The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

How do you get a Starter with the new ability? I'm playing with Desmume made a Save State right before opening the box, but after about 6 reloads the Snivy I choose still has the normal ability.

Patching worked like a charm and was really easy, and Juniper's monologue at the start is new, so I'm assuming all the other changes should have been applied, too.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
Old September 29th, 2011, 02:24 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
Yep, even though Desume is better, it dosnt like my computer. and Thanks a bunch.
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM
bkwinner
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
How do you get a Starter with the new ability? I'm playing with Desmume made a Save State right before opening the box, but after about 6 reloads the Snivy I choose still has the normal ability.

Patching worked like a charm and was really easy, and Juniper's monologue at the start is new, so I'm assuming all the other changes should have been applied, too.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
I'm not sure, but I think that it's the save state doing it. If my suspicion is correct, data for the pokemon was generated before you opened the box, possibly as far back as selecting "new game".
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Thanks bkwinner, I did a few complete resets and now I have a female Snivy with Contrary, so yeah

This hack is awesome. It's like discovering MedianXL for Diablo 2 all over again.
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:16 PM
bctincher14
Beginning Trainer

I love this game. I think its very creative and challenging.
Old October 1st, 2011, 03:00 AM
infersaime
Come and get me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime
I wanna play it so badly but I can't find a working black or white rom.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

So...
I'm very new to DS rom emulation and I'm having some problems with this, although I'm not sure if it is because of the hack, the rom I got or my PC or Windows.

I'm playing on the newest version of Desmume and used a clean rom, as instructed in the Readme.

However, now that I'm past the first town and have a few Pokémon on my PC, it started to lag quite a bit, especially in battle, where the FPS is more or less cut in half.

Can someone help me with that? And if this is the wrong place, maybe direct me to where such questions belong?

Thanks in advance,
Peter
Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

again, i have a problem. I started using Desmume, and now exp gain dosn't work. help?
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Well, reading the features, it seems like this fixes everything I didn't like about BW, which is amazing, since there were very few things I didn't like about them. I will definetely use this for my challenges. Thank you very much.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Count

I'm definitely going to play this. I've got to say I think being able to encounter so many pokémon will seem a little unnatural, but I can live with that. It's the one or the other really.

3DS FC: 2062-9927-6099
Fairy: Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette.
Old October 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Let me axe you a question (Lol). What programs have you used to edit the moves, types etc. of Pokemon? I just can't find one...

Spoiler:
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Westie7
Trainer

Just downloaded and started this last night, and I am having a load of fun. My current team is Tepig (with Blaze) at Level 15, Bibarel with Moody at Level 15, Kricketune with Technician at Level 16, and a new Nidoran Female at Level 11 so far. I kind of want to know where the starters are available, because that would be an interesting team.
D: 1 P: N/A Pt: N/A
HG: 3 SS: N/A

Soft Resetting: 1
Random Encounter: 3
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Ssj3 Pikachu
Super Saiyan Electric Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

LOL, didn't even notice this until now, Joey's top percentage Rattata
YES. this was one of the first things i noticed wrong with Black and White!

i totally wanna play this cuz i felt black and white was a little too easy xD
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

If you want to update this hack even further, then I think Carracosta, Drifblim, Rampardos, and Bastiodon should be buffed.

Carracosta needs a reliable recovery move (I think Slack Off would be a good choice) and it should learn some more physical moves, like Avalanche, Icicle Crash, Storm Throw, and Circle Throw. (If you don't want to add the latter two, that's fine with me, but please add some physical Ice-type moves)

Drifblim could use some higher Special Attack and Speed stats IMO, and maybe you should lower its Attack, to like 60 points or something.

Rampardos might need better Defense, Special Defense, and Speed stats, or just a higher Speed stat.

Bastiodon would be just fine with either 80 HP or Solid Rock instead of Soundproof, and maybe a higher Attack stat.

Maybe you should consider these buffs for a future update.
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
emoxy
Psyduck

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to emoxy
Wow, the documentations are fantastic. Thank you for the detailed and organized information on your hack. I'm interested to play this just from the documentation alone.

Old October 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
AlfaTyrogue
Swag.

I'm using a fast desmume client on Mac, and it goes in absolute lag when I enter biancas' house in the beginning... what should I do?
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Kyronea
Beginning Trainer

First, I would like to say that this hack is fantastic, and thank you very much for creating it.

Secondly, I have a minor question. I've noticed a couple of times while searching for Audinos, both on Route 16 and in Cold Storage, that I seem to run into only Emolgas in the shaking grass if I have my Ampharos in the lead position. It's particularly odd in Cold Storage since according to the documentation, no Emolgas should be there at all. Because I'm playing a Nuzlocke run, I have to use what Pokemon I get, and this Ampharos has been extremely useful, so I need to be able to grind her like the others, and I can't do that nearly as well if I keep running into Emolgas instead of Audinos.

Now, because it's only happened to me with this Ampharos, and no other Pokemon, I suspect it might have something to do with the Electric-type. I don't have any other Electric-type, so I can't check, but it might be some kind of bug. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid this, or if it's just something unfixable at the moment.

One last bit of info: I only started seeing this after I first ran into an Emolga on Route 16 where they normally should be in this hack--before that, I didn't have this issue.
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
G18AkimboNoob
Beginning Trainer

Having 2 small questions since I wont be able to play until sunday. =/

1st, are the pokemon of earlier generations only avaible from "shaking grass" etc or will i also be able by just "running around" to find all 649 pokemon (ecept legendarys)?

and

2nd did you also include shiny versions of all 649 pokemon?

sorry if anyone asked those questions allready, didnt find them answered in the 11 pages of the thread

Edit: Just thought of another question:

3rd what for do i have to patch the national pokedex /what happens if i dont patch it?

Last edited by G18AkimboNoob; October 14th, 2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Thought of another question
Old October 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Retro Gamer'93
Pokemon Master of Kanto

I can't wait until I can play this hack, but I'm going to beat Black and White first lol. One thing I did notice though, is there anyway to run NO$GBA without all the Action Replay codes and crap? Because DSmume is slow a hell. Thanks

Last edited by Retro Gamer'93; October 16th, 2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixed spelling on a few things
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
axlefoley

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to axlefoley
I may give one or the other a try when I have some spare time just simply because of the sheer effort you obviously put into it. Muchly appreciated it is good to see.

Click here to feed Herman a Rare Candy!
Click here to feed Horrace a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old October 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I'm always up for a intensified hack of Pokémon and I must say I'm struggeling with every Gym leader (apart from Chili) so far.. even though I'm trying to beat the 3rd you have done a great job, it works fine on my R4.

Old October 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Westie7
Trainer

I'm currently at inside Pinwheel Forest and I'm looking for a Treecko. I'm using savestate abuse to try and find it in rustling grass, but it seems all I'm finding are Pansages, with a smattering of Panpours, a rare Audino, and a single Snivy. Any tips on how to make the search faster?

My current team is:
Twiggy the Pignite Male @ Blaze
Patari the Kricketune Male (I think) @ Technician
Dynoma the female Bibarel @ Moody
Arusa the Nidorina @ Poison Point
Torrel-Dar the Male Wartortle @ Torrent

Old October 17th, 2011, 11:19 PM
7pathsofpain
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie7 View Post
I'm currently at inside Pinwheel Forest and I'm looking for a Treecko. I'm using savestate abuse to try and find it in rustling grass, but it seems all I'm finding are Pansages, with a smattering of Panpours, a rare Audino, and a single Snivy. Any tips on how to make the search faster?
You dont need to use savestates, every time u move around the game resets the probability of rustling grass appearing so u wont need to load savestates, just encouter an pokemon and walk around repeatly(not in the grass, u can if u want but if u want mindless wild pokes appearing).

Last edited by 7pathsofpain; October 17th, 2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Westie7
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7pathsofpain View Post
You dont need to use savestates, every time u move around the game resets the probability of rustling grass appearing so u wont need to load savestates, just encouter an pokemon and walk around repeatly(not in the grass, u can if u want but if u want mindless wild pokes appearing).
I'm aware of that, but Desmume is slow and save-state abuse saves time.

Old October 21st, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Westie7, you can also use the Action Replay cheat for instant Shaking Grass, makes things faster than savestate abuse, IMO.

Sponsored Links