Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triss View Post
Where do I go to offer/request pokemon. As in like "I have this pokemon, and I want this or that for this"/"I want that pokemon and will give these for that"

I'd guess you'd put it in a general discussion area, but I don't see too much of a reason to not put it in a group with fangames and such, you're sharing it, and it's not like, illegal because you're not affiliated, you're just advertising for a person you don't know and giving other people something you like so they can like it too
Go on ahead and check out the Trade Corner, specifically the Quick Trade Thread for X and Y or the Quick Trade Thread for Generations IV and V.

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
This is a question that i'm sure has been asked by people other than me, but why is the forum always crashing every other time I try to access it? Is it because of excess capability with people being online? Again, i'm probably not alone in wondering this, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea. Thanks!
Owner of the Wedlocke Challenge thread and Anime Style Challenge thread
3DS Friend Code: 0619 4289 2312
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novachief37 View Post
This is a question that i'm sure has been asked by people other than me, but why is the forum always crashing every other time I try to access it? Is it because of excess capability with people being online? Again, i'm probably not alone in wondering this, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea. Thanks!
It's not just you, but rather everyone who tries to access the site. When this happens, it usually means that there's a large spike in traffic to the site. The best thing to do though in situations like this is to just wait it out instead of refresh constantly, since refreshing constantly can actually cause the server to be hung up for longer periods of time.

Happy Halloween!
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:18 AM
iTorchwoodi
Waiting for the right Doctor

Nature: Modest
So i just spent two hours making myself a shop in the trade forum. (It had a picture URL for the top of the page intro)
A message telling me that i had to wait for a moderator to approve before it becomes visible appeared. All well and good every site has it's securities.
I was just hoping by asking about it here the time it takes for approval would reduce as im sure i read somewere about someone posting and it had been weeks and the thread had not shown.
So i'm asking whats the general wait time and how active are the moderators?
I really do hope i have not made that thread without avail.

Any help and information would be appreciated any feedback from a Mod themselves would be highly appreciated
My FC: 1349 5432 6490
My X/Y Shop! The Torchwood Institute
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTorchwoodi View Post
So i just spent two hours making myself a shop in the trade forum. (It had a picture URL for the top of the page intro)
A message telling me that i had to wait for a moderator to approve before it becomes visible appeared. All well and good every site has it's securities.
I was just hoping by asking about it here the time it takes for approval would reduce as im sure i read somewere about someone posting and it had been weeks and the thread had not shown.
So i'm asking whats the general wait time and how active are the moderators?
I really do hope i have not made that thread without avail.

Any help and information would be appreciated any feedback from a Mod themselves would be highly appreciated
Though I'm not the moderator of the Trade Corner, all I can just say is that you need to be patient, and don't come posting here if you just submitted it. If you don't see your thread in 24 hours or so, then contact either Mac or tabor62 about why your thread may not be approved. They will see your thread, so there isn't a need to post in here immediately after making the thread and sending it to moderation cue. Same with other sections that require thread approval.

Happy Halloween!
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
iTorchwoodi
Waiting for the right Doctor

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Though I'm not the moderator of the Trade Corner, all I can just say is that you need to be patient, and don't come posting here if you just submitted it. If you don't see your thread in 24 hours or so, then contact either Mac or tabor62 about why your thread may not be approved. They will see your thread, so there isn't a need to post in here immediately after making the thread and sending it to moderation cue. Same with other sections that require thread approval.
I apologize.
The message that followed my posting of the thread came as a little surprise so i wanted an answer to my worries as soon as.
Ill give it 2 days and see what happens.
Thanks for the quick response!
My FC: 1349 5432 6490
My X/Y Shop! The Torchwood Institute
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hackbird64

I've seen some people have animated pictures of pokemon in their posts, when displaying teams etc. How do I do this?
Black Friend Code: 0262 2404 2412
Platinum Monocolor Challenge in Progress:

Old October 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackbird64 View Post
I've seen some people have animated pictures of pokemon in their posts, when displaying teams etc. How do I do this?
You would have to wrap [IMG] tags around the link to the animated image. However, you cannot post links in posts until you have reached 15 posts, but that's a small, easy-to-tackle goal that you can reach in just a few minutes!

As a note when you reach that amount, to get the animated version of this link, you'd wrap it in [IMG][/IMG] tags, like so:

[IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar434515_1.gif[/img]

so it would show up like this:

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
You mean sprites? You'll need 15 posts before you can post URLs (which an image counts as such) and then you should be good. Just put the URL between the image tags, which are [IMG*]URL here[/IMG] but without the asterisk.

paired to crono
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Hackbird64

Thank you, I thought there might have been a tag made by the site, like a smiley or something. I'll have to start posting more frequently then...

Thanks,
Black Friend Code: 0262 2404 2412
Platinum Monocolor Challenge in Progress:

Old October 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Ig Pokemon Lover
The Mighty Scizor

Nature: Serious
Is there a way to change our username to another?
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ig Pokemon Lover View Post
Is there a way to change our username to another?
Unfortunately right now there is not. The only way to get a change of identity is to create an entirely new account! I'm sorry about that. :/

Old November 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mewpika

Hi, sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you could help me if you know anything about Pokemon Roms. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewpika View Post
Hi, sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you could help me if you know anything about Pokemon Roms. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.
Hello there

Yes, you will need to unzip your files before running them. Some ROMs have issues with the in-game save - there is an alternative though! If you click the 'file' menu of VBA you should see a command something along the line of 'save state'. If you save the state, then you can 'load state' next time you want to play at the exact same point (you can even bypass the menu/opening scene).

Hope this helps. If you need more help then you should ask in the Emulation and Hacking forum - the simple questions thread is your best bet.
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:41 PM
LuxrayHacker

Nature: Mild
I have a rom hack beta up to the second gym done and my team and I want to post it how do we do this? Also anyone with good scripting and good event skills pm me if you want to help I will tell you what it's about
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Check out the Emulation and ROM Hacking forums for an idea where to go, or even to help find someone to help you with scripting. If you're really unsure, ask DrFuji or giradialkia for some additional help.
Old November 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM
幕之内 一歩
All Day Baby! All Day!!

Nature: Relaxed
Not sure how to post a video in my profile. I had one years ago before I came back but it's been deleted and I'm trying to add a new one the same way but it doesn't seem to be working.

The video link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOk3CpSaKs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Laugh, and world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 幕之内 一歩 View Post
Not sure how to post a video in my profile. I had one years ago before I came back but it's been deleted and I'm trying to add a new one the same way but it doesn't seem to be working.

The video link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOk3CpSaKs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Heyooo

When you add a Youtube link to the field on your profile, you want to make sure only the end portion is inserted, which in your case would be MOOk3CpSaKs, so it looks like so:

I hope that helps!

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:47 PM
幕之内 一歩
All Day Baby! All Day!!

Nature: Relaxed
Worked like a champ. Thanks very much!
Laugh, and world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
AngelicSpirit

Uhhh... Nooby question alert.

...How do I upload a sig picture? I tried earlier, but it's not working. Could anyone help me? :/

Edit: it worked, but it's a GIF and is supposed to move, but it isn't moving.

Either that or I'm going insane.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive
Save an image to your computer, upload it to a hosting site on the internet (such as tinypic.com or photobucket.com) and use the image's url inside a [IMG] tag when editing your signature. The button for that looks like this A gif should work too and move. This works much better than "uploading" a picture to PC imo.

If this was what you meant?

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:32 PM
AngelicSpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
Save an image to your computer, upload it to a hosting site on the internet (such as tinypic or photobucket) and use the image's url inside a [IMG] tag when editing your signature. The button for that looks like this. A gif should work too and move. This works much better than "uploading" a picture to PC imo.

If this was what you meant?
Omg thank you! The mods here are so kind, I'd be lost without them. I'm really grateful for your help! ^w^

If you're wondering why I cut out the little picture icon, the system wouldn't let me post because it was a url. Thanks again!
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Warrior_Princess

I'm not sure if i can or not but i would like to ask about the value of a pocket monsters card to see if it has any value. Where would i post that?
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior_Princess View Post
I'm not sure if i can or not but i would like to ask about the value of a pocket monsters card to see if it has any value. Where would i post that?
If you want to ask how much your Pokemon card would be worth then yes, that's doable here! Just check out the "How much is my card worth?" thread in the Pokemon TCG board. Good luck! :)

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Hi. I'm just wondering. how to change your thread title?
Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.

My Alpha Sapphire Team:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here