Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 20th, 2012 (05:49 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Yeah, Pinkie blew EVERYTHING out of proportion and did some drastic things to try and get Cranky to be her friend.
Old February 21st, 2012 (09:23 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Sweet Candace:
Yeah, Pinkie blew EVERYTHING out of proportion and did some drastic things to try and get Cranky to be her friend.
That's what I love about Pinkie!

Also is it me or does that one pony (I believe her name was Apple Fritter?) bear a striking resemblence to Philia from the Tales series?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old February 21st, 2012 (12:04 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by LynLyra:
Yeah, even though it ended well. Pinkie Pie was just being rude and abnoxious.
Not a good lesson for kids.

"If they don't like you, get in there face and make them like you" . I would of liked the message better if it were "Not everyone will be you friend, but the friends you have will make up for it" or somehtng along those lines.
I find the lesson that Pinkie learned to be a good lesson, personally. While Pinkie did push it a bit so Cranky would become her friend, Pinkie learned that getting into one's face isn't how to make friends. Even when you make friends, you must learn to back off and allow said friends to have the space they want. While she didn't learn this until the end, at least she learned the lesson, and it is something kids should learn. Just because you are friends with someone it doesn't give you the right to start going into their face about everything. Something that a lot of people need to learn these days in my opinion.

I will agree that Pinkie blew things out of proportion and there could have been another lesson for her to learn from it, but I think in-between all that, she learned that you shouldn't be forceful when she backed off at the end.

That said, I liked the episode. I adoooore 'Smile', and I was happy to finally see the episode in which it came from.
that's what you have taught me,
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old February 22nd, 2012 (02:17 PM).

Quote:
Party of One is better with insane Pinkie Pie.
Old February 22nd, 2012 (05:52 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Houndour2005:
Party of One is better with insane Pinkie Pie.
Party of One was a completely different episode then Friend in Deed. You're kind of comparing apples to oranges, and comparing two episodes with two different plotlines (not to mention there was no real "insane" Pinkie in Friend in Deed).
Old February 24th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
Brony Hacker

Yes! Scientists are taking bronies seriously!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/ponies-and-science.html
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Old February 26th, 2012 (02:05 AM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Wow, he's planning on putting his research into a scientific journal? Also writing a book about it? That's freaking amazing. xDD;;
Can't wait to read more about it.

Anyway, I did some more fanart here. o3o
(God, I don't post in this club very much. D:)
Old February 26th, 2012 (01:55 PM).
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
A message to all clubs~
I'm going back to this profile. I wish to be a part of the club, but under this name. The reason for wanting to create a new profile is not valid anymore, and I'm more comfortable with my older username. Thank you. c:
Old February 26th, 2012 (04:57 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by TwiDragon:
A message to all clubs~
I'm going back to this profile. I wish to be a part of the club, but under this name. The reason for wanting to create a new profile is not valid anymore, and I'm more comfortable with my older username. Thank you. c:
Okay, we're going back to the beginning? All right, the user list will be re-updated and you're username will be put back onto the list.
Old February 27th, 2012 (06:43 PM).
No thinking , just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm joining
- Favorite Episode: Luna Eclipsed
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy and Raindow Dash
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy, Applebloom, Doctor Whooves, and Sweetie Belle.
- About Me: I was pretty skeptical at first about watching MLP. I've seen a ton of fan art on DeviantArt and wonder what it was about, but was worried about what my family would think if they knew I was watching a girls show. I learned that my little brother also watched the show in secret and that he was a brony. And I'm proud to say I'm a brony.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old February 28th, 2012 (06:25 AM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
I'm joining
- Favorite Episode: Luna Eclipsed
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy and Raindow Dash
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy, Applebloom, Doctor Whooves, and Sweetie Belle.
- About Me: I was pretty skeptical at first about watching MLP. I've seen a ton of fan art on DeviantArt and wonder what it was about, but was worried about what my family would think if they knew I was watching a girls show. I learned that my little brother also watched the show in secret and that he was a brony. And I'm proud to say I'm a brony.
Okay, welcome to the club, but before I put into a usergroup, I need you two decided between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, so can be put into one of them.

Hope you have fun here in the club.
Old February 29th, 2012 (12:53 PM).
Gold Tier

Okay, welcome to the club, but before I put into a usergroup, I need you two decided between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, so can be put into one of them.

Hope you have fun here in the club.
Ok. Uh I'll go with Fluttershy she's way too adorable to say no. :3

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

Old February 29th, 2012 (01:52 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Ok. Uh I'll go with Fluttershy she's way too adorable to say no. :3
Okay, I'll add to you the Member List. Welcome officially to the club.
Old February 29th, 2012 (02:29 PM).
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
Anyone here know about Derpys new voice?

I'm just loving watching the outcry. I'm a fan of the show and all, but there is so much noise to the itunes version of that episode.
Old February 29th, 2012 (05:15 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by TwiDragon:
Anyone here know about Derpys new voice?

I'm just loving watching the outcry. I'm a fan of the show and all, but there is so much noise to the itunes version of that episode.
Yeah, the whole Derpy voice hubbub (and everything about Derpy) is kind of sad. I hate the people who think that everything has some underlying meaning, and in no way is Derpy Hooves making fun of handicapped people.
Old February 29th, 2012 (08:09 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

Except, in a way, the scene was. "Derpy" is used in an offensive manner to mock people with disabilities. People with disabilities were offended by it, even though other people might not have seen it. Between the name, the voice (which the voice actor based on a boy with mental disabilities), and the way that Dash treated her (bullying her) made the scene offensive. Particularly the last part, since there shouldn't be any bullying of anyone in a show about friendship, especially from a main character that little children look up to.

As Hasbro said.

Quote:
"The 'My Little Pony Friendship is Magic' series has always been about acceptance and inclusion, and the series strives to convey that through the playful antics of a diverse cast of characters," Hasbro spokeswoman Nicole Angello told us over email. "Some viewers felt that aspects of the episode 'The Last Roundup' did not stay true to the core message of friendship which is the heart and soul of the series. Hasbro Studios decided to make slight audio alterations to this single episode."
As for Bubblecup's new voice, I love it. She's got more attitude, more sarcasm to it. She seems to be trolling Dash now.

I still wish the scene had been kept the way it was originally written. As Rogers explains in her letter:

Quote:
The scene I wrote was originally longer and had a flashback explaining exactly what Ditzy Doo had done to damage Town Hall. She and Rainbow Dash were "Bucking Bolts" out of the clouds during a storm. Ditzy Doo was bucking too close to Ponyville central. Rainbow kept trying to yell over the noisy bucking for Ditzy to move away from town. But Ditzy could not hear her and thought that Rainbow was complimenting her for her great buck bolting. Ditzy then hit Town Hall with a bolt. And, thus, the damage.
That works a lot better than how the original scene went.

As for the bronies reactions to the change and to the people who voiced their concerns over the original scene, it's actually extremely frightening how much violence is directed towards people. I've seen a lot of threats coming from bronies over this. It's rather disturbing.
Old March 1st, 2012 (06:15 AM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Astinus:
As for the bronies reactions to the change and to the people who voiced their concerns over the original scene, it's actually extremely frightening how much violence is directed towards people. I've seen a lot of threats coming from bronies over this. It's rather disturbing.
It's some bronies that give the whole fanbase a bad name. Not every brony is like that, some just love the show, and don't try to constantly stir up trouble like this.
Old March 1st, 2012 (12:32 PM).
Brony Hacker

I don't have a lot of time today so I'll just say this: Happy Derpy Day! (google it)

Old March 1st, 2012 (01:10 PM). Edited March 1st, 2012 by awolfsquared.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Astinus:

It's some bronies that give the whole fanbase a bad name. Not every brony is like that, some just love the show, and don't try to constantly stir up trouble like this.
It's the way people acted in the Derpy situation is why I'm ashamed to call myself a brony( sort of condratictory to my sign-up thing I know). I guess I'm one of those bronies mainly who just enjoy the show. There are some aspects of the fanbase I'm ok with,but most of it like the perverted stuff disgusts me.

I was pretty calm during the Derpy thing. I don't really like her new voice, but after reading the letters from Hasbro and the writer, I can understand and accept it more.

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I don't have a lot of time today so I'll just say this: Happy Derpy Day! (google it)
Happy Derpy Day to you too and to everypony of course!

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

Old March 1st, 2012 (01:29 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

It's the way people acted in the Derpy situation is why I'm ashamed to call myself a brony( sort of condratictory to my sign-up thing I know). I guess I'm one of those bronies mainly who just enjoy the show.
Yeah, sometimes I feel that way too. I get constantly disgusted at the actions that some bronies do, and they always do stuff that just sickens me.
Old March 1st, 2012 (04:34 PM).
Brony Hacker

I've got time now. ^_^

Yeah, sometimes I feel that way too. I get constantly disgusted at the actions that some bronies do, and they always do stuff that just sickens me.
I agree. Unfortunately, my sister judges ALL bronies (and furries too) only by the bad examples. Most bronies are good people!

Old March 1st, 2012 (05:43 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I agree. Unfortunately, my sister judges ALL bronies (and furries too) only by the bad examples. Most bronies are good people!
The actions of many are often judged by the actions of a few. The few bad bronies give every brony a bad name.
Old March 1st, 2012 (10:39 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

That's why I ignore fandom half the time haha. Or rather I stick to where the fandom is good such as this place. When it concerns Derpy Hooves/Ditsy Doo I'm not surprised it was altered and it's a bit sad in some of the reactions you get from bronys (which is why I'd like to say that I like the show but not a brony). My friend was very upset about the whole Derpy alteration things and the best I could do without offending him or anything was to say 'well it happened so we'll just have to deal with it'. I'm curious to hear her new voice though as I didn't like her old one at all.
that's what you have taught me,
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old March 2nd, 2012 (12:16 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

I was totally against giving Derpy a much bigger role. She was born off being an "Easter Egg", then turned into a "Where's Waldo?" kind of character. Now, they wanted to take all the fun out of looking for her, and they tried to make her a mane pony?

They should've stopped at "Where's Waldo?", because I think, if they did, I don't think all this backlash would've come. (But, yes, I know. Someone would still probably find a way to be offended by it.)
Old March 2nd, 2012 (09:50 PM).
a fiery passion
Crystal Tier

Whoa, haven't been here in forever.

My thoughts about the Derpy being canon and all? tbh I'm completely sick and tired of it all to where I just don't care about it. All the bronies over on Google+ keeps erupting about it every time something about it pops up. TTnTT

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)