The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:08 AM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
That's because you must have it set up to show sprites. Click the picture of the Emerald hero to turn show sprites off. Then you'll see the other events.
Or You can also go to "Settings" -> "Events" and make sure "Hide other events" is off so you see all the events including the actual sprites and the warps~
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Frozen2Dream
Unknown

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Frozen2Dream Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frozen2Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Or You can also go to "Settings" -> "Events" and make sure "Hide other events" is off so you see all the events including the actual sprites and the warps~
That works perfectly. Thanks.
Odd that it is on by default.

Last edited by Frozen2Dream; April 29th, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:24 AM
moudinho
Moudinho Of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Hello,im sorry but im clueless in adding new tilesets.There is indeed a new function to add tilesets,Ive read a tutorial for the previous version 1.92,but im still clueless.Some help would do fine.=D
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM
beary605
Beginning Trainer

Is there a way to turn the automatically made backups into .rom files?

Oh, whoops, did it again with the \e.

PKSV rocks!
AdvanceMap > EliteMap
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
ggctuk

Yes: edit the file name and change .bak into .gba. It's the same format.
Old May 12th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I open up palettes in Advanced Map? I know, I'm a noob at this. But I don't know how to do this.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:49 PM
astigz_23
Beginning Trainer

Can't wait for the final release! I don't want to try the beta because it will just destroy my rom, so I'm waiting for the release!!!

=======================================

FC:
Pokemon White : 1635 8946 7926
Nintendo 3DS : 0259 0882 0501
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Zeikaro
Beginning Trainer

first of all let me congratulate you for a wonderful tool without my hack would be nothing, really have not had time to test the new beta enough to talk about mistakes, I would like to propose you the idea of enlarging the space for 8x8 das tiles fit as it is too fatidioso go into small blocks so you can map tiles faster and be equally fit faster, save time and better distribution.

sorry about the grammar used the google translator
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:37 PM
bcrobert
Lazy Antagonist

Nature: Quirky
I'm scared to try the beta, since Emerald's tricky enough already, but I am REALLY looking forward to the final release. The 7-digit support alone makes my mouth water with anticipation!
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:16 AM
LU-HO
Author of AdvanceMap

Send a message via ICQ to LU-HO
If you make often backups, there should nothing "happen". (or you use the backup if so)

It's finally here, AdvanceMap 1.95 (Open Beta).
get it: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta
Questions about AdvanceMap, found bugs, problems on using it? => contact me.

All versiones of Advance Map are available on ampage.no-ip.info.
The newest version of AdvanceMap is AM 1.95 get it.

Greetz goes to:
Mastermind_X, Tutti, Scizz, Darkmaster01, Tauwasser, F-Zero, Jiggly, Filb, Lugia2000, Mulle, Philb, Jay, TraX, Spacy, Mikaron, Coolman, CrazyNebulak, Arty und Serwe.

Old May 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

I'm getting random EFCreateErrors a lot, including some which prohibit me from even starting AdvanceMap and from making backups as well. It's annoying and I wish you could fix those problems.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:49 AM
ruup20
Gonna splash everybody!

Maybe you could make it compatable with GIMP or Infranview palettes?

I really need a advanced scripter for my hack and a good storyline-guy,
Thank you.
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
ggctuk

It'd be good if we could increase the size of a blockset and to add more palettes, but I do not know if this is possible to do. Aside from that, so far so good, and I look forward to the final release.
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:13 PM
LU-HO
Author of AdvanceMap

Send a message via ICQ to LU-HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
I'm getting random EFCreateErrors a lot, including some which prohibit me from even starting AdvanceMap and from making backups as well. It's annoying and I wish you could fix those problems.
Can you send me some of the errorStack files in the ErrorLog-Directory, so i can find out where the error occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruup20 View Post
Maybe you could make it compatable with GIMP or Infranview palettes?
Can you send me the Description / Structure of the Palettefiles? Than I will try to implement them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
It'd be good if we could increase the size of a blockset and to add more palettes, but I do not know if this is possible to do. Aside from that, so far so good, and I look forward to the final release.
The amount of Blocks each Tileset, and palettes each Tileset can not be changed, they are limited in the data structure/Byte size of the corresponding elements.

But you can insert complete new Tilesets with new Tileset numbers (->new Tileset option in BlockEditor)

It's finally here, AdvanceMap 1.95 (Open Beta).
get it: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta
Questions about AdvanceMap, found bugs, problems on using it? => contact me.

All versiones of Advance Map are available on ampage.no-ip.info.
The newest version of AdvanceMap is AM 1.95 get it.

Greetz goes to:
Mastermind_X, Tutti, Scizz, Darkmaster01, Tauwasser, F-Zero, Jiggly, Filb, Lugia2000, Mulle, Philb, Jay, TraX, Spacy, Mikaron, Coolman, CrazyNebulak, Arty und Serwe.

Old May 19th, 2011, 10:59 PM
AlexMason
Beginning Trainer

Not sure if this is a bug but its frusterating:

ROM: FIRERED(Clean no hacks)
PROBLEM:
When you go to change a maps name in the header while the "Sort by map name" sorting is used. When you click change name it changes all the maps within the same folder to that name regardless of map bank and number. For example:

Before:
-+From Header
--+PALLET TOWN
---+PALLET TOWN (3.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.1)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.2)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.3)
---+PALLET TOWN (43.0) (The one im going to change)

After:
-+From Header
--+RHOADWAG TOWN
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (3.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.1)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.2)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.3)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (43.0) (The only one i changed)
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Meta Paradox
Researching FireRed...

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMason View Post
Not sure if this is a bug but its frusterating:

ROM: FIRERED(Clean no hacks)
PROBLEM:
When you go to change a maps name in the header while the "Sort by map name" sorting is used. When you click change name it changes all the maps within the same folder to that name regardless of map bank and number. For example:

Before:
-+From Header
--+PALLET TOWN
---+PALLET TOWN (3.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.1)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.2)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.3)
---+PALLET TOWN (43.0) (The one im going to change)

After:
-+From Header
--+RHOADWAG TOWN
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (3.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.1)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.2)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.3)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (43.0) (The only one i changed)
It goes that way because it's in the same group. If you want to create a RHOADWAG TOWN, you might wanna change one of the map groups you ARE NOT going to use. Try messing with SEVII ISLEs 6 to 9. 6 and 7 don't have map data but 8 and 9 do. Edit them maps and create your town. Hope I helped. :D
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
AlexMason
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Paradox View Post
It goes that way because it's in the same group. If you want to create a RHOADWAG TOWN, you might wanna change one of the map groups you ARE NOT going to use. Try messing with SEVII ISLEs 6 to 9. 6 and 7 don't have map data but 8 and 9 do. Edit them maps and create your town. Hope I helped. :D
Ok thanks, maybe a future version will have a context menu like create map group, or something.
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:51 AM
ruup20
Gonna splash everybody!

I mean that if i import an infranview .PAL file, the colors go very dark. And did you mean i just send a .Pal file?
Attached Files
File Type: rar Voorbeeld.rar‎ (226 Bytes, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I really need a advanced scripter for my hack and a good storyline-guy,
Thank you.
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:33 PM
bcrobert
Lazy Antagonist

Lu-Ho, I almost forgot about something that you may want to address in this update (if you haven't already).

A-Map starts free space searches at 6B0000, right? Emerald's true free space, according to an R&D thread on the site, should start around E3CF64. This can be mostly solved by changing the "suchbyte" and "suchbeginn" settings in the .ini file, but it seems that A-Map still uses its default search values when creating new map banks. This could potentially cause sound corruption.

In 1.95 you could either change the search values or make it so that A-Map is unable to use its default settings once the user has set new settings in the .ini. Whichever is easiest. Again, this is really only a problem for Emerald hackers. But since it should be easy to fix, I thought you might want to look into it if you haven't yet.

Click here to see the thread about sound corruption in Pokemon Emerald.
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:44 PM
DarkRedXIII
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Mild
Just wanted to stop off and say what a wonderful Tool you have here. I haven't been around the block long, nor have I used any other program's, but yours by reputation seems to be the best, and so far I like.

If it hasn't already been discussed though, personally I think an easier way to Swap Tile sets would be a nice new thing. As well, deleting map's completely, i.e. my Rom Hack doesn't need Viridian Forest in FR, and while I know I can re-purpose that map / header, It'd be nice if I could just delete it all together instead of having to go through connections and events.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion is all. It still is a great program though, thank you.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrobert View Post
In 1.95 you could either change the search values or make it so that A-Map is unable to use its default settings once the user has set new settings in the .ini. Whichever is easiest. Again, this is really only a problem for Emerald hackers. But since it should be easy to fix, I thought you might want to look into it if you haven't yet.
Personally a way I could see to combat this problem is have it auto detect which Pokemon game you are hacking / modding, and change a list of options that are different from each version OR when it load's up, have it ask you to make a selection of what Pokemon game you are going to be modding / hacking. It might be a simplistic point of view, and I am not a programmer, but I have seen user made programs do the same job for two different games. The program was for mass mod loading, but it's essentially the same thing, switching between game's to meet each ones differences.

Last edited by DarkRedXIII; May 29th, 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
How's the progress going with the new AdvanceMap, Lu-Ho? I'm sure am looking forward to the newer bug-fixed version of AdvanceMap.

The longer the better, I guess. xD

However, the problem with the map names not being able to be changed on an Emerald ROM really does need to be fixed, otherwise no one will be able to change the name of a map.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
Lu-Ho, I need to know some stuff about 1.95.

1. Will it be easier to edit events?
2. Can you change all aspects of a map in each time and season?
3. PLEASE can you add the option for more Wild Pokemon types?
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Paupir
Dreamer

Nature: Naughty
It would be nice if you could see the Up/Down block data without opening the Block Editor. For example, you might put it next to the Border block above the actual tileset.
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Tranitar
Working on Pokémon Wraith

Nature: Calm
Okay I fell like a noob for asking this but...
For clicking the "Open Script" Button in events, and it says "No script editor defined" how do I connect Advanced Map with some script editor so that I wont be confuzzed anymore?
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:42 AM
itari
悪魔の妹
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranitar View Post
Okay I fell like a noob for asking this but...
For clicking the "Open Script" Button in events, and it says "No script editor defined" how do I connect Advanced Map with some script editor so that I wont be confuzzed anymore?
On the menu, go to Settings>Choose script editor. When you've chosen it, it will ask a yes or no question. XSE can be either, PKSV is no.

SubscriptAdvanced SongType Effectiveness EditorTilemap CreatorPython IPS Patcher
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links