The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Scorpiopt

Advertise here
Awesome hack i have enjoyed it a lot . never taught a pokemon game could be so hard .
What kind of tools did you used?
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
MasterLucario13

Awesome hack, by the way! Just beat Burgh (and my two friends thereafter - Cheren's Rotational Battle was a surprise, but ever since Striaton I made sure to put three of my most battle-ready Pokemans on top). Burgh's famous masquerain wasn't that difficult (probably 'cause I've got an Ampharos) but his Scolipede creamed me on my first try!
I know! Burgh was definitely one of the hardest leaders. That scolipede and Leavanny were the worst to face together, considering that after a Speed Boost, my Combusken was STILL slower than Scolipede.
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:06 PM
lawpocket
Beginning Trainer

is there a chance for snivy to 'spawn' without contrary?
Old March 21st, 2012, 01:18 AM
maxspaz
Beginning Trainer

In the clean patch do pokemon have older moves like solar beam and are they animated? Also do the new level up moves replace replace or add to the natural move list?

Last edited by maxspaz; March 21st, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Gold_WQ
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpocket View Post
is there a chance for snivy to 'spawn' without contrary?
I suppose you're one of the Coil users? I loved Coil too back in the day when I was using a normal Serperior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxspaz View Post
In the clean patch do pokemon have older moves like solar beam and are they animated? Also do the new level up moves replace replace or add to the natural move list?
According to the documentation, some of the moves are added, some are replaced; yet some others are shifted to lower levels. There're symbols for that. (+,-,=)
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Laceiuhas
Pokemaniac

Nature: Calm
Am i the only one who had a problem with growth decreasing attack and sp.attack instead of increasing? Sorry if its already been discussed, im new and stuff
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Nature: Quiet
If you have contrary as an ability (ex: Snivy), all stats the drop or up something on your Pokemon are reveresed...so if you use growth you will drop in stats, if you are tail whiped you will gain defense instead of lose

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Laceiuhas
Pokemaniac

Okay, thanks.
Kinda feel like a noob now, lol
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
badiu27
Beginning Trainer

Can you get all three starters here?
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:13 AM
2Mew
Beginning Trainer

Played this hack and got up to burgh's gym so far, it's really challenging and more entertaining as it lasts longer, its really cool.

Mewtwo, the worlds most powerful pokemon.
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:50 AM
lightfurret

This hack is really fun. It actually make pokemon challenging and interesting.
I have Furret, Liepard, Primeape, Gardevoir and Shellder as my team.
The stats boost gives so much life to lost and forgotten pokemon. Sometimes it's just as seeing new pokemon. You got to learn each pokemon from point zero.
I do think there is still place for improvement from what I'v seen till now. Furret is a good example: though it has some stat upgrades on the speed and attack, it could really use an improvement on the ability department, to have something even slightly more useful then keen eye and frisk. I'm not talking about sheer force or abilities that doesn't fit the pokemon theme, but Scrappy, Super Luck, Simple, Quick Feet, Pickpocket, Adaptability, Limber... I dunno...
Oh, and what about Slam? Most of the pokemon learn it in a part in the game where you already got Strength. Same move - 100 accuracy instead of 75 (!). I would say, for that low accuracy it should have power of 100.

burgh wasn't a problem for me, for some reason... Primeape fire punch, boosted by Furret's helping hands, just 1HKOed every single bug pokemon, and Scolipede's try at megahorn missed.
Lenora, from the other hand, was challenge. double intimidate on the start of the battle is harsh (though it was to my advantage since my Mankey has defiant) and her retaliate pokemon hit quick and hard. I won mainly because I took advantage of her Herdier's tendency to stick to helping hands and not attack each turn - focusing my attacks on the other poke.
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Btor
Beginning Trainer

Dunno if you're still searching a solution but here's what helped me:
Option -> Emulation Setup -> NDS Cartridge backup media -> FLASH 512KBytes
Old March 31st, 2012, 04:26 AM
lightfurret

Wow, Elesa was sooo tough!!! I had to go back, catch a Geodude with sturdy and train it like hell just so I'll be able to lay a finger on her Galvantula before it whips the floor with me, and each turn I sacrificed another poke to heal Grevaler up and do it again. Her entire team is so speedy and powerful!

then again, Clay was the easiest one... I knew he'll have a sand storm team since it was obvious, and so many water pokes have drizzle in this game (too many) so I just fished a whalrein and whiped his team with my new member Seadra.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM
templar666
Beginning Trainer

i have a question:
the ''special'' encounters mentioned on the wild pokemon docs, is the shaking grass encounters?
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM
DrDoctor
Beginning Trainer

I love all the screenshots and documentation you have! I really want to play it but unfortunately I can't... No matter which rom I use to patch or which emulator I can't open the menu window and I get no options in touch panel. I can use it for battling and text. Even after the professor shows us how to catch a pokemon I still can't access menu. I can't even save the game or view my pokemon.

Can you please help?! I don't understand why this is. I was just playing a clean White rom perfectly fine a few months ago.
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
JimmyJ99
Noobie Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Hmm, I seem to be having an issue. The xDelta won't seem to open. I've even tried redownloading a different xDelta from the main website but no luck. Any clues?
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
DarkentheSkies
Beginning Trainer

I can't seem to get Iris to teach my Serperior Draco Meteor, and I'm absolutely sure it has full happiness. Playing Blaze Black, obviously.
Old April 7th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Drayano
Axe me a question, I dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badiu27 View Post
Can you get all three starters here?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfurret View Post
This hack is really fun. It actually make pokemon challenging and interesting.
I have Furret, Liepard, Primeape, Gardevoir and Shellder as my team.
The stats boost gives so much life to lost and forgotten pokemon. Sometimes it's just as seeing new pokemon. You got to learn each pokemon from point zero.
I do think there is still place for improvement from what I'v seen till now. Furret is a good example: though it has some stat upgrades on the speed and attack, it could really use an improvement on the ability department, to have something even slightly more useful then keen eye and frisk. I'm not talking about sheer force or abilities that doesn't fit the pokemon theme, but Scrappy, Super Luck, Simple, Quick Feet, Pickpocket, Adaptability, Limber... I dunno...
Oh, and what about Slam? Most of the pokemon learn it in a part in the game where you already got Strength. Same move - 100 accuracy instead of 75 (!). I would say, for that low accuracy it should have power of 100.

burgh wasn't a problem for me, for some reason... Primeape fire punch, boosted by Furret's helping hands, just 1HKOed every single bug pokemon, and Scolipede's try at megahorn missed.
Lenora, from the other hand, was challenge. double intimidate on the start of the battle is harsh (though it was to my advantage since my Mankey has defiant) and her retaliate pokemon hit quick and hard. I won mainly because I took advantage of her Herdier's tendency to stick to helping hands and not attack each turn - focusing my attacks on the other poke.
Hmm, you do raise some good points with the Furret example. I'm not likely to make another update to BBVW for a while now but I will keep those things in mind for my upcoming HG/SS hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by templar666 View Post
i have a question:
the ''special'' encounters mentioned on the wild pokemon docs, is the shaking grass encounters?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor View Post
I love all the screenshots and documentation you have! I really want to play it but unfortunately I can't... No matter which rom I use to patch or which emulator I can't open the menu window and I get no options in touch panel. I can use it for battling and text. Even after the professor shows us how to catch a pokemon I still can't access menu. I can't even save the game or view my pokemon.

Can you please help?! I don't understand why this is. I was just playing a clean White rom perfectly fine a few months ago.
Already answered this on gbatemp =p If anyone else has the same problem, make sure it's X you're using to get the menu, not Start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ99 View Post
Hmm, I seem to be having an issue. The xDelta won't seem to open. I've even tried redownloading a different xDelta from the main website but no luck. Any clues?
Make sure you're using the .bat file, not the xdelta itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkentheSkies View Post
I can't seem to get Iris to teach my Serperior Draco Meteor, and I'm absolutely sure it has full happiness. Playing Blaze Black, obviously.
Drayden/Iris only tutor Draco Meteor after you beat the E4. It was somewhat unintended, but you should have or be drawing near Leaf Storm anyway.
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Purple888
Beginning Trainer

I tryed using search with no results...
Someone knows the location for gible,pupitar,drilbur and Litwick
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:18 PM
redxblood
Unhatched Egg

So the whole thing is playable through the end and it has all 649 Pokemon ready to go?
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Thanks for all the work you put into this hack. Me and my cousin have been playing this together for the past couple hours and we're enjoying it a lot.
We've been trying to get back into playing Black/White but we're just so bored with playing the regular game seeing as we've both already played through it twice.

Good work! :D
Also, did you bump up critical ratios somehow? We've been getting destroyed by wild pokemon getting crits off on us regularly.
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM
redxblood
Unhatched Egg

oh one more question. say i had a hacked dsi, can i play this game online?
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Hulkkis
Beginning Trainer

Just wanted to say you pretty much made the game my dream pokemon game. So much options and so much challenge. Looking forward to your "Volt Gold" and "Blaze Silver"
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:03 AM
knight85

Hey guy's repeating a question since nobody answered

do the gameshark/Action Replay codes for the normal versions of black and white still work for the hacks?

or would I need a new code for EXP boosting, 100% capture rate and catching trainers pokemon?
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guy's repeating a question since nobody answered

do the gameshark/Action Replay codes for the normal versions of black and white still work for the hacks?

or would I need a new code for EXP boosting, 100% capture rate and catching trainers pokemon?
You *should* have gotten some documents with the download that contains the AR codes you'll need.

Anyways, this is my first hack, period. I am greatly enjoying it so far.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here