The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Symbiosis
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hey i just donated 100 dollars via paypal, how do i go about getting my tier 5 thing? I have the recipt and everything.

Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

☆Current Pre Ordered Games: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition-PS4-11/3/2014-$119.99 | WWE 2K15 Hukkamania Edition-PS4-11/18/2014-$99.99 | GTA V-PS4-11/18/2014-$59.99 | Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Pokemon Omega Ruby-Nintendo 3DS-11/21/2014-$39.99 Each | Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition-PS4-3/31/2015 - $69.99

Old July 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Rukario

Nature: Adamant
send me a PM with the email address you used to make it

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old July 12th, 2013, 06:56 AM
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

thanks.
I haven't got an update yet, but I will have one eventually, so I needed the info
My deviantart. contains all of my screenshots. EVER.
For your convenience. download my (beta) demo.
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I just wanted to post on a thread, and a captcha popped up.
This is the first time this has happened to me, is it going to be a standard from
now on when posting on PC? Thanks for any replies
Attached Images
File Type: png Unbenannt.png‎ (39.5 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:25 PM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I just wanted to post on a thread, and a captcha popped up.
This is the first time this has happened to me, is it going to be a standard from
now on when posting on PC? Thanks for any replies
This has happened before and I don't think it's much to worry about cause it only happens every now and then. It happened to me once and I was told that it only happens occasionally. Shouldn't be a regular thing that happens alot.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Thanks for the quick reply AW!! (:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
I am just wondering, I have been reading the forums and seen "Skype group chat" for PC. Is that like a big chat room for the members here? If so how can I join in?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old July 18th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
It's probably referring to the Skype chat from Get Together, which is over. I think you'll just have to wait till the next one, unfortunately.

Play the game to change the game
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Yeah the GT Skype chat 2013 is unfortunately over now. Better luck next year though, since it's yearly.

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

Hello, I've seen that there are sound tags as in [sound=title]url[/sound] and I was wondering how exactly to get a song's url, cause I'm pretty much clueless on that one :o I also hope counts as a community question thingy and stuff :$

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
Hello, I've seen that there are sound tags as in [sound=title]url[/sound] and I was wondering how exactly to get a song's url, cause I'm pretty much clueless on that one :o I also hope counts as a community question thingy and stuff :$
You need to upload the sound file to a file hosting site and then use the .mp3 link that it generates :)
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

When is autoplay gonna be turned off as default for profiles? >_> Having music unexpectedly blast into my ear like an ad every time I go to visit someone's page is getting annoying.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

That's against the rules so if you go to anyone's profile and music is playing, you can report it.

Not an instant fix (which admittedly I feel wouldn't be that hard) but at least something can be done. :/

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
That's against the rules so if you go to anyone's profile and music is playing, you can report it.

Not an instant fix (which admittedly I feel wouldn't be that hard) but at least something can be done. :/
It's likely not on PC's end and is probably on Youtube's end, because it's doing this on everyone's profile with a Youtube video attached to it, and I doubt that every single member with a Youtube video on their profile would intentionally set the video to autoplay..
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
BUKKØW

Nature: Brave
how do you add a clickable/scrollable fc into signature? a fc thats only viewable by scrolling over it

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Title tags! For example, this text: '[title="FC GOES HERE"]Text that you scroll over goes here.[/title]' becomes...

Text that you scroll over goes here. (scroll over it!)

Hope that helps - feel free to say if you need help using them! :)
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
It's likely not on PC's end and is probably on Youtube's end, because it's doing this on everyone's profile with a Youtube video attached to it, and I doubt that every single member with a Youtube video on their profile would intentionally set the video to autoplay..
Ah, you're right, it's not on purpose...

The only way to control whether or not a video autoplays is in the URL of the embed code and PC doesn't take the full URL (I hadn't checked and thought it did); the profile field doesn't give enough characters to autoplay the video even if someone tried it. I think Youtube recently changed its embed code (although it still allows the old one so I don't know why that would break it) so I think the problem would be fixed pretty easily by adapting the plugin to the new format. The problem can't be on Youtube's end because I don't get autoplaying anywhere else on the internet. :/ (And also it doesn't autoplay when you input pretty much the same data into the [youtube] tags so something must've messed up in the plugin instead, I guess. :s)

tumblrtwitter

Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
BUKKØW

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Title tags! For example, this text: '[title="FC GOES HERE"]Text that you scroll over goes here.[/title]' becomes...

Text that you scroll over goes here. (scroll over it!)

Hope that helps - feel free to say if you need help using them!
Thanks I was able to do this. I would like to have that inserted into the photo instead of underneath it. Do you know how to do this?

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottooldforthis View Post
Thanks I was able to do this. I would like to have that inserted into the photo instead of underneath it. Do you know how to do this?
[CENTER][title="Black FC: 955-8507-6985"][img]http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic356046_11.gif[/img][/title][/CENTER]

Copy and paste that into your signature. It'll show your FC when you hover over the image. :]
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Ah, you're right, it's not on purpose...

The only way to control whether or not a video autoplays is in the URL of the embed code and PC doesn't take the full URL (I hadn't checked and thought it did); the profile field doesn't give enough characters to autoplay the video even if someone tried it. I think Youtube recently changed its embed code (although it still allows the old one so I don't know why that would break it) so I think the problem would be fixed pretty easily by adapting the plugin to the new format. The problem can't be on Youtube's end because I don't get autoplaying anywhere else on the internet. :/ (And also it doesn't autoplay when you input pretty much the same data into the [youtube] tags so something must've messed up in the plugin instead, I guess. :s)
Is there a way we can update the plugin to reflect the changes on youtube so that it doesn't play?
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Is there a way we can update the plugin to reflect the changes on youtube so that it doesn't play?
I imagine it wouldn't be hard. Any admin (which I think is all of them?) with the ability to edit plugins would probably be able to change the base code it draws the HTML from. At worst it's part of themes instead.

tumblrtwitter

Old July 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
The admins are looking into it. Best case scenario, it will be fixed in the coming week or so, but no promises.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old July 24th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Arlo

Not a question, but a suggestion, and I see no sign of a "quick suggestions" thread....

I think that you really need to either ease off on locking any thread that's bumped after a month OR simply (automatically if possible, I guess) delete any thread with a month or more of inactivity. It makes no sense at all to leave the threads there, then leap out and lock them if and only if somebody dares to post on one.

Personally, I think it makes no sense to lock them at all, but if you're going to insist that nobody be allowed to post on them, then there's really no reason for them to even be here.

Thanks...
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Not a question, but a suggestion, and I see no sign of a "quick suggestions" thread....

I think that you really need to either ease off on locking any thread that's bumped after a month OR simply (automatically if possible, I guess) delete any thread with a month or more of inactivity. It makes no sense at all to leave the threads there, then leap out and lock them if and only if somebody dares to post on one.

Personally, I think it makes no sense to lock them at all, but if you're going to insist that nobody be allowed to post on them, then there's really no reason for them to even be here.

Thanks...
Locked threads can still be read over so they're quite useful to still have on display to be accessed once closed. They're great for finding old information, opinions, etc, and just useful to have as resources in general. As for threads being closed after a month of no activity, that rule is generally in place because once past that limit, a thread has reached the end of its discussion and there's no more to be added at the current time. Some sections do this a little differently, but that's the general reason. If you feel like one month is too short or you'd like to propose an alternative to this method, please don't hesitate to make a thread about it in the Feedback section and we'll happily discuss it. :)
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post

Thanks...
Like Ozzy said, they are indeed good for reference, but I'm sure most staff members won't really remember or find it worthwhile to look through all threads that have passed the 30-day mark and lock them to ensure no one posts. It's simply too time-consuming a task. However, I will agree with finding alternatives to locking threads, as some boards do get a bit cluttered with closed topics that can (sometimes) make up almost half of the active topics for that 30-day period. I personally wouldn't mind increasing the limit to a generous two months, though of course I'm only speaking on my own behalf.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links