Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:33 PM
SomeGuy7337

Advertise here
This is an amazing hack. one of the best i have played. Thanks for making it, only issue i have had is save but that is nothing new. Also thank you for continuing development i have seen so many good hacks end because the person doing it stops, and if a person stops development. Also wanted to say this works fine on GBoid for Android.
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Lucario Rift
Pokemon Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Oh ya 4got to say as well, I noticed a bit of a problem with the males bike. When riding it and going down looks like da guys gonna fall off haha. But seriously I see dat the bike sprite is a bit off to the right in the game, not a big prob obviously but still one 2 check.
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Okay so here's an example of the sprites being too big:

The Magikarp in particular is MASSIVE.
Now here's Chaos Rush's resized sprites:

These are scaled down to match the GBA sprites in size.
Now here's the two side by side:

Imo, the one on the right looks a lot better. :)
(Btw don't worry I never hacked your ROM to change the sprites, I just edited a screenshot on paint.)

Also, will you ever be adding gen IV and V Pokémon? I want to evolve my Togepi eventually into Togekiss.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
VempireblacK
VempireblacK=NightkymZ

Hi....how you change the world map(Actually I dont know how to said)I think the town map/pokemon
fly to another town.How did you guys change it?can teach me? please
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
The Angry Bean :]

Nature: Quirky
Am I supposed to be playing the Beta or the Alpha? Neither are playing the hack for me. I've patched them both to a clean Fire Red, but I can't get either to play the hack. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
(Sorry if it's a stupid question.) Anyway, looks great either way!
Lots of luck.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work with the Beta. I did notice though when I am playing the game I cannot bring up the Pokemon menu.. (where you save, and check your pokemon and stuff.) When I hit start it brings up the "help" menu instead. :/

I really enjoyed what I've played so far, and will continue to play later. :]

Last edited by The Angry Bean :]; December 5th, 2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Finally got it to work with the Beta.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Okay so here's an example of the sprites being too big:

The Magikarp in particular is MASSIVE.
Now here's Chaos Rush's resized sprites:

These are scaled down to match the GBA sprites in size.
Now here's the two side by side:

Imo, the one on the right looks a lot better.
(Btw don't worry I never hacked your ROM to change the sprites, I just edited a screenshot on paint.)

Also, will you ever be adding gen IV and V Pokémon? I want to evolve my Togepi eventually into Togekiss.
Hmm, I see what you're saying but in my opinion the resized one looks too small when compared to the Battleground. Either way, I'll leave them the way they are for now.

As for Gen IV or V pokemon that's a maybe. I may add some Gen IV evolutions and pre-evolutions but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Bean :] View Post
Am I supposed to be playing the Beta or the Alpha? Neither are playing the hack for me. I've patched them both to a clean Fire Red, but I can't get either to play the hack. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
(Sorry if it's a stupid question.) Anyway, looks great either way!
Lots of luck.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work with the Beta. I did notice though when I am playing the game I cannot bring up the Pokemon menu.. (where you save, and check your pokemon and stuff.) When I hit start it brings up the "help" menu instead. :/

I really enjoyed what I've played so far, and will continue to play later. :]
Check the button settings on your emulator. This is new to me.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:14 PM
The Angry Bean :]

Nature: Quirky
Hey, just finished the Beta. Great job! I especially loved your Pokemon choices throughout the game, it all felt very natural and had a nice flow. The level of the wild Pokemon and trainers were spot on as well. It was the perfect difficulty.

I only noticed one tiny thing:
After Lex gets done talking to you in cave that you need an escape rope to go into, as he walked away he walked right through my players sprite..

(Btw, I got the menu to show as well. My joystick controls were set wrong. oops. )

Can't wait for the next update. :D
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:38 PM
SomeGuy7337

I am playing it and loving it however i came upon the second gym and when i enter my screen goes black and the music stops, and the game doesnt respond(program does) i am running this off of my GBoid. Any help would be great. i actually got bored enough i spent alot of time just working on leveling my guys up. so bored i now have a blastoise because i had to wait till i was home to post this. Thanks
Old December 12th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Can you change it to an .ips file? I patched it with Pokemon Fire Red ROM, and it was corrupted.
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

This looks promising. The pictured you took look great as well.
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
i'm only at the first gym and although i haven't been looking for bugs, i have come across some misspelled words and letters being misplaced within the word. iv'e also noticed that you taken out the main characters dialogue (i think that's what its called lol) so where they no longer speak anymore. that sucks, i liked that feature a lot. still a great game so far though. keep up the amazing work ( :

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

In my opinion I like the sprites the way they are now. I am even gonna have sprites that size in a ROM Hack I plan on making later that are in 4th and 5th generation sized. Oh and do the rival and evil team have different music like Azure Horizons since there is Hoenn music in game or is the trainer battle music the same?
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Copyright Infringement.
Old December 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

It's Christmas here, I'm at Emerald Town Pokémon Center like you said but I haven't found my ticket...do you know where it is?
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
mralexs
Unhatched Egg

I got to the 2nd gym and all I get is a black screen. Has the Hack been made that far yet?
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
SomeGuy7337

Quote:
Originally Posted by mralexs View Post
I got to the 2nd gym and all I get is a black screen. Has the Hack been made that far yet?
I have the same problem. I am trying to find a way to convert the Gamboid save state to something i could run on my computer but cant find a way, since Gameboid doesn't want to save to a 128k save file. i wanted to convert to see if it would work on the computer
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
After I finally got around to playing the beta, I've really enjoyed it. :D Congrats on making such an amazing hack. ;)
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM
mralexs
Unhatched Egg

So does anyone have a fix for the gym problem?
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
pikalax
Beginning Trainer

Loving the Beta so far. I'm recording a Let's Play for my YouTube channel - YouTube.com/PikalaxALT

Banner by yours truly.
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:07 AM
SomeGuy7337

Any idea when this might get an update? On GameBoid the screen turns black at the 2nd gym and because GameBoid doesn't support the save file i had to use save states, so no way to convert and play on computer to get past that gym.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
jammeym1

if you ope for suggestions
could you put in a little shop where you can buy eggs
but at the start you can only by normal type pokemon
but if you fight an electrical gym and defeat it it adds on electric pokemon eggs
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
GhettoDerp
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys. I'm doing a playthrough of this too, didn't know Pikalax was until just now! I have all parts of my Alpha playthrough up, and right now I'm working on uploading and recording the Beta. You can check it out at my youtube which is the same username as on here. Thanks!
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:00 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Is the third gym the on in Shell Harbor? Also what can you do in Ouija Town besides visit the ghost house? And where of is the beta's ending at, I believe that it's after beating the third gym leader, but I'm not sure.
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Copyright Infringement.
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:31 AM
danwager11
Beginning Trainer

it wont let me download the beta
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator

Nature: Adamant
This hack looks amazing.I have to try the beta when i have some free time.
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Not to be off-topicish, but what wi-fi events will we do, and that how do we access it in the GBA rom?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here