The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Thank you very much for your kind words; and yes speedy updates is something I aim for, and thankfully summer is getting closer, so more free time from Rom Hacking. =D
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
lucashaze
Beginning Trainer

Hey, what's the download link?
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
joshyv
Togepi

Wow it seems like a pretty cool hack, i will support this, and is there a download link, or only for beta tester?
Old March 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
GameGuru971
Beginning Trainer

Where's the download link
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
SoulBeat
Unhatched Egg

Wow this looks like an awesome hack!
Can't wait to play it, if you need a beta tester, contact me
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:00 AM
raghavendraxxx

i cant wait to play it this hack has the best graphics of all fire red hacks
and one more thing if u plan on beta release please dont release 1gym beta
atleast make it to 4gym and in beta 2 8gyms we will wait as long as it takes
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:30 PM
GoeGoe
Beginning Trainer

where is the download? I would really like to play it but i cant find it any where
please help
Old March 31st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
So now after a week of touch ups, I finished the work I completed over the HSPA break. Here it is:

There as been a suicune siting down at the swamp near route 7

Do you like the trees, originally purple from Loz I changed the pallet to fit more of a swamp feel. I really like the pallets, but I would love any opinions on it. :D

Since the islands are so close, you can jump from one, to an other.

Look the thorns.

Water thorns

Suicune ran off into the ancient cave, time to follow it.
Zelda the minish cap tiles? Interesting idea, looking forward to it!
Old March 31st, 2012, 04:37 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Yes, based on it; I usually make the tiles more straight, or in this case changed the pallet. (Remember the tree was purple)
Old March 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The trees from Zelda clash with the Pokémon trees.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

The zelda trees are in a different enclosed area, and out of sight from any fr trees. :D (So no clashing)
Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
SirFluffysworth
Your Mother

Nature: Modest
So do you have an approximate release date?
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
Do you know when the first beta release is going to be out? because this looks SO COOL! i LOVE the idea of a mailbox system, and also the phone idea. never seen that before, so i'm TOTALLY willing to try out this hack.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

UPDATE:
Hey guys, here again to share with you an update and answer some concerns.
First of all a lot of people are asking about a download link, and/or a release date(Approximation)
First of all there is no download link, simply because no beta has been released yet. As to a release date, I can't say. Too many factors can speed up the progress, or sharply slow it down. But as always there are ways anyone who is interested can help! This can be from a multitude of things such as, posting your ideas for the hack, commenting on the hack, or anything of the sort. (Keeping the thread alive really improves my moral to continue stead-fast on the hack)I am also looking for any ASM Hackers, or spriters willing to help out with the hack. Now without further delay, new screenshot.
These new screen shots are of the optional city Avingnon:

There is the dojo, were if you beat the sensi you have the option of 1 of 3 of his rare fighting type pokemon

Like the houses?

Avingnon is a major port city

Here is where the water generator for the town is located. You can trade a voltorb, for a (Pokemon yet to be decided)

As one of the 3 southern port towns, Avingnon like the others all have there own unique docking building.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
limweixiang
Beginning Trainer

I hope i can come out faster
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
wow! everything looks great so far! could you give us an advance of the fakemon?? i really like when hacks and games have fakes! how many of them will there be?

About the upload screenshots: they look fantastic! i really like the houses, most of all the brickwalls (sorry for my bad english). The roofs are really cool too. And that deck on the dojo is unique

I have 2 observations to make, though. First, the dojo has a shadow that nothing else has... i think you should remove it (because the other option would be to make that shadow in EVERY single building, tree, rock and object and that would be a lot of work, also, i think shadows shouldn't be completely black but only a bit darker than the ground). I like the style of that shadow, but i think it just doesn't match the rest of the tiles... Second, the gears in the left side of the generator look awkward (i don't know if that's the word), it looks as if its burried in land, and not as if it would be in water. Maybe you could make'em follow the curves of the waves (i think they're waves... anyway, the curves in the water) or simply put them in solid ground.

That's it for my feedback! I hope my observations are useful... Cheers for you and your project NarutoActor!
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
redxblood
Unhatched Egg

I'll beta test :D this game sounds sweet
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

I'll beta test for sure! This looks amazing, personally I think Fire Red based hacks are the best, I simply love the style of the graphics. Keep up the good work!

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
wow! everything looks great so far! could you give us an advance of the fakemon?? i really like when hacks and games have fakes! how many of them will there be?

About the upload screenshots: they look fantastic! i really like the houses, most of all the brickwalls (sorry for my bad english). The roofs are really cool too. And that deck on the dojo is unique

I have 2 observations to make, though. First, the dojo has a shadow that nothing else has... i think you should remove it (because the other option would be to make that shadow in EVERY single building, tree, rock and object and that would be a lot of work, also, i think shadows shouldn't be completely black but only a bit darker than the ground). I like the style of that shadow, but i think it just doesn't match the rest of the tiles... Second, the gears in the left side of the generator look awkward (i don't know if that's the word), it looks as if its burried in land, and not as if it would be in water. Maybe you could make'em follow the curves of the waves (i think they're waves... anyway, the curves in the water) or simply put them in solid ground.

That's it for my feedback! I hope my observations are useful... Cheers for you and your project NarutoActor!
Well I was always planing to use Jambos 649 hack once you are allowed to use it in conjunction to a progressing hack. Then with the open slots available up to 999 I would use the rest for fakemon (999-649=350).

On the gears, that was actually one of my concerns, and that is why there is a rock located directly under them(to provide a contrast, without it, it looks as if the gears are floating) I am also hoping that I can animate the gears, but I don't have any sprites that would allow for that.
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Really nice rock hack. I like how you've inserted Alistair's tiles, but they don't go very well with the default tiles and the Pokémon Centre. You also have to give all the houses a shadow, since that brown one has one.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thanks, Im not much of a sprite artist but I will do my best to try to make the tiles flow better, but for now they can be a good placeholder for the storyline.
Also it's *Pokemon Center xD
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
calenjhughes
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
UPDATE:
)I am also looking for any ASM Hackers, or spriters willing to help out with the hack.
I have a sprite that you can use that I made myself. If you want to see it, you can pm me, because I don't want anyone else using it. I have an exported Library file of the sprite for nameless, so you can use it if you want. I'll send an image over pm first if you want, then you can decide to use it or not. It uses the pallet of PLAYER (red).
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM
MajestyRoyale
Beginning Trainer

This hack looks awesome, i like every single thing about it.
Can't wait for a download link!
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:50 PM
xTheAndyx
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
looks amazing! I wish it was out now so I had something to do keep up the good work! can't wait to play it!
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mekimaru
Beginning Trainer

I honestly cant wait till the game comes out :D. Looking forward to it , it looks incredible so far
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links