The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #451    
Old September 6th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Grunt Cali View Post
I mostly use my own physical interpretations, but my Harry and Hermione are strongly influenced by Darren Criss and Bonnie Gruesen (from A Very Potter Musical and its Sequel, if anyone's seen them on youtube. If not, watch them, they're totally awesome!)
Uuuughhh, that Daniel Radcliffe shadow. u___u
I've identified with mostly all of your replies up until now. :(
Reply With Quote
  #452    
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy
bowties are cool
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Meh, I didn't really like AVPM. Nor any other musicals for that matter. I just..don't. So when you say Darren Criss I always think of Glee.
__________________
insert 'yo mama' joke here
Reply With Quote
  #453    
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
I loved AVPM, but when I think of Darren Criss, I think of Glee too. And then, because of that, I immediately classify Darren Criss as a shadow of Daniel Radcliffe. Especially after a tweet he made about (insert whoever played Ron in AVPM) meeting Rupert and how he didn't even get a chance to meet Daniel yet. He just irks me so much, and I really can't pinpoint why because I know he's personally a huge Potterhead.
Reply With Quote
  #454    
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Just a question, how many of us are on Pottermore? I'm AurorGalleon16 there. I sure hope dueling comes back up. x3
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #455    
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
I am! I don't log on much anymore, after all the excitement of it died down, though.
Reply With Quote
  #456    
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Rocket Grunt Cali's Avatar
Rocket Grunt Cali
Prepare for trouble!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Under your bed
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
I'm a huge musical nerd, and I loved AVPM (not a Glee fan, though, ugh. Lived through high school myself, thank you!). Sorry if I made anyone mad with that D:

I got into Pottermore, but I STILL haven't gotten my welcome email. If it ever comes, though, I'm MoonstoneGalleon55
__________________
Cali's PokePet
Vixen the Vulpix!

~We're Team Rocket and we fight for what's wrong
For mayhem and madness and rare Pokemon~
Reply With Quote
  #457    
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru
I am! I don't log on much anymore, after all the excitement of it died down, though.
You mean in terms of beta testing? Or the whole experience?
Reply With Quote
  #458    
Old September 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
You mean in terms of beta testing? Or the whole experience?
He meant the former, I guess.

Well there's not much to be done whilst dueling is down. Merely brewing and collecting items. Darn, now Slytherin's in the lead. Ta ta while I brew for my fellow Ravens~ :D
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #459    
Old September 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
You mean in terms of beta testing? Or the whole experience?
After you get sorted, the novelty of it all sort of disappears. The tidbits of information on the backstory and other information of it is interesting and all, and I get excited when I read them (especially three in particular), but there really isn't that much of it. I highly anticipate the release of the second book part of the site, but until then - like Diamond said - there isn't much to do. It takes less than two hours to work your way to the end of the first book, probably less, and after that it's just there.
Reply With Quote
  #460    
Old September 7th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Yeah, I completely agree. And I don't have the time (or memory o.O) to do potions that take hours long, so after I've found all the items there's no reason to go on. Except from everyone sends out millions of random friend requests. People must search through thousands of comments to add every single person, because I don't get why I'm still getting them o.O

And someone added me who is in the same house, and has the exact same wand as me o______o Except theirs is 1/4 longer...otherwise...weird...there's another me out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Well there's not much to be done whilst dueling is down. Merely brewing and collecting items. Darn, now Slytherin's in the lead. Ta ta while I brew for my fellow Ravens~ :D
I'm in Ravenclaw, too :)
Reply With Quote
  #461    
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Xyrin's Avatar
Xyrin
Furret
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern Indiana, USA
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Ugh I STILL haven't got my email yet! How long is it supposed to take? Almost everyone has theirs. ;_;
__________________

Furret


The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Reply With Quote
  #462    
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304
Well there's not much to be done whilst dueling is down. Merely brewing and collecting items.
Oh, collecting items is fun for me. Any RPG, including Pokemon, I love collecting items, even if it's pointless (as long as it has a resell value!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru
After you get sorted, the novelty of it all sort of disappears. The tidbits of information on the backstory and other information of it is interesting and all, and I get excited when I read them (especially three in particular), but there really isn't that much of it. I highly anticipate the release of the second book part of the site, but until then - like Diamond said - there isn't much to do. It takes less than two hours to work your way to the end of the first book, probably less, and after that it's just there.
Based on the introduction video JKR did, what do you think so far of the setup she has done? Has it fulfilled your expectations? Could she have done more?
Reply With Quote
  #463    
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy
bowties are cool
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I'm on the same boat as Xyrin here, still haven't got my email. Gah, this makes me so jealous that some of you are already bored of Pottermore! ):
__________________
insert 'yo mama' joke here
Reply With Quote
  #464    
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Haha, I have to say I'm now bored of it.
I have 391 house points, any got anything higher ;) ?
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Reply With Quote
  #465    
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy
bowties are cool
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Well hopefully it would get better once it's fully released, that way you won't be that bored with it. :3
__________________
insert 'yo mama' joke here
Reply With Quote
  #466    
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
mzmingle
Okay What?...
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoenn
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
another question.
Have any of you seen Chamber of Secrets forum? do you like it? have you found any more Harry potter websites?
Reply With Quote
  #467    
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Hooray! I finally got mine! And thanks to everyone else for spoilering that they're bored with the site. Time to see what surprises are in store for me.
Reply With Quote
  #468    
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
Hooray! I finally got mine! And thanks to everyone else for spoilering that they're bored with the site. Time to see what surprises are in store for me.
Same with me, I finally got mine earlier today!

I'm at the point where I completed my sorting. Before I get into the details of my wand and what House I'm in, I'm just going to express my opinion on Pottermore thus far. First off, I was excited through the whole process. I waited so long for my e-mail to come and avoided nearly all spoilers, that I was just so relieved to have early access to the site and get to see where I fit into it. I love it when new tidbits of information is available; that's part of the fun. It's great to see the back story of some of the characters and objects, some of which might surprise you. I basically favored everything about wands. Overall it's pretty basic, as you go along chapter by chapter through the first book (only one available so far) you learn new details that were not mentioned in the book as well as information you already know. That's all I've done so far other than have my wand choose me and get sorted. I still have yet to brew any potions and stuff like that.

I think that pretty much covers my thoughts on Pottermore so far though and what I've experienced. Now, onto my wand and my House!
Wand
English Oak, Dragon Heartstring Core, 12 1/2 in, Slightly Springy
I have to say, my core and type of wood reflect on who I am as a person really well. I also love the details on my type of wood. I won't say anything more than that, but when you get there, you'll probably have the same reaction I had when reading up on all the woods.

As for where the sorting hat placed me, that would be Slytherin!!! I answered completely honest, but reflecting back on my questions and my answers, I guess it does fit. The House Welcoming letter was pretty nice and it gave me a different look on the Slytherin House. To be quite honest, I was mostly shocked rather than disappointed when I got my results. I guess I can't say I'm surprised to be placed into Slytherin as I do have some of their attributes, but I really wasn't expecting it. I was too worried about being put into Hufflepuff, haha. The only thing I think the test for sorting should have included were a few personality questions ─ unless you consider your choices a reflection of your personality.

When October comes around, I want to make at least two more accounts to see which house I get placed into again (Maybe one of them will be Gryffindor!), but for right now I'm pretty satisfied at where I am currently. Plus, I have Nick to keep me company. We're roomies (almost twins if you look at it) now!

While I'm at it, perhaps I can update my original entry to match my Pottermore details.

What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core)
: English Oak, 12 1/2 in, Dragon Heartstring Core, Slightly Springy

I will note that after reviewing my questions and answers between the Wand quiz and Sorting, I noticed that I answered very similarly without consciously knowing it. I don't know if it was just me, but it sort of worked out that way on its own.

For example:
Spoiler:
I had a question asking what I would hate to be called by people to which I answered "Ordinary". In my wand quiz, I had a question asking what I take pride in the most about myself, to which I answered "Originality."


And if you want to see screenshots of my test questions from both the wand test and sorting, you can click this link and check them all out. Be warned, if you don't want to be spoiled and rather wait to see it on your own, don't click it! LINK
Reply With Quote
  #469    
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmingle View Post
another question.
Have any of you seen Chamber of Secrets forum? do you like it? have you found any more Harry potter websites?
Nope, the book is yet to open till October. If your thinking of common room chat sites, then yes. I hang out with my fellow Eagles in our Ravenclaw common room of intellectual. XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Same with me, I finally got mine earlier today!

I'm at the point where I completed my sorting. Before I get into the details of my wand and what House I'm in, I'm just going to express my opinion on Pottermore thus far. First off, I was excited through the whole process. I waited so long for my e-mail to come and avoided nearly all spoilers, that I was just so relieved to have early access to the site and get to see where I fit into it. I love it when new tidbits of information is available; that's part of the fun. It's great to see the back story of some of the characters and objects, some of which might surprise you. I basically favored everything about wands. Overall it's pretty basic, as you go along chapter by chapter through the first book (only one available so far) you learn new details that were not mentioned in the book as well as information you already know. That's all I've done so far other than have my wand choose me and get sorted. I still have yet to brew any potions and stuff like that.

I think that pretty much covers my thoughts on Pottermore so far though and what I've experienced. Now, onto my wand and my House!
Wand
English Oak, Dragon Heartstring Core, 12 1/2 in, Slightly Springy
I have to say, my core and type of wood reflect on who I am as a person really well. I also love the details on my type of wood. I won't say anything more than that, but when you get there, you'll probably have the same reaction I had when reading up on all the woods.

As for where the sorting hat placed me, that would be Slytherin!!! I answered completely honest, but reflecting back on my questions and my answers, I guess it does fit. The House Welcoming letter was pretty nice and it gave me a different look on the Slytherin House. To be quite honest, I was mostly shocked rather than disappointed when I got my results. I guess I can't say I'm surprised to be placed into Slytherin as I do have some of their attributes, but I really wasn't expecting it. I was too worried about being put into Hufflepuff, haha. The only thing I think the test for sorting should have included were a few personality questions ─ unless you consider your choices a reflection of your personality.

When October comes around, I want to make at least two more accounts to see which house I get placed into again (Maybe one of them will be Gryffindor!), but for right now I'm pretty satisfied at where I am currently. Plus, I have Nick to keep me company. We're roomies (almost twins if you look at it) now!

While I'm at it, perhaps I can update my original entry to match my Pottermore details.

What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core)
: English Oak, 12 1/2 in, Dragon Heartstring Core, Slightly Springy

I will note that after reviewing my questions and answers between the Wand quiz and Sorting, I noticed that I answered very similarly without consciously knowing it. I don't know if it was just me, but it sort of worked out that way on its own.

For example:
Spoiler:
I had a question asking what I would hate to be called by people to which I answered "Ordinary". In my wand quiz, I had a question asking what I take pride in the most about myself, to which I answered "Originality."


And if you want to see screenshots of my test questions from both the wand test and sorting, you can click this link and check them all out. Be warned, if you don't want to be spoiled and rather wait to see it on your own, don't click it! LINK
Oh my goodness, welcome!!! XD So we'll be in intense competition eh? I hope you didn't collect those items until you were sorted, that way you'll earn points from your house when you return to get them in the early chapters. ;P
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #470    
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmingle View Post
another question.
Have any of you seen Chamber of Secrets forum? do you like it? have you found any more Harry potter websites?
I'm a member there. It doesn't interest me at all. I've yet to come across a Harry Potter forum that I have any interest in going to. They all died out in '08.
Reply With Quote
  #471    
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmingle View Post
another question.
Have any of you seen Chamber of Secrets forum? do you like it? have you found any more Harry potter websites?
Ohh I used to go to that one *years* ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

And if you want to see screenshots of my test questions from both the wand test and sorting, you can click this link and check them all out. Be warned, if you don't want to be spoiled and rather wait to see it on your own, don't click it! LINK
[/FONT]
I noticed some of my answers for the wand quiz tied in with the sorting one, as well. Although, I got a few different questions than those you made screenshots of.
Reply With Quote
  #472    
Old September 9th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
For people who read the books: What film are you least satisfied with? What film are you most satisfied with?
Reply With Quote
  #473    
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Truality
Left for good
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
For people who read the books: What film are you least satisfied with? What film are you most satisfied with?
The Half blood Prince. I don't exactly know why but it's the only film that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it, therefore having watched it only a couple of times. It has nothing to do with interpretation, I went to see the movies because I wanted to see a different approach of the HP universe. Little going to the performances, little going to the scenery and atmosphere, it's just that it felt off to me, compared to the others.

The first movie was the one I was most satisfied with, though. I was a lot younger when I saw it for the first time and it really felt like a GREAT movie, even now, trying to disregard the books, of course.
__________________
This is my December . . .
Reply With Quote
  #474    
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro
Same with me, I finally got mine earlier today!
Oh you just joined? Heh, what a coincidence. In fact, you're the first to accept my friend requests. :)

I'm enjoying it too, dunno what you all mean by it "losing its luster". Sure, the info is what we already knew, but we're obviously going to get more (hence Pottermore). I really had fun with Chapter 5. I'm sure JKR is going to a do lot of that, cause it was very interactive. And it's what the fans want.

For people who read the books: What film are you least satisfied with? What film are you most satisfied with?

GoF. Absolutely terrible.

DH Part 1. Best of the series, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #475    
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Rocket Grunt Cali's Avatar
Rocket Grunt Cali
Prepare for trouble!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Under your bed
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
I haven't gotten my welcome email yet either T.T Come on, Pottermore! D:

Which film are you least satisfied with?
WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WAS THE POINT OF CUTTING OUT THE MAIN PLOT OF PRISONER OF AZKABAN AND FILLING IT WITH BIRDS GETTING KILLED BY THE WILLOW?! *rages forever* I wasn't overly thrilled with Half Blood Prince, either.

Which film are you most satisfied with?
Both halves of Deathly Hallows- splitting it in two like that was a BRILLIANT move that allowed them to keep most of the things that I was worried about. I only had two things that bothered me out of both movies, when I have a friggin NOVEL on things I hate about each of the others.

Spoiler:
Those two things were that Wormtail survived and that Neville wasn't on fire when he killed Nagini.
__________________
Cali's PokePet
Vixen the Vulpix!

~We're Team Rocket and we fight for what's wrong
For mayhem and madness and rare Pokemon~
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.