The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Would you consider pokemon a food product? If one day, all the animals were replaced by pokemon, i.e. Cows were replaced by Milktank; in which people would normally eat cows for a mean source. So, if you did, would you still eat animal products if the regular animals turned into pokemon? Or would you start choosing alternative food products?

Like for my case, I most likely wouldn't, so maybe I'd turn into a vegan myself.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; March 26th, 2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: said "pokemon" twice. >.<;
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Rayquaza Fin Soup

Yes I would eat Pokemon, because it seems badass.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
I would yeah, I eat meat now (though I was vegetarian for 6 years) so I think it would be hypocritical not to, aside from the fact that Pokemon could probably attack people a little more than a cow could - whats the difference? :P
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:26 PM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
yes XD

Pokemon ARE animals in the pokemon world, so yeah I would eat them. I wouldn't mind roast torchic with scrampled togepi for dinner or filleted Magicarp with pansage. It would be normal if pokemon existed here instead, what else would we eat for meat?

Old March 26th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autaven View Post
I would yeah, I eat meat now (though I was vegetarian for 6 years) so I think it would be hypocritical not to, aside from the fact that Pokemon could probably attack people a little more than a cow could - whats the difference? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
yes XD

Pokemon ARE animals in the pokemon world, so yeah I would eat them. I wouldn't mind roast torchic with scrampled togepi for dinner or filleted Magicarp with pansage. It would be normal if pokemon existed here instead, what else would we eat for meat?
I wouldn't, and this is why - eating animals is absolutely not the same as eating Pokemon. In the games and anime, Pokemon have been shown to have intelligence similar to a human's. They communicate with one another, have the ability to reason, and some of them are even much smarter than us (Alakazam for example). They aren't animals in the sense that our animals are. The only part of them that is animal is their form and their food instincts, such as bird Pokemon eating worm Pokemon.

Would you eat a deformed person that can't communicate with you? That's what I think of Pokemon as.

Not to mention who knows what damage all those special powers will do to your digestive tract
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

I wouldn't, and this is why - eating animals is absolutely not the same as eating Pokemon. In the games and anime, Pokemon have been shown to have intelligence similar to a human's. They communicate with one another, have the ability to reason, and some of them are even much smarter than us (Alakazam for example). They aren't animals in the sense that our animals are. The only part of them that is animal is their form and their food instincts, such as bird Pokemon eating worm Pokemon.

Would you eat a deformed person that can't communicate with you? That's what I think of Pokemon as.

Not to mention who knows what damage all those special powers will do to your digestive tract
Fair point, though I guess that takes it to another level of how intelligent our animals are considered to be. But if that was the case I don't think any of us would mind having some grilled magikarp lol :)
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
ProGuava
ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ

Nature: Relaxed
we must keep the magikarp population down so yes I would

Follow me on twitter!

And please contact me if you would like to partner with me in any game or programming development
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:50 PM
sak5222
Lets play pokemon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
yes XD

the cooking pokemon part was really funny!
Old March 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
*cough* KFC = Kentucky Fried Combusken *cough*

Just thought I'd get that out there.
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:00 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
It's kind of necessary to have Pokemon as a meat source because how else is anyone getting their protein?

Old March 27th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirbychu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
It's kind of necessary to have Pokemon as a meat source because how else is anyone getting their protein?
Through Protein, duh.

God, sometimes I wonder about you, PlatinumDude.

Paired to cr4y

Old March 27th, 2011, 01:10 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

Through Protein, duh.

God, sometimes I wonder about you, PlatinumDude.
Think of our Attack EVs!

No I don't think I would. I would drink Miltank milk and stuff like that but not eat a Miltank itself. I wouldn't want my Pokemon scared of me eating them.
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
jynx
Er.../eh...

Scrambled Togepi...hm...
Fried Pidgey, roasted Pidove...

My DA: http://j2y8n2x.deviantart.com
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

I'm a meat lover, but I wouldn't eat Pokemon as they're intelligent beings. I would almost feel like eating another human!

I really wonder where the meat people eat in the anime comes from. Maybe it's in vitro meat? xD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat Unless there are some regular animals hidden somewhere and that would be silly.

Old March 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Spanner226
Millefiore Mechanic

Well, if pokemon ate other pokemon, then yes, but whether they really do consume each other or not has not been confirmed.

But....How do the people of the Pokemon World create hamburgers without killing pokemon? Perhaps.....
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Rensider
Do as the Snamor do.

Yes,yes,yes! A thousand times yes! Just because the very idea is so ludicrous it's funnyXD! Give me my Cloysters on the half shell and my Magikarp with chips and ketchup!
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

I'd probably be vegan, personally..... But I eat beef, chicken, pork, and turkey IRL.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all

Nature: Jolly
I would, because, to me, a Miltank isn't more special then a regular Cow. I eat meat and fish here, so why should I suddenly stop doing so if all the animals turned into pokemon?
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:14 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 View Post
Rayquaza Fin Soup

Yes I would eat Pokemon, because it seems badass.
Wouldn't that be Sharpedo/Garchomp Fin Soup (how does Rayquaza even resemble a shark)? I don't think eating Pokemon would be "BA", though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Why would I want to eat an Alakazam anyway? It probably tastes like Brussels Sprouts on steroids or something...

And to be fair, animal and Pokemon intelligence is a bit debatable. There are some Pokemon that are said to be pretty stupid in their own right (I really wish that didn't sound so harsh...). I mean, just look at Rhyhorn's Sapphire PokeDex entry, one of the more derogatory ones:

Quote:
Once it starts running, it doesn't stop. Its tiny brain makes it so stupid that it can't remember why it started running in the first place.
I mean, even your typical cow and chicken can remember that much, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
*cough* KFC = Kentucky Fried Combusken *cough*

Just thought I'd get that out there.
Oh gosh...I'd feel terrible eating a member of the Blaziken family, as Blaziken was my first ever Pokemon... ;_; Maybe I'd abstain from meat or something - otherwise, I'd eat it in moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

Through Protein, duh.

...sometimes I wonder about you, PlatinumDude.
:cer_laugh: :cer_laugh: :cer_laugh:

Also, some Pokemon are just begging to be eaten. Case in point: Vanilluxe. What kind of Pokemon grows an enticing straw as part of evolution AKA "survival of the fittest"? That's like a sentence to get removed from the genetic population.

You see that straw? And one of the heads is drooling... *puts sprinkles on...Lick...munch munch munch...*
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:21 AM
danno 507
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to danno 507
No way!! cud never eat a pokemon....vegetables all the way xD
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Kingler thermidore, I imagine, would probably be a nice delicacy for the wealthy people in the Pokemon universe. Tauros steak cooked nice and rare would also go well with a nice salad. If people wanted something more exotic, maybe a Girafarig burger or a Grumpig casserole could tide them over. (And all that Psychic energy would probably do WONDERS for your metabolism!)
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Fire Walker
The Wanderer

Nature: Modest
This is quite shallow, but I laughed out loud thinking about that. Like, you would be eating Miltanks, in China you might be eading Houndours, some Mareep with a side of Remoroid, and if you are going fancy, perhaps even some Octillery. I am a vegetarian though, so I would just be eating Pidgeotto eggs.

Hacker
Pokémon Jungle, coming soon

Roleplayer
Pokémon Kanto Revival, here - 10 spots open! Take them while they are free!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links