Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2011 (06:25 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Wow, I'm totally unsure on a Harry Potter anime. I don't want that to spoil the show or anything. If one were to be made though it'd have to be executed perfectly or something, so I'd be against it. I'd prefer to see something like a short spin-off to see what's happening in the land of London and magic, like what Harry's been up to, and the life of Hogwarts now, seeing Neville as the Herbology teacher and stuff. :)
Old September 3rd, 2011 (07:23 PM).
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote originally posted by Alternative:
Wow, I'm totally unsure on a Harry Potter anime. I don't want that to spoil the show or anything. If one were to be made though it'd have to be executed perfectly or something, so I'd be against it. I'd prefer to see something like a short spin-off to see what's happening in the land of London and magic, like what Harry's been up to, and the life of Hogwarts now, seeing Neville as the Herbology teacher and stuff. :)
That was what I intend to see in the anime too, if it were to happen.
Old September 4th, 2011 (07:40 AM). Edited September 4th, 2011 by Jorah.
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I got my Pottermore email earlier :D My overall opinion so far is that it is not as great as everyone seems to be saying, but I do love the extra information so much. I'm glad that I got it before I start college, anyway.

My wand: 10 3/4 inches, beech, unicorn, unbending

And I got sorted into Ravenclaw :DDD I would've been happy with either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, though. Reading through the house description, I really do think I fit as a Ravenclaw now. I do really like the description for my beech wand, too.

Spoiler:
The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation.
Old September 4th, 2011 (02:34 PM). Edited September 4th, 2011 by Patchisou Yutohru.
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

@Jorah: Sooo jealous of your wood.

Harry Potter anime? Absolutely not!
...Not that JK Rowling would ever approve of it to begin with, though.

I have some questions!
a. What is your opinion of people who call themselves fans, but never bothered to read the books?
b. Do you believe that the books and movies are comparable?
c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least?
d. Do you re-(re-)read the series?
Old September 4th, 2011 (02:57 PM).
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
a. Well, they're still fans to me, simple as that. You can be a fan by just watching the movies, what's wrong with it?
b. To a certain extent, yes. However, where the boundaries of literature and cinema's begin, that's where we stop comparing them.
c. Hm, tough question. But here goes: 7/1/5/2/6/3/4
d. Of course. And with the appropriate order, once every summer, when I have the time.
Old September 4th, 2011 (04:45 PM).
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Nature: Relaxed
a. What is your opinion of people who call themselves fans, but never bothered to read the books?
Well, I know they can be a fan without having read the books... cause I know someone like that. But still, the books are better than the movies so they should read them!
b. Do you believe that the books and movies are comparable? Yes... a bit...
c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least? 3,5,1,7,2,6,4
d. Do you re-(re-)read the series? YEAH!!! :D :D
Old September 4th, 2011 (05:28 PM).
Rocket Grunt Cali
Prepare for trouble!

Nature: Sassy
Not real fans. Period. If you love Harry Potter so much, why are you only bothering to learn half the story? (My sister is like this and it makes me REALLY angry, I'm sorry)

Not one bit. The movies cut out SO much (and to a point, it's understandable, but some of it, like the fact that the biggest plotline of PoA, is just ridiculous) that a lot of people who haven't read them can't even follow along.

c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least?
4, 5, 3, 7, 2, 1, 6

My copies of the first four are falling apart from being read so often, and the other three are getting there XD

Sorry if I offended anyone, by the way. People who call themselves fans OR say they hate something without actually knowing about a majority of it drive me up a wall. And I really can't stand the 3rd, 4th, and 6th movies.

~We're Team Rocket and we fight for what's wrong
For mayhem and madness and rare Pokemon~
Old September 5th, 2011 (04:58 AM).
Zeffy

They're still fans. Nothing changes that.

To an extent, yes. But really these are two different canons that has different boundaries.

Seven, Five, Three, Four, Two, One

Everytime I can, yes. :P
Old September 5th, 2011 (05:19 AM).
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

I can't believe I haven't joined this club yet. D: Ever since I watched Deathly Hallows part 2, I've come back to the HP fandom. I really love this series after all. <3

May I join? :3
Old September 5th, 2011 (06:32 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Dunno how you can like the films with their huge plot holes, but whatever you like. It just means you have to explain everything to them after the film @~@

They are comparable. Whether one is better than the other is another question XD The books are better for their more filled out story.

I've never really had a favourite, I just like the series as a whole. I suppose my least favourite were the 5th and 6th. Worst parts on the whole were in the 7th book when they were travelling and nothing was happening.

I used to. I used to keep a count. I have read books 1-4 the most, 5th three or four times, 6th about twice, 7th twice.
Old September 5th, 2011 (06:40 AM).
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote originally posted by Zeffy:
Seven, Five, Three, Four, Two, One
Hey what happened to the sixth book? xD
Quote originally posted by Neiko Star:
I can't believe I haven't joined this club yet. D: Ever since I watched Deathly Hallows part 2, I've come back to the HP fandom. I really love this series after all. <3

May I join? :3
There's no reason for you not to lol.
Although I guess you're
Old September 5th, 2011 (06:47 AM).
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Hawthorn, 12 inches, Unicorn hair
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: ...into a Taillow.
Old September 5th, 2011 (06:56 AM). Edited September 5th, 2011 by Xyrin.
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
They can be fans but they can't be true fans until they read the books. The films just don't come close.
Not really. Too different.
2, 7, 4, 5, 6, 3, 1
Not yet sadly. But I was going to check them out at the library but the only Sorcerers stone they have is taped together and crap. So I'm going to get them from my uncle.

I normally never re-read books because I have such good comprehension when I read them it's just no fun. I usually know nearly every tiny part and it makes it so I can't read it with any enjoyment at all. But it's been quite a few years since I read them.

Actually I finished Book 6 two years ago from yesterday. I was at a family Reunion and almost done so I read the whole time. :)

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old September 5th, 2011 (10:08 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Who's everyone's favorite and least favorite character?
Old September 5th, 2011 (10:29 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
My favourite characters:

Hermione, Luna, Neville, Snape, Hagrid, Harry, and Ron.

My least favorite character?

Dolores Umbridge.
The punishments she gave to the students; her sadism annoyed me. :(

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old September 5th, 2011 (10:43 AM).
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

My favorite characters are probably Harry, Luna, Neville, and Snape. Though I like Ron and Hermione too. And Sirius, maybe? And...gah, I like too many characters, just go with the first four. XD

Rita Skeeter and Umbridge annoy me a lot, but they're supposed to do that, and they got what was coming to them anyway. The character I like least would be...oh, I know. Muriel.
Old September 5th, 2011 (11:56 AM).
Rocket Grunt Cali
Prepare for trouble!

Favorites: Sirius, Lupin, Bellatrix, Lucius, Scabior, Luna, and Tonks

Least favorites: Snape (yes, even after The Prince's Tale), Pettigrew, Hermione, Draco
I actually kind of like Umbridge, but I think A Very Potter Sequel may be to blame for that, lol

Old September 5th, 2011 (12:15 PM).
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by JalordaSerpent7:
What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand Description: Core: Walnut | Length: 10.5 inches | Core: Dragon Heartstring
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow: Don't know what this is.
Am I in this club? I looked on the first post, and I'm not there.
Old September 5th, 2011 (01:35 PM).
Truality
Left for good

I only favor two characters above others: Dumbledore (avatar) and Hagrid. Pure wisdom and pure heart.

Least favorite? That'd be Lucius Malfoy. He's a cruel, cunning, cowardly, pathetic minion that can't stand up on his own. He only relies on his status to get things through.
Old September 5th, 2011 (03:56 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Another question, yayayaya!

When you read the books, after watching the movies, do you picture the trio as Emma, Rupert and Daniel, or do you picture your own "physical" interpretations of them?
Old September 5th, 2011 (04:12 PM).
Rocket Grunt Cali
Prepare for trouble!

I mostly use my own physical interpretations, but my Harry and Hermione are strongly influenced by Darren Criss and Bonnie Gruesen (from A Very Potter Musical and its Sequel, if anyone's seen them on youtube. If not, watch them, they're totally awesome!)

Old September 5th, 2011 (04:25 PM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Ok, now I am officially antsy of not receiving my Welcome email, now that a majority have gotten theirs. What random setting does that site have?? It better not be my email account sending it all to spam, but I highly doubt that since all Pottermore emails went to my inbox anyway. How much time is left? Doesn't it end September 10th? I've like, 5 days left. :(

Basic fans, not the enthusiastic fans that we are. We're at the "pro"/amateur level while they're at the very bottom (of this hierarchy).

In some ways, yes. Depends on what specific scene you're looking at.

I actually had to look at all the book covers just to get an idea. XD 7, 5, 3, 6, 4, 1, 2. Again, this does not mean that the latter four books were my least-favorites, just making that clear.

Who wouldn't? XP

Who's everyone's favorite and least favorite character?

The trio, Snape, Dumbledore, the Marauders, Gred and Forge, Neville, Luna, the other Heads of Houses, Lucius Malfoy (thanks to Jason Isaacs for the brilliant acting!), yes even Voldemort (to some extent).

I didn't like Slughorn, Bella, rest of the Death Eaters, Cho, Zacharias Smith XD

That's all I can think of, at the moment.
Old September 5th, 2011 (05:52 PM).
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Today, I made some Harry Potter tags that can be found in my gallery. But, I'll put them here, too:

Hope you like them!
Old September 5th, 2011 (08:35 PM).
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
What house are you in?: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Ash; 10 3/4 in; Unicorn; Hard
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow~

Old September 6th, 2011 (02:43 AM).
Zeffy

Welcome to the club Diamond1304. i've never seen a house like that before. ever

When it comes to favourite/least favourite characters, I can't really answer that since being a big fan and all, it's hard for me to decide.

And when it comes to representations, since I first saw the movie before I started to read the books, I mostly picture the trio and Dumbledore as the actors who portrayed them in the first movie. I don't really care about the other characters as much, they're mostly just blank faced when I imagine about them. xD

And I imagined Voldemort as a snake with a large beak. Yeah, I don't really know what's going on my mind tbqh.

Sponsored Links