Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Reload this Page Hi everybody
Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Old April 29th, 2011 (02:21 PM).

Hi,my name is João(john in english) and i'm from Portugal.
I always love pokemon and still do. I was a big fan untill 4th generation and then i stooped watch/play pokemon. But after years i wanted to fell that feeling that only pokemon make..So here i am!
I don't have a DS and the only game that i have is a non-official Portuguese version of one of the pokemon games. And i have a little question. How can i play pokemon on-line? Only whit DS?

That's all...
Thank you
Joao
Old April 29th, 2011 (08:09 PM).
A wild shroomish appeared!
Crystal Tier

Hey, welcome to PC. I sorta stopped being into Pokemon for a little while as well but got back into it for Emerald (So it was a while ago xD). I remember that feeling that only Pokemon gave. I haven't had it for a long time though.
As long as you read the rules which can be found here you'll be just dandy :3

As for playing online, that is only for the DS you're correct. Although there are programs on the internet that people use to battle. Shoddy, is what I believe is the most popular one but I'm not exactly sure. Either way, a google search should reveal that :3
Old April 30th, 2011 (01:45 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
It's nice to get back into Pokemon after a long break. I had a five-year hiatus before coming back into the field a few months ago with Black version and, like you say, it's nice to get that feeling that only Pokemon gives!

Welcome to PC. Enjoy yourself, read the rules and stay safe. If you have a question, don't be afraid to send a message to a Moderator or any other staff member. They'll be able to help you out.
Old April 30th, 2011 (05:58 AM).

Thank you Charlizard and Mr Cat Dog!
I have to update myself cause there's a lot of Pokemons that i don't know, since i stooped in 3th generation.
Old April 30th, 2011 (02:36 PM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Welcome to PC, João~! As Mr. Cat Dog and Charlizard have stated before me, with the DS, you can play Pokemon online, yes. But that's the fun part about it, because when you're in this forum, you can interact with many people that wish to either battle with you, or trade with you, or anything like that. :D; It's a fun way to get accustomed to the wi-fi service, so please do try it out~!

Enjoy yourself here!
Giratina
HEIGHT: 14'09'' | weight: 1653.5lbs/750kg | ghost/dragon
This Pokémon is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours, where common knowledge is distorted and strange.
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old May 1st, 2011 (01:20 AM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSogen View Post
Hi,my name is João(john in english) and i'm from Portugal.
I always love pokemon and still do. I was a big fan untill 4th generation and then i stooped watch/play pokemon. But after years i wanted to fell that feeling that only pokemon make..So here i am!
I don't have a DS and the only game that i have is a non-official Portuguese version of one of the pokemon games. And i have a little question. How can i play pokemon on-line? Only whit DS?

That's all...
Thank you
Joao
Your name is so much cooler than mine. ;; Welcome to PC though, João! :DD

That's pretty awesome how you left but came back! Was there any other reason that Pokémon caught your attention again? And sadly you can only legally play Pokémon with a DS. You can play it online, but it's slow, you lose a lot of the new features, and it's technically illegal if you don't own the game so I can't even really help you out there. :(

But hey, I hope you get your DS situation figured out! If you can get ahold of one I definitely would recommend trying out Black or White because they're the coolest Pokémon games graphically, technologically, and just in overall awesomeness that have been out since the 4th gen. Enjoy your time on the forums, João! Don't forget to read the rules. :3
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links