The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 03:31 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Episode 9: "The Bloom Is on Axew"

The episode will be airing soon.

I'll be posting later with my thoughts.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

A great episode! My favorite scene was when Axew let out what Ash later called "Dragon Sneeze." That was pretty funny. As for Iris, she called Ash "a kid" twice in one episode. Now it's really getting on my nerves. I hope Ash soon explains to her all that he's been through throughout his journey, if he ever will. We'll see who's the kid after that.

Team Rocket's mission continues to unfold, but it has yet to fully reveal itself.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old April 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
Meh, Iris is pretty trashy so she has no real reason to talk atm. Ash is a fairly nice guy. He really could have called her a kid since she was being so damn whiny. He had a point in his advice too.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Amazingly, I was able to see this one.

This is the first time I've seen Iris, so personality-wise, she's alright. However, is it me, or she doesn't seem to respect Ash all that much? I'm starting to see why everyone has complained about the almost regression of his character. I don't like Ash or Satoshi, but give the boy his due. Yeesh.

Over on the Rocket side, we have some nice foreshadowing, including the trio's upcoming handler, Flint. (His Japanese name, and I hope TPCI doesn't change it. I think we can have two-three Flints, including, yes, the recent Sinnoh Elite Four member.) I also liked how Giovanni re-stated the organization's plan for global domination, as that was strangely omitted in the first B/W episode. Dogasu has the dialogue issue below:

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...shu/bw001.html

Otherwise, all I could say is that I like Cilan's voice actor. Something about Sonic X's voice actor alongside Ash's, it amuses me, having grown up in the 90's Nintendo/Sega wars. Heh. I also like Marc Thompson voicing the Pokedex, so it's all good.

Also, was anyone else amused by the weird Ash/Pikachu battle? Yeah, you go ahead and take a Volt Tackle directly, sonny boy, the sane people will be over here. Heh. Crazy times.

Not bad. It's filler in plot direction, yet there's enough detail to make it worth your while.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
AusGut
Beginning Trainer

Great thing about this season is that it has gone back to its roots of the Kanto region. There was a reason for me waking up earlier in the morning and getting ready for school quickly was to watch Ash further his adventure at a quick and reasonable pace. Thank God finally we see ash with his team and we are 8 episodes in! What has it taken ash the last two seasons to make his full team? like 50 episodes? Anyway the episode was a great filler had a back story of iris and plot developement so it wasnt a complete waste of time. I hope the rest of season is like this and we get the entire league done in 50 episodes like kanto.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
WriteThemWrong
LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice

Nature: Lax
The opening battle between Axew and Pansage was hilarious. The gentle bullet seed and the solar beam looked really funny. I can't wait to see what they'll do with Axew. I'm also really interested in the Team Rocket scheme in the Desert Resort.

Pikachu imitating Scolipede also made my day.
It's hard talking to cactus.

I think my head is dying
It's like being trapped in a room of smells
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
"This season is just full of suprises" I thaught to myself when i found out iris has another pokemon, prety cranky but powerful as demonstrated. reminds me of possibly charmelion/ charizard but not entirely.

I have one huge question. I was eating my breakfast while watching and the new agent that's going to help team rocket. was it me or did it look like the darkrai guy from the sinnoh league who beat everybody but ash with just his darkrai?
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Both dubbed and Japanese version I never get bored with this one, the only thing that annoyed me was Iris didn't take Ash's advice or battle him. I mean Ash has gone easy on Pokemon before way back in Kanto, he would have here too but whatever as Ash saidXD The ending is freakin funny, they need a round 2 with Ash learning new attacks LOL. Over all a favorite of mine and can't wait for the next one.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old April 4th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I enjoyed this episode, despite my complaining comments @~@

- Grr...Iris...stop saying...
- Her Azew...is pathetically weak o____O For some reason, it annoys me rather than makes me laugh
- She's right though, Cilan is a gentleman~
- Ash: "OK. What.EVER." LOL
- URGH, Iris, why are you even a gym leaader??
- ...That Solarbeam looked like spermz @~@
- Why is the dub adding in horrible music in the spaces
- Stop...making..."who's that Pokemon"...references...
- Why has that bug Pokemon suddenly stopped attacking when Excadrill was sent out? lol
- ...Skullispede has the weirdest voice...
- I think that Excadrill would;ve shreded Skullipede in two when it used it's blades @~@
- Ash's and Pikachu's battle was funny XD
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Episode that makes Iris look lame is bad.

-Oh goodness Axew is weak D=
-Scollipede is HUGE! :o
-How did Iris catch an Excadrill? How did Iris catch and Excadrill with Axew?...
-Ash is such a kid T___T
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Once again, an episode review from the archives...

Review of BW009, The Bloom Is On Axew!

Comments:

-REALLY GETTING DESPERATE with the puns now...I'd rather have "Out of Control Pendror! Rescue Kibago!"

-Iris vs. Cilan...? Interesting...

-Geez...Iris is a bit loud today, forcing Ash to just shut up and watch the battle.

-ROFL at the slo-mo Bullet Seed attack from Pansage. And yet Axew STILL cries despite the gentleness AND resisting Grass-type attacks...

-Dang...Iris pulled out the "just a little kid" card on Ash again.

-LOL I don't think I've ever heard Ash say "whatever" like a girl. XD

-LOL.. "Axew's sure not cutting it". Literally. XD

-LOL yet again at the dummied-down Solarbeam. Iris's Axew is on track to becoming the wimpiest Haxorus ever. T_T

-OMG...Ash is finally giving advice to IRIS! As it should be - I totally wanted to hear him say "Such a kid" to get back at Iris for all the time she has unnecessarily said it in the past.

-Yikes; that meteorite fragment had enough power to split continents! This Meteorite better be related to the Meteorite that was important to Professor Cozmo back in the Hoenn region...

-ROFL @ the name "Dragon Sneeze". Perfect for that variant of Dragon Rage! XD

-Hmm...finally, some insight on Iris!

-OMGZ Reshiram and Zekrom STATUES!!!!

-"Magnificent Haxorus". I'd never thought I'd hear the day where the words magnificent and h4x0rz could be used side by side yet still make sense. ;_;

-AMAZING! I'm glad Ash's Pikachu knows how to use moves WITHOUT his Trainer having to be nearby issuing commands! *claps for Pikachu* The Iron Tail was awesome, even though it wasn't very effective and Pikachu ending up slamming into a tree trunk.

-*Axew performs the Dragon Sneeze maneuver*
"What was that?" -Iris
"It's Axew's Dragon Sneeze!" -Ash
" (sarcastically) FUN-NY!" -Iris

LOL.

-Ugh; I hate Scolipede's voice. I thought it sound more ladylike and alluring to contrast the giant, menacing image...

-LOL at Pikachu's Scolipede imitations. Cute.

-0_0 That Pokemon's Toxic attack can melt ROCK? Why isn't Poison super-effective against Rock then? That was freaking awesome; how the Toxic just melted away the rock!

-Oh gosh...Excadrill just dropped with a "THUD!" in that "burrowing" form...0_0.

-OK, I admit Iris was BA rescuing her Axew from a freaking huge Scolipede like that with ninja skillz!

-And now Excadrill rolls and slams into a rock plateau!

-OH GOSH I LOVE EXCADRILL'S VOICE!! He sounds French or something!!

-MY GOSH THAT HEAD TOSS OF SCOLIPEDE BY EXCADRILL WAS AMAZING.

-OMG - even when people applaud it, Excadrill is still rude! -.-

-Why is Iris so reluctant to battle Ash? Geez? Must we wait until the 8th Unova Gym?

-LOL, Ash and Pikachu were serious about battling each other!! XD That kid is INSANE, playing with 100,000 volts like that. I think this event deserves a Darwin Award.

-Iris is still hot. :3

4/5
Very nice episode; Best Wishes is shaping up to be quite the season! DRAGON SNEEZE
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
DoubleWide
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DoubleWide
Why didn't Ash simply have Snivy use its Whiplash, I mean Vinewhip, to get Axew (Bless You) away from Skullipede? They still could have interacted with it and perhaps Iris could have gotten a new Pokemon?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links