The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game > Custom Cards

Notices

Custom Cards For your creations of cards made on your own, post them here and show your great creativity and moves! See what Pokémon or little hilarious thing you concoct with the TCG base-sets obtainable here and other places.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Dream Illusionist
//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//

Location: In order to be here, I need to be in front of a PC, no?
Wow! It's very explainful, and easy to comprehend! Good work, QFred

~Currently under renovations~
Old November 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Gokey Shuckle
Bisexual and Proud

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Gokey Shuckle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gokey Shuckle Send a message via Yahoo to Gokey Shuckle Send a message via Skype™ to Gokey Shuckle
Hmmm....This seems like more of a tutorial to get your pic beind the evo circle. The way I do it, I just drag and drop the evo icon on the evo circle and leave it at that. Then, with the eraser tool, I just erase enough so the pic can go around the evo circle. I will sticky this for those who may want to do it your way.

Credit to Matt. for the sig.
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:30 AM
QFred
Behold...

Yuppie, my first sticky!

I'm glad you liked! It's very useful!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:43 AM
.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
Elite Four

I guess its quite a tricky buisness creating fake cards. why create fake cards? Just go out and buy em.
Old January 1st, 2006, 05:24 PM
Cursed
Godking Ragnarok CXVII

Fake cards aren't just fake versions of real cards, they're also custom, which means you can have an uber-powerful, one-of-a-kind card that you have the satisfaction of knowing that you made it yourself.
Oh, and is there a tutorial for making fake special energy cards?
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:17 AM
.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
Elite Four

kule. i might start to make them but the whole process looks like it will take at leats twenty to twenty-five minutes to make one card.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
It can take even longer if you want to do something REALLY special.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
mewtwo-EX
The original EX

Location: ...A far away city, where stories are told...(RIT, NYS, USA)
Nature: Lonely
It also depends on what you're trying to do. If you have all the parts and its a matter of putting different attacks on a card, then it shouldn't take too long. But if you want to make each design, digitally cut out each part, and thus create a card that is completely custom, it can take hours, even days.

Similar example: I designed all the TCards I make. Designing and making it useable takes at least an afternoon. Usually 2 days to get the kinks out. After its made though, I can change text and pictures in a matter of minutes.

Edited map by me - You know you want it!

I'm on deviantArt: mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
Video Game Music: FFShrine.org
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
sorry if this is bumping but where can i get gill sans because the link that shadow(ithink) posted doent work nemore its and empty file so could some one please post it?

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:48 PM
shadow_bind
Feeling empty?

Nature: Naive
Sorry for the long delay - better late than never though . This tutorial covers just about everything, fom the placing of the text to the card art now .

Some important notes: This Special Energy Card Tutorial is adapted for Photoshop 6 and up. Of course, this tutorial may not necessarily be 100% correct - I could be wrong. As for the Special Energy card blank, there isn't anywhere else to get it other than Pokebeach. To access the link, click here and scroll down until you see the link to the Special Energy card blank. Also, all fonts are the standard fonts used for making other fake cards.

All ready? Then let's begin!

Before we start, we’ll need to change the foreground colour to white, since all text will be white in colour. To do this, hit D on your keyboard to select default colours, and then hit X to switch Foreground and Background colours. You toolbar should look something like this:

Figure 1

First, we’ll start with the name. The name uses Gill Sans MT Bold, size 20 at 100% width. Put it 5 pixels from the top of the black line and 2 pixels on the right from the left edge of the black line.

Figure 2

For the text ‘Special Energy card’ (to the right of the Energy card’s name), use Gill Sans MT Regular, size 14 at 96% width. Place it 2 pixels on the right from the left edge of the black line. Put it 5 pixels above the black line.

Figure 3

Things get a little complicated here. For the Energy’s effect, draw a text box by drag-clicking to create a box. Align the box so that it is exactly the width of the black line. The text box should be about 5 pixels below the line. Open up the Paragraph window, and click ‘Justify last left’. (If you can’t see the window, click ‘Window’ on your menu and select ‘Show Paragraph’.)

Figure 4

For the text, use Gill Sans MT Regular, at 96% width. Your text can range between the size of 11 and 15. Set the leading (the distance between two lines) 1 point bigger than your font. (For example, if your font is size 12, then your leading should be 13.)

Figure 5

The final parts are similar to Fangking’s tutorial for Pokémon cards. The 9-digit ID is placed 15 pixels from the right of the yellow border, and its bottom should be aligned with the Nintendo copyright. Use Futura LT Medium Regular, size 7 at 89% width.

Figure 6

The rarity symbol goes about 25 pixels from the left of the yellow border. Put the card number 3 pixels to the left of the rarity. For the card number, use Futura LT Medium Bold Italic, size 7 at 89% width. Align the bottom of the card number with the Nintendo copyright, then shift the rarity symbol 1 pixel up from the bottom of the card number. The set symbol should go roughly somewhere between the rarity symbol and the yellow border.

Finally, for the illustrator, use Futura LT Medium Italic, size 7 at 100% width. It should be aligned to the left edge of the black line. Put it about 23 pixels from the top of the yellow border.

Figure 7

And that's about all for the text part. Easy, wasn't it ?

Now, if you can't make an authentic-looking Special Energy card if you don't have authentic looking art now, would you? Here's a basic tutorial on how to create your very own Special Energy art from scratch:

Art Tutorial

The tutorial also covers some other things that I missed out earlier. To download it, just click 'Download to Desktop'. You'll need Winzip to open the files though .

That is all for my very basic Special Energy card tutorial. I hope you've found it useful
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to help you...just don't expect a reply too soon OK ?

Last edited by shadow_bind; March 25th, 2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Flame Claw
Flaminator

Nature: Lonely
Right, we've been waiting for this! Hope it helps people making SE cards! I'll have a try when I get free time.
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:06 AM
QFred
Behold...

Awesome tutorial!

Hope KS includes it with the other tuts fast!
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Syousuke

Sticky please!!

Awesome tutorial, buddy!
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:54 AM
theRazor
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Hey, thank you very much for the tutorial Shadow Bind. I've already had good luck following it. But I wondered if you know of any source for the bits that are needed to make energy cards, namely the big and little energy simbols, especially the basic ones, and the ones from multi, and other special energy? Should I scan those myself?
Old March 25th, 2006, 12:15 AM
shadow_bind
Feeling empty?

Nature: Naive
I've now updated the tutorial with another tutorial on how to create art for the Special Energy card. After all, I shouldn't be stingy with what I know, right ? Take note that the tutorial is long. I can't help it, I'm very wordy...

And now the tutorial is complete! Could someone please sticky it?

P.S. Before I forget, here is the final card. Get ready to have a have a blast with some
Explosive Energy!
Old March 30th, 2006, 08:49 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Thanks for the Tutorial, this should be a Sticky.

Dark Venusaur

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old April 1st, 2006, 09:16 AM
Gokey Shuckle
Bisexual and Proud

Send a message via AIM to Gokey Shuckle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gokey Shuckle Send a message via Yahoo to Gokey Shuckle Send a message via Skype™ to Gokey Shuckle
Sorry for the delay. I had a lot of school work to take care of. I now have some free time on my hands. It will be merged with the tutorial threads.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just sticky it.

Old April 11th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Great Chikorita
~ It's Raining Here! ~

Send a message via Yahoo to Great Chikorita
The Quick Card Making Tutorial

This tutorial's purpose is to make cards faster than normal. Only when you have already made a card that is. Let's start already. Note that this tutorial is made for Photoshop Users.

We will make a Dark Dragonite card for this Tutorial, just for an example.

Step 1:
First of. Open your recently made card that is similar to your upcoming new card (If the energy symbols of the new card are similar or used by a recent card or something Etc). Make sure that the placements are correct on the recent card (Used Fangking's Tutorials and such). Let's open my Dark Tyranitar Card as an example shall we?

Figure 1

Step 2:
Open your card blank. Let's open a Rocket Style Dark Stage 2 card for this tutorial.

Figure 2

Step 3:

> On the recent card
Select the Layer of the Name (With the Move Tool, right click on the Name and select the Layer of the Name. Or simply select the Layer with the Layers Window) Now with the Rectangular Marquee tool. Right Click and Select 'Duplicate Layer...' and duplicate the layer onto the card blank.

> On the Card Blank
Not look at it. The name should be there sitting in the blank like this:

Figure 3

If you haven't seen the recent card's name in the blank, try again or set the arrangement to 'Bring to Front' or something.

Step 4:
Do this with the other useful symbols and texts like Id, #, Illus., Damage, Atk name, HP, etc. (Repeat Step 3 but do this with the other useful symbols and texts instead of the name.)

You will end up with something like this:

Figure 4

Step 5:
Now add the other symbols and texts that the card still needs. After that. Move and Edit all the things that are needed to be changed.

This Should be your situation right now...

Figure 5

Step 6:
Now all you need to do is to slap in your pic and poof! You have finished your Card!

Click Here to see the Finished Product

Tutorial Advantages:

You will avoid doing some hard and grueling steps like adjusting the width etc.
You have done your card quickly! Do this if you're in a hurry or something.

Hope this Tutorial Helps. I will also post some other tutorials that I made like 'How to put your pic to your card Tutorial' or something.

Feel Free to ask questions or to give other comments or suggestions.

This Tutorial can also be posted on Zeo and on Serebii. Credit me if used on another site or ask permission to me Via PM.

XD XD XD XD XD
Old April 12th, 2006, 01:39 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Wow I never thought that it was that simple. Thanks for the lesson.

Dark Venusaur

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Blennix
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blennix
knowing that, that is a tutorial those cards have some errors on them, i would advise that u fix those errors up
Old April 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Great Chikorita
~ It's Raining Here! ~

Send a message via Yahoo to Great Chikorita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blennix
knowing that, that is a tutorial those cards have some errors on them, i would advise that u fix those errors up
Yeah, you're right. I would like to advice everyone to check your recent card before using the tutorial. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Venusaur
Wow I never thought that it was that simple. Thanks for the lesson.

Dark Venusaur
Yes, it's that simple. *message too short XD* Thanks for 'd comment.

Old April 20th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Gokey Shuckle
Bisexual and Proud

I would merge this, but I have a problem with this tutorial. It doesn't really go into placement. With this tutorial, one would assume that placement doesn't matter and they could put the text in different spots and the symbols in the wrong spot. Oh sure, they know where it goes, but it would have perfect placement unless you specify what the placement for stuff is. It's still a good tutorial though.

10/10 for Dark Dragonite though.

Last edited by Gokey Shuckle; April 20th, 2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:09 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
This is in fact an old Fangking strategy, but not one that I ever deemed worthy of devoting writing time to It cuts time massively, which is only an advantage.

This is very very useful and I advise all fakers to follow it. But please ensure that the card you're using as a base is flawless (see Fangking card making tutorial! Haha).

10/10 and the Fangking seal of approval. All fakers should use this.
Old April 21st, 2006, 10:26 AM
Gokey Shuckle
Bisexual and Proud

In that case, time for a merger!!!!

Old May 16th, 2006, 12:55 AM
HyperDemonic
Beginning Trainer

When i go to get the Fake Card Materials on PPN it wont load the page for the acc. (like the energys and stuff) but i can get the rest of the site to load
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links