Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page Are you think Charizard's arm is too small?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old March 24th, 2011 (06:07 PM). Edited April 5th, 2011 by LatiasSoulDew.

Are you think Charizard's arm is way too small? I do.

but, I think if it have bigger arm it will also become weird. (how about longer )
so, what do you think about it. =)
Old March 25th, 2011 (01:59 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Maybe Charizard should represent Tyrannosaurus Rex?
I don't know it just came to my mind.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 25th, 2011 (02:19 AM).
ModeratorBSCS

I don't think so. Charizard can grasp with its hand well, I don't think it needs to be longer. Charizard is fine the way it is. Well, that's just my opinion anyways.
Old March 25th, 2011 (09:17 PM). Edited March 25th, 2011 by LatiasSoulDew.

Ash493 you are right, I never thought about it. haha

Zeffy: its ok, just post your opinion , about charizard arm too small is just my opinion as well
Old March 25th, 2011 (09:32 PM).
horror resident
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gunn
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Maybe Charizard should represent Tyrannosaurus Rex?
I don't know it just came to my mind.
That's what I thought, but a lot of sources say that Charizard is to resemble a dragon.

Or both; who knows?
Old March 25th, 2011 (11:55 PM).
#1 Yancy fan
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Maybe not T-Rex specifically, but certainly some kind of reptile. Think about this, though:

What are wings? (In the case of birds) they are arms that evolved large flaps of skin in order to provide lift. So wing = limb, y/y?

Now look at Charizard. Count its limbs. Two legs . . . two arms . . . two wings. Six limbs? Maybe Charizard should be a Bug type!

But in all seriousness, you see this with other Pokemon too. Dragonite's arms, for example, are kind of short and stubby. Looking at other dragons . . . Druddigon - in this case it's the wings that are somewhat vestigial, which is probably why it lacks the Flying type. Latios and Latias - little arms, yeah? And so on, and on (except Salamence, which exists solely to disprove me grr)

My theory is that these Pokemon are all in a state of evolutionary limbo. Whereas in the real world, birds evolved by arms turning into wings (2 arms + 2 legs -> 2 wings + 2 legs), these Pokemon evolve slightly differently, but with the same end result. (ie 2 arms + 2 legs -> 2 arms + 2 wings + 2 legs -> 2 wings + 2 legs) I just think we've caught them halfway, as their arms are shrinking and wings growing.

Also note that Garchomp, one of the very few winged Dragons with fully developed arms, wears its wings on its elbows, thereby supporting this theory in sorts, especially considering that we see those wings grow between the Gabite and Garchomp stages. If there were to be an additional evolution for Garchomp some time in the future (heaven forbid, it's broken enough as it is) we would probably see its forelimbs entirely become wings, appearing more akin to the traditional wyverns of European mythology.

Also, we really need a lung-based Dragon legendary. Gyarados was close, but no cigar. Needs four legs, a beard and a Rain Dance-based set.
Old March 26th, 2011 (01:46 AM). Edited March 26th, 2011 by LatiasSoulDew.

This Thread become more serious discussion thread than my estimation. o_o
Ok, just now Misheard Whisper makes me think that Charizard already have two big wings, so that is the reason why is Charizard arms are small. and it's maybe also the reason why if Charizard arm is bigger he will looks weird. but it's also still true if we say Charizard is just simply T-Rex with long neck plus wings.

Edit: now I cannot change my avatar till this thread closed, or just delete look to my avatar part. I trapped myself, haha.
Old March 26th, 2011 (12:07 PM). Edited March 26th, 2011 by Misheard Whisper.
#1 Yancy fan
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Eh, don't mind me. I just got caught up in the discussion because I found it interesting. I do that. A lot. orz

And as for the first post, I'm pretty sure you can just edit it to remove that line if you want.
Old March 26th, 2011 (12:29 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Nature: Brave
Charizard's arms seem normal to me. Besides, he kinds does look like a combination of a t-red and a dragon. Have you looked at Snivy/Servine? They're even smaller!

Old March 26th, 2011 (01:09 PM).

I might call it a sort of bipedal pseudowyvern; it doesn't have many flying moves despite its (proportionately tiny) wings.
I don't think Charizard's arm size is particularly strange, but the way they usually rest is. If they were bigger it would look better as a true dragon (four legs on the ground) with bigger wings, but I guess Salamence is already that.
Old March 26th, 2011 (11:29 PM).
The Fighting Porygon Team

Nature: Quirky
Fun Fact:

Charizard's wings and head have both shrunken as time has gone by. In its original concept art, its head was much larger in relation to its body, making it appear Trapinch-like in appearance, while its wings were proportional to its body, extending down to its tail (the wings can be seen at this size in its generation I sprites).

-

As for his arms, I always assumed their main purpose was for gripping large objects such as boulders and logs to utilize in moves, as well as lifting up larger Pokémon. Still, it must be difficult for a Charizard to have to bend down in order to pick up smaller objects, like a pebble.
"Geodudes are really tough."- Random kid from Pokémon Commercial
"Dragonite for the win!"- Lance
"Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!"- Random kid from other Pokémon Commercial
Old March 27th, 2011 (01:28 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Charizard's arms look fine to me. But then again, several bipedal dragons have short arms.

Old March 29th, 2011 (06:03 AM).

Misheard Whisper: it's 100% ok , your theory really did gave great help in this discussion. thank you!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)