The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Shining Arcanine
Senior Super Moderator

I have a (forget how to spell the term but it has to do with the nose) infection. It is similar to the flu but the baterica throw a party in your nose instead of your throat and you can't catch it by being around someone who has it.

I am right now taking advil, 600mg of an antibiotic, 1000mg of vitamin C, my allergy medicine, a nasal spray, etc but I don't feel much better and my temperature is at 100 degrees Farenheit.
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:51 AM
shiny_jiggly
Pu? (Clueless?)

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shiny_jiggly
^I hope you will get well soon.

I have lots of rest, and refrain from using the computer or reading books whenever I'm ill. I wouldn't want to hurt my head when I'm ill, or worry too much, so that I'll recover faster.
I don't get sick easily, so usually I have minor flu or so when I am. Then when mum brings in the herbal medicine (tea) for me to drink. I don't mind its bitterness since I'm used to it.

Last edited by shiny_jiggly; November 24th, 2003 at 06:57 AM.
Old November 24th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Iveechan
based on a paperclip

Send a message via AIM to Iveechan
When I'm sick, I just sleep. And write mental stories. Hallucinations are fun :D

Old November 24th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Haruka
Pokémon Coordinator

Send a message via AIM to Haruka Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haruka
If I am sick, I take it easy and play games and watch movies.. I usally take a rest, but I never go online when I am sick... (you saw me offline for 1 day last couple month, right?)

Omigosh, it's the return of Ashley... =o
Friend Codes
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 4381 9024 5685 (Alyssa)
Pokemon Diamond: 1718 9721 5525 (Hikari) (2 win, 2 loss)
Florafield City Gym* is now open!
Gym Statistics: 3 win, 3 loss
*Requires a registration at TCoD and also with the League.
Old November 24th, 2003, 01:00 PM
prolific_rhapsody
Paradox in Paradigm

Nature: Jolly
I usually stay still on the couch,use the computer,watch movies,and play games.
And of course sleep.
The last time I was sick,my mouth was giving me problems,and I took Advil by pill. :confused:
Hope you get better,Shining Arcanine!

"What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be
fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five.
"
[Alanis Morissette].

Old November 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I'd go on the computer if I were sick. It's just this sort of habit I have. When I was in grade 5-7, I used to fake sick just to stay home and go on the computer, lol. Now since my mom is always home I either watch tv, sleep, or I go downstairs and play video games. I just go on the computer in the evening when I would have if I had gone to school.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old November 24th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Too-Angel
Remix Lover

I Stay home, relax for couple of hours. Take medicines four times a day every 6 hours. Then after I rest, I stay to the Computer for a little while, then i'd have to sleep
and do something that's active. I wouldn't do anything that's heavy or has anything to do with excercise like I always often do. It doesn't really retrain to help you
heal.

It`s Gengar that loves you&me (=
I`m only-eternity(Fram a n) =P
Old November 24th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
a) drink a lot of water
b) wrap yourself in warm clothes/a fluffy blanket (), and camp in front of the computer/your other gaming consoles
c) sleep

do all 3 of the above and you'll get well before you know it
Old November 24th, 2003, 03:00 PM
latiosspud
Gym Leader

Unless it's really serious or catchable I go to school. Otherwise I sleep the whole day.

"When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

"You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
Old November 24th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
I do what I normally do, do school, play games etc. If I'm really bad off school is replaced with sleep. The first time I played Kingdom Hearts I was sick, but it was in the summer.
Old November 24th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Rift
Let's Venture Onward!

If i even have the tinest little runny nose or sore throat ill stay home! when im sick i milk it for all its worth!
Old November 24th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Yeah... if there is school then I go to school. Not attending even one day of school is a complete horror and a great disadvantage for you. Even if I am sick I stall myself out until all the important classes are over, and i just go back home if I have nothing but option classes for the rest of the day or something...
Old November 24th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Rift
Let's Venture Onward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostweaver
Yeah... if there is school then I go to school. Not attending even one day of school is a complete horror and a great disadvantage for you. Even if I am sick I stall myself out until all the important classes are over, and i just go back home if I have nothing but option classes for the rest of the day or something...
Oh, i dont do that anymore, just in grade school!
Old November 24th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Sapphire
:]

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sapphire
I stay home when Im sick unless im contagious or threw-up..I stay on the computer all day..^-^ ya....when Im sick. and my grandma comes over and gets me lunch!

I honestly don't know what to put in this signature anymore XD"Hi!" would probably be just fine, ne? or maybe something else...like...what...? hm....
Old November 24th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Stinger
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via ICQ to Stinger Send a message via AIM to Stinger Send a message via Yahoo to Stinger
I listen to hardcore Metal. I rarely sleep. I take painkillers too
Old November 25th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I don't know what I usually do...but I remember what I did last time I was sick...

Last time I was sick was a couple weeks ago (like Nov. 7-10). I had a lot of things at one time (this always happens to me; I get a fever, nausea, and uhh...the runs at the same time) I really didn't eat or drink much (except for maybe water or juices to keep my fluids up) other than that I just sat down and watched TV all day while taking my medications at three hour intervals... and When I felt a bit better, I was able to come online again (you may notice that I have a lot of posts on Nov. 10th, more posts than I normally would have for a Monday...)

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old November 25th, 2003, 06:04 PM
DragonTrainer
Shiver me timbers!

When I'm sick, I usually sit around, watch tv and play video games.But if I am really sick, I just lay on the bed, and sleep.
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:06 PM
MoonLight
The Stars Are Pretty ~

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MoonLight Send a message via Skype™ to MoonLight
Well when i get sick oh i get sick i really can't do anything im usally resting in my warm bed and drinking lots of water that's all i can drink when im sick Right now i have a head cold now but at least it's no the flu then i would'nt be on here

Im mvtm's sidekick
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Soph
Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD

Send a message via AIM to Soph Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Soph
when i am ill i dont do much....i generally go to school like normal cos i cant afford to miss classes for risk of getting behind. i hate being sick for that reason, schol is no fun when ill...wll its never fun really my school is for me a living nightmare. when im ill on holidays or weekends i lie down and read, write or play videogames...or go on the net if i am allowed.

Thanks to Andy/Arcanine for the great banner above
Old November 26th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

I just let my mom and brother cater to my every need, lol. XD (J/K!) Normally whenever I'm sick, I just sit around the house doing stuff such as drawing, and taking medicine every six hours or so. If my mom's in a good mood then I get to come online or play video games. =D If she's not, then I'm stuck doing schoolwork once she realises that I'm feeling better. (Or sometimes she'll tease me and say that I have to. ) When I'm really sick, then usually I just lay in bed.

And I hope you get to feeling better soon, SA. ; Unless you already are?
Old November 26th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Shining Arcanine
Senior Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for the get well posts and advice. I am getting better but I still have a fever. ;;
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Imakuni?
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Imakuni? Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Imakuni?
Quote:
Hallucinations are fun
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
i like seeing things if i am sick or not...

Also, while you're here, check out my GSC music project:
Thread | PureVolume
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Haruka
Pokémon Coordinator

Send a message via AIM to Haruka Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haruka
DO NOT BRING UP OLD TOPICS!

*this needs to be inscribe in the rule book*

Omigosh, it's the return of Ashley... =o
Friend Codes
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 4381 9024 5685 (Alyssa)
Pokemon Diamond: 1718 9721 5525 (Hikari) (2 win, 2 loss)
Florafield City Gym* is now open!
Gym Statistics: 3 win, 3 loss
*Requires a registration at TCoD and also with the League.
Old February 12th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakuni?
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
i like seeing things if i am sick or not...
Imakuni? STOP POSTING IN THREADS OVER A MONTH OLD, if you want to talk about it then start a new thread DO NOT BRING UP OLD THREADS.
*Closed*

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links