Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
Felly
The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
I'll probably pop in for a little while to nerdgasm if I'm not already preoccupied with bawling my poor eyes out. I'm going to see the midnight release with my mom, & hopefully a friend from school that graduated last Friday. We all went for part 1 together, & we wanted to see part 2 together too.

Plus, it's been tradition that my mom & I go see the movies together at midnight (or you know, around midnight since the showings usually fill up & they add more) at the same movie theater that's across the street from my high school. I'm not breaking tradition now. <3

The trailer was so intense, and I was so tensed up for it, & my eyes were watering. I've never cried at (or in for that matter) a movie before, & I think Harry Potter might ruin that for me. (Better Harry Potter than something else though. & I saw Marley & Me, and that was pretty emotional for me, but I didn't cry.)
Old June 20th, 2011 (03:08 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by RubyJB88:
I'd feel that way too though, in a daze and not looking left or right at his companions. And at that point, he was the one who's life was in most jeopardy, because he was the one facing Voldemort, not anybody else. So their current situations weren't as important as what he was going through then. Quite understandable.
That's true, and I guess it makes sense since nearly the whole series is just from Harry's point of view but the movies aren't as restricted by POV the way the books are. So hopefully we get more than just a glimpse as he walks by. :(

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 20th, 2011 (05:08 PM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Yeah, the movies haven't been that well in that department, but they've been improving slowly, and I've seen quite the difference in DH 1.
Old June 22nd, 2011 (05:58 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

DH is being a better adaptation since it was split into two, instead of trying to cram everything into just one movie. :D And since that's kind of a heart-breaking moment (good for eliciting emotion in the viewers), I'm hoping they'll get more than just a pan and "oh, they're dead." @@; There's already a dramatic part with Tonks and Lupin reaching for each other in the trailer so... :>

Is anyone else re-reading the books or re-watching the movies in anticipation of the next movie? I just started a part-time temporary job the other day doing data entry for a section of the company my dad works at and since it's pretty menial labour, I've been listening to the Harry Potter books while I work. I just finished up book 3 today and I'm loading book 4 onto my phone right now. ♥

Also, the Pottermore announcement is at 7AM EST tomorrow, I think. :>

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 23rd, 2011 (05:39 PM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
The encyclopedia sounds very exciting to me. Of course, it was known to be an encyclopedia, but we just didn't know what the name would be. :) Clever Jo.

I've a pretty good memory of Book 7. In fact, I re-read it after Part 1 came out last year. When I saw that movie, I kept thinking, "Oh my god I forgot so much!!". Personal embarrassment, so yeah.
Old June 23rd, 2011 (11:42 PM).
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I feel your pain. That happened to me quite a lot, in fact.
Old June 24th, 2011 (10:03 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Everyone signed up for the Pottermore updates? When I read more about what's to come, it's made me so excited! I haven't been this excited in like, 5 years...
Old June 25th, 2011 (11:29 PM).
Zeffy

Everyone signed up for the Pottermore updates? When I read more about what's to come, it's made me so excited! I haven't been this excited in like, 5 years...
I submitted my email, but I don't really read my email though. XD
Old June 30th, 2011 (08:55 PM).
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

I'd like to join as well :)

What house are you in? Ravenclaw
Wand description; Made of Holly, 8 1/2 inches, with a unicorn tail hair core.

I am a very big fan of Harry Potter, I have every single movie which has been released on DVD - and I am seeing the final movie in the cinema this month!

My favourite character is Hermione - followed by Ginny + Luna, and then it'd be Fred + George, then Harry
Old July 1st, 2011 (03:49 AM).
Zeffy

Finally, someone who broke the ice! Huzzah! xD

Anyways, I'd like to ask you guys. What's the mystery behind Antonin Dolohov's curse? I've been quite intrigued by that spell ever since I read about it. So, what's your stance, guys?
Old July 3rd, 2011 (03:33 AM).
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
He had a curse?
...Maybe I shouldn't have asked that. ._.;
Old July 3rd, 2011 (03:39 AM).
Zeffy

Uhmm it was a spell that he uses. It's like using the wand to slash, pretty much like sectumsempre, I guess.
Old July 3rd, 2011 (03:55 AM).
~Ryukaa
//fennekin

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Ohhhh, right, right. I remember!
...I didn't really think much of it, lol. xDD;;
The Death Eaters didn't really intrigue me all that much, to be honest. Eheh... ._.;
I really need to go through the books again. o3o
Old July 3rd, 2011 (08:07 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

That "slashing" spell was brutal and nasty. :/ I wish they showed some kind of similar scene in Movie 5. Bit disappointing there.

If it was Sectumsempra then there'd be blood spilling everywhere nonstop. Perhaps its some variant?
Old July 4th, 2011 (01:19 AM).
Zeffy

I assumed that it was a variant at first, too. I wonder if we'll ever know what the incantation is. And if using the incantation either powers up the spell more or whatnot.
Old July 15th, 2011 (06:03 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Anybody watched the midnight release?! We should post what we thought of it (in spoilers of course)!
Old July 16th, 2011 (01:27 AM).
mzmingle
Okay What?...

Have any of you read Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree?
'Cause at the beginning, it says something like 'The sun was shining, and the birds were playing Quiddich in the Treetops.'

More On-Topic, if you have played LEGO Harry Potter, then
What is your favourite part(s) of the game?
Mine is, so far, the Quiddich and the Transfiguration with all the LEGO lol
I wish you could actually play the Quiddich though, instead of just watch it.
Old July 16th, 2011 (04:27 AM).
Zeffy

Quote originally posted by mzmingle:
Have any of you read Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree?
'Cause at the beginning, it says something like 'The sun was shining, and the birds were playing Quiddich in the Treetops.'

More On-Topic, if you have played LEGO Harry Potter, then
What is your favourite part(s) of the game?
Mine is, so far, the Quiddich and the Transfiguration with all the LEGO lol :)
I wish you could actually play the Quiddich though, instead of just watch it.
Quidditch* Quidditch* Quidditch*

;)

Well, anyways, another topic to answer is, have you watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet? What's your opinion about it? Do you think they made a good adaptation of it from the book?
Old July 16th, 2011 (04:36 AM).
~Ryukaa
//fennekin

Have you watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet?
Of course I have!

What's your opinion about it?
Absolutely Brilliant.

Do you think they made a good adaptation of it from the book?
I think they did a great job, for sure. There were things they could've improved on, but I was very, very pleased with the movie in the end. Oh, and man. The 19 years later scene was awesome. Though, I wish it had more conversation. Albus and Harry were the only ones talking. o3o
Old July 16th, 2011 (05:38 AM).
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Anybody watched the midnight release?!
I DID! :D Here's what I thought of it

Spoiler:
I thought it was very good - and surprisingly funny!
The only thing was they did miss out a couple of things - like Harry's cloak being a Hallow and him being the 'master of death.' And also when Harry got the Elder Wand they made it so he just.. snapped it.. instead of fixing his wand first which was a bit annoying. And it was so good when they did the '19 years later' scene - the characters looked funny. All in all I think it was a reasonably good movie.

Did anybody dress up for the movie? Who (or what) did you dress up as?
I dressed up as Hermione :)
Old July 16th, 2011 (10:26 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Spoiler:
I'd give it an 8.3/10. And that's me being generous. ;) Sure there are always a couple things left out. I was amazed how they jumped from the dragon scene to the school. Felt like the movie was practically over, since the school is the last scene. I favor Part 1 though.
Old July 16th, 2011 (10:46 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

I'm going tonight at 8 PM to watch it in 3D, and what's even more, (I wasn't able to go tho), the guy who plays Malfoy (Tom Felton) stopped by close to my house and was signing autographs, my cousin got four autographs somehow XDD

#mal

#books

#

Old July 16th, 2011 (11:32 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

^Wow, that's so cool!

It was a good adaptation for a movie, I suppose, but the lack of backstory always gets to me XD I can't help complaining, although I know it would get in the way of the action scenes the audience wants to see. Anyone else *love* the scene where Snape was crying over Lily? Wow, it was really just so sad to see him so upset. And I've only really just noticed, but I *love* his delivery for lines. I love all of his pauses. I would've gone to a midnight showing, but the cinema near me doesn't do those sorts of things...I suppose it's only larger ones.

I now feel rather sad that Harry Potter seems to be all over now. No more books, no more movies...I know there's going to be Pottermore, but ah, I can't help feeling sad.

I just watched that behind the scenes thing that Ben Shepard does every movie. Dan actually seems like a funny guy, and Rupert seems so cute and shy. I feel so old now, because I remember watching the one he done for COS XD
Old July 17th, 2011 (06:47 PM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Wow, she's lucky. I saw Tom Felton in a new movie with Taylor Lautner, called The Abduction. Looks like he wants to speed up his career. :)

Spoiler:
Snape's memory was really important to those who questioned why Snape killed Dumbledore. I was glad they didn't rush or skip it.

Quote:
I now feel rather sad that Harry Potter seems to be all over now. No more books, no more movies...I know there's going to be Pottermore, but ah, I can't help feeling sad.
It's because of Pottermore I don't feel as sad as I would be.
Old July 18th, 2011 (04:13 AM).
Zeffy

If it weren't for Pottermore, I probably would've killed myself already. ):

Sponsored Links