save the save the rom in an alternate folder or under a different name after saving in the main, this is the same as A-Map creating a backup. Also, An undo/redo button would just be pointless, As if you make a mistake, while it may be PAINSTAKING, it isn't the end of the world (unless you mess up the space taken up in the rom and SEVERLY break something, But this is what backups are for~)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo221 View Post
How does the Insert new Tilesets featurew work. Also if I want to export the tile from one game and add it into another game how do I do that?
The Tutorials on Tile insertion are your best friend:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
How do you make the World Map Editor button active, or is that something you haven't fully programmed yet? Or does it not work with Ruby?
Lu-oh has already stated that the entire World map editor needs to be rewritten from scratch. From the first post:
Quote:
not yet build in:
- The Worldmap Editor is not yet compatible with new AdvanceMap, I have to do major changes on it until it's compatible again.
Quote:
Yeah, i know but i need to be able to connect two maps at once on one side, like, versions before 1.95 could do it. he he, maybe this may be integrated later.
You can already, All you need to do is to change the first connection (0) to the left and set it. Then set your second connection (1) to the left and set it. Easy! ...Right?
Old April 28th, 2011 (11:58 AM).
Link2999
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
No mac support yet :( I hate going into Bootcamp just to use this. Other than that, it's looking good. Keep up the good work ^_^
Old April 28th, 2011 (12:38 PM).
Frozen2Dream
Unknown

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Frozen2Dream Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frozen2Dream
I don't know if this was intended for some reason or if its one of the bugs from AM being unfinished, but..

I can't see warps, script, or Signpost positions to move them.

The Red Circle is where the warp is, but I cant click it or move it around. I must select it with the right menu. I assume I can move it by changing the position values, but it would be a tad bit easier if I could just click and drag like I used to.
Like I said, scripts and signposts act the same as well.

Im on Windows7 if it matters.

Edit: I am apparently not allowed to post URLs..
The image is here:
img849.imageshack.us/img849/6093/warpbug.png
Old April 28th, 2011 (03:14 PM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen2Dream View Post
I don't know if this was intended for some reason or if its one of the bugs from AM being unfinished, but..

I can't see warps, script, or Signpost positions to move them.

The Red Circle is where the warp is, but I cant click it or move it around. I must select it with the right menu. I assume I can move it by changing the position values, but it would be a tad bit easier if I could just click and drag like I used to.
Like I said, scripts and signposts act the same as well.

Im on Windows7 if it matters.

Edit: I am apparently not allowed to post URLs..
The image is here:
img849.imageshack.us/img849/6093/warpbug.png
That's because you must have it set up to show sprites. Click the picture of the Emerald hero to turn show sprites off. Then you'll see the other events.
Old April 29th, 2011 (02:32 AM).
pokemon996
Beginning Trainer

hi im new here i have used advance map just for a muck around but im wondering dose this now support ds games such as dimond?
Old April 29th, 2011 (02:41 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon996 View Post
hi im new here i have used advance map just for a muck around but im wondering dose this now support ds games such as dimond?
It's called Advance Map for a reason - only works for the GBA games such as Firered, Leafgreen, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. This tool will never be for Diamond.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills