Welcome to General Entertainment, PC's most awesome and underrated forum, and thanks for stopping by. Have a drink, post in a few threads, enjoy yourself. Below are the GE rules, notable threads in this forum as well as a guide on what type of threads go here.
1) All global PC rules apply here: everything from the ‘four words, twenty-five character rule’ to the ‘no double posting’ rule to the ‘no porn ever’ rule applies here. ALL OF THEM APPLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. Read them here, and make sure you follow them. Mmmkay?
2) Specific threads about video clips DON’T go here: if you’ve found something on YouTube and can’t wait to talk about it, please do so in the Random YouTube video thread in Life, the Universe and Everything.
2a) It’s fine to embed videos into posts to showcase a point, however: If you’re starting – or contributing to – a thread about a certain band, and you want to embed a YouTube video help explain why you like something, then that’s fine. As long as there’s still an element of discussion in your post, there’s no problem with that.
2b) Advertising your music CAN go here: There’s been a bit of confusion with regards to this one; if you’re in a band/looking to make it as a singer and want to showcase your skills, Culture & Media is the place for it. You’re positively encouraged to make threads about your entertainment exploits here, and you CAN advertise them in Culture & Media. However, simply uploading videos should go in The Creative Media Showcase.
3) Provide evidence in posts that ask of your opinions: If a thread asks what your favourite ‘anything’ is, it is implicit in the question that you give some form of reasoning as to why. Discussion can never be facilitated if everyone answered relatively monosyllabically. Also known as the NO LISTING RULE!
4) Please search the forum before making a new thread: The 30 day revival rule applies here, so if you want to make sure your thread hasn’t been made before, go back about 3-4 pages to see if there’s a similar thread.
5) Be nice, friendly and polite to others: Less a hard-and-fast rule and more a code of conduct, but this is a nice forum and I’d like to keep it this way for as long as possible. If you have any problems with what certain members are doing, either report the post in question or PM me directly, and I will deal with the problem at hand.
Non-compliance with these rules will lead to deleted posts, then warnings, then infractions, then bans. But that’s not going to happen to anyone, ‘cause you’re all going to read and follow the rules, amirite? :D If you’re unsure of what to do in GE, please contact me (Mr Cat Dog) and I’ll be glad to assist you.
Okey dokey, onto the notable threads!
The Big Fat Claim Thread - coming soon: Got a song, celebrity, film or TV show you want to tell the whole forum you just love? Then claim it as yours in this thread.
General Entertainment Daily Chit-Chat: Just watched something and want to talk about it quickly? This thread's all yours. Additionally, user recommendations for various forms of entertainment may be posted as well.
The Creative Media Showcase: Are you a budding Bruno Mars, Adele, or even Rebecca Black? Whatever you are, if you love singing or playing an instrument and can’t bear not showing off your mad skillz, then here’s the place for you.
Challenge threads: In the past, we've had challenges like the PC 30 Day Song Challenge and the C&M Advent Calendar here at GE. They've been fun threads where, every day, people can post something meaningful within a certain theme. (If you read the previous challenge thread, you'll probably get a better idea of it than how I've just explained it!) However, in the interests of my sanity, I’m imposing a one challenge at a time rule.
'The Claim Thread': Described above in the ‘Notable threads’ part of this.
Contest threads: Normally in the form of a review contest or a caption contest, these threads allow members to unlease their creative side in a competition to the death. Last person standing! Well... not really. Mostly the prizes are emblems/supporter statuses.