Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I actually find the thought that there's always more to learn about J.K. Rowling's world than we can ever know about the best part. It truly means that when you think you may know it all, there's something new waiting to be discovered there. It leaves mysteries, questions, ideas, and endless possibilities for the fans to sit and think about. It keeps the fans (us) interested and loyal to the series even though Harry's story has come to an end.

There's always the possibility that J.K. Rowling will pick up on it again; Rowling, herself, said so. Even though she says she won't write another book for the Harry Potter series, she never dismisses the possibility of it.
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:49 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
But wouldn't more exploitation of JKR's world mean that we'll become bored with it, due to excessive milking and hype? I don't want to occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
I think a lot of people want Ravenclaw because as they grow up, they see themselves as sophisticated and smart which is sort of the default view of that house. :P As kids we all probably clung to a different favourite house or thought others were cool. But everyone wants to think they're an academic and wise in the end, haha!
I thought there was more to Ravenclaw than being smart. You had to be pretty witty and/or clever (the dominant trait for Ravenclaw).
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

There is a lot more to Ravenclaw than being smart. In fact, you don't have to be necessarily smart, you just have to have a strong value on intellectual and philosophical matters. Wit is in fact the dominant trait in Ravenclaw (Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure kind of gives that away...), but others include artistic-ness, creativeness, knowledge seeking, inquisitiveness. Learning new things, exploring new ideas and concepts, etc. Having a sort of more than meets the eye approach to facts as well is something that Ravenclaws tend to have. This is the inquisitive nature they have; asking why something is the way it is. Wanting to understand it the best they can. A pet peeve I tend to have is people who associate with Ravenclaw purely with a stereotypical nerd, who score the highest on their tests and are the top of their class.
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Hmm, I never thought of it that way before. I had always just considered Hermione as the "ideal" Ravenclaw and not given it much more thought than that. Well, this just makes Ravenclaw seem even more appealing @~@

There's an interview from BBC News that shows a tiiiiny bit of some of the questions from the Ollivander's Wand questions. The two that you can make out seem really random http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lespwtqCbgA Hmm, if sorting questions are this random, then it'll be hard trying to influence what house you're in :S

Last edited by Jorah; August 9th, 2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

YAAAS! NEW INTERVIEW OF OUR QUEEN!!! I was coming here to post a link to that but you beat me to it. But I did find some other information and some things...

These are the rumored dates that you'll likely be getting welcome emails if you had registered during the Magical Quill promotion:

Day 1 August 8 - 14
Day 2 August 15 - 21
Day 3 August 22 - 28
Day 4 August 29 - September 4
Day 5 September 5 - 11
Day 6 September 12 - 18
Day 7 September 19 - 25

Here are some screens:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; August 9th, 2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
...August 29 to September 4??? Well, at least it's before school starts for me but come September 1, I'll be painting my bedroom in my new house and scrambling to do it before settling in. :s Brb stealing my mom's day 3 account.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 10th, 2011, 05:10 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Interesting...no signs so far of people getting the email. At least for the first day.
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Dang, I need to wait till September 4th. BUT OMG THE SCREENSHOTS LOOK AWESOME!

/totally really wants to get in now.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Where did that time schedule come from? I have't heard anyone get in, either :S I think someone just made it up and it's ended up being posted everywhere, there's no actual source. Going to have to keep an eye on my emails, anyway..
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Well, the first timespan isn't completely up yet but... I do hope the emails start coming soon. I really would prefer getting in before September when school starts so it doesn't suck away all my time. The only reason I really wanted to get into the beta was so that it wouldn't distract me in school. I'd have gladly waited for October otherwise. :/

[b]edit:[b] am talking to a friend on MSN...

(1:28 PM) Alyssa:
*People are getting Pottermore emails!
(1:28 PM)    Erica     ♥ (Sort of Around):
*Really?
*They say accounts will be validated betwen mid-August and the end of September
*^between
*and allowed entry

tumblrtwitter

Last edited by Cherrim; August 10th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old August 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I got an email earlier!!

Spoiler:
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I got an email earlier!!

Spoiler:
Can't say I'm not jealous, but I'm hoping to be accepted.

Tell us what it's like when you get in, yea?:)
My melted heart remains
As I painfully cover my permanent wounds
Somewhere in the city that flies by
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I imagine they're sending those emails to everyone who registered last week... right? Right? D: The wording makes it seem like only some of the people who made accounts will get in early, lmao. ;~;

tumblrtwitter

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I got the same email today, Pachisou. Recieved only 2 hours ago :O Edit: Actually, I got it yesterday, too, read it wrong. Interestingly, I only got it for one of the accounts I made; the one for day 2, not day 3. They're probably not going to send them all out at the same time, rather than only some people with early accounts get early access.

Last edited by Jorah; August 11th, 2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Why does everyone need more than one Pottermore account anyway? It's not like you're going to be using all of them. :/

But I was hoping it'd be more like how Nick mentioned before, about the earlier the day you signed up on the earlier you'd get your Pottermore acceptance email. It'd be more for those Hardcore Potterheads that get in earlier. :)
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Funny enough @pottermore on Twitter just updated their status about said e-mail.

Link (http://twitter.com/#!/pottermore/statuses/101609038508326912)

The worst part of this is the waiting. I would hope not to get my Welcome e-mail near the end of September or else it would have just made sense I joined when it opens publicly in October seeing it would be so close. The way I see it, they're going to be going by the days. Day 1 registries will get in first, then Day 2, Day 3 and so on.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

That would totally be a better and much better way of really showing that those who "got" accounts gets "early" access. Because if the accounts get validated at around mid-September, then I'd rather have joined during the official release of Pottermore. :/
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Mmm yeah, if you're waiting until September it'd be horrible waiting for that long and wondering. With my luck, I'm going to get in September just after I start college...>_> It'd be super nice if I could get it this or next week while I'm on holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
Why does everyone need more than one Pottermore account anyway? It's not like you're going to be using all of them. :/
"Everyone"? Me? I made a second because I want to go into a house I like. And now there is a needy child out there who did not get their 3000th account. I'd like to give them my personal apologies.
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:08 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Wait, isn't that email the same as after validating? I remember I had that similar one, with the "please check your inbox for our Welcome email". I got it right after I validated the link.

So you got your confirmation email just yesterday. I almost had a panic attack. :o
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Mmm yeah, if you're waiting until September it'd be horrible waiting for that long and wondering. With my luck, I'm going to get in September just after I start college...>_> It'd be super nice if I could get it this or next week while I'm on holiday.

"Everyone"? Me? I made a second because I want to go into a house I like. And now there is a needy child out there who did not get their 3000th account. I'd like to give them my personal apologies.
It's not just you though, everyone makes a bunch of accounts andjust get accepted into the house you want. If this was real and you were sorted into Hufflepuff you wouldn't be able to call do-overs to try something else.
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:23 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

I got mine an hour after my last post here. -_- Seems like a "second" confirmation email. When they sent out the first one, that was right after the validation, on that day. This one marks the total tally of all seven days, just to get the head count. I thought it was some kind of cut.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
That kind of undermines the whole point of an extensive sorting. 9_9 If they wanted people to pick houses they wanted, they'd just have it as a dropdown list in the registration form. I mean, I won't deny that if I get into a house I dislike, I'll probably be reregistering when gen reg opens up but... well, I guess it doesn't matter. :( But I know a lot of people who actually did delete any extra accounts they got to open them up for other people. (I still have an inkling that the last day's reg stayed open until the very end of the possible timeframe, though, regardless of the amount of registrations, so I doubt it matters at all.)

tumblrtwitter

Old August 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning
But I know a lot of people who actually did delete any extra accounts they got to open them up for other people.
See, this is the right thing to do. I find it immature to get as many accounts as you can just so you get into the House you want. If I ended up in Hufflepuff or Slytherin, I wouldn't really care at that point. All that matters is that I got in.
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

To each his own. Play the game the way it makes it fun for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

It's not just you though, everyone makes a bunch of accounts andjust get accepted into the house you want. If this was real and you were sorted into Hufflepuff you wouldn't be able to call do-overs to try something else.
If this were "real" then I'd get my chance to say I didn't like a house @~@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
That kind of undermines the whole point of an extensive sorting. 9_9 If they wanted people to pick houses they wanted, they'd just have it as a dropdown list in the registration form. I mean, I won't deny that if I get into a house I dislike, I'll probably be reregistering when gen reg opens up but... well, I guess it doesn't matter. :( But I know a lot of people who actually did delete any extra accounts they got to open them up for other people. (I still have an inkling that the last day's reg stayed open until the very end of the possible timeframe, though, regardless of the amount of registrations, so I doubt it matters at all.)
Yeah, so you'd re-register. Other people I know made second accounts incase they got in a specific house they disliked, I thought it seemed a good idea and did the same. Oh well.

Last edited by Jorah; August 12th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Zeffy
mischief managed

I got that...mail thing that Patchisou aslo got. I'm so excited now! :3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links