Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Reload this Page RMXP - Pokemon Shiny Diamond

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What starters do you want?
Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle 6 11.32%
Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile 18 33.96%
Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip 11 20.75%
Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup 18 33.96%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2011 (06:57 AM).
Master of everything!

Quote originally posted by KingSnivy:
UPDATE
The green color, bold and table have been removed.
_________
VS Mark that will make Pepsi get out of your nose

WARNING: LOUD SOUND THAT MAY CAUSE YOU EAR RAPE!
If it doesn't work, try here.
I don't get you what so ever. All you do is blank out everything negative people say and just see what you want to see. And that VS sprite is really shoddy and easy to do. It's just using a script everyone has access to...
Old May 6th, 2011 (07:05 AM).
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
You edited a vs screen with rainbow colors and did a cruddy edit of Blue from HGSS. Using Essentials DS, that's hardly an accomplishment.

Old May 6th, 2011 (09:50 AM).
Magma.

Nature: Serious
Lolz for today alot of new PMs and Pokemon Black at the league with alot of visitors xD

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 6th, 2011 (10:52 AM).
or goloog. that works too.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Neo-Spriteman
Lolz for today alot of new PMs and Pokemon Black at the league with alot of visitors xD
You just don't get it, do you?
People give you constructive criticism, and you just sit there, and ignore it.

So everyone, lets just ignore his thread. Who's with me?
Old May 6th, 2011 (11:33 AM).
Master of everything!

Quote originally posted by Neo-Spriteman:
You just don't get it, do you?
People give you constructive criticism, and you just sit there, and ignore it.

So everyone, lets just ignore his thread. Who's with me?
Not like anyone will do it but we'll see.
Old May 13th, 2011 (09:56 PM).
Magma.

The game will take Essentials DS 5's scripts to Essential DS 4's

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 14th, 2011 (03:03 AM).
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
i think he means, he's updating to the newer essentials ds.
Old May 14th, 2011 (04:27 PM).
私はセクシーです

Quote originally posted by Martinixon:
I believe he is from somewhere in the middle east, check his youtube channel, he has a video favorite with an Arabic title and with Arabic subs.
That would explain his bad grammar, he is probably using a translating software, or isn't that good with English.
That would also explain why he is not answering to most posts in his thread.
He also failed getting the name of his channel, he used "Tusutaja" instead of "Tsutarja" but that's off topic, well, in fact, all of this is off topic.
I might be wrong, but that's a little logic thinking.
I don't think he is in the middle east but he could be Arabic. He probably can speak Arabic as well. A translator would give a direct translation from another language so i doubt he's using one. And many native English speakers are bad with grammar.

To try and stay on topic, i'll comment on the game although I dont have much to say.

The story doesnt seem very intriguing but its more or less decent. But im curious as to why Leon needs to unleash mutant Pokemon to stall the military.
In the main games, the evil organizations were known to most people but,for example, Team Galactic never did anything to bother the citizens so the police etc. never had to get involved. But this is your game, so Ueno's police force may not consist of lazy bums like Kanto's or Sinnohs but I feel that stalling the military is unnecessary unless the mutant Pokemon play at least a sufficient role in the plot or at least as something to do like a side story/quest or just to make the game longer.
As for your screenshots, just looking at them make me not want to play this. You may have your own style of mapping or you might just be bad but your maps have A LOT of useless space. Try filling them up with things such as furniture in a house or plants, houses and people outside or just make the map smaller.
Old May 15th, 2011 (02:12 AM).
Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
AdministratorCS

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Okay, I deleted all the spammish posts and posts that made no sense whatsoever. Please don't go offtopic, this thread is about the game, not about the author nor about the thread itself.
Old May 17th, 2011 (12:51 AM).
Magma.

@Went Thanks Went..
btw..
Now I am not at my computer so I stopped developing for 3 days, so I dont want a mod to close the thread
-Snivy

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 17th, 2011 (01:03 AM).
Game Developer

Nature: Gentle
Your maps are really big and empty. Try to make smaller maps with better details.

Old May 18th, 2011 (12:52 PM).

Your Room is WAY to big. I suggest you get better tiles, or improve your mapping.The tiles are ok, but you should use other peoples comments to improve your game.But, i wish you good luck with your game.
Old May 18th, 2011 (10:58 PM). Edited May 19th, 2011 by TheMarkCrafter.
Magma.

@kox9sxe and @Miggs
Neo-Spriteman's deviantart account is posting examples of work to copy maps cause Neo-Spriteman is the Mapper and Eventer..

BACK TO DEVELOPING!! Actually i joked when i said 3 days!! It was 2 days. So, i will post a video for the Shiny Diamond opening due to Elaynii's introduction.

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 20th, 2011 (04:46 AM).
Magma.

The Shiny Diamond's Opening

READ!
Spoiler:
There are things that you must follow..
1. NEVER post spaming. Even Godslayerify.
2. Don't post: Your Game Sucks, Failed hack, etc..
3. That game is posted by RMXP and it's NOT a hack..
4. I am not a good mapper, though
5. I deleted Glitch Scenes, so that why the music is cutted.
6. Please, Please, and Please!! LOW YOUR SOUND CAUSE IT MAY GIVE YOU EAR-RAPE!
7. I didn't add music.

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 20th, 2011 (05:09 AM).
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
I can't say what's worse, the mapping or the grammar.

For one, why does mom a have pokemon center counter tiles in the house? Rowan: Good choice, Care it well. does not make any sense whatsoever. You need to get a translator for you game alone...To make it english.

Old May 20th, 2011 (05:44 AM).
Pokémon Spiritanium Creator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gsorby Send a message via Skype™ to gsorby
Well I can see a lot of things wrong with this game. The grammar...did you go to school? You must know by the age of FIVE that "I" when you're talking about yourself it's a captial? The maps are just...sorry, scabby. They are WAY to spacey. The VS sequence is scabby and probably rushed on Paint. You need to clean uip this game.
--------
GSorby
Old May 20th, 2011 (07:10 AM).
Magma.

@gsorby Well, how about your game Pokemon: The Nightmare? You stole the BAG, FIGHT, RUN, and POKEMON from O.G. Duke (omega groudon)'s Project "Pokemon Raptor"
And i have a new sprite for Lucas, it's made by this guy Tell me if it's good.
(pic at attachments)
Attached Images

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 20th, 2011 (07:38 AM).
I'm back.

Although GSorby and Omega Groudon's fight scenes look a little alike, they are not the same, which means he has not stolen them.

Lashing out at someone because they gave you bad criticism really isn't the way to go.
Before flailing at someone and criticising their game for being similar to another game, remember you are making a Pokemon fan game, so your game bears resemblance to many others, including the official games.

GSorby is right on many points, like the mapping etc, it needs work, but i'm sure you know that. They are too spacious, maps seem to feel more alive if you cram them full of stuff, but leave room for the player to explore.

One turnoff for people playing your game, is spelling and grammar. People generally turn the game off if there's consistent bad spelling/grammar, so that's another issue to address.

Although GSorby may not have gone about criticising your game the right way, and suggesting how to improve things, you should listen to him. Ultimately, you're making this game for the public to play, so let the public have their input.

I'm not getting at you, I just thought it needed to be said.
Old May 20th, 2011 (08:04 AM).
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by gsorby:
Well I can see a lot of things wrong with this game. The grammar...did you go to school? You must know by the age of FIVE that "I" when you're talking about yourself it's a captial? The maps are just...sorry, scabby. They are WAY to spacey. The VS sequence is scabby and probably rushed on Paint. You need to clean uip this game.
--------
GSorby
if you looked at the previous posts, you'd learn that snivy, is arabaic, so thats why his grammar sucks.
Old May 20th, 2011 (08:21 AM).
Master of everything!

Quote originally posted by Crazyninjaguy:
Although GSorby and Omega Groudon's fight scenes look a little alike, they are not the same, which means he has not stolen them.

Lashing out at someone because they gave you bad criticism really isn't the way to go.
Before flailing at someone and criticising their game for being similar to another game, remember you are making a Pokemon fan game, so your game bears resemblance to many others, including the official games.

GSorby is right on many points, like the mapping etc, it needs work, but i'm sure you know that. They are too spacious, maps seem to feel more alive if you cram them full of stuff, but leave room for the player to explore.

One turnoff for people playing your game, is spelling and grammar. People generally turn the game off if there's consistent bad spelling/grammar, so that's another issue to address.
Although GSorby may not have gone about criticising your game the right way, and suggesting how to improve things, you should listen to him. Ultimately, you're making this game for the public to play, so let the public have their input.

I'm not getting at you, I just thought it needed to be said.
Shouldn't of bothered with the massive post lol as he wont be able to comprehend it unless someone is able to translate it for him. By the way Kingsnivy irony is shown when you mention about stolen things every-time.
Old May 20th, 2011 (04:28 PM).

Nature: Brave
Don't think his arabic, tho this is a improvement snivy.. CBF going criticism because your just going to back it down, but a improvement.
Old May 20th, 2011 (09:22 PM).
Magma.

Quote originally posted by ProdigyX:
Don't think his arabic, tho this is a improvement snivy.. CBF going criticism because your just going to back it down, but a improvement.
You have a wrong thing dude, you have posted
Quote originally posted by ProdigyX:
a improvement
You must write
an improvement

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 21st, 2011 (12:28 AM).
I'm back.

Ok, i give up here.
You obviously just skipped past my last post which was trying to help, and decided to correct someone's grammar instead, getting some wrong yourself.

I'm gonna give a last comment, then leave this thread. But you probably won't read or listen to it anyway.

Scripts:

Try and not leave everything as default. Otherwise your game will turn out like everyone else's using Venom12's mod in terms of looks. Try learning scripting yourself, and expanding the features.

Mapping:

This has been said before, your maps are too big and empty. A house inside doesn't need a 25 x 25 map, just the default size is fine with the edges cut off. Try and fill your maps with tiles, not just the bare minimum.

You should try and listen to everyone who posts on this thread as they're trying to help. If you ignore them, well, they'll just get fed up and stop caring, like me :/
Old May 21st, 2011 (01:23 AM).

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Crazyninjaguy:
Ok, i give up here.
You obviously just skipped past my last post which was trying to help, and decided to correct someone's grammar instead, getting some wrong yourself.

I'm gonna give a last comment, then leave this thread. But you probably won't read or listen to it anyway.

Scripts:

Try and not leave everything as default. Otherwise your game will turn out like everyone else's using Venom12's mod in terms of looks. Try learning scripting yourself, and expanding the features.

Mapping:

This has been said before, your maps are too big and empty. A house inside doesn't need a 25 x 25 map, just the default size is fine with the edges cut off. Try and fill your maps with tiles, not just the bare minimum.

You should try and listen to everyone who posts on this thread as they're trying to help. If you ignore them, well, they'll just get fed up and stop caring, like me :/
Its all a learning process, and your taking it to fast .. maybe you should show more maturity before creating a game ay?
Old May 21st, 2011 (01:29 AM). Edited May 21st, 2011 by Crazyninjaguy.
I'm back.

Sure, a learning process, i get that. But it just annoys me when people ignore their public and just bypass completely what they've said.

Anyway, before this thread gets more out of hand/off topic. Good luck with your project KingSnivy, hope it all goes well.

Sponsored Links