• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Dark Hacking inc.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
2vimhsg.png

© 2004-2011
-- NOW RECRUITING MEMBERS --

Who Are Dark Hacking inc.?
Dark Hacking inc., also known as DHi, is a ROM Hacking coorporation or team that individualizes in the ROM Hacking of Pokemon games. It was founded on March 19, 2004 by KoBRe Lair. We are not only known for ROM-hacking but we have spriting capabilities as well as Game Developing and more.

Dark Hacking inc. Staff
Founding Members
KoBRe Lair Advance ROM Hacker
Cool Cr@cker Retired ROM Hacker
Thomas ROM Hacker

Current Active Members
KoBRe LaiR [ROM Hacker]
Chrono Cracker [ROM Hacker]
Thomas [ROM Hacker]
Blitz [ROM Hacker]
Barry [Revamp Artist]
Sylphiel [Spriter]
Saint Beast [Graphic Designer]
Brushfire0605 [Lead Spriter]
Iced coffee [Spriter]
KiraYamato [Spriter]
Scyther [Lead Spriter]
Spiro [Spriter]
MewThree7500 Mapper]

New Recruits
Crimson Stardust [Mapper]
ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ [Mapper]

Former/Innactive Members
FreekaZoid [Founder/ROM Hacker]
Castrainer [Spriter]
Tendo [Spriter]
Febbie8 [Head Event Planner]
Dawson [Game Developer]
YamiTolas [Spriter]
Saint Beast [Spriter]

PAST PROJECTS
the following hacks are some of the projects made by DHi in the past.

Pokémon Forest Nature
Description: You begin your story the momment you wake up from a dream. The day has finally come, you are have recently found that your big brother left town in search for answer regarding recent rumors abouth a disorder in the balance of the land. It's been said that every one thousand years, the spirits of the land of Hautson awaken to renew life. These are only myths, no one really takes them seriously, well no one except for you and your best friend; two teenagers who are always getting into trouble.
You sence something is wrong and that is the reason why your oldest brother departed from Zubolo Town. Your first task is to investigate around town for any clues leading to where your older brother left. Since no one in town will give you any information, the only method you have to rely on is between your best friend and the town's proffesor. You will need to find Proff. Katty and ask her to lend you a hand. She will give you a Pokemon to help you along the way and tell you that from that point on she can't do much so you and your best friend are on your own.
Your main goal, to find what is disturbing the balance in Hautson and find a solution for it. Are you up for the task?
Thread: old link

Pokémon Thunder Star
Description: This Story takes place 10 yrs after young Trainer Ash ketchum lost to Brooks-Leader of Team Seatin!Team Seatin becomes ruthless & no one dares to cross their path. But a young 13 yr old boy is determined to stop them.In this Hack You'll find completely new areas, Pokémon & Different Storyline!
Thread: old link

How To Join DHi?
Anyone is welcome to apply and join the inc. All you have to do is fill in this application form and post it here. And you will get an answer by either any of the head in commands or by Thomas or myself. If you do not get a response, rememebr to pm me. And I will see what happened. You don't have to be the best to join, we also teach new hackers. There is a limit to the staff we are looking for.

User Name:
E-Mail:
MSN/AIM/YIM:
Field of Work:
Past Experience:
Currently Working On:
Attach proof of work with your application for review

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
how about if we don't have an email in which we can use to communicate, could i still join up even if you can contact me through this forum? if yes then i will be happy to join.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Okay! then i guess i need to fill out the form then.
Username: Elite charizard (i have an alternate account-the unforgiven-i might be on that account rather than this one)
Field of work: mapping (i could post some maps if you want)
past experience: use to do maps for fun, and i'm working on my own hack and 2 other hacks i'm helping out in.so i'm gaining more experience everyday. :)
currently working on: my hack
recommendations: i don't understand what you mean by that.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
Okay! then i guess i need to fill out the form then.
Username: Elite charizard (i have an alternate account-the unforgiven-i might be on that account rather than this one)
Field of work: mapping (i could post some maps if you want)
past experience: use to do maps for fun, and i'm working on my own hack and 2 other hacks i'm helping out in.so i'm gaining more experience everyday. :)
currently working on: my hack
recommendations: i don't understand what you mean by that.
you can show some of the maps you have done before, how long have you been mapping for? do you also insert tiles? as far as the "recommendations" just ignore it.
Hey if for example, i am selected to join this team, or something, i could get help from you guys?
you are expected to contribute to the group's project in some sort of way, as far as help, most of the staff is always there for you when you have a question regarding ROM hacking so the answer is yes, you and the group would be both benefiting from each other's help.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years

owhokae then..I apply for a position,
User Name: Crimson Stardust[ Prefer to be called Ace ]
E-Mail: [email protected]
MSN/AIM/YIM: [email protected]
Field of Work: Mapping, Tile making/revamping/remaking, Music hacking[ Inserting ][ Not fully advance though ], Scripter[ Gonna try to get back on this ]
Past Experience: Just my hack and i was on another team like this but back out when i quit hacking a few months ago.
Currently Working On: My hack, Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds
Recommendations:....
More information:
Just to inform you guys first, i may or may not lose interest in hacking but i have the tendency to lose interest after a few months or so but now i am trying to get back so yeah, got to buck up on most of the skill mostly scripting.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
you can show some of the maps you have done before, how long have you been mapping for? do you also insert tiles? as far as the "recommendations" just ignore it.

i insert tiles/make tiles/rip tiles/(if you don't believe me, check out my rips on the ROM hacking resources thread)

as for mapping, I've been mapping for almost a year now (although i joined pc in January)

on the attachments i posted a few maps that are completed, i have a lot more but they are only half finished.

Last edited:

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
I will review it with some of the members from the group and will send you a PM with the answers.

On Separate news, DHi's website will be up by start of summer. Hopefully I will have everything up ad going then including the galleries of the two games and members info, and so on.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
It does ask for proof of work, but I guess when I was typing the thread i miss placed it, regardless I saw your thread for your hack and thats where im going from unless you want to show some other work that youve done too.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
Sorry I've been away for a while, I was under the weather for a few days and recently feeling better. Anyways, I'm almost done writing the plot of a new hack that will be done by DHi, anyone wanting to contribute ideas please feel free to do so, haven't decided what hack is gonna be off as of now. But i do have other ideas for a GSC project in the future for those interested in working in that.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Sorry I've been away for a while, I was under the weather for a few days and recently feeling better. Anyways, I'm almost done writing the plot of a new hack that will be done by DHi, anyone wanting to contribute ideas please feel free to do so, haven't decided what hack is gonna be off as of now. But i do have other ideas for a GSC project in the future for those interested in working in that.

maybe you could send a pm about some of the plot, i might have some ideas once i read it.:)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Well I would definitely like to help out on something Alex! I'd definitely like to get familiar with the hacking tools again, but once I'm done I'll help out in any way I can.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
maybe you could send a pm about some of the plot, i might have some ideas once i read it.:)
ill send you a rough draft once if finished writing it.
So, will the project be in GSC??
that is what i want to know, and also try to update me like 1 week before starting work since school is starting i might be busy to work on two hacks at once.
the first hack will most likely be a FR hack as for the GSC hack ive been toying around with an idea for a gold hack and been just messing arond hackig a gold game but havent figured out what i wanna do with it yet.
Well I would definitely like to help out on something Alex! I'd definitely like to get familiar with the hacking tools again, but once I'm done I'll help out in any way I can.
sounds good, well you can help out in other ways in the mean time, ill let u know through pm, theres a few things im trying to do to bring back dhi back to life, like the website, the forum, and a reamp of forest nature ive been working on for a while now.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
@Alex: Sounds good, I'll start coding a layout soon...if you wanna create a DHI dropbox account and give me the username/password so we can start sharing files like screenshots, rom patches, videos, logos, whatever...that would be great.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Heya, i am sorry guys but i think i have to back out from this team because i just found out i will be having a major project this last year in high school and i don't think i can do two hack at one time so it is better if i back out before we start hacking to save the trouble later on.
I know i should have not applied but i just found out how slow i do things and this will affect the progress of the hack big time..xD

Back