Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 7th, 2011 (04:15 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Yoshi-san:

A Rainbow Dash Wallpaper is in the making.
Can't wait for that. But, I have like 5-6 Rainbow Dash wallpapers that I've never even bothered to use. (Rainbow Dash would be ashamed of me...)
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:22 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Sweet Candace:

Can't wait for that. But, I have like 5-6 Rainbow Dash wallpapers that I've never even bothered to use...(Rainbow Dash would be ashamed of me...)
I can understand. I got a few wallpapers in my favorites, but I rarely use them.
She though... eh.

Thanks Rainbow... for your choices of words. Rainbow Dash doesn't like me... :\
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:26 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

I can understand. I got a few wallpapers in my favorites, but I rarely use them.
She though... eh.

Thanks Rainbow... for your choices of words. Rainbow Dash doesn't like me... :\
That's because she likes me the most *brick'd*.

No, it's okay. I want to keep my "bronyism" to myself without my parents or friends knowing. (I'm very self-conscious at times...)
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:31 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

That's because she likes me the most *brick'd*.

No, it's okay. I want to keep my "bronyism" to myself without my parents or friends knowing. (I'm very self-conscious at times...)
You and me both. My mother is the only one who accepts the fact that I like ponies and is okay with it.
However, the rest of my family would think I'm nuts if I said, "I'm a My Little Pony fan." I know the feeling.
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:35 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

You and me both. My mother is the only one who accepts the fact that I like ponies and is okay with it.
However, the rest of my family would think I'm nuts if I said, "I'm a My Little Pony fan." I know the feeling.
My dad accidentally saw me watching ponies, but said they "Pokemon". I was mad about that, (1) for getting exposed and (2) for thinking they were Pokemon.

I have a couple of friends, but would never say "I am a fan of My Little Pony" to them.
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:45 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

My dad accidentally saw me watching ponies, but said they "Pokemon". I was mad about that, (1) for getting exposed and (2) for thinking they were Pokemon.

I have a couple of friends, but would never say "I am a fan of My Little Pony" to them.
I may sound weird to say this, but I have no friends who live around me. (No one wants to be my friend where I live...)

I only got fellow pony fans on the internet and other pals from Xbox Live. In truth, I'd like to meet many people I friended, but yeah... I can't.
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:49 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
My friends know I like MLP, but it's easier for me since I'm female. I'd be way too embarrassed to publicly show I'm a fan, though, like wearing actual accessories or clothing with ponies on them.
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:49 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I'm the same. My sister has some drama because a friend said she's not a real Pony fan if she keeps it secret. I disagree. It's like supporting homosexuals. It's safe here because Pokecommunity is cool like that. But the rest of the internet isn't so forgiving.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:53 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I'm the same. My sister has some drama because a friend said she's not a real Pony fan if she keeps it secret. I disagree. It's like supporting homosexuals. It's safe here because Pokecommunity is cool like that. But the rest of the internet isn't so forgiving.
I think it is safer showing your love of ponies on the Internet rather in IRL.
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:54 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Most of my pals on Xbox Live are okay with me liking the show and being a fan. I actually got one of them to watch some of it and sorta like it to a point.

But, yeah... other than here on PokeCommunity, Deviantart, Equestria Daily and other Pony related websites... "the internet isn't so forgiving" is the correct statement.
Old October 7th, 2011 (04:55 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

While the Internet may not be forgiving at some times, a lot of people do respect other's opinions. So, bronies don't always get the cold shoulder.
Old October 7th, 2011 (05:00 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

While the Internet may not be forgiving at some times, a lot of people do respect other's opinions. So, bronies don't always get the cold shoulder.
Same here. I'm very caring and fair in my comments. (Or try to be... T_T)
I just try to be as friendly as possible, but there is always that one jerk... that annoys the living **** out of me by either taunting or trashing other's opinions.
Old October 7th, 2011 (05:01 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Don't feed the Parasprites. They troll bronies because they obviously don't like the fact the show has such a huge following.
Old October 7th, 2011 (05:03 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
But that's the mentality that makes people hate ponies...if people just liked the show and didn't make it into a "let's talk about ponies all the time", then people like my boyfriend wouldn't have wallpapers of space marines killing Fluttershy, lol.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 7th, 2011 (05:10 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Toujours:

But that's the mentality that makes people hate ponies...if people just liked the show and didn't make it into a "let's talk about ponies all the time", then people like my boyfriend wouldn't have wallpapers of space marines killing Fluttershy, lol.
What the... kill Fluttershy?! Why her!?
Yeah, I'm actually not like that at all. I'm mostly quiet at home or when traveling. But, when someone gets the topic going, then I'll start talking about it.
Old October 7th, 2011 (05:14 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
What the... kill Fluttershy?! Why her!?
Yeah, I'm actually not like that at all. I'm mostly quiet at home or when traveling. But, when someone gets the topic going, then I'll start talking about it.
That's just what he had, lol. He doesn't even dislike the show really, he's watched it with me a few times, but he's just so tired of people going everywhere talking about it all the time and the dislike has migrated over the show itself, lol. Whenever I call someone out for insulting the show, they always backtrack and say the same thing about the in-your-face attitude of most bronies.

Which is why I recommend ponies are either talked about with people that tolerate them or people that like them, and not around people that dislike them. xD It's better for the fandom if you're quiet about it, tbh.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 7th, 2011 (05:19 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Toujours:

That's just what he had, lol. He doesn't even dislike the show really, he's watched it with me a few times, but he's just so tired of people going everywhere talking about it all the time and the dislike has migrated over the show itself, lol. Whenever I call someone out for insulting the show, they always backtrack and say the same thing about the in-your-face attitude of most bronies.

Which is why I recommend ponies are either talked about with people that tolerate them or people that like them, and not around people that dislike them. xD It's better for the fandom if you're quiet about it, tbh.
Yeah, I'm just happy that I can talk about it with other fans, at least.
Old October 7th, 2011 (05:45 PM).
i'll bear my t e a r s out
CS

... Just like with Pokemon, I think I'm lucky to have some people in real life in which I talk about My Little Pony to. There's a friend in particular in which he's a brony, and basically if I want to talk about My Little Pony to someone, he's the person to talk to. My best friend irl is also a MLP fan, and my sister is a down-to-earth fan of it.

mod ☆ # b l u e b l o o d s ≡ pairs
Old October 7th, 2011 (05:56 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by BinaryPeaches:
... Just like with Pokemon, I think I'm lucky to have some people in real life in which I talk about My Little Pony to. There's a friend in particular in which he's a brony, and basically if I want to talk about My Little Pony to someone, he's the person to talk to. My best friend irl is also a MLP fan, and my sister is a down-to-earth fan of it.
That's good to know that you got people around you, so if you wanted to talk about it. You could.
Old October 7th, 2011 (06:10 PM).

My family knows of my Brony-ism and I actually have friends at school, who are males, and like the show.
Old October 7th, 2011 (06:46 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Quote originally posted by BinaryPeaches:
Lucky, no one I know likes pokemon or mlp. ;_;

Btw, could I get one of you guys to do me a favor? I'd like to put a MLP mouse cursor in a game I'm making as an easter egg, so if any of you are good with sprites, and can make one for me, that'd be awesome. It needs to be between 16x16 and 32x32 pixels.

Doesn't really matter which pony, as long as it's a fairly major one, like twilight or rainbow dash.
Old October 7th, 2011 (07:04 PM).
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
Lucky, no one I know likes pokemon or mlp. ;_;

Btw, could I get one of you guys to do me a favor? I'd like to put a MLP mouse cursor in a game I'm making as an easter egg, so if any of you are good with sprites, and can make one for me, that'd be awesome. It needs to be between 16x16 and 32x32 pixels.

Doesn't really matter which pony, as long as it's a fairly major one, like twilight or rainbow dash.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7621

This is my album of Rainbow Dash sprites I ripped and cleaned up.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7620

Here's Princess Luna, too.
Old October 7th, 2011 (07:06 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

No one that I know in "real life" like ponies or Pokemon. My parents don't really care about me being a fan. My mother even wants to watch episodes, and they're with me when I do a few pony toy runs.

Quote originally posted by Cirno:
EDIT: I went to the mall with a friend today and saw the Brony Rainbow Dash shirt at Hot Topic. I seriously wanted to buy it, but I'm way too stingy to spend $20 plus tax on a shirt. I'm not a "bro", either, so... but even so, I'm probably going to find it cheaper online and order ;_;
That's one of the problems with the bronies. There have always been adult fans of MLP, but now that there's a male-dominated adult fanbase, Hasbro (and other companies) just now realize it. They pay attention to them, but not to the fans - the female adult fans - who have been around since the franchise's beginning.

It's great that adult fans are finally being recognized. It's just disappointing that "bronies" (since some are trying to get that term to apply to all adult fans, regardless of how they identify) get the recognition, furthering the erasing of the "pegasisters", some who have been around since the early days.

I don't want bronies to disappear completely, but the fandom shouldn't be erasing people who are also a part of it. Or bothering people who don't like ponies.

Or telling Faust some of the things written about her character pony. Boundaries!

There are FiM shirts on Hot Topic's site that don't specifically say "brony", so you'll probably have better luck online with the selection. Not with the price though.
Old October 7th, 2011 (07:17 PM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by CureYoshiDarkness.
WA ! WA !ワリオ!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Astinus:
No one that I know in "real life" like ponies or Pokemon. My parents don't really care about me being a fan. My mother even wants to watch episodes, and they're with me when I do a few pony toy runs.

That's one of the problems with the bronies. There have always been adult fans of MLP, but now that there's a male-dominated adult fanbase, Hasbro (and other companies) just now realize it. They pay attention to them, but not to the fans - the female adult fans - who have been around since the franchise's beginning.

It's great that adult fans are finally being recognized. It's just disappointing that "bronies" (since some are trying to get that term to apply to all adult fans, regardless of how they identify) get the recognition, furthering the erasing of the "pegasisters", some who have been around since the early days.

I don't want bronies to disappear completely, but the fandom shouldn't be erasing people who are also a part of it. Or bothering people who don't like ponies.

Or telling Faust some of the things written about her character pony. Boundaries!

There are FiM shirts on Hot Topic's site that don't specifically say "brony", so you'll probably have better luck online with the selection. Not with the price though.
I see similar problems to this happening recently. Some bronies are a pain in the *** as of late and I've met quite a few female fans, who I actually talk to now about the show and other general topics. But, back to the bronies problem. Some are just going beyond their boundaries at the moment and they are causing trouble. I'm sorry, but if you are a fan, I respect that and I'm happy you like the show, too... but you should know common sense and you should be try to pitch the fact that you are a "Brony" on everyone trying to convert them into what you like. Some actually hate me for this, as well. They think that I'm not a true fan if I don't agree with them. Now, why the hell would you think that? I'm a fan of the show, yes. But, I consider myself a "fan" of the show and rarely at times, I'll call myself a "Brony", but that'll depend on the topic at hand. Sigh... Forgive me if I ranted or anything, but the "bronies who think they're the best at everything pony" situation has gotten on my nerves as of late...

Edit: What a kick to my upset gut... This made me cry a bit... but, nevertheless... this is a beautiful piece of fan-art.
Spoiler:

R.I.P. Steve Jobs, may your soul always be in peace.
Old October 7th, 2011 (07:34 PM).
i'll bear my t e a r s out
CS

My friend called me a 'brony' despite the fact that I'm female. I brushed the idea aside, but it shows just how much the term 'brony' is effecting the fans, and how people are starting to use it as a universal term, just as what Astinus said. Luckily, I don't pay attention to the fandom enough to really watch what's happening when it comes to the fandom, but if it's becoming like how it is, I'm glad I'm keeping my love for ponies here, and to the people who I know enjoy MLP as well.

Awww. That is such a gorgeous image. Saddening, but gorgeous nonetheless.

mod ☆ # b l u e b l o o d s ≡ pairs
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links