Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page Soul Surfer

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old April 8th, 2011 (04:18 PM).
hold back the river
CS

Nature: Brave

Soul Surfer

Release Date: April 8, 2011 (USA)
Rated: PG-13
Starring: Anna-Sophia Robb, Carrie Underwood, Dennis Quaid, Helen Hunt
Running Time: 106 min

Plot:

Quote originally posted by Soul Surfer website:
Soul Surfer is the inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton. Bethany lost her left arm in a shark attack and courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again, through her sheer determination and unwavering faith.

Bethany (AnnaSophia Robb) was born to surf. A natural talent who took to the waves at a young age, she was leading an idyllic life on Kauai, participating in national surf competitions with her best friend Alana (Lorraine Nicholson), when everything changed. On Halloween morning, a 14-foot tiger shark came out of nowhere and seemed to shatter all her dreams.

Soul Surfer reveals Bethany's fight to recover from her ordeal and how she grappled with the question of her future. Strengthened by the love of her parents, Tom (Dennis Quaid) and Cheri (Helen Hunt), and supported by her youth group leader Sara (Carrie Underwood), Bethany refuses to give in or give up, and begins a bold return to the water.
This movie has hope and inspiration written all over it, and it's impressive that the events actually happened in real life before. Anna-Sophia Robb, who you might remember her from Because of Winn-Dixie, was perfect for the part as Bethany Hamilton. This is also Carrie Underwood's movie star debut.

Do any of you plan to see this amazing movie? Discuss!
Old April 8th, 2011 (09:30 PM).
Haven't been here for ages...
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
This isn't my type of movie, I prefer to watch films like this one, based on a true person's life through the form of a documentary, or read about it. I don't really like watching people act it all out though :/ This however is something where I will probably read the script or watch it when it is released on TV. I just like watching these sorts of stories when the actual person is telling the events, not through acting.

ALTHOUGH if it gets lot of good reviews and ratings I will watch it, because 'The Blind Side' was a great movie XD

Old April 9th, 2011 (03:39 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
True-life, inspirational films like this always get a massively delayed release date in the UK, mainly for the distributor's fear that no one will actually go and see them: it's a case of simply delaying the inevitable rather than biting the bullet and just bringing it out. For this one, the UK will have to wait until the 17th of June, apparently.

To be honest, I'm probably not going to see it, but the inclusion of 'ACADEMY AWARD WINNER' Helen Hunt on the poster made me chuckle a little bit: trying to elevate the prestige of a film by slotting in a random Oscar winner always rings quite hollow with me.

Sponsored Links