The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
miley810
Assassin

Nature: Jolly
Hi.well I'm writing a big pokemon story.I want u pepz to submit a charecter,that represents u,with all the info u can think of,such as outfit,boy or girl,hair color and eye color (you can even put something like purple or something its free color,skin as in black,white,just dark,cause of being dark complected,tanned,family history,and what starter pokemon they have,and the pokemon choises r:any of the before starters (not counting picachu)tokipi eevee or growlith,if there is any pokemon u realy want ur pokemon trainer to have a pokemon not listed than contect me,I usuly get on everyday,most likly I'll be getting on.I'll post something saying I got enogh charecters when I got enogh,now if I say that and u wern't in time and realy wanted a charecter in my story,then contect me on my page like I said earlyer.If any questons contect me like metoned twice now

Card Captor Sakura ★ April

Miley ★ BFF // Cousin // Siblings
Sig Credit: Fire Heart (thanks sis!)

My vampire brother: ShinyDiamond
My vampire sister: PinkSapphire
My Pair: Nonexistant...Besides anime characters of course

Last edited by miley810; August 13th, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
If you want people to submit characters, I think you would be better off in the roleplay section than here. Most people around Fanfiction and Writing like you to make your own charries, not depend on others'.
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Indeed. It is easier to work with a character if it is your own, as well.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM
miley810
Assassin

so like make carects an seee if anybody wants to be that charecter?

Old September 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Erm... No, not exactly. O_o

See, if you want people to be characters, you've actually got the wrong section. You'll want the roleplay forum in that case. I'd suggest going over there and reading through those threads to get an idea as to how that works.

With fanfiction, however, there's no roleplaying with other writers, so there's no "create a character and see if anyone wants to be them." Everything should be of the author's own creation -- characters, the written parts for them, and all that fun stuff. The reason why is because it's just easier. After all, the person who knows best how a character should be and how that character fits into the plot is the creator, so it's easier to work with a character you've created yourself -- something that represents a piece of your own creativity. That way, you can control the story a bit better (because the character can be created specifically for your storyline), and no one would complain that you screwed up their characterization.

Or in simpler terms, if you want other people to be characters, you'll want the roleplay forum. If you want to write a fanfiction, the best way to avoid stress, drama, and getting driven insane by your readers is to just create the characters yourself because you'd know for certain what their personalities are like and how they would interact in/with the plot. And no one would complain that you didn't get the characterization right.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
miley810
Assassin

Thanks Valentine.I had done pretty much all the storys I've wrote with my cuson fearlesslove having a charecter in them,no kidding.I sorta have a hard time creating charecters but I love to write.Fearlesslove's charecters have always been amazing so I was just giving it a try with everyone else.I'll put a new post up in roleplay and let it run a week or 2 and if nobody posts anything I belive needed then I"ll ask someone to shut it down. thanks valentine!

Old April 5th, 2011, 11:46 AM
miley810
Assassin

I'm going through and getting a bunch of old threads that are NEVER posted on shut down so mods please shut this down

Old April 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

You could have just not posted and this thread would have remained dead.

Ah well. Closed.

Sponsored Links