The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Eh. What's the motivation other than inflating somepony's ego? >_>

I don't think a system like this is worth messing with, and it's especially pointless if all you're doing is multiplying post count in this thread times four. :<

Unless you all can come up with some sort of tiered reward system that actually offers something of note, why not leave it up to ♥♥♥♥s and giggles? Counting isn't going to spur anyone to post, we need to just focus on having good Pony-related discussions like we have been doing. :3

Also, Pinkie Pie as a chicken...was pure awesome. :D She was probably the funniest part of the episode. :P

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachy View Post
Eh. What's the motivation other than inflating somepony's ego?

I don't think a system like this is worth messing with, and it's especially pointless if all you're doing is multiplying post count in this thread times four. :<

Unless you all can come up with some sort of tiered reward system that actually offers something of note, why not leave it up to ♥♥♥♥s and giggles? Counting isn't going to spur anyone to post, we need to just focus on having good Pony-related discussions like we have been doing. :3

Also, Pinkie Pie as a chicken...was pure awesome. :D She was probably the funniest part of the episode.
We can't just rely on the new episodes to generate discussion, we need something else to create a buzz and entice ponies to post.

Chicken Pinkie was great; but Shadowbolt Rainbow takes the cake.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Esper

Time is candy! Oh, this episode restores my faith in the series.

I'm looking forward to seeing some episodes focus on the rest of the cast though. I love Twilight, but she got to star in the last one and this episode she was still the focus as far as the mane 6 go. Also, no Rarity is disappointing.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Why can't we rely on them? This thread has been pretty active, and it's not going to die out during the lull between episodes. We could come up with discussion topics and run a contest or something fun in the meantime anyway. Anything but an ego-inflating point count. >_>

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Five posts per day is actually pretty good for a club, looking at some of the other clubs that are sometimes lucky to get more than two-three posts (that aren't from the same people) per day.

Some easy ways to boost activity in thread it to have topics (look at other threads for examples), discuss things that aren't the new episode, hold a contest, and what not. A point system isn't exactly needed at all to boost activity. I'm not sure how they would be egotistical like what Pachy is saying (don't bother me with an explanation), but there are better ways to do things other than a point system.

I hope Twilight isn't shown too much in the next few episodes, to hopefully balance things out. We definitely need more Rarity (which we will be getting next episode), and some more of the other characters would be nice as well.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
I'm also against the point system. All it would do is make people want to post here for the sake of earning points. I reaaaally dislike that kind of thing.

As for the focus on Twilight, I'm completely fine with it. xD;
She's my favourite of the Mane 6. o3o
Though, I love the others as well. It seems like Dash has been lacking attention so far in Season 2.

And here's a topic.
If you lived in Ponyville, who do you reckon you would get along with the most? (Characters from other places can also be mentioned.)

Last edited by ~Ryukaa; October 23rd, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
I recently came up with a theroy involving the recent episode:

Luna and Nightmare Moon were originally two seperate entities, NMM was a spirit that posessed Luna and used her body as a "host" for the Nightmare Moon entity. When NMM was defeated, the Elements of Harmony did not destroy NMM, but more rather, fused Luna and NMM into one being, this explains why Luna always referred to herself as "we" in the episode, referring to both Luna and NMM, this also explains why Luna sounded like two different people talking when she used the "Royal Canterlot voice", because it was both Luna and NMM speaking simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryukaa View Post
If you lived in Ponyville, who do you reckon you would get along with the most? (Characters from other places can also be mentioned.)
Probably Fluttershy, as we both love animals a lot.

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

If I lived in Ponyville?

I'd have to say I'd probably get along with Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Fluttershy the easiest. Of course that's assuming I'd bump into the mane 6 much at all. (Can't see why I wouldn't but yeah)

I don't believe she was using "we" because of her Nightmare Moon self, if it even still does exist. I just believe she is WAY out of touch and out of date with how the ponies speak because she's fresh off the 1000 year imprisonment and such.

Chikorita

Old October 24th, 2011, 06:32 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Yeehaw! Hi I'm Daisy!
Community Supporter

Sorry, I live in the Everfree Forest with NightMare Moon. But, in Ponyville I guess I'd get along with Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Houndour2005

Quote:
Fluttershy, Zecora and Applejack easily.

Quote:
We definitely need more Rarity
And Applejack.

Last edited by Houndour2005; October 24th, 2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
And here's a topic.
Duh. Rainbow Dash.

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Yeehaw! Hi I'm Daisy!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Candace View Post

Duh. Rainbow Dash.

You gotta love NightMare.

NightMare, dear... relax. I knew that you would say that, friend.

Speaking about NightMare... here's a RP bio for her and her renewed life, "Eclipse".

Quote:
I KNOW... ANOTHER OC PONY.

Note: This is what ties up Dann, Frosted and Eclipse as well as the "Lunarside" community up.
This OC is a character, I've been working work with her backstory and origin.

So please, read her entire bio before jumping to any ideas.
Thank you.

Name: Eclipse (Revived NightMare Moon)
Species: Pony (Alicorn)

Character Statistics/Backstory: Hail the ruler of Lunarside and the her people call her Eclipse.
Eclipse started her renewed life due to her defeat at the hoofs of the "Ponies of Harmony" in the "Ruins of the Castle/Fortress of the Two Sisters, which is now the "Lunarside Palace". When Princess Luna was freed from her darken state of being, everypony believed the monster known as NightMare Moon was gone for good... however, they were wrong. Well, the powers of harmony hit NightMare Moon it ripped her and Luna apart. The Luna's split personalities become two separate ponies and the two changed... As Twilight Sparkle and her friends aided the princess who they freed, another pony was slowly dying... NightMare had fallen about three floors down and laid there on her side, injured and bleeding. She knew that her time was up... she had only just returned to this world and her time was up... she didn't quite understand why either. Only memories of her trying to create a beautiful night so everypony could enjoy it... her dream shattered to pieces in her mind, she coughed up blood in the ruin's floor and closed her eyes. She was ready to die... however an improbable ally had approached her... "Dann ShadowHeart". NightMare's eyes narrowed as she stared back at the stallion who stood there before her. She started to talked... "Why... why don't you fear... me...!?" she tried to shout at Dann, but only to cough up more blood. Dann only approached her and picked her up... placing her on his back, he took her to another part of the castle where he lived in it. "Why are you d...doing this...?" she asked again. "Do...Do you know who I am...?" Dann didn't response to her questions as they reached a bedroll. Dann gently placed her on the bedroll and he flew up to a shelf and grabbed a white case. The Mare of Darkness only blinked at it as Dann opened it. Inside, was high grade medical supplies and other things for pony care. "... Good thing my field medic training is still fresh in my mind, NightMare. Now, just relax... This'll make you sleepy and numb." He said as NightMare had the needle injected into her. "You'll feel much better soon. Now, rest your highness." NightMare in less than two minutes fell asleep and Dann started the operation.

*** A few hours pass by ***

The morning sun made NightMare's mane shine beautifully in it rays. The star-like sparkles glowed with amazement as the mare rested and motionless. Suddenly a twitch of her and NightMare's eyes shot open with a jolt as she awoke from the sudden surge of pain. "Ugh... what was that... was that all a dream..." she thought. As she looked at her body and noticed the bandages on her torso and wings as well as her legs. "That was no dream... it was real after all!" she thought as her eyes narrowed again with shock. As she looked outside the windows of the old castle, Dann came down the steps with a tray of fresh fruit and food on it. NightMare looked at him... "That stallion... he's..." NightMare has a flashback to Dann reassuring her about her survival. "You'll feel much better soon. Now, rest your highness..." the words echoed in her mind. She continued to have flashbacks. One of her dying, another of her dream shattering... It's was all real...? Dann put the tray down in front of the mare and sat down as well. NightMare only stared at him, her mane flowing as if a gentle breeze had blown it. "Your highness, you need to rest and regain your strength for your body, please sit and relax, ma'am." the stallion told her. NightMare's rage got the best of her. "I DEMAND THAT YOU INFORM ME, FOAL OF WHAT NON..." before she could continue her shouting... she fell to her hoofs. The pain had gotten the best of her... "I... I... what..." she mumbled in pain. Dann stood up. "NightMare. You are extremely weak. You need to rest up so you can gather your strength back, now please. Sit." NightMare's eyes narrowed once again. "You are... one brave foal to stand up to me like this... and give me orders...?!" Dann only sighed. "You should thank me, because... you died." The world around NightMare slid to a complete haul as her thoughts frantically raced in her head. "I died?! How?! What?! This can be?! What?! How!? NOOO!!!" Dann sensing the mare's stress increasing, only comforted NightMare. "However...ma'am. I was able to bring you back. I revived you." he said slowly to the worried mare. "You... saved me... but, why?" she only asked. Dann only continued to comfort her.

"....."
"....."
"....."

"....."

"..... because... you and myself were both in need of something.... .... ....a friend... ..."

This was the beginning of close friendship between the two ponies. From that day, the NightMare Moon that the Element of Harmony defeated... perished mentally and in her ashes arose another, "Princess Eclipse" or just... Eclipse. Eclipse was different mentally but her appearance was still the same as NightMare's. Her first step on the road to a renewed life was to remove her armor and only use it in act of a battle/war. The second thing that was on the list was to fix up the castle/fortress into a proper home for a royal. Together, the two slowly fixed the palace up stone block by stone block. At the time, surprisingly... Dann found others who seems hurt and/or rejected by Equestria and offered them a friend and home. ...Lunarside was born. Eclipse was pleased and happy by the sudden growth of followers and subjects she had. With her new found subjects, they together sped up the process of the palace's reconstruction. Eventually, it was completed. The beauty of the palace as it glimmered in the Everfree Forest's moonlight. However... when she turned and found out about her subjects' and their positions in Lunarside... this troubled both Dann and Eclipse. Eventually, Eclipse started to construct plans for housing for her subjects. The day she come forward with the plans and explained them, the response she got was wonderful. The joy and acceptance she felt... something she never had felt before caused a tear to come to her eye and Dann had noticed it. "It's okay. The feeling is a good one, Eclipse." Eclipse only smiled. "I know, my friend. I know it is." Soon, the structures and housing for subjects were done, shops and other places of interest were built and created. Finally, Eclipse needed a guard and Dann was tasked for the job. Eventually, he come forward with a plan and idea of a trained populous. Eclipse agreed to the idea, but still wanted a royal guard for herself and the palace. Time passed by and Eclipse's populous was fully trained in the advanced art/tactics of battle and war. Ready to defend their home, themselves and their leader. The populous was accepted as an equal no matter the ranks in their military. Everypony defended another and they helped out each other. Eclipse was truly happy with her people's love for her and her friend.

Eclipse rarely leaves Lunarside, but she appears sometimes on Dann's train, "The NightMare Express" as it's conductor. Which is puts several on edge due to her appearance, but they eventually warm up to her. She might also appear in Ponyville, but is it unknown.

All of Dann's powers were actually Eclipse's. That she taught him, so this means she has all his powers and possibly more than that as well.

Image of Eclipse: (Really? Okay. She looks exactly like NightMare, because she is. Just reborn/revived.)

Spoiler:

If you have any question, please do ask. Thank you for reading.
I hope this gets approved.
Please do enjoy it.

Last edited by CureYoshiDarkness; October 24th, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

As I was saying in my previous post; I'd totally get along the best with Rainbow Dash. Probably our competitiveness alone would be constantly keep us competing against each other in pretty much everything.

EDIT: Ironic, that our competitiveness would make us the best to get along?

Last edited by Sweet Candace; October 24th, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Candace View Post
How can people like Pipsqueak? I found him very annoying and just couldn't stand his character.
As was said, people like different characters. I personally found Pips adorable, with his British accent (though it probably should have been done by an actual British VA) and coat coloring. I'm hoping that he's shown a bit more often. (There's a rumor that he was one of the mysterious characters from the Comic-Con poster.)

It's just different likes for different people.

Quote:
Ironically, Pip is smaller than even fillies, meaning he most be a new born colt or a few months old (Still, he's extremely young).
He might be a Shetland pinto pony.

Quote:

Maybe Twilight Sparkle? We're pretty much exactly the same, so we'd probably get along well. If not her, than Applejack or Fluttershy.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
To be fair, there already is a fan character who is Nightmare Moon reborn, and that is Nyx from the fanfic Past Sins, but yours is great too.

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:54 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Yeehaw! Hi I'm Daisy!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
To be fair, there already is a fan character who is Nightmare Moon reborn, and that is Nyx from the fanfic Past Sins, but yours is great too.
I know, but this isn't Nyx. This is a completely different pony than her.
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Nyx? Did somebody say... Nyx? :D
goddidyouknowhowmuchilovepastsinsitsprobablyoneofthebestfanfictionsiveeverreadalthoughihaventreadthatmanyfanficitionsandmygodnyxisjustadorableandsdfhklasfjas-
/rambles on

Ahem. To answer my own question...
I would probably get along with Twilight the most. We're similar in some ways, so I guess I'll be able to relate to her and such. xD;
If not, then maaaybe Rarity. I would try to avoid trying on clothes, though. xDDD;;
And it would be a dream to be able to get along with Princess Luna. But I haven't seen enough of her canon personality to decide. o3o
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I told myself I'd join a club today so... here I am!

Favorite Episode:
"A Dog and Pony Show" aka the one where Rarity turns into the best television character ever for an episode
Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie, as she's the right level of crazy to be awesome but not too crazy as to be overbearing
Favorite Side Pony: Big McIntosh... mainly because he's unlike the rest of the characters
About Me: I got into MLPFIM from an article on The AV Club. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, but it's fun to watch on Saturdays.

Hi everyone... I mean everypony. :D
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
I told myself I'd join a club today so... here I am!

Favorite Episode:
"A Dog and Pony Show" aka the one where Rarity turns into the best television character ever for an episode
Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie, as she's the right level of crazy to be awesome but not too crazy as to be overbearing
Favorite Side Pony: Big McIntosh... mainly because he's unlike the rest of the characters
About Me: I got into MLPFIM from an article on The AV Club. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, but it's fun to watch on Saturdays.

Hi everyone... I mean everypony. :D
Welcome to the club, Mr Cat Dog! I'll add you to the list ASAP! Enjoy yourself here!
Old October 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Ahh, sorry for not being as active as usual. I've been busy with school since it's midterm "season." :/ Writing another essay right now and going to have to study for a math exam during the weekend. My Monday class also starts the coming Monday. Agh, stress!

On another note, Luna is now my favorite pony.

Old October 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Fear not, Cirno, for you shall not be punished. It's okay if you have periods of inactivity, as long you come back when it's done.

The repeat of "Luna Eclipsed" airs Saturday.
Old October 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Flame-Typhlosion
Champion

Nature: Impish
Oh snap!I nearly forgot about this thingy! srry.....So uh....Hi?

Old October 26th, 2011, 05:07 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
Yeehaw! Hi I'm Daisy!
Community Supporter

Hi, how are you doing, friend?
Old October 27th, 2011, 03:45 AM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Nature: Brave
Hey guys!

Lol, I have a cake decorating class, and I might make a cake with the design of Rainbow Dash!

Also, I think a cool episode for the beginning of Season 3 (if there IS a Season 3) would be if Luna got kidnapped by another evil being (make it pony or evil hybrid XDDD) and the mane six had to use the Elements of Harmony to save the night princess! What do you guys think?

The girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. See that man with the ugly scars? He fought for our country. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. Copy and paste this into your sig if you think bullying is wrong. You never know what it's like until you walk a mile in their shoes. -Taken from chef30
Old October 27th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Maybe add something along the lines that Princess Celestia isn't as young as she used to be, so she can't uphold day and night on her own, so the mane six use their Elements of Harmony to try and save Luna before the world is in uproar of nothing in terms of day and night. :3

Also I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I want to know. :)

What's your favourite fanmade Pony song?

Sponsored Links