The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Wow, great! It sounds exciting! I can't wait for next week then.
Good luck! (;
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
Will be playing this game once beta comes out. You should be happy :D
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Nature: Rash
This hack just keeps getting better and better! The Pokennect thing is totally awesome. Looking forward to the beta!

Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Really excited to hear about who you gonna call mini game so i deff cant wait to hear the next updates ( :

Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:34 AM
zumba
Skyline

Oh wow. All these updates look awesome look awseome man. I can tell u been putting a lot of effort into ur game and its deffinitally paying off and looking great. Keep up the amazing work.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
The hacks keeps crashing for me You got any tips on how to fix it?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
Wow, great! It sounds exciting! I can't wait for next week then. :)
Good luck! (;
Thanks! You won't be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
Will be playing this game once beta comes out. You should be happy :D
I'm happy whenever anyone plays my hack, whether it's one person or 937!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
This hack just keeps getting better and better! The Pokennect thing is totally awesome. Looking forward to the beta!
Thanks! I love the Pokennect too! The beta will not disappoint. That's a promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Really excited to hear about who you gonna call mini game so i deff cant wait to hear the next updates ( :
Just for you, I'll even include a few screenshots of the minigame in action!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumba View Post
Oh wow. All these updates look awesome look awseome man. I can tell u been putting a lot of effort into ur game and its deffinitally paying off and looking great. Keep up the amazing work.
Yup. I'm trying my best to make this hack stand out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 View Post
The hacks keeps crashing for me :( You got any tips on how to fix it?
Can you tell me exactly what happened and what emulator you're using via PM. Thanks.

POLL
I'm working as fast as I can. So far I am proud to say that there are NO bugs, errors [grammatical or otherwise] or oddities to report in the current working build [besides the DNS issue that's in the first post]. Update #10 will come by the end of this week, [I'm shooting for Thursday]. In beta news, I still don't have a release date though I'm aiming for late August/Early September. It will have only 3 gyms and covers the first 8/17cities and towns of the region. As long as everything goes according to plan the beta will be out before everyone starts school. But the main reason I'm doing this minor update is because I have a question. On page 4 everyone saw the whole thing with Frostbite claiming I stole his content or whatever and I ended up changing the cave battlebacks. Well today I made it to a cave [Coal Tunnel] and decided the platform for the caves didn't look right, so I recolored them. But I don't know which one is better:

Option 1

-or-

Option 2

Leave a comment below and tell me which platform color I should stick to. I may or may not change the brown rim around the edge of the platform depending on whether or not I find a suitable color. Let me know what you think!
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Maxpeter
Beginning Trainer

Hi! I joined because I love hacked games. Anyway, could you tell me please, how long i it now, and how long do you plan to make it? So I mean now how long does it take to get to this version's end and how long do you plan to get to the last version's end. (playtime )
(It would be awesome if all pokemon would be able to be caught I hated the original ones because I could have only one starter and there were differences between the two versions. So I suggest letting us catching all of them. For example for the rare pokemons a safari zoor thing like that )
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:55 PM
LapeFruitz
Khaos Hacker

Nature: Lax
go with the second floor thingy-ma-jiggy

Old July 25th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Option 2 is better than Option 1.
So for me Option 2.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:52 PM
CosmosStrike
:D

Nature: Timid
This hack is truly amazing! I might be able to make a userbar if you want. Oh and i'd go with option 2, it looks nicer imo.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Rakaia

This hack is great, i wish you would use the fourth generation to, only because i want to play with glaceon and leafeon, but hey the game is still great.
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Maxpeter
Beginning Trainer

I guess option 2 is better. I hope we can give certain ideas that you may be able to use.
Oh and the at the first or at the second gym we should get the fly. It always annoyed me that I had to wait for it for too long.
I think you should give us the running shoes at the beginning too
I hope these ideas will be useful!
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
This is going to sound like a weird request, but could I see the first one with a different Pokemon? I like it for the Zubat... but I might only like it for the Zubat. It makes a nice contrast with the shadow, but I'm curious how it'd look for something that isn't flying.
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Here ya go Snakebyte. Here's one of a non-flying pokemon.
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Hm. I still like the first one.
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

I like the second one ( : looks more cave-ish lol.

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM

I rather prefer the first one.The second's rocks are too dark and blend with the ground.It's kinda hard to distinguish it.
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
zumba
Skyline

Hmmm... i kinda like the second one better. Maybe if u took the color of the ground from option one and colored the rocks in option two that color, it might look good. Idk tho. Just a suggestion im throwin out there.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:21 PM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Nature: Rash
I think the second background looks better. It's darker, so it looks more like the floor of an actual cave. (and I like dark things lol)

Old July 29th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpeter View Post
Hi! I joined because I love hacked games. Anyway, could you tell me please, how long i it now, and how long do you plan to make it? So I mean now how long does it take to get to this version's end and how long do you plan to get to the last version's end. (playtime ;) )
(It would be awesome if all pokemon would be able to be caught :) I hated the original ones because I could have only one starter and there were differences between the two versions. So I suggest letting us catching all of them. For example for the rare pokemons a safari zoor thing like that :) )
Of course all of the Pokemon will be available to capture. Most rares via RTC Events, others in the Safari Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LapeFruitz View Post
go with the second floor thingy-ma-jiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Option 2 is better than Option 1.
So for me Option 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosStrike View Post
This hack is truly amazing! I might be able to make a userbar if you want. Oh and i'd go with option 2, it looks nicer imo.
Thanks for voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaia View Post
This hack is great, i wish you would use the fourth generation to, only because i want to play with glaceon and leafeon, but hey the game is still great.
Sorry only Gen III Pokemon, I would love to add 4th gen's but there isn't any room for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpeter View Post
I guess option 2 is better. I hope we can give certain ideas that you may be able to use.
Oh and the at the first or at the second gym we should get the fly. It always annoyed me that I had to wait for it for too long.
I think you should give us the running shoes at the beginning too :)
I hope these ideas will be useful!
You get the Running Shoes before you can even leave your home town. Regarding Fly, there's already a point in the story in which you get it, and unfortunately it isn't until after the 4th Gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
Hm. I still like the first one. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
I like the second one ( : looks more cave-ish lol.
Thanks for voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 View Post
I rather prefer the first one.The second's rocks are too dark and blend with the ground.It's kinda hard to distinguish it.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumba View Post
Hmmm... i kinda like the second one better. Maybe if u took the color of the ground from option one and colored the rocks in option two that color, it might look good. Idk tho. Just a suggestion im throwin out there.
Right now the rocks are the same color in both screenshots. They look better in the first option due to the contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
I think the second background looks better. It's darker, so it looks more like the floor of an actual cave. (and I like dark things lol)
It's actually the exact same color as the new cave tiles.

Update:

Alright guys I have big news. I've finally decided on a Beta release date! The beta will be released September 5, 2011! I'm only one town away from finishing the beta [story-wise] actually. The reason I put the release for so far off is so that I have time to work on mini-games, sidequest, and improving the overall look of the game. I'm also in need of some testers. The beta testers picked will have had to be on PC for more than 6 months and are active members of the board. If you want to apply send me a PM. The beta will be sent to approved testers the week of August 27th.
So yeah, that's the big news regarding the beta. In other news I've inserted new cave tiles, credit to Kyledove for the tiles and Manipulation for the idea [since Sienna uses the same tiles]. Also I have another battle background to show off. It's the exact same as the other indoor tiles except for in a different palette. So far there are three colors, Blue for the Gym Leaders, Purple for the Gym Trainers, and Green as a default. Since FR has so many different palettes for the indoor battles expect to see some other variations including Grey and Red.
The rest of the screenshots are pretty self explanatory. With quite a few relating to the Who You Gonna Call? mini-game. To save space [and avoid boring the players who don't care about the mini-game] I've put the details relating to the Mini-game in spoiler tags. If you don't care about the mini game, skip the spoiler.
Spoiler:

The leader of the Ecto-Team is a guy named Zane, who is Sabrina's [from Kanto] uncle. After every mission you have to talk to him to release the spirit. If you seal a spirit you cannot seal another one until you've freed the one you currently have sealed. It should be noted that Pokemon Spirits cannot be captured [credit to JPAN for the routine] and may or may not be underleveled.

Finally, there's a screenshot from an event in Echo Tunnel. This is where all of your rivals finally meet each other. This event is pretty pivotal to the secondary plot in Shattered Dreams.
Enough talking though, here are the screenshots.

Conclusion
Keep voting on the cave floors. Also keep commenting and telling me what you'd like to see in this beta, bearing in mind that this is only a three gym beta and the story element is pretty much completed. I have a few ideas I want to implement but I gotta make sure that they're possible and I credit the proper people. There will only be two more updates before the release of the beta.
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Those Cave tiles are awesome :D. It would be great if you change inside tiles like house ans others.
Good luck

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I kinda looked over this hack before, and I so regret it now. The features are amazing, and I'll definitely play it when the beta comes out. Plus, the plot involves Jirachi, which is a major plus. XD The Ghostbusters-style mini-quest seems interesting. Also, I like that you're implementing dive. I've always loved that HM. XD

Also, I prefer the first battle background/option 1. It just looks more visually pleasing imo, although I do like the dark floor of option 2, although I think it just blends in just too much. :\

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; July 29th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:20 AM
drew6464
Artist, spriter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Thanks! You won't be disappointed.

I'm happy whenever anyone plays my hack, whether it's one person or 937!

Thanks! I love the Pokennect too! The beta will not disappoint. That's a promise.

Just for you, I'll even include a few screenshots of the minigame in action!

Yup. I'm trying my best to make this hack stand out.

Can you tell me exactly what happened and what emulator you're using via PM. Thanks.

POLL
I'm working as fast as I can. So far I am proud to say that there are NO bugs, errors [grammatical or otherwise] or oddities to report in the current working build [besides the DNS issue that's in the first post]. Update #10 will come by the end of this week, [I'm shooting for Thursday]. In beta news, I still don't have a release date though I'm aiming for late August/Early September. It will have only 3 gyms and covers the first 8/17cities and towns of the region. As long as everything goes according to plan the beta will be out before everyone starts school. But the main reason I'm doing this minor update is because I have a question. On page 4 everyone saw the whole thing with Frostbite claiming I stole his content or whatever and I ended up changing the cave battlebacks. Well today I made it to a cave [Coal Tunnel] and decided the platform for the caves didn't look right, so I recolored them. But I don't know which one is better:

Option 1

-or-

Option 2

Leave a comment below and tell me which platform color I should stick to. I may or may not change the brown rim around the edge of the platform depending on whether or not I find a suitable color. Let me know what you think!
Make the brown rim on option 2 be a darker version of the existing shade used for the floor.

Also, the female version coming up.

If you need gym leaders, PLEASE PM me. I demand practice.
If you cannot get ahold of me / sent a message with no reply to me, the best course of action would be to send me a message on Skype (hesitationaggravation) or deviantART (monochrome0), because I am by no means consistently active on these forums.

Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall
Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall

Last edited by drew6464; July 30th, 2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: adding
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Nooo.... I wanted all my city names to be unique; now you gone and used Beacon city. Altough your a copy cat (Just kidding); you have some nice screen shots on your hands. The mapping, on the other hand, seems a little too square for my taste.I like the attempts, and success at changing some of the core graphics. Good Luck~NarutoActor
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links