The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you resentlessly target wild Audino?
AYE 227 74.92%
NAY 76 25.08%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
I do hunt the Audino species into extinction for the purpose of my own Pokemon's experience (particularly in B2/W2), but I voted Nay in the poll because it does make me a tad guilty.

Besides, in B/W I used an Audino on my team! It was just too cute. I hope in X/Y it gets an evolution with better stats though; don't get me wrong, I liked using it! But if it could have a tad bit more offensive potential, that'd be lovely. Besides, I want to use Audino again!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

I'm very guilty of hunting down Audino. Especially considering they use Heal Pulse and save you from having to run to the Pokemon every 4 Audinos or so.

Although tbh, I can't see why anyone would grind the hard way when hunting Audinos is a much easier and quicker way of leveling up your Pokes (assuming you're not EV training).
There's nobody there
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Diversity Pumpkin
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Serious
As the title says, do you reguarly defeat Audinos for easy exp?
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Sometimes I'll "hunt" for Audinos to get the exp. but usually i just defeat them by chance. When i see rustling grass, i'm always hoping for a cool pokemon...then, when Audino shows up, my disappointment demands a sacrifice, hence, Audino

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Yes, but only when the Pokémon I'm using is fully EV trained, as Audino gives 2 HP EVs, which I may or may not need.

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
What good are Audino, if not for the experience?

Whenever I'm in the need for some grinding, they're my go-to targets.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:57 PM
D-poke
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bold
-drools over exp. points-:knockedou

Egg to Nidorino in exactly one hour. Thank you Audino!

hmm.. what to do today... pokemon...digimon...my own characters... hmmm...

Last edited by Forever; April 13th, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Forever

Just a few related questions here, do you think it was right for GF to make the cutest Pokemon the one with the most exp? Do you think that promotes a bad message to the public given that Plasma was p much the Pokemon version of PETA? Or shouldn't the two issues intertwine?

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Retro Bug
the apex predator

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug
DIE Forever

Uhh, I'm not sure if it was right or not but I do think it's funny because you know how people don't want to "kill" cute things but in order to get that exp you need to.

I don't think it promotes a bad message to the public necessary because if you go that route I'm pretty sure there are tons of things in Pokemon that would "promote a bad message" or you can look at a lot of things like that.

Delta Mayor | Random VMs are dragtastical. | Paired W/: CarefulWetPaint
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Aurora
Court Jester

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
In the interests of convenience, I faint any Audino I see. I'm impatient and I detest grinding, so having such a great source of experience points really helps me get through the game. That being said, sometimes if I'm in a blue mood, I do feel a little bit guilty whenever I down an Audino...

As for Game Freak making one of the cutest Pokemon in the game one of the highest sources of experience, it's supposed to be a matiarch / support Pokemon, so they fit pretty well with each other... being cute is most probably just collateral damage.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3 • suggest something to put here
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
I don't think it promotes a bad message to the public necessary because if you go that route I'm pretty sure there are tons of things in Pokemon that would "promote a bad message" or you can look at a lot of things like that.
That's a good point!

Actually guys... isn't there a deeper message you can take from it, like, maybe that pink = female (the connotation, and given it works with Nurse Joy etc, and it + Chansey are nurses, and nurses are portrayed as female), and therefore you slay the female rather than a male for more exp, the reverse of spiders, which actually is a bad message? Or do you think by that it's defying the gender norms? Thoughts anyone?

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I don't like to do it, but i do anyway if i need to grind a little.

Why'd they have to make it adorable!? I feel guilty after every one i defeat, sometimes going "Sorry dude..." after each. Why couldn't something else have been the EXP Pinata, like Emolga. I have a serious hate for Emolga.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:59 AM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I use them a lot. If I didn't have them in BW2 I wouldn't have beaten half of the gyms.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Pillodox
Ruff

Nature: Docile
I always hunt down Audinos for exp.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Well yeah, the thing yields high XP... so I do KO them whenever they pop up

I pwned a level 2 Purrloin w/ the level 100 Deoxys I got for free today from a wifi event, these things aren't real so I'm not going to have mercy on the cuter pixelated characters

I also made sure to use Nasty Plot 3 times 1st so that it would be about -9,999% of the things HP when I did hit it lol

In a semi related note, I have a roach problem in my bathroom, and I think I die a little bit inside every time I have to step on baby roaches, but I know if I don't they will grow to be the big nasty ones, and have 1,000 more babies that will also grow into big nasty ones, and come into my bedroom and crawl on all my stuff, etc.

Actually it bothers me a little even to kill the big ones when they're just in my bathroom, not as much as the baby ones though

But it's simply unreasonable to try to scoop them up and throw them out, there's too many and they'd get back in anyway and if I don't keep their population under control my house could end up looking like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xs4OX8nl8o

And I ain't letting that happen!

So, I mean... the point of all of that rambling was that, while I show no mercy to cute pokemon because they aren't real, and I still don't show mercy to real life creatures.... that at least I do feel kind of bad about it and I'm not totally heartless

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)

Last edited by Krookodile777; May 7th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Jigglymilk
I put a spell on you

Nature: Sassy
I could honestly care less x( Audino gives up so much exp in death so I figure taking them out is worth it to quickly level up your team. Audino grinding+lucky egg= EASY LEVEL UPS. Thats one fault I had with gen 4, especially heart gold. It was way too time-consuming to level up your pokemon.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
I don't really train against Audino, instead I train against the E4.
I usually don't hurt them as I kept running away from them in order to find those "5%" Pokemon in the rustling grass.
Although I do pity it somehow...

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM
pokemart789
Unhatched Egg

I don't but my girlfriend does. She smashed many Audino's on her way to beating the gym leaders.
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Lolcatcomics
Novice Geek

I like Audino, i even catch them whenever i can. of course, until now i didn't know that they gave a lot of EXP... Also, i was seriously scared that its simple beam changed my Pokemon's ability permanently.

EDIT: so do i like hurting this pokemon? i guess i'd just say... Audino.

Last edited by Lolcatcomics; May 15th, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

I'd usually say Nay, but when that cruel harlot throws that brutal heal pulse attack at me I can't help but have my Pokemon bash its face against the pavement.
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Ashmi
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ )

Nature: Bold
I really don't like Audino. It gives good XP, so even if I liked it, I'd still mercilessly bash it
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
I could never accept Audino into my heart. I just cling to my memories of Chansey and Blissey, and there is no more room in my heart for another pink nurse pokemon. So yeah, every time the grass shakes, I pray that it's an Audino for me to destroy. The extra EXP is just a bonus.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Kyrul
Long Live the Note

Nature: Hasty
Well the debate comes down to this. What do you desire more? Carrying around a fat pink chansey wannabe or... A little extra EXP and, if your creative enough, a new hood ornament!
Spoiler:

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:47 AM
Okazaki~Tomoya
A place were dreams come true

Nature: Quiet
I've felt a smidge guilty since i used Sheer Cold on one the other day just after it healed me.
Poor thing.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Docile
I've found Audino be too hard to find for the purpose of leveling. I only battle them if I encounter them during the adventure. You actually don't need to grind a whole lot in Gen V because there are plenty of trainers in the game and the Lucky Egg is obtained during the story.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links