The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Zeffy
doddleoddle

Goblet of Fire movie. I was just asdfgjkl with it. The movie could've been better at various ways. ;;

And I was pretty much satisfied with the rest. :3
to be adored by him
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
I hope you didn't collect those items until you were sorted, that way you'll earn points from your house when you return to get them in the early chapters. ;P
Sadly, the earlier collectable items I did. I wish I had known this before though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
Oh you just joined? Heh, what a coincidence. In fact, you're the first to accept my friend requests. :)

I'm enjoying it too, dunno what you all mean by it "losing its luster". Sure, the info is what we already knew, but we're obviously going to get more (hence Pottermore). I really had fun with Chapter 5. I'm sure JKR is going to a do lot of that, cause it was very interactive. And it's what the fans want.
What is your Pottermore name by the way? I got like five friend requests on the same day I got in, and I didn't know who they were except for two of them. That said, if anyone would like to add me, my name is FireboltAuror159. Just let me know if you do, so I know who you are.

I knew something felt like it was missing before, but it wasn't until I read the comments that I realized, background music would be really nice to have! And I really do hope there's more interaction later on. I've already completed Philosopher's Stone though, so all there's left for me to do now is find any items I might have missed, brew more potions, and if I want practice some spells so I get the hang of it when Dueling is available again.

For people who read the books: What film are you least satisfied with? What film are you most satisfied with?
I'm probably least satisfied with Goblet of Fire. The rest of the movies compared to the books I enjoyed, but the Goblet of Fire could have done more and not change some of the things around. As for which film I'm most satisfied with, that would be Order of the Phoenix, because it is the one movie I favor the most and enjoy watching, and also Deathly Hallows Part II.

Also, in Prisoner of Azkaban, I really wish they had put in the final quidditch match for the cup. It was so intense in the book and so well written, that I couldn't believe the movie didn't include it.
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:08 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
NoxBlade146. Heh, I have renamed the people I know.

I will Sort myself tomorrow, as I feel a bit tired to do it now.
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Sadly, the earlier collectable items I did. I wish I had known this before though!
I know right! They should so credit us...

Add me up if you want, I'm AurorGalleon16, Ravenclaw and proud~!

Old September 11th, 2011, 01:48 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
I'm in Gryffindor!!! Oh the Gods agree...no more do I have to say it just for the sake of saying it and no proof...and I'm not gonna make multiple accounts either!

Spoiler:
Although, I'm visibly upset that we got the worst welcome letter. Or is JKR purposely putting Gryffindor in a bad light now? Still doesn't mean that we should get the least amount of information just because it's all the book. I still want to know about the other wizards and witches that lived in these rooms as students. Did they explain the winds surrounding Gryffindor Tower? Still pouting.

EDIT: Why did this post twice?? -_-

Last edited by RubyJB88; September 11th, 2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

That's why I originally didn't want to be in Gryffindor. The welcome letter is absolutely terrible and wasn't what I would have expected. Just because the books focus on Gryffindor doesn't mean most people truly understand it, the traits, and the characteristics that make up a Gryffindor. Though, Godric Gryffindor wouldn't be mentioned apart from "he's the founder" kind of things. That stuff would go in his own biography page.
Old September 11th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I've come to the conclusion that Ms. Rowling's people have forgotten all about me and I will have to register when the place opens to the public in October like the commoner casual fans

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 11th, 2011, 07:11 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Well, it's not the one thing that's gonna turn me down. After all we should always keep in our minds that this is still in beta, so by October we'd be getting our worth in information. I guess JKR did a head start on the others because that needed a lot of focus than Gryffindor for the time being.

But it's not just Dumbledore and Gryffindor on there. There's plenty of wizards and witches that have done good in that House.

Quote:
That's why I originally didn't want to be in Gryffindor. The welcome letter is absolutely terrible and wasn't what I would have expected.
You're glad not to be in Gryffindor, but shocked to be in Slytherin? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu
I've come to the conclusion that Ms. Rowling's people have forgotten all about me and I will have to register when the place opens to the public in October like the commoner casual fans
Aww, don't worry, you've still got two weeks for it to come in. I know that sounds hard to say when even I was getting frantic and thought that I'd never get mine. Patience is a true virtue!
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

My second account got in and I'm convinced that this one is more accurate.

My wand: Holly with Dragon Heartstring, 11 1/2 inches, supple.
I was sorted into Gryffindor.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:54 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

So...which one will you use? Forgot what your other wand was.
Old September 14th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I haven't decided yet. I know I'm going to end up deleting one of them because I only want one account for this. I have too many accounts on too many sites to keep track of if I keep them all. I like my wand a lot more and I like the fact that I was sorted into Gryffindor on this account, but I like the fact that I registered on Day 1 on my first account.
Old September 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

I guess people would be lucky that their names are all anonymous, so they'd never be able to connect one account to another and it's the same person.
Old September 17th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Zeffy
doddleoddle

Ugh, I don't think I'm all up for Pottermore anymore. It was giving me a lot of excitement around the time it was first announced but now, I'm quite bored of it already despite not having experienced it yet. ):
to be adored by him
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
^ I'm actually not posting on this club much because of Pottermore. I'm waiting until October for that.

So putting that aside, may I initiate a new 'poll' discussion?

What do you think it'd be like if you were part of the Weasley family? Would you like it/not? What would you, as a person, add to the Weasleys?
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

It would be way too crowded @~@ And all those brothers...
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Zeffy
doddleoddle

I would like to be a Weasley, yes! It has been an ever fantasy of mine to be called a Weasley! I do love being in quite a big family, having and especially having twin brothers! Oh god, I've been wishing for a twin sibling ever since the beginning of time!
to be adored by him
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I would not like being a Weasley. :( I don't think I'd manage as well with a ton of siblings and I... kind of like being upper middle class, thank you. 8D;

(Also I got into Pottermore last week, guys! Couldn't explore it much until yesterday due to no internet but I got into Ravenclaw which was what I figured I would get into. n_n)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old September 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
I don't think I'd be able to handle that many siblings. O.o

And...woah. I haven't cried like this for ages. http://sciathan-file.livejournal.com/69180.html This is really one of the best fics I've ever read.

Oh god Hedwig's part. ; A ;
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

I suppose you do get bored of it once you're done exploring the book. I'll keep my patience as long as I can.
Old September 19th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Still no email from Pottermore - I think I've just totally given up at this point. Oh well, I may not even bother with Pottermore at all - Patchisou linked me to that spoiler blog on MSN anyway so I'll just go on that and find out all the cool things I want to know.

Anyway, I've posted another Potter thread in Culture & Media which you should all check out and reply to! I was going to ask the questions here, but I think it fits better there where more people have access to it because it's about something larger and broader than Harry Potter as well.

Old September 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm waiting for October to come around and then I'll join again. Since completing The Philospher's Stone, I've rarely came back to do anything else. I mean I could spend the time brewing potions, but I'd like to build House Points for the house I believe I truly belong in; Gryffindor. I tried accepting the fact that I was placed into Slytherin, but I really can't see myself there. I just hope that when I go back I can get a great wand like I got the first time around. Oh, and hopefully I'll be placed into Gryffindor at the same time of course. I may be okay if I were to get Ravenclaw though.

On another note, I'm really upset with the feedback set up. There's so many specific things I'd like to suggest, that their feedback page doesn't help at all.

@ShiningRaichu It took me a few takes to get my answer right in your thread, but I think I got my message across well enough!
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Yeah, the feedback thing is *really* annoying. I can't remember what I thought of before, but it was stuff like potions glitch sometimes, but not all the time, or being able to reply to comments and the other person gets a notification, and stuff like that.
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

I'm not going to make another account when October rolls by. I'm perfectly happy where I am. I wish I could join my compatriots and start racking up points though.
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Inkpuddle
Tiro Finale!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Inkpuddle
Join?

What house are you in?: Hufflepuff. I don't know what any of the other houses are like on Pottermore, but I absolutely love mine.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Sycamore, 9 3/4" in length, with a dragon heartstring core.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow!
→ paired with le sauce.
→ enjoys drawing, animé,
games, & music.
→ hates confrontation,
cold weather, & boredom.
→ always the hopeless optimist.

credit: image | theme

Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Does anyone know if they're still sending out emails?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links