Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~VladKun~ View Post
- Favorite Episode: The Return of Harmony Part 1 + 2
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash
- Favorite Side Pony: Braeburn
- About Me: I got into MLP only recently, to be quite honest I find it interesting now since it's no longer the girls only, kiddy thing that it was back 3 generations ago, now not only can both genders like it but teenagers can enjoy them as well and I am living proof of that :3
Well, howdy there, friend! Welcome to the Club, I'm glad to see another new Pony fan joining the group.

Old September 25th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Nature: Adamant
I'm happy we have another Rainbow Dash fan. She's so awesome! Welcome to the herd, new member.
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Okay so I am totally joining now. >w>

- Favorite Episode: Stare Master
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy <3
- Favorite Side Pony: Octavia
- About Me: I have been a fan since the beginning of FiM.... I loved the animation (And even with the myriad mistakes am astounded it was all done in Flash) and characters and whatnot.... I'm happy to see it spreading so far. Even if there are some things I wish never came into existence in the fandom...
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
Okay so I am totally joining now. >w>

- Favorite Episode: Stare Master
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy <3
- Favorite Side Pony: Octavia
- About Me: I have been a fan since the beginning of FiM.... I loved the animation (And even with the myriad mistakes am astounded it was all done in Flash) and characters and whatnot.... I'm happy to see it spreading so far. Even if there are some things I wish never came into existence in the fandom...
Welcome to the herd, Kirozane. It's always great to see more and more new members joining the herd.
Old September 25th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Welcome, new members! Glad to see more people popping up. I've been working on my pony OC image for the hell of it, since I want a picture to go with that form I'll probably fill out from earlier in the thread.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Welcome, new members! Glad to see more people popping up. I've been working on my pony OC image for the hell of it, since I want a picture to go with that form I'll probably fill out from earlier in the thread.
I'd love to see the finished project come to together.

EDIT: And here's some art I made in MSPaint. (Took about three hours...) It's my OC, again.

Last edited by CureYoshiDarkness; September 25th, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old September 25th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Sheep

I never thought I'd actually make an OC for anything, but MLP's different. I feel so compelled to create a character of my own!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

MLP: FiM - OC BIO Sheet

Name: Sonata
Age: Unknown (not sure how old the main six ponies are; she'd be the same age)
Pony Type: Alicorn
Pony Group: Mare

Character Information:

Sonata lives in Ponyville and runs the Counterpoint Music Shop with the company of her pet cat, Treble. Her hobbies include playing the piano and singing. She is relatively spunky but can turn shy in certain situations.

She is more adept at using magic than flying. As a result, when she needs to be quick, she tends to conjure a spell on her wings to make up for her lack of speed when flying. She has been working on increasing her mobility, however.

She is a very understanding pony and is willing to accept anyone. Some ponies claim she's a mix of Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, due to her spunky personality and intelligence.

Character Backstory:

Sonata was born in and raised in Canterlot. Much to her parents' surprise, she was born with both wings and a horn - something that very rarely happened. She was relatively shy and didn't speak with many ponies, but was given a lot of unwanted attention because of her alicorn status. Sonata caught a few glimpses of Twilight Sparkle during her stay in Canterlot before moving to Ponyville, where she was able to fit in more easily.

Character Chemistry:

Twilight Sparkle: Sonata was surprised to run into Twilight at Ponyville since she had remembered seeing her in Canterlot. At first, Twilight was skeptical and confused (she had not been interested in making friends yet), but the two grew quite close as time passed. Sonata admires Twilight's magical prowess.

Applejack: Applejack's farm was the place Sonata ended up in when a flying trip from Canterlot to Ponyville went terribly wrong. She had planned on making the trip by herself and ended up confusing the directions and falling down in the middle of the farm due to lack of flying talent. Applejack was the first friend Sonata made when in Ponyville.

Rarity: Sonata is one of Rarity's valued customers; she frequently designs dresses for her. The two are both fascinated by gems and are both interested in fashion. Rarity even does her hair at times.

Rainbow Dash: Sonata sees Rainbow Dash as one of the best flyers in Ponyville. She decided to ask her to become her flying mentor after seeing Rainbow perform a Sonic Rainboom when trying to save Rarity from a fall during a flying competition.

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie gets many of her instruments from Sonata's shop and therefore, the two are very well off as friends. Sonata fears that some of Pinkie's hyperactiveness may have rubbed off on her, even.

Fluttershy: Sonata adores Fluttershy. When she has to make delivery trips, she leaves Treble in her care.

She does not have any negative chemistry with anyone and considers herself to be on good terms with everypony in Ponyville.

Extra Information:

She is often seen hanging with the six main ponies. If she isn't practicing with Rainbow or hanging out with the crew, she's usually playing the piano or singing.

Form by Yoshi-san
Artwork by me

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 25th, 2011, 03:56 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I never thought I'd actually make an OC for anything, but MLP's different. I feel so compelled to create a character of my own!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Name: Sonata
Age: Unknown (not sure how old the main six ponies are; she'd be the same age)
Pony Type: Alicorn

Character Information:

Sonata lives in Ponyville and runs the Counterpoint Music Shop with the company of her pet cat, Treble. Her hobbies include playing the piano and singing. She is relatively spunky but can turn shy in certain situations.

She is more adept at using magic than flying. As a result, when she needs to be quick, she tends to conjure a spell on her wings to make up for her lack of speed when flying. She has been working on increasing her mobility, however.

She is a very understanding pony and is willing to accept anyone. Some ponies claim she's a mix of Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, due to her spunky personality and intelligence.

Character Backstory:

Sonata was born in and raised in Canterlot. Much to her parents' surprise, she was born with both wings and a horn - something that very rarely happened. She was relatively shy and didn't speak with many ponies, but was given a lot of unwanted attention because of her alicorn status. Sonata caught a few glimpses of Twilight Sparkle during her stay in Canterlot before moving to Ponyville, where she was able to fit in more easily.

Character Chemistry:

Twilight Sparkle: Sonata was surprised to run into Twilight at Ponyville since she had remembered seeing her in Canterlot. At first, Twilight was skeptical and confused (she had not been interested in making friends yet), but the two grew quite close as time passed. Sonata admires Twilight's magical prowess.

Applejack: Applejack's farm was the place Sonata ended up in when a flying trip from Canterlot to Ponyville went terribly wrong. She had planned on making the trip by herself and ended up confusing the directions and falling down in the middle of the farm due to lack of flying talent. Applejack was the first friend Sonata made when in Ponyville.

Rarity: Sonata is one of Rarity's valued customers; she frequently designs dresses for her. The two are both fascinated by gems and are both interested in fashion. Rarity even does her hair at times.

Rainbow Dash: Sonata sees Rainbow Dash as one of the best flyers in Ponyville. She decided to ask her to become her flying mentor after seeing Rainbow perform a Sonic Rainboom when trying to save Rarity from a fall during a flying competition.

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie gets many of her instruments from Sonata's shop and therefore, the two are very well off as friends. Sonata fears that some of Pinkie's hyperactiveness may have rubbed off on her, even.

Fluttershy: Sonata adores Fluttershy. When she has to make delivery trips, she leaves Treble in her care.

She does not have any negative chemistry with anyone and considers herself to be on good terms with everypony in Ponyville.

Extra Information:

She is often seen hanging with the six main ponies. If she isn't practicing with Rainbow or hanging out with the crew, she's usually playing the piano or singing.

Form by Yoshi-san
Artwork by me
First thing, that was a great bio. I enjoyed reading it.
Second thing...

Spoiler:

That is beautiful artwork! This is the type of stuff that would show up on Equestria Daily's drawfriend posts.

Just one question, now. What program did you use?
Spoiler:
If it's photoshop... please somepony hit me hard! I want it so bad.

Old September 25th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Sheep

Thank you so much! You all had great bios, too. I'd love to see more OCs pop around D: They're one of the few OCs I'm actually interested in from the fandoms I'm in, lol.

I used Paint Tool SAI to draw the picture, it's much better than Photoshop! Most artists nowadays seem to use SAI I noticed, which is great, since I find it much more fun to use.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:10 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I used Paint Tool SAI to draw the picture, it's much better than Photoshop! Most artists nowadays seem to use SAI I noticed, which is great, since I find it much more fun to use.
I can't get my hoofs on that... sadly. I tried downloading it (trial) and it didn't even load up on my computer. It continue to say the trial already expired and that I required the license and then it would close on it.

Old September 25th, 2011, 04:25 PM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
There's a few free versions floating around. I use one myself. o3o
It's a very nice program for drawing, indeed. xD;

Out of curiosity, Cirno... which tool did you use for the lineart there? It looks gorgeous. o3o
CSSdeviantArt • pair
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Sheep

I used the pen on like 85% opacity, size 7 or something. :3

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Ahh, I see! I should get around to practicing more when I can. xDD;;
You should draw more fanart! I really love your art style. o3o

Getting little cousins into MLP is pretty fun, nu. n_n
CSSdeviantArt • pair
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Now, I'm busy playing around with this program for my outlining and digital color work. Yay!

Digital colored ponies!

Old September 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Sheep

Thank you, Ryuuka! I really do want to draw more ponies.

Hope you like the program, Yoshi!!

Also, don't think I've posted this, so I guess I will. Here is my pony collection that lives to the left of my laptop. I got most of them for my birthday in April. Poor Spike is being blocked by Rarity. XD Haven't added anything new since then really, except I did buy a Pinkie Pie crystal figure (which is actually plastic) from the store that opened recently near here. Still need the Rainbow Dash, I'll get it as soon as I can.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

I just want to see toys that look like the characters in the show. They just rush the toys so much they look nothing like their animated counterparts.
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Sheep

The toys look fine to me, except the McDonald's Rarity's tail is pink and Celestia's always pink instead of white. :/ I can accept the Rarity tail discoloration, but why Celestia is always colored pink on every toy when she's obviously white is beyond me.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
My turn for one of these~ 8D

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Name: Feather Tint (But will sometimes go by Feather)
Pony Type: Pegasus

Character Information:

Feather Tint lives near Ponyville, known to frequent for the sake of being social, and to find inspiration. She finds comfort and joy in painting, even if it is difficult without the magic of unicorns or alicorns. She bounces between moods and noise levels depending on the situation and how well she has been able to paint as of late.

She is also a very adept flier. Quick and agile, though rather reckless and fast to test her limits. She found flying as a good way to break through the mental blocks in her paintings.

She tries her best to get along with everypony, even if her recklessness or spontaneity can sometimes get on some ponies' nerves. Despite all this she is very insightful, and can quickly cut to the heart of problems with little goading.

Character Backstory:

Feather Tint was born and raised in Cloudsdale. Though she showed a quick aptitude for flight, she never found it as fun as the others. Her mind would wander, causing her crash frequently. This had earned the nickname "Falter Twitch". One day she took a little trip out of Cloudsdale, and saw a painter unicorn. Curious, she watched him paint for quite some time. When he finally noticed her, he allowed her to try painting herself, seeing she was so interested. She was so entranced by what she was doing night had fallen by the time she looked up from the canvas again. The Unicorn smiled at her painting of the hills, and pointed out she had obtained her cutie mark. She eventually moved near Ponyville, if only to see the place she had heard so much about. Bombarded with inspiration, she doesn't intend to leave, and occasionally gives Rainbow a helping, though unneeded, hoof with the weather.

Character Chemistry:

Twilight Sparkle: Twilight Sparkle is rather fond of Feather. She is rather amused by how excited Feather gets at pictures in her books, especially considering Feather is older.

Applejack: Applejack was the second friend Feather Tint made, when she caught Feather painting one of the trees. She finds Feather rather eccentric, but likes her eagerness to help when she can't paint.

Rarity: Rarity had once questioned Feather Tint's painting, as she had never painted a pony before. As such, Rarity became the first, wearing an extravagant dress that Feather admitted to having fun recreating. Rarity has since asked her for patterns to put on her dresses.

Rainbow Dash: Rainbow Dash is a bit confused by Feather Tint. She commented on how good Feather was at flying, and was astounded to find she doesn't find it as fun as she did. Even so, the two get along very nicely, as Rainbow is quick to goad Feather's recklessness.

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie Pie was the first friend Feather Tint made in Ponyville. She enjoys Pinkie's comapny, and learned from her personality to make funnier pictures. She's quick to assist Pinkie with pranks and takes the ones on her with greater laughs.

Fluttershy: Feather Tint tries her best to stay quiet around Fluttershy, as she most often finds her with animals. But she tends to fail, and Fluttershy is rather patient with her, knowing she is trying her best.

She doesn't think anyone doesn't like her, but has a sinking feeling some pony has a problem.

Extra Information:

She has found friendship in two OCs of my friends, and will usually be with them if she deems the main 6 busy.

Form by Yoshi-san
Artwork by me
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Quote:
The toys look fine to me, except the McDonald's Rarity's tail is pink and Celestia's always pink instead of white. :/ I can accept the Rarity tail discoloration, but why Celestia is always colored pink on every toy when she's obviously white is beyond me.
I remember seeing a comic about Celestia's color problem. I believe Hasbro is sticking to the 3rd generation color for Celestia. Why? I haven't a clue. (I'll find it later)

Oh, yeah... Here is an amazing animation.

http://twentypercentcooler.net/data/...dc68fe5aaf.swf

Old September 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

It always has irked me that Celestia toys are pink... though I think the totally mismatching blue wings irk me just a little bit more. >:C
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
The McDonald's Rainbow Dash had far too much purple, orange and yellow. And her cutie mark was way off...
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Eeyup. The toys are always off... why is again... unknown. (Still looking for that comic...)

The Rainbow Dash toy's colors have always irked me a bit, too.

In the meantime, here you all go.

Luna's reaction in the last panel, I think is the funnest.

Old September 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post
Eeyup. The toys are always off... why is again... unknown. (Still looking for that comic...)

Haha everyone was all WHAAAAAAT?!
That is awesome
Helps to get the minds off of the horrendous toys at least a little (Kinda like finally being able to draw my OC. XD)
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post

Luna's reaction in the last panel, I think is the funnest.
I would laughed if the last panel had Rarity and her reaction. That would've been hilarious.
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Achtung! Panzer!
Community Supporter

Yeah, I would of been funnier if it was Rarity watching.

Well since, we all saw that Star Wars reference during the pilot's conclusion... here's some more art.

I know what I'm buying the princess for her next birthday.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here