Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
jimmefoxx
Beatlemaniac Jimme

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to jimmefoxx

Advertise here
ON THE POKEMON WIFI WHEN I KILL YOU, DONT FREAKING BATTLE ONLINE IF YOUR NOT GONNA TAKE A LOSS...IWANNA RANT MORE BUT I KNOW BETTER...how many of you rage quit because your going to lose?
add me on n3ds my friendcode is 5026-5858-4600
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I will admit that it's very annoying...I know for a fact I've had 14 battles, and yet 3 show up, all with loses.

The rest I won.
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I'm going to go ahead and move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central where you can discuss what you think about the rage quits people go through in all games, since this isn't really Black and White specific.

I do however find it immature when people disconnect when they are at loss in a battle. The luck in a battle and the winning person at the moment of it can change very quickly, so it's always best to see what happens in the end. That's what makes the match better imo, but others like to lead the winning progress. It's unfortunate that they would disconnect if they are not however. :\

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
lmao my friend used to disconnect the cord back in the GBA days. And my sister would run. :/ It's really annoying. I can't help that I'm better than them. -hair flip-

paired to crono
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Flegmon Van Lahmus
That guy

Nature: Relaxed
I have not battled online yet, as I still haven't beaten white and my A team is sitting in another game. But I shake my head in shame at the rage quitters.
Win! but if you must lose, then lose with dignity and grace! Your greatest victory means nothing if you can't handle a single defeat.

But that's just my humble opinion. Now I'm off to train for my next Gym battle, five down and three to go.
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Pagie
Beginning Trainer

Very annoying even if you waited a while just to find someone to battle
Pokemon Black Friend Code

4942 5010 2780
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:27 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

This is why Gamefreak should have implemented a system that would give those who disconnected a loss and the "disconnect victims" a win. If this were to happen, I'd be willing to bet that the amount of people who disconnect would sharply decline. Interestingly though, I've never had anyone disconnect on me in PBR Online

Old March 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
iLike2EatPiez
i want the puppy

I hate it when people do that. If you're gonna battle online, be fair about it. The only one who has to know or care about your win/loss ratio is yourself. I lose all the time when battling online, but I'd never even consider disconnecting like that just to pretend it never happened. It's a video game for god's sake.
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
I hate it when people do that, seriously. I learned to accept that a loss is a loss and you'll win someday. If you hate to lose, don't play then.

"It was HIS hat, Mr. Krabs... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
mondays suck
:)

Note to myself: Should I ever play online Pokemon (and lose, of course), rage quit. Successfully trolling the enemy is at least some kind of victory.
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
Note to myself: Should I ever play online Pokemon (and lose, of course), rage quit. Successfully trolling the enemy is at least some kind of victory.
How would you know you're trolling the "enemy?" Perhaps you'd be rage quitting against someone who does not disconnect (and would therefore be very ticked off at you). Quitting "just because everyone else is doing it" only makes the problem worse. Regardless of your reasons, it is a very immature thing to do. Don't do it.

Old March 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I find playing Pokemon with other people is incredibly annoying, because everyone is always switching Pokemon to gain the type advantage over the other, and noone ends up winning or losing. I've never played online, but that was the case back in the Link Cable days.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

I have 10 wins out of 10 battles in White. I should be 15 for 15. What the heck is so important about your rating?

Paired to cr4y

Old March 20th, 2011, 05:06 PM
ISA56 2.0
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
Heh, here's the reason I don't ragequit. Once I was in battle with one of my best friends. It was our last Pokemon on both sides, my Dragonite against his Kyogre (yeah, we don't care much for metagaming) and I was considering ragequit to tick him off. I didn't, and I ending up coming back and WINNING!

In conclusion, don't ragequit. It's simply an immature thing to do and you might end up winning because of sheer dumb luck.
HACKS I SUPPORT:
Pokemon Brown
Pokemon Prism
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old March 20th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I don't battle online a lot I Mostly battle my friends via Wireless connection on our DS
My Friends Usually quits on me when they all have like one pokemon left, only time i quite was the time one of them used an Uber after we specifically said no ubers... i got mad and quit... I also thought of quiting when I was in a tag battle with them and my Partner already lost all of his pokemon... and I was battling a Swellow and a Typhlosion with only a Sceptile... I didn't quit and I ended up winning

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Kendosis
Gym Leader

I faced 4 rage quitters back to back today lol.

オノノクス
Haxorus
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
mondays suck
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
How would you know you're trolling the "enemy?" Perhaps you'd be rage quitting against someone who does not disconnect (and would therefore be very ticked off at you). Quitting "just because everyone else is doing it" only makes the problem worse. Regardless of your reasons, it is a very immature thing to do. Don't do it.
And being butthurt about hypothetical bad and obvious trolling is less immature than executing it would be? I don't think it's like a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life, but apparently... it does, considering some of the rage seen in this thread. And this fact is something I, a person that does not play PvP Pokemon and thus has a somewhat neutral perspective, do in fact find funny.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Cassino
no

For one's opponent to concede defeat when they perceive no chance at winning is fair enough. Quitting when angered is just common sense, I think; games are played for fun, so staying would be like keeping one's hand on a hot stove when they know it hurts. The mind does not reward hardship, only the moment it ceases.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Soviet Russia
The Chosen Nub

I never have rage quit and I will never do so. Why? It's immature and it shows your one of those people who want to be perfect, which no one in this world is.

Life Without a Totodile is no life at all.
Soviet Russia's PokePet

Toto the level 74 Totodile!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post

And being butthurt about hypothetical bad and obvious trolling is less immature than executing it would be? I don't think it's like a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life, but apparently... it does, considering some of the rage seen in this thread. And this fact is something I, a person that does not play PvP Pokemon and thus has a somewhat neutral perspective, do in fact find funny.
You're exaggerating quite a bit here. The fact that some people (immaturely) whine about "rage quitting" does not change the fact that it is a very immature action. Besides, everyone has the right to get at least a little ticked off when someone "rage quits" on them. It simply ruins the experience of battling. The person could have easily selected "run" and forfeited, but they didn't. It's like someone flipping over the chess board when they make a mistake and get their queen taken away. They could have easily just tipped their king over and given in. And I don't think that anyone here is even implying that "a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life." That is a huge exaggeration on your part.

Bottom line: Rage quitting in anything, not just Pokémon is immature. It would not be tolerated in a competition and therefore should not be done.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Whenever I battle my friend from school online, he always disconnects after his team of all legends loses. He always denies that he DC's too; he says it's his wi-fi. But whenever he is about to lose...it magically goes out. D:

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
jimmefoxx
Beatlemaniac Jimme

Send a message via Skype™ to jimmefoxx
i get mad but honestly that day i wrote this i was really stoned...and so therefore i got angrier than i meant to be...but honestly it really is annoying...i just want to win once without some dude quitting
add me on n3ds my friendcode is 5026-5858-4600
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
I like winning. I think everyone does. However, I also realise nobody likes losing. Still, if you are losing, have the decency to take the loss and give the person who's winning some joy rather than quitting and leaving them with an empty feeling.
Brony represent.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:18 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've yet to have anybody rage quit on me. I did however have one person keep me waiting for like ten minutes on what move they were going to use, just in hopes that I would leave the battle... pff, please, it was inevitable at that point! I have all the time in the world for a Pokemon battle lol.
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Oh right, this exists T_T I'm not looking forward to it. I know the feeling, I've played KeyQuest. And don't get of started on time takers.
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
Pokémon X
Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here