Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers BW037: Roggenrola!! Let's Fire The Flash Cannon!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old May 6th, 2011 (05:55 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Episode title: BW037: Roggenrola!! Let's fire the flash cannon!!

Airdate : 2/06/11

Source: Newtype

Summary, translated by Sushi:

Ash and his friends encounter the "Mantle Pokémon" Roggenrola rampaging in the forest. Wanting to catch it, Ash challenges Roggenrola to a battle but is defeated. He ends up heading to the Pokémon Center to have his Pokémon treated...
Old May 6th, 2011 (02:03 PM).
Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!

Nature: Quirky
Look at Ash trying to get more Pokemon under his belt. It's about time for another capture. I am really looking forward to this episode

Full Power comes from their hearts!
Old May 6th, 2011 (03:38 PM).
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
They should make Cilan and Iris catch more first in my opinion .

Old May 7th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
A Roggenrola on his team. That would be interesting to see it go to Gigalith eventually. Some how I don't see this happening. Sounds like an episode were Ash learns from defeat and motivates whomever lost on the team to do better or something like that.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 8th, 2011 (10:26 AM).
what
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/products/boys/gachien/index.html

Looks like an Ash capture.
Old May 8th, 2011 (10:40 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Hopefully this is solid and actually means something. Cause if you remember Sandile was featured on the pokemon Calendars and Ash has yet to capture Krokorok. If they were actually going to have and do a trade evolution I heard of possibilities doing a trade with either Trip since he has a Timburr and it would be a mutual evolution for both sides, or have Iris trade Excadrill for it. It would be nice to see Ash capture a Rock type which he has yet to Capture.

Old May 26th, 2011 (08:02 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Doesn't look like it really shows much that we don't already know. Outside of there being a group, and Team Rockets involvement. Hopefully we get to see Ash get Roggenrola since it shows Roggenrola in one of the scenes in BW039.

Old May 27th, 2011 (10:17 AM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
Looks like it's going to be pretty action-packed from the preview... but then again, maybe not. Dangoro looks pretty cool, and I could see Ash having it on his team. It also looks like Pokabu will get much-needed screentime. Hopefully it won't just get beat down in half a second.
Old June 2nd, 2011 (03:35 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Well it looks like he caught it. Didn't suprise me much.

Yay Iris used Excadrill, I loved the look in her eyes.

Did anyone else notice anything different with Meowths design, I just can't put my finger on it. :\

Old June 2nd, 2011 (03:56 AM). Edited June 2nd, 2011 by TheFuturePokemon.
Natural.....

Ash has Roggenrola and Trip has Timburr both need to evolve into its final evolution by trading *hint* *hint**hint*

FYI This is Ash's first Rock Type Pokemon
Old June 2nd, 2011 (05:58 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Wow Oshawott looked so weak, I mean he is supposed to be the star of Unova but he gets taken out that quick. I was so happy Ash got Roggenrola, cause last time when I wanted him to get Sandile/Krokorok they screwed me over! Glad to see Excadrill is of use now.

Old June 2nd, 2011 (09:57 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Ash is trying to catch em all! He has caught a lot of Pokemon already but I never suspected him to catch Roggenrola but then again its like how I didn't suspect him to catch the other Pokemon during episode 35. This was a pretty good episode. At least Tepig was getting some experience with battling now that Oshawott is able to control Aqua Jet. Oshawott could have done better in that battle in the beginning though. Excadrill looked so amazing in this episode! Yeah what happened to Krokorok? I would love to see Krokorok fight against Excadrill.
Old June 2nd, 2011 (10:01 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by AshPikastar:
Ash is trying to catch em all! He has caught a lot of Pokemon already but I never suspected him to catch Roggenrola but then again its like how I didn't suspect him to catch the other Pokemon during episode 35. This was a pretty good episode. At least Tepig was getting some experience with battling now that Oshawott is able to control Aqua Jet. Oshawott could have done better in that battle in the beginning though. Excadrill looked so amazing in this episode! Yeah what happened to Krokorok? I would love to see Krokorok fight against Excadrill.
He was in Pokemon Livecaster that showed him in BW023 or BW024 so we really don't know. And I would love to see him fight about anyone I love Sandile line.

I thought he would catch Roggenrola, especially with all the hype he was getting the last few weeks, I figured it would be a matter of when the episode then if. I am too glad to see some Tepig development, he pretty much co-stared with Roggenrola this episode. Although I do think he needs to learn some new attack outside of Flame Charge, Ember, and Tackle(maybe an evolution would fix that...)

Old June 2nd, 2011 (10:06 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
He was in Pokemon Livecaster that showed him in BW023 or BW024 so we really don't know. And I would love to see him fight about anyone I love Sandile line.

I thought he would catch Roggenrola, especially with all the hype he was getting the last few weeks, I figured it would be a matter of when the episode then if. I am too glad to see some Tepig development, he pretty much co-stared with Roggenrola this episode. Although I do think he needs to learn some new attack outside of Flame Charge, Ember, and Tackle(maybe an evolution would fix that...)
Oh ok I need to re-watch those episodes again.

Yeah he has been catching a lot of Pokemon lately. So far the only strongest move that Tepig has is Flame Charge. Now that Oshawott is out of the way for now, hopefully we'll see more episodes of Tepig since he hasn't been doing so well during its battling.
Old June 2nd, 2011 (10:35 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Hopefully we do, but I don't see that for a bit since BW038 is Cilan centric, BW039 is Archen/Archeops focus with Tranquill being there for assistance, BW040 this episode could give Tepig development, but I kind of doubt it. BW041 I don't see him in this Gym match since he has been in every since gym match up until now. It could be awhile until we get some more Tepig development.

Old June 2nd, 2011 (11:12 AM).

Man, they're really pushing for Ash to catch more Pokemon. It's great, but I'm wondering how they will handle him training for the league. At this rate I think they should have him start training the Pokemon he has now and let Cilan and Iris catch a few.

To date, in Unova Ash has caught 8 new Pokemon and has the following types: Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Flying, Dark/Fighting, Bug/Grass, Water/Ground, and now Rock. That is a solid, well rounded group of Pokemon that have great potential once trained more. I'm happy Ash caught Roggenrola (and wouldn't mind him catching Archen in the process of helping it learn to fly even though I highly doubt it) but I want more training.

Tepig, in my opinion, seems to me like it may very well be close to evolving within the next 5-8 episodes and I hope Ash uses him more because he seems like the weakest of the starters. Snivy is strong simply because she was once another trainer's, Oshawott is learned Aqua Jet and has had face time battling more than Tepig, it just seems like it deserves more battle time. As for Roggenrola, I hope Ash starts battling with it right away (and starts switching out his team more in order to train everyone). Iris and Excadrill were awesome as well.
Old June 2nd, 2011 (11:27 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Yeah the love needs to be spread around, I though Iris should get Archen cause he sports a couple Dragon moves. I really don't see the need for Ash to get another Rock two episodes after he got his first ever.

Ash team does have a balance, I think with all the captures they want him use only his Unova pokemon in the League. So too do that he may need to have two or around two whole teams. So we could see at least 3 more captures from him before the series is over my guess is Sunglasses Krokorok, Cubchoo, Golett. That that were the cause he would have 12 pokemon enough for two teams again the League.

When I was talking with Mew about Tepig I thought he would evolve in between Clay and Skyla gym. I think they will give more focus on Oshawott before Clay, and Snivy. And of course all the subs he still has. I can definitely see him evolving may around Cold Storage(which I assume they will include).

Old June 6th, 2011 (03:01 AM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
Hey look late review but I still like to do it anyway.

Spoiler:
> hop hop hop
> Dent makes amazing food, we know. :3
> Was that... "It's unbelievable time!"? lol
> Awwu, poor Dent keeps having things ruin lunchtime. ;; Poor guy.
> Why is Dangoro flipping out?
> Excellent use of materials on hand, though I doubt Dent is happy about it. :/
> Dent what have you been eating boy it's gone straight to your hips
> Oh hey there's a battle going on still
> I mean, it's a pretty interesting battle, but I'm more concerned about Dent's hips tbh
> I wonder if anybody reads these.
> Pokabu really needs to win something
> Who's this guy?
> Don't wink at small children dude it sends the wrong impression
> Secret meeting ooo
> ****'s going down guys
> ooo pretty Kojiro eye
> Hey, random Kojiro crotch shot. Awesome.
> So wait what are they doing with that machine?
> Shoulda been Dent that saved him.
> Suddenly, Pokabu is ridiculously small.
> DAYUM
> Hey, Doryuuzu!
> FOLLOW THE BOUNCING DANGORO
> Decrepit warehouse yay
> Dent's pose right there >w<
> K what move can counter something that powerful? Nothing that little one should know.
> Damn, thought they would have blasted off there.
> Second verse, same as the first. Woooo
> yayyy good capture

Guys I swear I only saw Pikachu like twice this episode.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)