Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 27th, 2011 (04:50 PM).
West Side

Nature: Relaxed
"....." Silence. That is Xavier followed my conversation with Bernkastel. The only noise he could hear was the sound of the train slowing to a halt, and yet that was still quite low in volume. I guess Xavier can thank his demon blood for hearing that miniscule noise. He looked like a completely blank shell, that wasn't made for thinking, nor fighting. Some would say that gives him a disadvantage, others would claim that as an advantage. On one end, nobody can clearly estimate his strength and go in while underestimating him, but on the other end, he'd get less sponsors and while others would be getting care packages, he'd have to live off the land. Both are interesting to see play out. "...."

Once the train had finally made itself to a complete stop, Xavier immediately stood up to leave the train, but the servants were to busy dealing with the princess. No, don't actually think he's calling Paris a princess. It's called sarcasm. She always had to have things her way. She freaked out when there was about a nanometer more of sugar then she wanted before, and the servant had gotten no end to her yelling. Disgraceful. Xavier felt Bern grip his hand and whisper to him....

Xavier was the last one in line when they had exited the train, and he was met with the most annoying things he's ever seen in his life. The stupid robot cameras. Gosh, if you looked in a dictionary Xavier wrote, these mechanical monstrosities would pe the picture for annoying. Maybe you'd find them in ubnoxious too. Once the camera's made their rounds over both Ryuu and Bernkastel, they both swarmed Paris and me. They chose Paris for her entire body, but for Xavier, they just wanted to see his eyes. The camera's kept hovering not two centimeters away from Xavier's chest and would constantly look up, hoping for a chance too look at his eyes. It took all of his might not to throw one to the ground and smash it.

He saw two men approaching them and he inwardly sighed in relief. Maybe, the camera's would go swarm them instead of him. He was already at the point where he'd crush one under his feet, and he didn't need to get in trouble. They were gigantic and stood an incredible height over most in our district. Although, Xavier wasn't intimidated. It's not as if he was thinking he could beat them in a fight, but he just wasn't scared. Because of the camera's annoying the hell out of him, he didn't hear a word that the men said, but Xavier knew to follow the rest of the group. He wasn't dumb.

Xavier was keeping his eyes glued to the city around him. He was always used to the cramped, compressed piece of space that he had to live in, but this. This was incredible! Large, towering buildings were across the horizon. Like nothing Xavier had ever seen in his life! Smoke stacks filled the air, but it was still an amazing place to the demon. A new world he'd say.

At hearing the words spoken to Bernkastel, Xavier was beyond pissed off. He just wanted to go up to the man and snap his neck in half. It was bad enough to even bet a penny on someone, but when telling someone to die for the sake of money?! That's much more than revolting, that a new word needs to be made for it. How dare he say that to Bern?!

Once they boarded the helicopter, Xavier had no idea where to sit down. The seats around Bernkastel were taken, and there was no way in hell he was going to sit by Ryuu. That idiot is gonna get himself killed with his arrogance. Xavier's going to get a good laugh when he dies. Especially if it's by his hands. That would be very funny. He saw that the only open seat next to someone was Paris, and he didn't want to sit with someone from another district. Not that he was prejudice, it would just be awkward for him and the people next to him. It was going to be weird sitting next to the celebrity, but it'd have to do.
Old May 28th, 2011 (11:13 PM).
Bard of Rage

Nature: Bold
-Raike groaned as the train slowly began to cease its movement. He had given up on trying to study his opponents a few hours before, and had just tried to sleep again. Whats worse was that he had just found the perfect position for it too, which was extreemely difficult for people riding the train. He slid his legs over, and stood, grasping a pole for support while waiting for the train to stop, yawning a bit. The servent that usually called for the contestants to get ready, came, but saw that Raike was already up, and so he returned to wherever he had come from.

As soon as his boot hit the ground, he could hear the thousing clicking sounds of cameras taking pictures, as well as see the men holding video cameras. Throughout his life, he had never been very photogenic, and this? Well, it ryally pissed him off. He remebered how the situation was set, and restrained himself from attacking the camera men. When the gods came up, and began to speak, Raike zoned out, coming back to earth and hearing something about getting to some sort of chopper. He didn't know where it was, so he ended up following the rest of the group, still keeping a scowl on his face, and a hand in his pocket.

When it came into sight, and the group piled on, Raike could already feel the tension in the small space. The demons and vampires were glaring at the humans, and the angels didn't seem to be doing anything. He began to wonder why the humans had chosen to only accept angels as friends, it didn't really seem right. The demons have strength on their side, and vampires had some sort of power, he didn't know, or care to know. As he turned to look in front of him, he saw one of the demons glaring specifically at him.

-Raike stared right back, giving an even colder glare, and responding to his words with his own frigid tone.-

"Well, Horns, it feels pretty good going to sleep as a human, and also living as one. Also, I don't really plan to die here, so sorry if that put a dent in your plans or whatever. But right now, I don't have time to talk to you, Hellboy. Your threats are shallow, and boring, and you obviously have a high opinion of yourself. Just because you were the best in YOUR district, you shouldn't get too cocky, it might get you killed."

4/13
Old May 31st, 2011 (03:05 PM).
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Chapter 2 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

Now, just because I'm the daughter of the Angel's district leader, did not mean I was prepared for the treatment we got on the ending train ride. At least half a dozen servants swarmed into the room from God knows where, and were cattling us to the main exit at the center of the train. I had been too busy thinking, to realize that we had already stopped, and the outside world was frozen back into place, instead of the blurred forest I had been watching with interest, Speed always fascinated me, especially when it came to how quickly my mother's servants could make me look to be in my thirties. Speed was so underrated....

I looked up from my little day dreaming, to find that Pewita had grabbed my wrist, and flung me to be the first to exit. What...? I was confused at first, until of course the magnetic sliding doors broke apart, and two dozen little hovering cameras shoved into my air-space. It took effort just to leave the train's opening, and even then, I couldn't see anything beyond the annoying machines. Noises were droned out from their buzzing and clicking, but a nearby smash hinted the fact that somebody had gotten irritated. But, I was too concerned with the cameras down at my feet to worry about something someone had done. "H-hey! " I nudged a few away from me with my feet, and folded my arms around me protectively. I hated cameras. Loathed them. Ever since my mother was in power; cameras everywhere. I'm pretty sure there are still pictures of me at age six, having a bath with my dogs...Somewhere in cyber-space, anyways. For some pedophiles to find. No wonder I wasn't allowed outside without a handful of guards at my disposal...

Abruptly, a wave of cameras were smashed to my left, and I felt air rush past my face. Now looking at me with snake-like eyes was probably the most dangerous people I had ever had the pleasure to do me a favour. A God. He wasn't directly from the God's district, looking at the clothing...But a powerful God nonetheless. He had a powerful upper body, and his arms were literally ripped with muscles. He must have taken out at least ten cameras with that one arm swing, because upon further examination of my left, some weren't exactly weren't built to be smashed against cement. I swallowed nervously, and to my relief, the other cameras backed away considerably to make room for yet another body-building God. They were very threatening to me, to say the least. They hadn't said anything to me, nor the other participants, so there was an awkward feeling as though we were going to end up like those scraps of clicking metal. Looking behind me, I could see Pewita, Shizuka, and Kaito in that order. Pewita's fists were bunched up in irritation, and a sparking piece of iron was at her feet. Suddenly I felt sorry for the robot.

"Sorry about the paparazzi, miss Kunjui" The first God spoke out, waving to the cameras which now formed a perfect circle around our group. His low, ghastly voice was rather intimidating as well. Thank goodness he wouldn't be in the arena...I would be dead in flat, ten seconds. But, he seemed nice enough; giving me an apology even though he was probably betting on our lives mere hours earlier. But, I wouldn't have to worry about pleasing the crowd and getting more sponsors. I always had my mom---Oh. I smacked my forehead unconsciously, and closed my eyes. Right...Sort of *****-slapped my own mother back there...Not good sponsor-wise in her pockets...And I doubt she would have a change in heart after saying that I hated her. I really had to watch my mouth when it came to literal life-or-death situations....

I muttered something under my breath, but even I did not know what I was supposed to mean. With my royalty appearance, I probably had next to none on the sponsors scale. Sponsors money, equals wheither I die from starvation or poisoning....I better stay clear of suspicious plants, then...Unless Shizuka would be kind enough to lend some of his medicine. But what could I give in return? Probably only a limb body within a day. Which, brought up another question. Why make a truce with me of all people? I wasn't even on the chart for 'likely winners'!

I nodded slowly to the God, before lowering my lips into a frown of disappointment. I really wasn't going to last long in the arena. Especially if what I heard was true. I needed more allies, and fast. The God cleared his throat, before announcing that we needed to follow the two of them to the helicopter. This may have been contradicting my previous thoughts, but...A helicopter! Probably the coolest thing the humans invented back in the rusty years. Slowly, our group moved south from the northern station, and straight through the city. Factories thirty feet high, and the size of football fields engulfed us into a narrow street filled with workers and cameras. This was not for your claustrophobic people. And the place was so...Orderly. People didn't walk down the sidewalks in clusters, but in uniformed lines of one. No cars. Just your average two feet and optional hovercraft. There were no signs of children or women, so I quickly came to the conclusion this was a sort of military base for the Gods. Honestly, I was impressed, even though these very people were the ones bringing 'order' to our own...

The fact that it took nearly half an hour to reach the helicopter port was saying something about the size of this base. But, we got there in one piece without having the cameras or Gods attack us...Which, was a good head start. As always, the helicopter waiting for us was just like what I had seen take my father away last year. Hadn't heard from him since, so most likely dead. I had a good relationship with him...A much better one compared to my mother and myself. He would have stopped my mother from scheduling unneeded enhancements, and he would just cradle me and say I was perfect just being who I was, and that no enhancements would make his love for me greater. Oh...The tears are beginning to fall down my cheeks, and I brush them away clumsily as we step up to the platform. I can't look weak already.

We are just beginning to rise into the helicopter when yet another God stomps out with a huge smirk. What was in there that made him twist his lips into such a sinister way? Cautiously, I walked up to the entrance of the helicopter, only to find twelve pairs of eyes inside. Four belonging to the vampires...Then the demons, and finally the humans. I swallowed heavily, and stumbled around for a seat. Shyly, I slid down beside a boy from the human district I remember being named Raike. And he was talking to a demon across from him. Ryuu. It seemed to be a rather intense parting of words, and I prayed deep down that there would be guards to accompany us to the Gods district. Ryuu didn't look like one for calm flight, and Raike seemed to be one that would push him right down. My eyes trailed to Bernkastel, whom had a rose down her shirt and was giving a little candy to Marisa. Those two. Those two were going to be her allies.
Old May 31st, 2011 (03:39 PM). Edited June 1st, 2011 by Social Kibbles.

Send a message via AIM to Social Kibbles
Shizuka was just about to stir up a conversation with the other two Angel contestants when the train's speed began to slow, he quickly shifted his gaze to the nearest window just in time to read a sign: "Northern Station." District 5. They had finally arrived at their trains destination, the train coming to a complete stop. Shizuka's attention was then drawn to the other girl contestant grabbing Amelia and throwing her towards the doors, almost as if planned they sprung open and Amelia was instantly barraged by a swarm of cameras.

"The time is moving swiftly, soon the Reaping will begin and I will finally be able to prove myself to my father. To everyone. I will not fail and if the time comes where I might fail, I will make sure to bring everyone and everything down with me," thought Shizuka to himself.

Shizu had a lot on his mind and a lot of expectations for himself. As he strolled off the train he too was surrounded by the obnoxious clicking camera bots, but he swatted at them as if they were a swarm of bees and then just decided to continue walking. Shizu was amazed at what he saw, a giant factory looking city that spanned miles in every direction. People were walking in single file lines on all of the sidewalks and there didn't seem to be a car in sight, the occasional hover craft zooming by. All of the camera's might as well have been mosquito's, they just buzzed and clicked and swarmed over every inch of his body. Shizuka started breathing through his nose and out his mouth to calm himself, rage building from the closeness and invasion of his personal space.

It was then that two very large men strolled over to where we were. One of two Gods swatted some of the camera's away that had been harassing Amelia, the mechanical devices shattering instantly on the ground. Shizu begun to wonder what a punch from that guy would feel like, but the Gods cleared their throats to grab everyone's attention. The two of them stood at, both, very large heights and weights that would scare most people away instantly - a trait Shizuka quickly shed at a young age, learning that one must never show fear.

"Welcome to District 5, don't enjoy it because you won't be here for very long," spoke one of the gods. "And in fact if you didn't ever come we would not object, but nevertheless follow us to the helicopter." The second God finished his counter-parts statement and then they began walking and motioned for everyone to follow suit.

As they continued walking Shizuka began to wonder what the other contestants were truly going to be like, most of them probably just ruthless killers - Shizu had heard rumors that the other districts had different ways of choosing those who participated in the Reaping. More camera bots appeared from around a corner and flooded everyone's legs and arms and snapping pictures, Shizu quickly resuming the breathing technique he had stopped. His attention now restored to the path in front of him, Shizu could see a platform with the giant Helicopter on it, the next part of the trip was to be made through the air - but where were the other Helicopters for the other districts he wondered. Just as he finished his thought they arrived at the platform where the gods began to speak again.

"Here is your Helicopter for the remainder of your trip, may your journey be safe," said one of the guards while pointing at the giant aircraft. "It's been a few months since any Helicopters were shot down accidentally, hard to tell with people trying to escape all the time," laughed the other god menacingly.

Three guards quickly ushered everyone towards the Helicopter, I was the third to board and was quickly met with quite a shock. Sitting on leather benches, already, were twelve people - the Angels had been the last to arrive as Shizuka stared into the eyes of Vampires, Demons and Humans who were all staring right back at the four of them. As his eyes shifted from each individual to the next he let their names and faces solidify themselves into his brain - these people would be the ones he expected to be challenges.

Shiro. Marissa. Bernkastel. Jin. Ryuu.

The other districts competitors all looked bloodthirsty and ready to kill, except for Marissa. She appeared to be frightened of everyone around her, but that was obviously just an appearance involved with her strategy. Amelia took a seat next to one of the Human competitors, that same human appeared to be in a conversation with Ryuu but it had stopped once they had boarded the train. Shizuka decided to sit next to Bernkastel in order to try and pick up on anything he could from her, but he wasn't putting too much effort into it right now so as not to disrupt the temporary peace between everyone. He leaned back and shut his eyes to just relax for as long as he could, most likely only for the helicopter ride.

Smirking, Shizu thought to himself "The games have begun. Lets see where this is going to lead me."
A Journey will bring about companionship, enemies and tragedy to say the least. Yet, even so, these adventures allow a person to live life to the fullest. So just always remember, start a journey you intend to live.[/CENTER]
Old June 1st, 2011 (06:43 AM). Edited June 3rd, 2011 by Eeveemaster9.
Years of Lies

Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Chapter 2 - Nokoto Osoku - Human District

Freak.

That's the only word I could think of that would do minimal harm to such a...Freak. Of course I was talking about Jin. Miss Psycho Girl. MPG for short? After that whole incident of her almost choking me to death, they had her confined to a different part of the train. Even then, I could hear the violence and screaming. At one point, a servant came into our compartment to borrow an extinguisher. Can anyone ring out crazy for me? I'm pretty speechless myself. She must have rabies or something. Next thing I knew, the servants were suiting up and taking tazors with them whenever they went two meters close to the DOOR.

The ride was rather boring, to say the least. I was expecting maybe a little entertainment for our final days alive, but...What we got were the recaps of the reapings over and over again. Recap, survey, recap, results. That's how the televisions played out. No remotes to change the channel, and when I asked for one, all I got was a laugh by a couple of armed servants. Faust, whose real first name is Faustochi (Yes you hear me right. Even better, his parents are drug-addicts) is actually the sweetest-looking guy I've seen through all the participants in the recaps. His eyes are not sharp and bloodthirsty. A midnight blue shade, that are round and full of happiness. He may be a little on the pale side, but his lips are full and a cute pink. Couldn't you just DIE? (Not legit speaking. But if you wanted him to live, then I suppose) His hair must have been dyed, but it looks so natural, one might wonder if he is half-old. Fluffy snowflakes of hair that bounce with each lean he does. I also learned the interesting fact that he adores cooking. He went on about the difference between cupcakes and muffins, and I actually LISTENED. Not because I was simply attracted to him, but because his voice seemed to flow so nicely, it was a shame it would be broken in the games.

Raike didn't seem like much of a talker when it came to food. He was in his own little world off in the corner. I wanted to ask him to join because he looked so darn lonely, but Faust disagreed. Later on I realized why he didn't want Raike over here. He wanted to ask about becoming allies. A truce until nessesary. Of course I would accept! I mean, having a cute guy watching my back? Best thing ever. But that still led to the question of; if I make it to the end with him, will I have the guts or heart to kill him?

It had been hardly three hours, when the servants came back from an abrupt absence, and told us we were just arriving at the western station. Goodie. Couldn't wait. After that was the cool helicopter ride, right? Jin was the first to leave the train with a servant at her side. She looked rather beaten up, but not anything a few days of rest wouldn't heal. Rest? You got no rest the moment you were in district 5, apparently. The moment me, Faust, and Raike left the comfy quiet of the train, we were bombarded with fireworks of clicking, beeping, buzzing...By what? Cameras! I beamed at the sight of them, while the others sulked and waved them off. Cameras! I took one in my hand, and allowed it to sit in my palm as it took pictures of my face. When more cameras began crowding me curiously, I let go of the camera I was holding, and waved around happily. "HI MOM." I cried out. That seemed to spark the rest of the cameras away from Faust and Raike, and over to me. Now I was doing a few dancing moves to keep their attention fixated on me. I could see Faust laughing his arse off, and Jin was scowling. She didn't seem to like how only a couple cameras were looking at her.

"Stop with the damn ballet routine and grow up."

I stopped mid-spin, and completely went straight as if in a police lineup. It was offending to call it ballet, but I wasn't going to argue when I saw two heaping Gods glaring at me. One kept glancing at their watch, so I realized that they may have been waiting for me to get out of superstar mode and into reality. I wasn't doing too good, was I? I looked back at Faust, and he simply gave me a thumbs up and smile, which reassured me that I wasn't going to get beaten up. "Now before someone starts breaking into song for the stupid girl, lets get a move on." The two guards were just turning away to direct us, when a melodic voice crept through the clicking of the cameras. To defy their little funny, was Faust. Beat boxing. The two Gods looked as startled as I did. Before long, I was bursting out laughing at how silly Faust looked doing that. When Faust finished, the Gods looked so dumbfounded, that I had to add, "Looks like you got High School Musical this year."

It took longer than expected to reach the helicopter platform, what with the constant stops we had to make. About a hundred buzzing cameras followed us right up to the platform, before taking off back into the city. Seems they had reached their limits. Our little group was literally shoved towards the entrance of the machine, and stood before a group of vampire participants. Marisa, Shiro...Fang and Enix. Those were the names I remembered. It was rather awkward; finding a seat among the vampires. I ended up sitting directly beside Shiro. Faust sat on the other side of me, then Raike. Jin placed herself on the farthest corner possible from us; scratching at a tube that had been placed in her wrist. She was probably going to be drugged before the helicopter took off.

Before long, the other two districts arrived. The demon district, and then the angels. As soon as Ryuu came in, I could see the hatred pouring out of his glares. He then made a nasty comment to us, and before I could respond, Raike took the lead. Raike didn't seem like a bad person. Ryuu sounded blood-thirsty. Faust simply stayed calm, and ignored the demon. His gaze seemed to trail over to Marisa, whom looked a little more than freaked out in her circumstances. Now I was beginning to pity her. She was the youngest here, it seemed. Thirteen, while the rest of us ranged from sixteen to eighteen. But, why was she so high in the rankings? Beside her, was the infamous Bernkastel. One of the three winners of the sixth poppy games....Only one of last years. A definite challenge, but...Marisa came up in second in the votings.
Old June 3rd, 2011 (08:06 PM).
Years of Lies

Chapter 2 - Paris Junibe - Demon District

Boarding the helicopter, I frowned at the sight of the two districts already inside. They weren't taking private helicopters? Just great. Pouting, I popped myself down by the entrance, and crossed my limps; only to be accompanied by Xavier. The sexy guy from my district. My eyelashes fluttered a bit in confusion, and then my lips curled up on end. "Hey there, sweetie. Couldn't resist sitting beside me? A beautiful, sexy celeb~?" I giggled as I teased the boy, and ran a finger down his cheek. "You're a shy one~"

Chapter 2 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

Next thing I knew, Ryuu was spatting insults at the humans. Was he seriously trying to place targets over his heart and brain? If he had a brain... "Listen, brainless..." I mumbled, plucking the rose from between my breasts. The thorny bit pricked my fingers, but not enough to draw blood. The petals of the flower were perfect and glossy. "Wait until the arena to get yourself killed...." I didn't bother waiting for his reaction, as my attention turned to Xavier and...Paris. She was rolling one of her elegant fingers down his cheek, and using a rather odd tone that rolled with each sentence. A seducing tone. I didn't show any outward arguement to her flirting habits, but in my tiny soul I was seething. My knowledgeable side said it was because Paris shouldn't be getting close to people she'll have to kill. Another reason, because Xavier wasn't stupid to fall for her tricks. At least, I hope he wasn't.

Before I could think about it any further, the angels arrived. Rather late, mind you. My eyes immediately picked Amelia from the group, and watched as she nervously took a seat beside Raike. She was the only one, who knew what I knew. Well, besides...I glanced to my left, before chucking the rose like a dagger between Xavier and Paris; nearly piercing her eyes if she had leaned in any further to pluck a kiss on his cheek. The impact in which the rose hit the opposite wall, made a slight 'click' before bouncing off. The stem of the rose had made a small dent in the metal of the helicopter. Bern may have skewered Paris' eyes otherwise. "No romance." I muttered, before going back into my own little world of the arena. "...."
Old June 4th, 2011 (07:01 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Kerin cringed only slightly, but lazily turned his head towards the general direction of that goddamn, stupid bell. He knew what it meant. Actually, every single person in the district knew what it meant. The Reaping. Pretty much a killfest with teenagers being the main attraction. Kerin had managed to avoid being picked for the last x amount of years but still, the process always made him anxious and then there was four, poor bastards that were picked. They were pretty much doomed, even if they won. Sighing, Kerin put down his bass guitar and wandered over to the front door. He opened it only to find a pair of guards standing outside, a line of teenagers just like Kerin behind them.

"Kerin Knight, you--" one of them started but was interrupted by Kerin's raised hand and nod of agreement and slowly joined the group of teens. The guard nodded back. "We are thankful for your co-operation."

Kerin glanced around, seeing the faces of his fellow potential fighters. He felt sorry for them. Most of them. Some of them were shaking where they stood, stumbling as the group began to walk to the government building, joining the mass of teenagers, worried parents and whoever else wanted to watch the show. Kerin felt heat rise in his chest and he clenched his fists. He just wanted to punch them, he really did. They were all sick and disgusting, thinking that sending teenagers to war was a good idea. He pushed the feelings back, as far as they could go. Creating a scene here was not a good idea.

The speeches finally started. Kerin almost knew them off by heart. They were boring, long, repetitive and... unnecessary. The speech was pretty much just "Hey kids, you're going to maybe die. Good luck, have fun!" A small girl beside of Kerin collapsed to her knees, breathing silent tears. He didn't blame her. He felt anxious himself.

"Hey," he offered her a hand, "it's gonna be okay, okay?" It really wasn't but Kerin didn't have any other words of comfort. She didn't reply, she just took his hand and whimpered softly. A few of the older teens scowled at her.

The man, that British guy with the black hair, Cal... Calzus maybe, began his half. Then the voting began. Kerin blinked as a girl jumped forward to the front before anyone's name was even called. Idiot, who would want to do this. Kerin's heart dropped as the second name was called. And the third. And then finally the fourth.

"Kerin Knight!" Calzus called out and the crowd cheered wildly. Kerin's heart moved to his throat and then down to his stomach. The guard behind him nudged him forward, pushing him further into the crowd.

"I'm going, I'm going," Kerin said, his voice wavering a little. At first thought, he was scared. At second... yup, still scared. He stepped forward through the crowd as his name rang through his ears, several hundred more times than it was said. He thought it over again. Wait, this could... perhaps be a good thing. For the past three years, Kerin had lived for nothing and now he could see if God still wanted him alive. He clenched his fists as he joined the others on stage. He was good at fighting, always had been. True, the last person he had punched in the face was some smug kid last month who had picked on some other kid, but this was his chance. It was better him than the rest of them. He looked over at the kid who had been standing next to him. She looked... relieved. Kerin smiled slightly. He had saved someone at least. He then looked over at the others who were chosen. They all looked fairly average except for the first girl, who looked all too eager and the other girl. She looked small, probably weak. Kerin frowned a little. Poor kid. The applause ended and Calzus ended the ceremony with some poor excuse for a finale.

"May the odds be forever in their favor!"

The four were quickly whisked away inside the government building by a dozen or so guards. Kerin was only able to steal glimpses of the building as his eyes adjusted to the light. It was regal, that was for sure. The four were finally dumped inside an expensive room, fit with beauty, carpets, reclining chairs and a fireplace that had all been paid for with the taxpayers money. Kerin blinked. Okay, so what now? The silence was broken by the crazy one.

"I swear to God. Get in my way, and I'll kill you all," her voice just dripped with some kind of malicious evil. Kerin clenched his teeth together, trying to keep his frustration under control. Yeah, kill the team you're on. Nice one. He forced a sneer of somesort.

"Like God has any time to listen to your oaths," he sniffed back at her, taking a seat on one of the recliners. He could tell he wasn't going to be friends with this girl. "He stuck us here, he's obviously not on our side."
Old June 5th, 2011 (05:40 PM).
Years of Lies

Chapter 1 - Shiro (Daxity) - Vampire District

I unhinged a growl from deep in my throat, but I didn't say anything more. I didn't need to be told by some teen older than me, that God wasn't on our side. He wasn't on anyones side. And neither was I. I work along, and I don't listen to others. I watched as the oldest boy sat himself down, before I flicked my hair, rushed to the door, and began kicking at it in my frustration. Damn. I just wanted to see blood spill! Preferably, not mine.

Chapter 1 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

I let out a soft whimper at Shiro's threat, and quickly hid myself behind a leather chair the farthest away from her. Suddenly, a buzzing noise to my left caught my attention away from the boy named Kerin, and I looked up to find myself staring into the eyes of several angels. They were playing a recap of each district reaping, and....Amelia! I perked up slightly as I saw her among the four people going onto a train. Amelia, Kaito, Shizuka, and Pewita...Next came the demon district recaps, and I winced at the second name I heard. Bernkastel Vermillia. The infamous winner of not one, but two population games. She was the biggest threat. Then came the human district. Nokoto, Raike, Fausto, and Jin. "...." I whimpered even more as the screen changed to show all sixteen of the participants. Age, height, and species. I was the youngest, and the shortest... It was hopeless. All of the men up there were rather...Strong-looking. And Bernkastel? Icouldn't dream of beating her. I quickly scrambled from my seat on the floor, and into the recliner beside Kerin. Sitting on my knees with my hands over my ears. Fang, the final participant from my district, raised his eyebrows at me, then at Shiro, before turning himself to the television I was attempting to ignore. "Yo, Marisa. How'd you place second on the survey?" I blinked, twisted my face in confusion, and looked to find my picture underneath Bernkastel's. I gapped, and read the title of the survey. The Gods had voted, and this is what they had come up with. That I was the second most-likely to win the games! W-what?! "I-I..." I clamped my mouth shut, and looked down at the floor.

I had just about broken the lock on the door, when I heard Fang's question from across the room. Immediately, I turned on my heels, stomped over, and glared at the television. "WHAT. How could a pipe-squeak beat me in the standings?!" I yelled out, whipping my glare towards the small golden girl. She looked so extremely weak and frail! Sandy blonde hair, and bright gold eyes. What the hell?! "I DEMAND an explanation, goldy locks!"

Great. She was already the youngest and had a horrible disadvantage....Now false survey results which pinned a "Shoot here" sign on my back? I was certain that I would be killed the moment I was in the arena. Thanks to a bunch of 'Godly surveys'. I whimpered as Shiro began to yell at me, and I curled into him chair. "I-I don't know...!"

"Hmph! Whatever! I'm gonna kill you the minute we're in the arena just for good measure! There can only be one winner in this district anyways. And there is no way I'm dying to the tiny hands of some elementary student!"
Old June 5th, 2011 (07:09 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Kerin slumped further into the chair as he heard the crazy psycho chick kick the door down. Right, okay, just destroy the room. I'm sure those guards will be pleased with your wonderful work when they get back. He glanced over at the small girl as she moved away from the psychotic one (damn, why couldn't he remember their names?). Poor girl. Seriously, out of all the people they could have picked. She was small, she was young. Kerin himself was probably a good competitor; older, probably stronger. But she was the complete opposite. They probably picked her for some reason though.

His eyes flickered over to the TV as faces began to show. None that he knew, though he could tell that they were definitely competitors. Angels. Then it switched to four other faces, quite sinister looking ones. Demons, most likely. Then the humans came up. Kerin breathed a heavy sigh as he could recognise none of them. At least his siblings were safe. Kerin hadn't spoken to them since he left. He hadn't tried either but not because he didn't want to; he didn't know how. He bit his lip a little. What would they say if they saw him again? He killed Quinn. It was his fault. He didn't think anyone would forgive him for that. Heck, Kerin didn't forgive himself. He looked back up at the TV as all of the competitor's faces appeared. He looked over at the human ones again. Nokoto. Raike. Fausto. Jin. He envied them all. He would kill to be them. He glanced over at the psychotic girl. He would kill her in an instant if it meant he could be normal again. He heard the cushion seat next to his wheeze. So the little girl had finally sat down. She looked a little scared with her hands over her ears. Kerin wanted to help her, he really did. He gave her a comforting smile but she kept her eyes elsewhere.

"Yo, Marisa. How'd you place second on the survey?" the other male competitior said, staring at the TV. Kerin shifted his focus back over to it. Indeed, she was. Below some other girl from the Demon district. So Marisa was the little girl's name. But how weird. He glanced back over to her again. So maybe she was hiding something?

"WHAT?! How could a pipe-squeak beat me in the standings?! I DEMAND an explanation, goldy locks!" The crazy girl yelled out, blocking the TV with her face that had distorted into some kind of ... angry... thing. Kerin raised his eyebrows.

"She doesn't have to explain anything to you," Kerin blinked. He could feel the blood rushing to his head. He hated it, absolutely hated it when people treated other people this way. He had spent most of his human years kicking these kinds of peoples' asses.

"I-I don't know...!" Marisa curled into her chair, obviously scared. Marisa reminded Kerin of his younger sister Nora. Nora was cute and bubbly most of the time but she scared easy and hated to be confronted or yelled at. Kerin growled a little. He always made sure Nora was protected by these kinds of creeps. He couldn't now but he could help who he could.

"Hmph! Whatever! I'm gonna kill you the minute we're in the arena just for good measure! There can only be one winner in this district anyways. And there is no way I'm dying to the tiny hands of some elementary student!" The crazy one yelled back at Marisa. That was it.

"Shut up! Just shut up! Can't you see she's scared?!" Kerin got to his feet, his hands clenched. "You can't say crap like that, you don't even know what she can do! Shut up!"

His head quickly went over what she had said. Wait, what? One winner?

"Wait, one winner or... one survivor?" Kerin stepped back a little. He had never watched these games. Weren't they just trials and you could die?
Old June 6th, 2011 (01:57 AM).
See You Space Cowboy

Ryuu's eyes were fixed on Raike for quite some time. He glared with hatred. He hated the very fact he was even speaking to him, but for the moment, he could handle it.

"BECAUSE I'm the best in my district, it MEANS I'm the best. Who do you think could stop me? Angels? Pathetic feathered weaklings. Vampires? Their scrawny bodies would break below my hand like toothpicks. You Humans? Don't get me started on you humans. You should be lucky you are even allowed to participate in these Reapings. As far as I'm concerned, you'll be the first to go. Then everyone else on my hit-list which..." Ryuu looked around the helicopter,"...at the moment means ALL of you. I care not what you try to do to stop me, the fact is, you can't stop me."

Ryuu briefly heard what Bernkastel said. He turned to her, but didn't speak. Instead, he looked at her face, more at her forehead, as if a target was painted on her head, and he was a bull. Ryuu sighed and turned away. Ryuu calmed a bit. He knew odds weren't in his favor if he started an all out assault right in the middle of the helicopter on ALL of them. But that didn't mean he couldn't still try to fight at least one of them. The question was, who should he kill right now, and who should he save for later. It would have to be the one who isn't much of a fight, one he could kill to satisfy his bloodlust. He wouldn't want to waste it on a stronger one, as he wanted to save them for the arena.

He looked over everyone there. He wanted to pick the one to kill wisely. He considered Raike. He was a human, and his annoying face out of the way would be great to Ryuu, but he reconsidered. It was then that he began hearing the conversations between the vampires.

Marisa, perhaps? He thought to himself. No, I wouldn't want to kill a vampire. They probably are the toughest of these batch, besides demons. He looked over Kerin, and smiled. That one. Yes, that one. No! He's a vampire as well... Ryuu had not noticed, but while trying to pick out a person to kill, Ryuu had shut off all other conversation, either coming at him or around him. He could hear his heart pound to the tapping of his foot. He had a feeling. He now didn't want to kill someone, he needed to kill someone. Ryuu continued to look around at the others. He had heard rumors that these flights didn't always turn out well. He was sure he knew why...

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old June 6th, 2011 (06:45 AM). Edited June 6th, 2011 by Eeveemaster9.
Years of Lies

Chapter 1 - Shiro (Daxity) - Vampire District

I growled even louder as the vampire named Kerin stood up. "Make me!" I shouted back, raising my left arm into the air. Yessss, see what I am? Look, I'm pretty sure you can see the writing on this as well as I can! Dangerously Psychotic. "I'm not even gonna waste my breath!" I spat out. Anger was beginning to flow deep into my brain, and there was no telling what would happen if...That happened. "So shut up yourself before I shut you for good! HMPH." I could see the other male backing away slightly with his hands up. "Settle down, Shiro. You're outnumbered, and I'm on Kerin's side this time around. Shut up." I grabbed at my skull and pulled out a clump of hair. "FINE. Whatever!" Before anyone could say anything more, I ran at the door, kicked it down, and escaped out of the blasted room.

Chapter 1 - Fang - Vampire District

"FINE. Whatever!" Shiro yelled out. Before I could bat an eye, she was pulling out hairballs and she ran out of the room; taking the door down with her. I raised my eyebrows at her behavior. Alright. I knew Shiro, but it's been a while since she has pulled out hair. "Damn. That bald-spot was just disappearing, too." I mumbled to myself. I heard Kerin thank me from helping out, and I smiled back. "No problem, dude. Shiro is just upset about the whole survey. She'll chill down eventually." He paused for a moment, and dropped himself down in the third recliner. "Oi, so, my names' Fang. Ironic huh?" He tapped his shoulder, where there were two small scars. Bite marks. "Kerin, right? From the Human District three years ago?"

"Wait, you've never watched the Poppy Games? You can be arrested for that, ya know. But, I'm not the tattling type, so it's cool. Pretty much, sixteen people go into an arena, and there can only be a maximum of four winners slash survivors. One from each district. Meaning..." He paused for a dramatic effect. "Three of us are not gonna come back here. I just hope its not Shiro. She's a nice girl when she's not insane, but...I don't think she should live in the Victor's District."

I gave a soft cry, and instead of taking his hand, I leap off her chair, and into Kerin's chest. Hugging. Crying. I wasn't scared. I was absolutely terrified. And after Fang's summary of the games, I wasn't feeling any better. "Uuu...Fang, you're wrong. Not this year." I cried out, digging my face into his chest. Tears stained his shirt, and suddenly I jumped back and hid behind my chair. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! D-don't hit me...!" I knelt know and covered my head; awaiting for the usual strong fist to pound me down. My memories surfaced into my eyes. My father standing over me. A knife in hand. No, he wasn't kind enough to use a silver one. He used one of stainless steel to cut up my tummy. So I wouldn't die, but I would feel the pain of his hatred for me. My hand traced around my heart. Where I knew the stitches had been. "....." I began to cry again.
Old June 6th, 2011 (08:20 AM). Edited June 6th, 2011 by Skymin.
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Her threats meant nothing to Kerin. She could spit at him as much as she liked, she was an inconsiderate, cocky, psycho witch and Kerin had met plenty of people in similar boats to her. Probably not as psychotic, but definitely the loud and screaming type.

"Settle down, Shiro," the other boy said, his hands raised in defence. So Shiro was the crazy girl's name. Okay, so what was the boys? "You're outnumbered, and I'm on Kerin's side this time around. Shut up." Kerin breathed a sigh of relief. Someone with sense! Finally!

"FINE. Whatever!" Shiro screeched back, pulling a large clump of hair out of her head. Kerin widened his eyes. Okay, he had never seen anything that crazy. Before Kerin could think much else, she kicked the door down and ran out. She only needed a evil cackle and a broomstick and she was a short trip from the mental institute. Kerin sighed again, calming himself and turned to the boy.

"Thanks man, thanks a heap," he nodded and walked over to Marisa, now whimpering and curled up in her lounge.

"Are you okay?" He offered her a hand and a gentle smile. Potential power or not, she looked scared. She had been pushed into this and Kerin felt some kind of urge to protect her. Heck, he felt that way about most innocent and tortured people, but Marisa was different. She was so young. And she was most likely going to die if the games go as planned. At least Kerin thought. How did these game things work anyways?

"Oi, so, my names' Fang. Ironic huh?" Kerin looked over at him as he tapped his shoulder. Kerin saw two small holes. Snake bite piercings? Oh right. No, vampire bites. Kerin glanced at his own wrist, covered by a leather cuff. "Kerin, right? From the Human District three years ago?" Kerin widened his eyes a little.

"Y-yeah! Are you from the Human district as well?" he was surprised anyone knew him. Or remembered him. Kerin usually kept to himself, unless he knew Fang from the Human district. He was a little familiar but Kerin didn't know if that was because he had probably seen him around town here or from his last town.

"Wait, you've never watched the Poppy Games?" Fang asked. Kerin added a short nope. "You can be arrested for that, ya know. But, I'm not the tattling type, so it's cool. Pretty much, sixteen people go into an arena, and there can only be a maximum of four winners slash survivors. One from each district. Meaning... Three of us are not gonna come back here. I just hope its not Shiro. She's a nice girl when she's not insane, but...I don't think she should live in the Victor's District."

Nice? Kerin looked at the door Shiro had kicked down. Yeah she seemed nice alright. But, seriously, one from each district? Kerin lowered his head a little. This guy seemed nice enough, he didn't deserve to die. And neither did this little girl. If Kerin wanted to win these games, he would most likely have to make alliances elsewhere but who said he really wanted to win? He looked back at Marisa. He didn't want to see her die if it meant Kerin lived. On that note, death was scary any way you looked at it. Perhaps someone would find a cure when the games were over. Maybe someone would find a way for Kerin to go back to his life. He gave Fang and Marisa a small smile. He really didn't know what to think.

"So, uh, what now?" Kerin said to Fang, his hand still offered to Marisa. Instead of taking it, she hugged him. Quite tightly. She was sobbing, it was getting all over his shirt. But it didn't matter, as long as Kerin could make her feel safe. Yup, this was exactly like Nora. He hugged her back, trying to offer as much comfort as he possibly could.

"Uuu...Fang, you're wrong. Not this year," she said, her voice muffled by her face in his chest. Suddenly, she pushed him back and jumped behind her chair, hiding behind it. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! D-don't hit me...!" Kerin blinked and shook his head.

"I'm... I'm not going to hurt you!" Kerin stepped over the couch and bent down next to her. She was crying again. "I'll protect you, okay?"
Old June 6th, 2011 (01:54 PM). Edited June 7th, 2011 by SkyisUmbreon.
Bard of Rage

Nature: Bold
-Raike kept his emotionless face, but he made a tsk sound with his tounge. A tiny flame appeared on his pointer finger, but he quickly exstinguished it. Still glaring at Ryuu, he opened his mouth to speak.-

"Well, if your the best, then I can't wait to break my foot off in your arse, then we'll see how good you are. You have too high of an opinion of yourself hellboy, and if you keep that attitude, your gonna end up dead. I also advise you not to start a war with everyone here, or we might just jump you."

-Looking back at Ryuu, he seemed to have bloodlust in his eyes, and Raike snickered. He really was like a bull, and he might even try to charge someone in the arena. Anyway, Raike would enjoy taking him down a peg, and showing him he wasn't all that. In his district, he had been known for not looking too strong, but actually posessing a montrous strength, one thing people overlooked.-

4/13
Old June 6th, 2011 (06:16 PM).
Years of Lies

"Hm? Of course I'm from the Human District? What, don't remember me? Haha, it's cool, dude. We never were in the same classes, anyways. Didn't expect to see you here of all people!" I gave a fanged grin, but it didn't last long as Marisa suddenly hugged into him, freaked out, and was now crying behind the recliner. I blinked several times as I processed what the heck just happened. Gingerly, I walked around and sat myself down on the other side of the young teenager. "Yo, how about we make a three-way alliance? Gang up on Shiro?"

Still crying out, I immediately latched onto Kerin, closed my eyes, and nuzzled in. He isn't here...My dad isn't here....He isn't going to hurt me anymore...I breathed out shakingly, and slowly pulled away when my face began to stick to him through my wet tears. "Uuu...R-really? You'll do that...?" I asked, a look of disbelief surfacing underneath my pained expression. Protect me? "From everything...?" My wide golden eyes searched his face curiously, and I wiped away some tears settling on my cheeks.
Old June 7th, 2011 (08:39 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

"Uhh," Kerin screwed up his face a little. Maybe? He looked at Fang a little closer. He shrugged and just accepted it. He probably wasn't called Fang before. Most likely. "Were you... were you attacked the same night I was? Or before? Or after?" Kerin's eyes went down to his knees as memories flashed in his head. He quickly pushed them back as Quinn... no, never mind.

Kerin was quickly snapped out of whatever he as in as Marisa hugged him quite tightly again. Kerin smiled as he looked down at his now dirty shirt, covered in tears and probably snot. He hugged her back again.

"Uuu...R-really? You'll do that...? From everything...?" Marisa looked up at him, her golden eyes staring into his black ones. She reminded him so much of Nora. And Dana! Dana was young too, younger than Marisa, but she always ran to Kerin when she did anything since Father Manuel was always so busy. Kerin gave her a warm smile.

"Of course!" Kerin nodded. "Everything but internal bacteria." He let out a laugh.

"Yo, how about we make a three-way alliance? Gang up on Shiro?" Fang sat down beside them. Kerin grinned back at him. Was that a way of saying... they were friends? Were they friends?

"Yeah! Yeah, let's team up!" Kerin pulled out a hand around Marisa and offered it to Fang to shake. Sure, Shiro said there was only one left out of each region but what... what if they could somehow change that? Kerin humored himself with the idea of making everyone a vampire. Surely then it would be four of anyone!
Old June 9th, 2011 (05:47 PM).
Years of Lies

Smiling widely at his little joke, I wiped the remaining tears from my face, and directed my attention to Fang. He proposed an alliance. However, once Shiro was gone, then...Whatever. These two were making her welcome. An alliance, even if it is silently only temporary, would be great. I smiled at Fang, and nodded my head rapidly in agreement. "I agree! Let's be allies!" I tilted my head back to Kerin curiously. "Friends?"

I grinned at their approval, and shook Kerin's hand. An alliance. "Cool! Let's show those other districts whose gonna win this year, alright?" Just as I was about to speak to Marisa, I heard some noise from behind me, and turned around to find two guards propping the door back into place. Another was perched on the chair we were behind. The two guards at the door were rather skinny, with freckles covering their cheeks and a flare of orange hair tossed carelessly atop their heads. Wood-brown eyes were looking around each way. Twins. They even dressed the same. The only difference, was that one of the twins had yellow flecks in his eyes. The third guard with them, looked alot more healthy. His cold-blue hair blown to the left, and purple eyes scanning the three of us. Rings were rolled down his exposed right ear, and a small lip-ring was the victim of his tongue. Like a bad habit, he was pulling the ring into his mouth with his tongue, and playing around. He seemed more prepared for a violent participant, as his shoulders and upper chest were guarded by leather padding. "Hello. Us three are here to guide your group to District 5." The man stood up from the chair, and in his grip, were a ringlet of keys. "Lets go."

I glanced back at Marisa and Kerin, before heaving myself to my feet. "Ouf...Alright." Without even asking the younger teen, he took her hand, and dragged her along out of the room. Following the three guards, the vampires could get a better look at the government building they were in. It was silent. Almost peaceful, really. The entire place was in the lap of luxury. Not a single imperfection. Red roses seemed to be the marking of this building, as each hallway had atleast one vase or painting, with a bright, blood-red rose. I was surprised we didn't run into any officials through the entire trip, but I suppose they had better things to do than see us off.

The guards explained to us on the way, that we would be leaving through the back port so we didn't disturb the civilans. How could we possibly disturb them? When we finally made it through the back door, I was astonished at how much the back was different from the front. The cities of our district weren't known to be too natural. Buildings and houses and other structures blocked most patches of trees. This. This was nature before us. Perfect lines of cherry-blossom tress. Just beginning to blossom, their petals sprinkled the dirt path with their pink. The grass was definitely greener on this side, as well. My eyes lit up at the beauty of everything, and what surprised me was that the guards allowed us to stop and take in this change in the enviroment. Perhaps previous contestants acted the same way. After a few peaceful moments, we returned back to walking. The sun was just peeking over the horizon, and the glimmer of it sent the trees shivering. The petals glistened as though covered in sparkles. Absolutely beautiful.

We neared a clearing, and that was when we saw Shiro. Strapped to a wheelchair, a guard was pushing her around to see flowers lining underneath the trees. Tiger lillies. Five-star flowers that opened up like starfish. They happened to be my favorite flower. Shiro seemed to have calmed since her psychopathic explosion, and her face held a sort of thing I had never seen before in her. She was relaxed. Had they drugged her? No, she would seem drowsy, then. No medication could possibly lower her anger into a silent bliss. There was no way.
Old June 12th, 2011 (04:57 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

"Friends?" Kerin hesitated for a moment. He had never really had a real friend before. Everyone had usually kept their distance from him or he had from them. He blinked, then smiled. True, it seemed inevitable that one of them had to die but Kerin wanted to change that. He wanted to make sure his friends lived.

"Friends!" Kerin grinned as Fang shook his hand. This was good, this was a good feeling. Fang opened his mouth but was interrupted by the realisation that three guards were in the room. Kerin turned towards them. Two were fixing the door whilst the other, the considerably tougher looking one, was sitting quite comfortably in a chair. He had an assortment of piercings, it kind of made him look a lot younger than he probably was.

"Hello. Us three are here to guide your group to District 5," he stood up from his chair and the group of keys in his hand made a tinkling noise. He shook them a little, motioning to them. "Lets go."

Fang nodded, took Marisa's hand and followed the guards out the now fixed door. Kerin nodded and followed Fang, walking closely behind Marisa. As much as he didn't want to marvel at the building, he couldn't help it. It was... beautiful. Perfect roses, sleek designs, marble; the kind of thing that Kerin could only dream about. Still, despite the beauty, the place was quiet and empty other than the six of them. This place was built not to be lived in, but to show what kind of money could be spent on useless rooms.

The guards said something about not disturbing the public then led them out to a courtyard. Not just any courtyard, one filled with cherryblossums (in bloom, no doubt!), the most lush grass and fit with sparkling dew drops on the petals and the sun rising in the distance. Kerin didn't realise the guards had stopped them and accidently bumped into Marisa (and quickly muttered out a few apologies). He took this moment to see what he thought would be the last beautiful thing. After this... was the games ahead? After this, would he have to kill? The guards pressed on and led them out of the courtyard and into a clearing.

There was a guard pushing around a wheelchair. A wheelchair? Oh. Kerin smirked a little as he saw Shiro strapped into it, obviously calmed down from her psychotic rage. She seemed... dazed? No, that wasn't the word. Hypnotised? Her eyes were glassy and her face clear from the usual scowl or frown. How ominous. Kerin made a face and moved closer to Marisa. They had done something.
Old June 13th, 2011 (06:46 AM). Edited June 13th, 2011 by Eeveemaster9.
Years of Lies

Carefully, I approached Shiro and the guard. What had they done to her? She didn't seem to notice me, until I was right in her face. Yes, they definitely did something. Her eyes were hazed over, like a day full of clouds. She didn't swat me away. She just...Sat there staring at me, as though she was trying to place who I was, what I was doing, and how I got between her and the flowers. She mumbled out a hello, and that is when my heart fell. They did something to her. To make her calm like this... But why? Weren't we going to have guards at our sides every step of the way? They even had her strapped to the wheelchair by all her limbs...Like she was going anywhere. Cautiously, I reached out a hand and touched her cheek. In a normal situation, she would had punched me in the gut. This? She was actually accepting my fingers brushing against her scar-ridden surface. That was all I needed, to back way and walk myself back to the others.

The main guard, cleared his throat and nodded at the guard that had Shiro. "District 5 is within walking distance from here, so that is our transportation. Follow along quickly." He began leading through he clearing, and into another path opposite the one we came through. The twins stayed at the government building, I guess...Because Shiro's guard took up the back. The minute I thought they couldn't hear us, I lowered my voice into a whisper. "Hey guys... They must've drugged Shiro up bad."

I immediately hid behind Kerin cowering, the second I saw Shiro out in the clearing. However, it took me a bit to realize she was different from the girl who was shouting threats at me before. She seemed...Calm. Strapped to a wheelchair so her movement was minimal, a guard was pushing her around slowly to see the flowers. Sometimes she would squeak out to him, to pick a flower for her. With each request, he did as instructed and placed the flowers into her lap. She wouldn't thank him, though. Only switch her movement from him to the flowers. The greens and yellows and oranges...The purple flowers were her favorite. I could tell with the way she dazed off looking at them.

Even though she didn't seem psychotic now; I kept my distance and clinged myself to Kerin for protection. She was smiling at us now; Shiro. A soft, dreamy smile. It scared me almost as much as her psychotic self. When Fang whispered to us that Shiro may have been drugged, there was a moment a got a ping of guilt. It didn't last long, though. Remembering that she was psychotic, and threatened to kill me... I huddled myself closer to Kerin, as he continued down through the parting of trees. Birds chirped out familiar melodies, and some swooped down bravely before us to pluck a lone worm for their bird children. This place was amazing...Why wasn't anyone allowed over here?
Old June 14th, 2011 (04:51 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

"Hey guys... They must've drugged Shiro up bad," Fang said as Marisa hid behind Kerin. Kerin nodded back slowly. It was eerie. Kerin had never really known Shiro before. Sure, he had heard bits and pieces of other people in the town (not that Kerin had really remembered any names) but from what he had gathered, this kind of behaviour was... seriously serious. He put a hand on Marisa's shoulder to hug her close. He wouldn't let them do it to her.

"Creepy," Kerin breathed. He looked over at Fang. Hopefully their alliance was still valid. She might be drugged or hypnotised or whatever now but when it wore off, she would probably be extremely angry. With everything. Although if he had to kill her, he would wait. It wouldn't be a fair fight, not now.

But it wasn't like the whole thing was fair anyways.
Old June 14th, 2011 (06:22 PM).
Years of Lies

Creepy indeed. They must've used some insane stuff to drug her, if this was the effect. I wasn't too worried myself of getting that drug. After all, it was probably only used to calm insane participants so they didn't kill anyone before the arena. Last year there had been an incident like that. Some estatic vampire couldn't wait to kill, that he decided to kill off two vampire participants, before he had to be killed himself. That's how we were labeled as the mentally unstable district. People like Shiro were ALWAYS in the games. Demons were always known for their reckless brutality. Angels were manipulative. And Humans were...The tech-savy, I suppose. Humans have only won one game so far out of the previous seven. Vampires were ahead with three. Demons had two victors. And the Angels also had one.

I paused for a moment, blinked. Who had I seen on that screen in the room? A familiar face....No, two familiar faces. One from the demons, and the other from the humans. Why couldn't I remember their names or faces? I rubbed my temples, as we continued to walk at a steady pace. Marisa was clinging to Kerin like an octopus, while Shiro was gazing around blindly at her surroundings. She probably wouldn't remember any of this, because of the intense drugs...That's it! Bernkastel! I snapped my fingers, and immediately turned to Kerin. "Kay, I just figured out another ally we need to have. Bernkastel. You know her, right? The two-time victor from the demons?" Marisa instantly perked up, and looked into my face curiously. "Bern...? Alright. She can be an ally. If she lets us."

Chapter 2 - Fang - Vampire District

It didn't take us long to reach District 5. I never realized how close we were to them. What made me nervous about their location, was how weapon-savy they were. Like a military base. No children. No women. Just bulking male Gods carrying around your odd weapon. It was so strange...Seeing them walk single file around like this. Marisa was simply terrified of all the huge men, and cushioned herself between myself and Kerin. Shiro didn't seem to know what was going on, because she was waving to the Gods like she was drunk. They didn't even glance at us. We were that low and insignificant. That was when they hit us. The bugs. Giant metalic things that swarmed around us like bees. They made flashings with their eyes, and clicking at their feet. Wait...Those weren't bugs. Cameras. Hovering cameras. The sizes ranging from plum-sized, to watermelon-sized. At first they annoyed the hell out of me, but I soon learned to adapt to their company. Marisa was wide-eyed at them, and constantly flicked her head with each flash they made. Like she could see the flashes travel in the air if she looked quick enough. Such an odd girl.

Our leading guard abruptly informed us, that we would be the first to arrive at the helicopter. Helicopter? We weren't taking a boat? Or those fancy teleportation machines? I wasn't complaining, though. The second I saw the giant machine, I smirked. A little big to hold four people...But plenty big for sixteen. We were going to be accompanied...By the other three districts in a helicopter. Joy.
Old June 18th, 2011 (11:03 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

"Kay, I just figured out another ally we need to have. Bernkastel. You know her, right? The two-time victor from the demons?" Kerin turned to face Fang. That was the one on top of the leaderboard, right? She would be a powerful ally indeed, being from a different region. "Bern...? Alright. She can be an ally. If she lets us."

"If she lets us," Kerin let out a small laugh. He wasn't completely sure how these games went but free-for-all seemed the most popular approach, right? Being at the top of the list, she would probably be cocky. Or aloof. Or something. And winning twice might mean she wouldn't need any help.

They reached District 5 and the first thing Kerin noticed was the funny looking robots and the bright flashes. Kerin covered his eyes as one flashed directly in his eye. Good thing he wasn't epileptic. He felt Marisa pull closer again and Kerin looked over to see what she was so scared of; giant golem-like things, carrying weapons. Even Kerin knew what they were. Gods. Kerin put his hand on Marisa's shoulder. They weren't the type to attack randomly but you didn't want to get on their bad side. He turned away and directed his attention to their guide.

A helicopter? He could see it in the distance. Quite a large one. Filled with other district members? Oh great. Now Kerin could see who wanted to kill him.
Old June 20th, 2011 (11:03 AM). Edited June 21st, 2011 by Eeveemaster9.
Years of Lies

My eyes flickered to the angel that had sat beside me, but otherwise I didn't give him much thought. I was busy. Busy concentrating on Raike and Ryuu since Paris' assault on Xavier had diminished. The two were exchanging heated looks, with words that stung like viper poison. I raised my head, with my bangs parting for a nice touch over my right eye. I gazed at Ryuu with such intensity, I began to wonder if I could blow him up with my emerald eyes. Create a spark. I wasn't much of a talker, but I had known from experience that if I did talk, attention usually came to me. I held my blank look, and stared into Ryuu's flamed eyes.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?" Of course, I was talking about Marisa. Both of us could take him out, with one swing of our finger. But, we would be killed instantly by the guards waiting outside. What were they waiting for, anyways? "Silence yourself, or, I just might kill you." I leaned back in my seat, closed my eyes, and smiled. How many seconds would it take, for him to react? One...Two...Three...

Chapter 2 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

In the ruckus of it all, out of everyone here....Bernkastel spoke up! My eyes widened slightly as I heard what she had to say, and when my eyes glanced nervously to her face, I immediately looked away. If looks could kill. Her emerald eyes were darkened, and her appearance had changed from someone wise, to something silent but deadly. Her eyes... Her eyes...! Did I see them flicker red with intensity? I held in a whimper, and directed my attention to Ryuu, who was the subject to that gaze and spiked words. Well, if Bern knew what she was doing... I wouldn't interfere. Wouldn't have the guts to. If Ryuu decided to attack now, I suppose Bern could handle him... Maybe with a little help from Raike. But, could they stop a bull, with two pairs of hands? If magic was used, the guards would put us all in handcuffs. I wanted to feel that I had at least some power, within these physically-enhanced males...

Chapter 2 - Fang - Vampire District

When we were raised into the mouth of the helicopter, I couldn't help but exasperate a sigh of relief. We were the first here... One less problem to worry about. I really didn't want to have a bunch of eyes on me as I sat down. Not sure where to place myself, I waited for Marisa to be seated. She was still clinging to Kerin. It was really...Rather cute. If one saw this, it would seem as though they were siblings. The little girl seemed so frightened of the helicopter... I watched as she managed to pull away, and move around the seats. It was like she was pinpointing the place for the best view. Finally, she decided on the seat on the left side of the helicopter, and plopped herself down. She patted the place on her left, and beamed. "Fang! Kerin! Sit here! Sit here!" I laughed and moved over to where she was directing us to sit. I left a gap between Marisa and myself for Kerin, since she seemed to prefer her. I respected that, so here I was, when the guard came in with Shiro and dumped her right beside me. I had to sort of...Catch her so she didn't fall over in surprise. She still seemed to be under the influence of the drugs. I watched as the guard pushed the now empty wheelchair out, along with himself. "....." I carefully set Shiro down, because I now realized...She fell asleep! I twitched, sighed, and laid her down. Good God...What did they inject her with?

It was all too sudden. First the humans came in, then the demons, and then finally the angels within a span of twenty minutes. When the humans first came in, I scanned the four people and my eyes saddened when they locked on Nokoto. She was holding hands with some white-haired boy. Gosh, he seemed nice. I crossed my legs as they sat down horizontal from the entrance...One, two, three... Where did the fourth go? My eyes moved to the entrance, as I saw two armed guards take the fourth participant away. I couldn't remember her name, but why wasn't she allowed on the helicopter? Hm.

All Hell (No pun intended) started when the demons came in. I couldn't help but admire Bernkastel as she stridded in with such purpose...Such power steps! She did not hesitate to sit beside Marisa, so I would take that as a good sign that she was possibly in favor of us, over the humans. The emo-boy...Ah, what was his name? Well, he sat over by the entrance with his woman-friend...Paris? I raised my eyebrows. I forgot about the celebrities participation... Finally, my attention settled onto Ryuu, the boy that had made it obvious that he hated us all. Wanted our bones between his teeth and our flesh under his heavy step. He acted with such superiority, and that, overall, pissed the living Hell in me. I couldn't stand people who thought they were better than everyone else, without proof of it first. My eyes flickered as a guard came through the entrance, and right over to Bernkastel. Was he going to take her away, along with that previous human participant? Nope... I watched as he slid a rose down her shirt like it was a vase, before dropping what appeared to be a candy in her lap. Did I hear his words correctly? He was betting on her death this year? I suppose, if someone betted that way, and Bern died...They would make quite a profit. After all...Two-time winner! Who couldn't say she could win again this year? Another movement that surprised me, was when she tossed the candy into Marisa's hands as if it belonged to her. Why didn't she eat it? Was it poisoned? I tensed up, but only for a second as I watched Marisa tuck the candy into her dress. Phew.

Two things were happening after the angel's arrival. One, Raike and Ryuu were killing eachother with words. Second, Bern decided to take her rose to good use, and throw it between Paris and Emo. That immediately broke them apart, and I couldn't help but chuckle at Paris' wide-eyed reaction. I then noticed the little dent in the helicopter from the rose. Crap. Bernkastel was scary....Especially when she had enough of Ryuu, and spoke up with her dull, emotionless voice.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?" She was the highest, yes. Marisa beat Ryuu in the survey...How would that demon take that? It was obvious they weren't buddies when they arrived, and they certainly weren't now. I lowered my breathing. I did not want a fight to break out here. No way. But if worse came to worse, I would be on Bern's side. After all, I was the one that proclaimed that she became our ally. Maybe Marisa had already talked with her?
Old June 21st, 2011 (01:21 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Ryuu came out of his blood-thirst fueled trance to the sound of someone addressing him. It was Bernkastel again.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?"

Ryuu looked at Marisa and laughed a bit. He was about to comment on her and the stupid poll, and also on her being number one two times before. He was going to say how the only reason she had won was because he wasn't participating, but his gaze returned to her as she began speaking once more.

"Silence yourself, or, I just might kill you."

Ryuu's blood felt like it was boiling. He clenched his fists, unable to take it anymore. No one insulted him like that, no one. Everyone was around, the Angels, the Humans, the Vampires, and Ryuu resisted only because he wanted to save the stronger ones for later. But there is a limit to how much someone of his character could take. There's always a limit. And that limit had now been broken.

Ryuu looked down at his arms, which were resting on his knees. At 6'5 and 250 pounds of muscle, he was built for competitions like this. A literal rhino. It was time for the Rhino to charge. Ryuu looked at her, and the people sitting around her. He thought to himself for a second.

No room to maneuver, straight path, no exit, perfect.

Ryuu spoke out loud as he rose from his seat.

"F**k it."

Ryuu broke into an immediate run, charged forward and plunged right into Bernkastel with a ramming motion, attempting to crush her with his weight and brute strength.

Old June 21st, 2011 (03:19 PM).
Years of Lies

"F**k it."

My eyes opened up to see "The Rhino" charging at his target; me. Just as I had planned, it was easy to make his blood temperature rise. He was going to crush me. He was going to kill me, now. I smiled softly, and my eyes went blank. "I'd rather not, Ryuu." He had miscalulated. Up. That was my exit point. Shizuka on my right, Marisa on my left. Perfect. Hopefully Marisa got the memo to move out of the way.

Last second, and I whipped out my black-feathered demon wings. With one strong flap, I flung myself into the air, and above Ryuu before he could even blink. Had he not seen me in the previous games? I was known for three things on the first one. One, my speed. I landed where he used to be seated, with my arms extended at my sides as though I no longer needed my wings to fly to my safety. I raised my right hand to my mouth, and bit hard on my thumb. The iron-taste of blood seeped into my mouth, and I smiled. "Mammon," I slashed my bloodied thumb across my left wrist; leaving a trail of red in its wake. Almost immediately, symbols unearthed from my pale skin, which took the form of my blood. Spinning. Spinning.

"Marisa. Shizuka. You might not want to sit there." Within seconds, a red smoke manifested over Ryuu, before plummeting down on his body. It swirled and swirled, but didn't do any harm. Finally, the smoke floated over to the space beside me, and took form. A real demon. Much taller and stronger build, she leaned towards Ryuu like a leopard ready to pounce. Red hair that was fashioned into a traditinal japanese ponytail, while her bangs hung loose over her forehead. Red eyes pierced the air, and practically through Ryuu as if he was nothing more than a pile of meat. All she wore, was the color of blood. A bloodied red dress that hung down at her knees, with bones lining the edges and her breastline. Real bones. I crossed my arms, and allowed everyone to take in my creation. "Alright. Everyone who doesn't want to die, search this place for cameras and listening devices." I ordered in my monotone voice. Almost immediately, Marisa, Fang, Amelia, Nokoto, and Faust rose to their feet and scrambled to search every inch of the helicopter. I looked at Ryuu, next. "You're too bold. You act without thinking of your opponent." I gestured to Mammon, and the demon let out a cackle, before pouncing onto the floor. Mammon was circling Ryuu now, her smoked, red demon wings lashing out like swords; coming within only feet of Ryuu. "...Don't you ever watch the Poppy Games, Ryuu?" I asked, sitting myself down on his seat.

"Then you should know-if you got the hint, that is-...That I'm already dead."
Old June 21st, 2011 (04:28 PM). Edited June 21st, 2011 by SV.
See You Space Cowboy

Ryuu rammed towards Bernkastel, his heart beating as he came close, only to witness her jump up. Or more specifically, fly up.

Damn, he thought. He had not expected that. He turned to face her again, his eyes boiling over with anger. He felt like he could bleed tears. Suddenly, Ryuu watched as Bernkastel bit her thumb, excreting blood. Wiping it on her wrist, Ryuu watched in confusion as she performed what to him seemed like some kind of sacrificial ceremony. But then something happened Ryuu did not expect, not in the slightest.

"Mammon." She said as she made red smoke appear around Ryuu, and then the figure of a demon appeared. Caught off guard, and more than a bit surprised, Ryuu was tossed to the side, hitting hard on the floor.

"Alright. Everyone who doesn't want to die, search this place for cameras and listening devices."

Ryuu lay on the ground motionless for a moment, not saying a word. That was the first time in his life he was tossed like that, as if he was nothing. But it wasn't embarrassment that came over him. It wasn't as much anger either, although technically, he was always angry. It was a mixture of excitement, and determination. For the first time in his life, he had met with an opponent that had a very good chance of killing him, and he couldn't be happier.

"You're too bold. You act without thinking of your opponent."

Ryuu saw the demon come within a close distance of him. Bernkastel spoke again, but Ryuu was in a sort of trance, and didn't hear everything she had said. He was in his own mind now, excited about the possibilities. He was flung hard, but Ryuu was known to take a hit, still. This wasn't going to be enough to take him down. He came to just to hear the last of what she was saying.

"...if you got the hint, that is-...That I'm already dead."

Already dead? Ryuu thought to himself. He didn't understand, but he didn't care at the moment.

Ryuu lay on the ground, observing some of the others move around the helicopter. It was his turn to retaliate, and as Bernkastel sat in his seat, she seemed to think he wasn't going to fight anymore, or perhaps that he couldn't fight anymore. But something was wrong now. He didn't feel like retaliating. Unusual, considering Ryuu is one to hold grudges, but Bernkastel had shown him a feeling unlike anything he had seen yet, and he felt, in a strange way-a way that would only make sense to him- that he owed her one. So he would do her the favor of not killing her. Although, from what she said, she seemed to be already dead.

But this demon next to him was another story entirely. He felt aggravated with it so close to him, and he wanted it dead. It was superior in size, but Ryuu was quick for his size nevertheless. Had Bernkastel not had her speed to that height, Ryuu would have nailed her. Ryuu had thoughts running through his mind. He sighed on the floor, and began the motion. He summoned all his strength and leapt at the beast, grabbing it's arm and flinging it to the ground in a smash. The beast was leaning in, and he had a favorable position for this to happen. Next, he clenched his hands into fists, and began beating at it with them, and didn't stop.

Punch after bash after blow after smash occurred as the Rhino let everything out on the demon. He even hit it with a headbutt, opening a cut on his forehead, from which he bled out. He kept it pinned, and didn't give it a chance to try and hit him back. And every blow he landed, the tried to make the next one twice as hard.

Ryuu stopped after what seemed like hours to him of hitting the demon. His forehead bled steadily, his face covered his own blood. His hands were covered in a mixture of his own and the beast's blood as well. Ryuu sat beside the demon, panting hard. A pool of blood surrounded the area. He had let it all out on the demon, and had gained a great measure of satisfaction with it. He turned to Bernkastel, and smiled. Bernkastel might not have known this, but Ryuu had changed his opinion of her entirely. From now until the games, he wouldn't treat her like a weakling, or a pushover. From now on, she was an opponent, a fighter, and he had gained a bit of respect, however tiny, for her. Ryuu spoke, his voice still panting.

"You say you're already dead?" He pointed to the demon next to him. "Well that makes two of you."

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)