Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Suggestion: Separate Guides and Reviews from LP section

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old 1 Day Ago (02:56 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
In the Video Game section of the forum there's a child forum called "Guides, Reviews, and Let's Plays". Here, people can make the aforementioned...but the problem is, guides and reviews are rarely posted, and when they are, they're quickly sent to the depths of the forum after being overtaken by the waves of Let's Plays.

As such, I propose that Guides and Reviews be moved out and the child forum become exclusively for Let's Plays. The former two just don't seem to fit and they don't have a crowd there. What's more, some of the VG section doesn't even venture into said child forum so they'll just never be seen, except maybe passively by someone looking to watch some LPs. Really, due to their sparse nature, I can see Guides and Reviews being right at home in the main Video Games forum.
Old 1 Day Ago (05:16 PM).
get inked
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
So just take out the "guides and reviews" from the name of the subforum? Makes sense to me.
Old 1 Day Ago (07:26 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Alli:
So just take out the "guides and reviews" from the name of the subforum? Makes sense to me.
Yeah, basically. I was going to propose having the "Review" and "Guide" thread tags added to the main VG forum, as well, but apparently it doesn't allow for user tags anymore.

Similarly, I was going to say that it might be a good idea to move existing reviews and guides there, but that might be too much work, I'd imagine.
Old 1 Day Ago (07:33 PM).
get inked
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
I think the existing guides and reviews are like...pretty old so there wouldn't be much reason for it. I didn't see any recent ones when I looked through earlier. You'll get better feedback when Azazel and Klippy get to this thread tbh, since they mod that area. :)
Old 1 Day Ago (08:04 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I know I don't look around there a lot but guides and reviews in my opinion could get buried among all the other active topics in the main Video Games section anyway. I'd say it'd be best to leave the section as it is for now, because activity is quite dead as far as I'm aware and taking away from it could do more harm than good.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs
adoption center mentor | fairy club | #teamtrivia

Old 1 Day Ago (08:22 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:
I know I don't look around there a lot but guides and reviews in my opinion could get buried among all the other active topics in the main Video Games section anyway. I'd say it'd be best to leave the section as it is for now, because activity is quite dead as far as I'm aware and taking away from it could do more harm than good.
I don't really think that'd be an issue, though. People don't really expect reviews and guides so they don't go into the child forum looking for them, and the VG Forum crowds and the LP forum crowds are generally different people.

The problem here is that those that roam the LP go there looking for LPs, and as a result, reviews and Guides get ignored. What's more, at the rate that LPs are created and cycled, reviews and guides get crushed at a pretty unfavorable rate, and because people don't comment, they just get left behind. In the VG forum, though, people don't really go there looking for a specific thing. And, contrasting with the LP forum, the VG threads are posted less often as they're for discussion, and because of this reviews and guides stand a fighting chance since they, too, aren't posted on excess. It's a nice balance, I'd say.
Old 17 Hours Ago (03:59 PM).
waitin' for the fog to roll out
Super Moderator
CS

I've been of the mind to completely get rid of the entire subforum. It's not very active and I made a few attempts to rectify it (though my own efforts could be considered bare), hence why Necrum was modded there as he can give it a bit more TLC than I could these days or ever probably. I've given him free reigns of the subforum and any changes/moves he wants to make in the area (aside from things that need h-staff approval) are open for him to try. I'd love to see him get the area active, so I'll defer to his thoughts on this one.

As to the real topic, reviews and guides have no place in the main board. They're also not posted nearly enough to matter in LPGR, so I'd be cool with just dropping them completely from the section. Once again though, deferring to Necrum's thoughts as he runs the area.

SAN FRANCISCO
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links