Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2011 (08:19 AM). Edited March 24th, 2011 by Miss Doronjo.
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
So, you may know that certain pokemon have branched evolutions; mainly, some pokemon have certain conditions upon evolving, like Gloom, being able to evolve to Vileplume with a leaf stone, and bellosom with a sun stone. Most Pokémon that evolve through branch evolution do so in their basic forms, and do not make it to a second evolution. What's your favourite branched family? Do you think there's a pokemon that needs to be included in a branch family, or add a branch family to it? You can see the pokemon with branched familes here.

Anyway, my favourite branched family would be Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass because well, I'm a fan of Froslass in general; glalie and snorunt are also pretty cool too. I also found that the art of each of then is uniquely interesting, because they are different! And for ice type pokemon, they are one of my faovurites. <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 24th, 2011 (08:37 AM).
DayDreamer
Pokemon Gamer

Nature: Quiet
I've always been a fan of the Eevee family tree =). I'm just waiting on the other types that little thing can conjure up. The current ones are all based on environment so next game will be set in the mountains leading to Eartheon and Rockeon next?

I always thought the rather male/female looking pokemon needs another evolution tree line. Too bad they didn't do it sooner for pokemon like Glalie and Gardevoir. I personally caught my Ralts female on purpose in Ruby because I didn't want male girly looking Gardevoir xD.
Old March 24th, 2011 (08:55 AM).
Giraffe
キリンリキ

I love Eevee's evolutions, with all the type possibilities.
They're all awesome looking, too.

Not very fond of Tyrogue's -- The evolutions just don't appeal to me.
Old March 24th, 2011 (09:11 AM).
Tumalaz
Beginning Trainer

Obvious answer is obvious: Eevee.
Old March 24th, 2011 (10:31 AM).
jynx
Er.../eh...

Eevee!
Lovely designs for the entire family!

My DA: http://j2y8n2x.deviantart.com
Old March 24th, 2011 (01:04 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I like the Snorunt family as well, though I adore Glalie more than Froslass. The whole family is nice-looking~

I do think there should be a connection between Luvdisc and Mamanbou, and something between Tauros and Miltank.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 24th, 2011 (01:18 PM).
Ink.
Beginning Trainer

It's been said a few times, but my favourite has to be Eevee. I just love Eevee's in general. Every time I've gotten an Eevee in a pokemon game, I've had to breed it just so I can get all the possible evolutions.
Old March 24th, 2011 (01:26 PM).
Gunn
horror resident

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gunn
Quote originally posted by TheSmartOne:
I do think there should be a connection between Luvdisc and Mamanbou
rofl, I had to look up who Mamanbou was and it's the Japanese name for Alomomola. xD ANYWAYS. I thought there was at first! I mean, why not? Both of them do not evolve at it looks like Alomomola could be an evolution for Luvdisc. This reminds me when my friend thought Bellossum (and this was waaay back) was part of Bellsprout's evolution series. Bell this, bell that, bell, bell, bell,... but it doesn't look like the rest of the Bell family.

So yeah, Eevee is popular, but I like Snorunt's branched evolutions the most. I sort of wish that Glalie had an extended body instead of just being a head.
Old March 24th, 2011 (01:35 PM).
Kokuo
Ground Type Trainer

I like the Ralts evolutionary line. Gardevoir and Gallade are two of my favorites.
Old March 24th, 2011 (01:36 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Eevee seems a bit overrated to me...
Quote originally posted by Gunn:
rofl, I had to look up who Mamanbou was and it's the Japanese name for Alomomola. xD ANYWAYS. I thought there was at first! I mean, why not? Both of them do not evolve at it looks like Alomomola could be an evolution for Luvdisc. This reminds me when my friend thought Bellossum (and this was waaay back) was part of Bellsprout's evolution series. Bell this, bell that, bell, bell, bell,... but it doesn't look like the rest of the Bell family.

So yeah, Eevee is popular, but I like Snorunt's branched evolutions the most. I sort of wish that Glalie had an extended body instead of just being a head.
Yeah, they did kind of make Bellossom fit with the Bel theme-naming... rather confusing if you don't realize. xD
But what kind of body would possibly go with Glalie's face? I can't imagine that...

Oh, I forgot to mention I like the Poliwag line as well. :3
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 24th, 2011 (03:32 PM).
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

I think my answer is pretty obvious but if not it is the Poliwag line

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old March 24th, 2011 (03:33 PM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Poliwag, Ralts and of course (while possibly overrated but I don't card) Eevee. Poliwag is just adorable, and I loved both Poliwrath and Politoed. The idea for Ralts with Gallade was nice, so you didn't end up with a trap, and Eevee for the obvious reasons (Espeon).
Old March 24th, 2011 (03:36 PM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
As much as I don't like a fair number of the Eeveelutions, any critter that can evolve into both Jolteon and Espeon is a winner in my book. Eevee FTW! (Although Gardevoir/Gallade are both kinda awesome in their own unique ways, especially Gallade's typing.)
Old March 25th, 2011 (01:24 AM).
tjb90
Trainer

Nature: Brave
My favorite Pokemon with branched evolutions is Eevee! All of its different evolutions are so cool! I like how they all look different!
Old March 25th, 2011 (02:30 AM). Edited March 25th, 2011 by Zeffy.
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I like Eevee, Poliwag, and Tyrogue's family tree the best. Eevee, because, well, I just like Eevee's family. Poliwag because of Politoed, and Tyrogue is just awesome. :3

I do agree with Anna here, there should be something about Luvdisc and Alomomola and something about Miltank and Tauros. I always thought they look kind of the same.
Old April 7th, 2011 (12:56 AM).
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
So, you may know that certain pokemon have branched evolutions; mainly, some pokemon have certain conditions upon evolving, like Gloom, being able to evolve to Vileplume with a leaf stone, and bellosom with a sun stone. Most Pokémon that evolve through branch evolution do so in their basic forms, and do not make it to a second evolution. What's your favourite branched family? Do you think there's a pokemon that needs to be included in a branch family, or add a branch family to it? You can see the pokemon with branched familes here.

Anyway, my favourite branched family would be Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass because well, I'm a fan of Froslass in general; glalie and snorunt are also pretty cool too. I also found that the art of each of then is uniquely interesting, because they are different! And for ice type pokemon, they are one of my faovurites. <3
Branched evolutions are nice. My favorite one would have to be the Eeveelutions, due to the sheer diversity displayed by that Pokemon family, and the uniqueness of each member. I'd like a Dragon-type Eeveelution in the future, so there would be an Eeveelution representative for all of the types that were classified as "Special" pre-Generation 4. Subsequently, we could move on and receive Eeveelutions that are attributed to each one of the currently existing 17 types.

For some reason, I've always wanted an "inverse" branch Pokemon family. You know how one stage can have two possible branched evolutions? I've been envisioning a Pokemon that has two possible branched pre-evolutions. This would be somewhat similar to Digimon in that many videogames can assign multiple pre-Digivolutions for a single Digimon.
It would be like you have 2 Pokemon that seem to be of completely different Pokemon lines at first, yet by the time they prepare to evolve to their third stage, you discover that they evolve into identical Pokemon (maybe coloration differences could be present or something for minor differentiation). A bit strrange for Pokemon, but an intriguing idea nonetheless, IMO...
Old April 7th, 2011 (03:03 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the Ralts line, even when Gallade didn't exist yet. When Gallade was brought into the picture, I started to like the line a lot more.

Old April 7th, 2011 (04:11 AM).
Misty Fan
Water Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
My fav Branch line is Clamperl because it evolves into Huntail and Gorebyss and i like them.

Misty, The greatest person in the world of Pokemon.

Old April 7th, 2011 (04:40 AM).
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nincada line. Ninjask has always been a favourite of mine, and how Nincada evolves into Ninjask and you get a Shedinja too is pretty cool. Free Pokemon are always nice.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old April 12th, 2011 (05:56 AM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Other than the awesome Eevee evolutionary line, I like the Ralts family and Snorunt family. I had already started liking the Ralts evolutionary line because of Gardevoir, and when Gallade was also introduced, I immediately fell in love with it. XD; Same is the case with Snorunt. :D
Old April 12th, 2011 (04:41 PM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My favorite is the Eevee line because of Jolteon and Espeon. I've just never thought about using any of the others, to be completely honest.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 12th, 2011 (05:33 PM).
WriteThemWrong
LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice

Nature: Lax
What about Slowpoke/Slowking? From doofus to mad genius muahahaahaha.
It's hard talking to cactus.

I think my head is dying
It's like being trapped in a room of smells
Old April 12th, 2011 (08:49 PM).
Meinfoo
Spelling error? Spelling win!

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by WriteThemWrong:
What about Slowpoke/Slowking? From doofus to mad genius muahahaahaha.
I love Slowbro, Slowking was a bit unoriginal I thought. I would love to see a split evo of Vigoroth, into some hyper monkey. Anyway I'm a big fan of the Eevee line and Poliwag line. I think that a Weepinbell split evo would be cool.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links