The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2011 (03:20 PM). Edited November 3rd, 2011 by AquaLeaderMatt.
AquaLeaderMatt
Ood.

As a general rule I don't play demos because I hate having to stop playing before the end haha. But yeah, this looks quality so do try to finish it!

(Hint: more boobs)
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie Boy and Dim. And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old Ultra-Violence."
Old November 8th, 2011 (09:54 AM).
Akura
Beginning Trainer

Is this game complete yet? Or almost at least?
Old November 8th, 2011 (01:29 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Nope not yet, there is one demo available, and the 2nd one is very close to completeion. I just have to test the game, and add a few more side missions. Then the 2nd demo should be ready to play!
Old November 8th, 2011 (09:57 PM).
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
pokemon may die ? well whenever i think it idk why but cubone's mother come in my mind hehe anyways downloading now!
Old November 9th, 2011 (06:27 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Yeah as of right now, I'm not sure that will even be implemented... I don't know enough about scripting, or have anyone that can script for me. So it may just be a story event :/

But someday I would like to implement that feature somehow.
Old November 17th, 2011 (06:23 PM).
afjc
Beginning Trainer

This game looks awesome! I especially like your map making and grapics. I would definately play this game! Keep up the good work!
Old November 20th, 2011 (10:37 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Thanks dude :)

Ok so some big news here!

1) Kitsune Kouta has agreed to help me with any scripting quips that come my way. So basically, we now have a scripter. Lucky for him ,he won't have to much to do haha. He already did the main scripting thing I wanted for the game. Which I am very grateful for. This brings me to the second news.

2) Death! For those of you who have played the demo and talked to the second nurse in the pokecenters, she now has a purpose.
Kitsune has scripted the Death feature into the game. Now, whenever one of your pokemon faints, there is a small chance that it may actually die. Cannot be healed by items, or any other normal way. You can bring it to the other nurse, and for a small fee of $50,000, she will bring it back to life. So this will be making the game a tad more difficult (if your pokemon actually faint often...)
So again, thank you so much Kitsune for doing this. This will bring great things to the game... i guess? Not really... But it is one cool feature i think!

3) I will now be updating my twitter with info on the game, so if you would like to follow me and get updates about it then you can follow me. @JustinPW93
Be warned, it's my personal account. So I will tweet lyrics, ideas, thoughts, and sweet nothings to my girlfriend. So sorry if that nonsense will bother you. But I'll make sure to make worthwhile updates on there haha.

So yeah, I'll take some screenshots of the death system in action within the next few days :)
Old November 21st, 2011 (04:48 AM).
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
That sounds awesome, dude! It really will make it a challenge if your Pokemon faint often, then they start dying. D:

But how does that work? The greater the amount of faints, the higher the chance of death? Or is it just spontaneous/random?

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old November 21st, 2011 (06:15 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

It will be a percentage. I'm not sure what it will be, But I'm thinking 15% or 20%. Or smaller haha. Cause if it's 20, then it would die 2 out of every 10 times haha
Old November 21st, 2011 (07:20 AM).
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
I think if you want to use twitter for updates you should give the game it's own account. I wouldn't follow a personal account to get game news lol. I'll just get the info from the forum/DA lol.

Has the death feature been thought through? What happens if the player has one pokemon and it faints then dies? Game Over?

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old November 21st, 2011 (07:25 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

I don't wanna go through the trouble of having 2 accounts. Like I said, if they can put up with my personal tweets, then great. If not, it's not a big deal if they don't follow me haha.

And yes it has Neo :) If you have one pokemon left, it is impossible to kill :) (faint yes, but not kill) I think me and Kitsune have thought of any bugs the system may have, and fixed them.

I actually thought of that last night at like midnight, and he fixed it haha
Old November 21st, 2011 (07:40 AM).
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Ah that's good. I was wondering what would happen - that was the first thing that popped into my head.
I had something else I wanted to suggest. I had this in my above post but I edited it out because it came across as negative, but it's not, it's just an idea.
I'm not a fan of paying 50,000 at a pokemon center that normally offers free "health care" for pokemon. Maybe have an item like a portable "defibrillator" that costs that price but can be used by the player anywhere from the bag menu on a pokemon.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old November 21st, 2011 (10:37 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Yeah, we might make a portable item.
Only reason it cost money, is because they actually have to do surgey on the pokemon. Use donated organs and such to bring it back to life. So that's why it cost so much. And it is also suppose to encourage you more to not let them faint. Cause you won't want to pay 50,000 bucks haha.
Old November 24th, 2011 (10:52 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Here's a pokemon dying in the game!
Old November 24th, 2011 (12:19 PM).
khkramer

So if your enemy scores a crit and your pokemon dies, it costs you 50.000.. doesn't that seem a bit much?

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old November 24th, 2011 (07:09 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

No, there's a 5% chance that anytime a pokemon faints, it will actually die. That way it makes you more cautious to actually not let them die. So if your any good at the games, it really souldn't be to much of a problem.
Old November 24th, 2011 (10:23 PM).
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

I think it's a really innovative and interesting idea. It adds another depth to the battles and as you say, makes you more cautious to let your Pokémon faint. (The paying to revive part really doesn't make sense to me though, but that's just I'm used to free healthcare in my country. XD)

I've got another question though. Will there be places around the region, where you can, for example, battle indefinetely, in order to earn money?

It'd be a pain in the ass if you're stuck at a gym leader, all but one Pokémon are dead, and there are no trainers to find.
Old November 24th, 2011 (11:36 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Hmm... You raise a pretty good point dude. Currently there is no spot, but I will definitly implement a spot like that haha. Not sure if there will be one in this demo though!
Old November 26th, 2011 (09:36 PM).
Pink Typholsion
When I step outside... ♥

This is my first post in a LONG time~

I see that you didn't edit your starter evo sprites

Can't wait for the next demo

Meloetta
Master the Arts

OfficiallyClaimed:

Old November 27th, 2011 (02:03 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Haha I think I've fixed that since the last demo XD
Thanks for letting me know though :)
Old November 27th, 2011 (09:04 PM).
BrokenRoses22
Beginning Trainer

Looks sexxy. Starting the demo now. :D
Old December 1st, 2011 (09:39 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

So, I don't usually care about things like these... But I was nominated as developer of the year for the "Member of the Year" thread. If you guys think I deserve it, you should go vote for me! My competitors are WorldSlayer and Starmyyt. So I'm going up against 2 people with astounding games. Like I said, if you think I deserve it, go vote for me. It would really mean a lot. If not it's not a big deal, I"m honored just to be nominated.

Go vote here!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268166

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Ok, so a bunch of ideas have popped into my head in the last few days as far as the plot goes for the game. I had a general idea of what would happen, and now I'm thinking of specifics for the future.

These ideas I'm having, will turn the well known Pokemon plot into a much more in depth, mature plot. Now, I know some people don't like when Pokemon gets to serious. So I'm asking you guys what you think I should do.

Should I keep the plot simple and understandable?

Or should I include my ideas? If I do, the story will become much darker as you progress. And much more... in depth I would like to think.

I won't be showing blood and violence. But there may be a few scenes with knives and guns. I'm not sure yet if you will see anyone die. But I know it will be mentioned.
I can't give much away right now.

So what do you guys think? Basic Plot? Or in depth, awesome plot??

I know It's my game... But I'm making it for other people to play, not myself.

Post and let me know what you think!
Old December 2nd, 2011 (07:33 AM).
Deadrocks

Nature: Lax
In-depth awesome. I think most of us are tired of the same ol' Pokemon games, we want some new and interesting.

Old December 7th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Judging by that, and the answeres I got on DeviantArt, I will be going for a more mature in depth storyline. I'm excited. Unfortunately it won't show up much until the 3rd demo.

Speaking of demos. I'm just implementing battle animations and then I will be testing the game, along with another person or 2 testing. When everything is fixed and ready, i will be releasing the 2nd installment of Pokemon obsidian.

Should be ready within the next week or 2!
Old December 14th, 2011 (07:29 AM). Edited December 14th, 2011 by InsanityLives.
InsanityLives
Beginning Trainer

this looks amazing. i like the changed styles for battle scene for different times of day. the sprites look very clean and the tiles look great. im gonna get the demo work (if cross over on my mac will cooperate with me) if not ill just play it on my windows PC at home. oh, and do you have any support banners?

edit: ok got it work on cross over. no music? is that a glitch im having or do you just not have any yet?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links