The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:11 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Wait, so is it some kind of Flash animation that you'd have to wait for a few hours to get the right answer? Stupid email didn't alert me about anything. >:( I had no idea what was going on yesterday until I found out today.

There's no way I'd be able to get in! I mean, if you got it at 4 AM (which is ungodly for me) and it closed after 5 AM, forget it. I might as well wait for October. Does this start at 12AM? Or did you just start looking at the site around 4AM?

I thought it was all based on chance, as only a limited million people can get in. It's also unfair that the answers are posted elsewhere. How can you all get in just like that? That's pretty unfair.

I rather give up now. No need to be up all night just to get into a beta site.
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
The site was updated to give a hint at the time the hint is coming tomorrow. It's anywhere between 4am and 8am EST tomorrow. So if you just go to bed really early and get up early, you'd have as much chance as everyone else. :/ As far as I know, there's a hint posted and you have to look up the answer in the books and modify the URL on the page, then you can register if you're one of the first thousands to do this. Or something like that.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
What house are you in?: Gryffindor
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): 11.5 inches, Oak, Phoenix feather
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: You know, I don't even think that's a real spell. Are you sure you're saying it right?

Took me long enough, but I'm joining!

Speaking of Pottermore, I'm not sure if I'll be able to join before it opens in October or not. I wake up at 6 A.M (Eastern Time) in the morning, but I'm never on the computer until close to 7, and I doubt that's early enough to find the magic quill before the day's chance closes. It sounds easy enough, it's just getting on in time, and so early. If I don't get the chance, then I'll just wait until its opening in October. Although, that seems so far away from today. ):
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
About the Pottermore thing, I decided that I'd just join when all these magic quill shenanigans are over. Besides, these stuff never works for me anyways. I figured out what was the answer to the clue yesterday, yet it really didn't work for some reason. Ahh, such bad luck. ):

And RubyJB88, by the movie stream, I mean live streaming via a website like livestream.com
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Pheonix Feather, Maple, 9 inches
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: YELLOW!
That was fun! I'm hoping I can join!
As for Pottermore, I found the magic quill and registered! Wasn't too hard. I heard there were 1,000,000 spots open so I would be optimistic.

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I've actually decided that even if there are a million spots open for Pottermore, I'm not going to try and get in early. I don't want to take the opportunity away from something who would want it much more than me. I would feel guilty that way if I did that.
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:45 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Hmm, if it's 9am-1pm today, that might mean the question is soon~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
Wait, so is it some kind of Flash animation that you'd have to wait for a few hours to get the right answer? Stupid email didn't alert me about anything. >:( I had no idea what was going on yesterday until I found out today.

There's no way I'd be able to get in! I mean, if you got it at 4 AM (which is ungodly for me) and it closed after 5 AM, forget it. I might as well wait for October. Does this start at 12AM? Or did you just start looking at the site around 4AM?

I thought it was all based on chance, as only a limited million people can get in. It's also unfair that the answers are posted elsewhere. How can you all get in just like that? That's pretty unfair.

I rather give up now. No need to be up all night just to get into a beta site.
I would've given you one of my accounts. But there's a possibility the clue will start later today, so you might get one anyway~

Apparently it started 8am on Sunday, 10am on Monday, so people think it'll be 12pm today.

Last edited by Jorah; August 2nd, 2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:28 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The clue for day three is up on Pottermore.com now, for those interested. It got up at 6:00 EST, so time is probably close to running out by now.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:34 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Hah, I got in. Epic name by the way, NoxBlade146. Shouldn't have complained, I guess. Perhaps it was good to join now--PoA was one of the top favorites in this series.

As for House joining, I'm not as specific or picky about it. I'm borderline Gryffindor-Ravenclaw, so either one would be fine. That is, if some quiz was there.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

You can't find it on the Guardian site with AdBlock enabled, I was stumped for a while ^^ Now I can go out, I was waiting for the site to update so I could leave XD
Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:56 AM
Guy
just a guy

I got in! Nick woke me up 6:00 this morning, right before my alarm had went off. I quickly shuffled downstairs to grab my laptop, ran back up, and turned it on. He told me the answer to the clue, but looking at it, it was really easy. I had finished reading Prisoner of Azkaban only a few days before too, so the book was still fresh in my mind.

I had the same problem as Jorah at first. It lead me to this Children's book site. I had my Ablock enabled so I couldn't see the magical quill anywhere. When I did disable it, it was right there on the side of the screen. I wouldn't say much searching was required at all. Then I waved my wand (A wand wasn't really there, but I find it more appropriate than saying 'moved my touchpad') and the magical quill levitated until a link on the screen showed up.

It was pretty fun. Felt like Christmas morning! I even managed to get my sister to join too; I had to do it for her though. She was too lazy to get up. u__u

But, we both got the e-mail, and now my account is activated! My username is FireboltAuror159. I liked it a lot, and it fit since I'm currently reading the Goblet of Fire. When I get the welcome e-mail in a few weeks, and I have to be housed, I hope I get Gryffindor. I wouldn't be too upset if I was placed into Ravenclaw though.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:18 AM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Such lucky people. ;;
Now I just have to make sure that I have adblock off and I'm set for tomorrow. :D
Even though I decided to not register early, I figured why not do it. The clues will get a bit easier this time around anyways. :D

the activity in this thread has gotten lately makes me tear up tbqh :D
Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro
My username is FireboltAuror159.
Aww, you got lucky with that one! :(

Yeah, for these types of things, it's best to disable Adblock, and Flashblock. I knew that the page it took me to wasn't a trap or a mistake.

The way people are discussing how they brought people over to register, is it me, or was this very easy? It's like, "don't worry about not getting in, because you will". Never mind the fact it's limited to a million people. People I know so far have multiple accounts on it, as if the site opened up already. :/ Maybe it was over-hyped, who knows. Somewhere within this whole ordeal there had to be a "oh if you don't click that validation link within a microsecond, you will not get in" kind of feeling. Or was I just that plain lucky?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I think they're doing this to start the hype, in a similar way Google does. Y'know, make it seem like it's limited access so everyone wants to get in on it. One million hardly seems limited though, or maybe it's just me. If they're doing it equally, its more than 100,000 places each day.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

I definitely felt like I had to rush though. The way I kept hearing people saying it goes by so fast or whatnot, made me feel like if I didn't hurry up this morning, it was going to close on me while in the process of it all. And if I didn't keep tabs on my e-mail, and didn't activate my account right away, I was going to miss it all and have to re-register all over again the next day. Turns out, you're given 48 hours to activate your account...

I will say that the day's clue closed really fast this morning. I woke up at 6 A.M. when I got told it was open, and minutes to 7 this morning, I went back on Pottermore's site after I had activated my account to see it was closed already.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

It's going to suck for those who start this on the 5th and 6th. If they're careless to not activate within 48 hours, too late.

I was up 15 minutes late today! I panicked as I got to the site, but relieved it was still ongoing.

I heard the tests are all made by JKR and are quite difficult. Well, more difficult than these entry tests with the magic quill. So it won't be easy going into your favorite houses! Hufflepuff gets the most flak just because JKR didn't exploit them well enough (so I've heard). Throughout the series we heard most of the other three houses and hardly much from Hufflepuff, except for a student death and Founders relations to the "external backup soul drives" (yeah, those things). So even if those other "quizzes" were biased and ridiculous, I may end up in Slytherin in Pottermore. :/ Which is not necessarily bad, but still...

I was wondering, wouldn't it be more challenging if they gave out a different question from the same book to every person who wanted in? So for GoF, there were a total of, I dunno, five questions, and each were given out as rotation, so everyone didn't have the same answer, and it would be hard to cheat. But I guess that involves a lot of random variables and they didn't have a lot of time to spend on it.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

It's not just that, but other characters have thought the Hufflepuff house as dull and unremarkable. I remember Hagrid saying how they're a bunch of duffers, Malfoy said he'd leave if he were put there and Ron says something, but I can't remember what.

I don't see why those questions should be difficult...The Sorting Hat is supposed to consider what you want, as well...:( Unfair.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

omg...do you need to do all the Pottermore tests?
I only did the first one.
well, if i do get in, then i bet i'd be in Ravenclaw. I'm always put in it in online tests lol.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

No, just answer the question the first time, find the magic quill, and register--you're done. For fun, you can check out what the other questions are for the next few days (which I'm doing).

Interestingly enough, today's question won't appear in the early morning unlike the last three days. The window is from 9AM to 1PM EST.

I've also noticed this, but why are all times in standard time? It should be in daylight time, right? It's so confusing!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Guy
just a guy

For those of you who haven't gotten the chance yet, the fourth clue is up on Pottermore right now.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 06:38 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

I thought the question would tricky, given how it's written, but I guess not. I guess this starts the easy questions from here on out?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Got my registration in for Pottermore.
My username is LightCat201. :3

At first I was confused because the clue for the Quill it redirected me to this Sony Page. @___@

And yeah; the question was pretty simple; well, I was reading Goblet of Fire at the time anyway. xD

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
It's said that in the Q&A section for Pottermore. Days 1-3 will be harder and days 4-7 will be easier to get in. I'm assuming this would be so that the more hardcore Potterheads would get in and show the difference from the crowd or something. :P
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
And...now the registration is closed for today.

That was fast! Like 30 minutes... @___@

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Down to 30 minutes?! Sheesh! It was 57 minutes yesterday. I guess I was right in thinking that the ideal times to get in were the first three days.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links