The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.67%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 40.00%
Nah, it's fine. 8 53.33%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
AdmiralMcmuffin
Fong

Nature: Timid
Thanks for clearing that up for me I've chosen the PS4, and ill still have my ole 360 for Fable so its all good now
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice
Along with that, you aren't allowed to share games with your friends. Once you use it on your console, you can't use it anywhere else!
That used to be the case, but Microsoft have changed it recently. ^^" According to an update on their news site, games may be lent, resold, or given away just like the current Xbox 360 games.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Xbox One, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. One way or the other, it'll end up taking more money away from us than the PS4. If you're rich and have a lot of money to spare, then you should probably go for it. Haha.

Last edited by Endless; August 20th, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
That used to be the case, but Microsoft have changed that recently. ^^" According to an update on their news site, games may be lent, resold, or given away just like the current Xbox 360 games.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Xbox One, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. One way or the other, it'll end up taking more money away from us than the PS4. If you're rich and have a lot of money to spare, then you should probably go for it. Haha.
Thanks for correcting me, I wasn't aware of the change! Probably because I wasn't in America during that time, lmao. Though, truth be told, the reason they did go through with it was probably that they realized how much the media and general audience despised the console. Even with that, I stand by my original opinion that you should purchase PS4.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Slash Beast ∞
Yukari: Best P3 Girl Edition

Nature: Bashful
Xbox Done has been all over the place as of late, though. Especially with their DRM....but hey, I guess them allowing used games is a plus, even though that whole "HEY SHARE WITH 10 FRIENDS/FAMILY MEMBERS" is gone now.

Old August 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
This used to be the case, but Microsoft have changed that recently. " According to an update on their news site, games may be lent, resold, or given away just like the current Xbox 360 games.

I was a little skeptical when the initial features were announced but I can tell you this, when the news for the changes came out. I certainly rubbed it in my friend's face on FB who hated the XBOne not because of the features it started with, but because they thought they were cool for hating it because others were hating it.

I'm like; dude, form your own opinion and stop being mainstream..

Purchase of the XBOne for Tim confirmed.
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
My answer to the "Which console should I get?" question is always this: will you be playing alone or with friends? If friends, what do they have/will they be getting?

If you'll be playing alone or in randomly matched multiplayer, I'd say go with a nice PC. Better graphics, mods, ect. (all the stuff I'm sure you've heard before).

If you'll be playing a lot with good friends, the question becomes "what are they getting?" If you have a group of friends who are all going PS4, then get a PS4. If they want the XBone, get an XBone. One of the big draws of console gaming is playing live with friends (locally or remotely), but the purpose is defeated if you've got different consoles. For all their minor differences, at the end of the day the two major consoles will play most of the same AAA games in the same way, so you'd experience little difference between the two, except for interface and controller differences (which you can adapt to very quickly).

IF I were looking to get into the next console generation--although I don't plan to, so take this with a grain of salt--I'd say wait it out. MS has been changing where they stand on a lot about the XBone recently, and there isn't much point in placing pre-orders yet (are special pre-order deals for consoles even a thing?). Wait until it's a few weeks after the two consoles have released and see what the public's receptions of both consoles has been.

(As it stands now I'd probably recommend the PS4 simply for not being part of MS's ongoing cluster[redacted]--although I don't really support Sony's platform of "buy from us because we aren't MS!"--but looking at Titanfall it alone would almost be enough to sway me to an XBone. Luckily for me, it's coming out on PC.)

A Gen 3 remake de-make, featuring many Gen VI mechanics

Last edited by Tlachtli; August 20th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
i just installed it and it said no graphics memory but I can run Garry's mod and sims 3.

My computer specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JAMES-PC
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite A215
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.80, 8/4/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name James-PC\James
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.87 GB
Available Physical Memory 907 MB
Total Virtual Memory 3.75 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.48 GB
Page File Space 1.87 GB

didn't know what to put..
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Endless
& by looking through

If I were you, the first thing I would do is go on to a site which can check if the game is compatible with my computer or not. You could try game-debate.com. If it is compatible, then I'd try reinstalling it. If it's not, then I guess you're out of luck. You may try returning the game back to the store, but I'm not sure if they'll accept it since it's already open. D:
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
It works now my driver was outdated just installed a update and i love the game :D

Last edited by Pikachuie; August 30th, 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Fixed the game.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:13 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
How do I clear the first dungeon in Legend of zelda Oracle of seasons? I've gotten to the little train track rail thing but I can't find the next room.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM
mozartm99

I got Animal Crossing new leaf recently and I love it. But I had to take apart my ds to fix something and when I turned it back on, the clock had reset itself. I though "no big deal", and set the time back. When I turned new leaf on, It said I had been gone for a year. And now the game's clock is 5 hours slow. Anyone know of any way to fix this?
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:11 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Reset your save, another effect of time travelling is when crono dies and you get another copy of himself and you defeat Lavos "Core 2" and the world is saved and then Crono marries Marle and the world is happy.

^ totally not chrono trigger

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:56 AM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
So I bought Super Mario Sunshine a few months ago for my Wii and recently started playing it. The game has been running fine until today. I just got access to the Rocket Nozzle for FLUDD and it doesn't seem to work... I'll hold down the R button and Mario will grab FLUDD's handles, but nothing happens after that. My controller will continuously rumble, but even if I hold R down for a few minutes the nozzle still won't blast off. The two default nozzles work fine. Is there another button that I'm supposed to press? Or is it an issue with my disc/controller? The disc is in pretty good shape, some minor scratches but nothing significant. The controller is a KMD Komodo Shockwave wireless controller.

Note: The R button is a little faulty. It doesn't have any pressure sensitivity, as in it can only be pushed down all the way. For example, I can't move and use the spray nozzle at the same time.

Last edited by Wobbu; August 31st, 2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: added note
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:51 AM
mozartm99

How do I reset it? I cant find any options or anything.
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Catalyst.
Nothing of significance

Hey y'all. I have a question: I'd like to get battlefield 3, as the game looks pretty good. However, I'm worried whether the multiplayer will die completely when Battlefield 4 comes out, and I can't really afford $60 on the new one. I'm pretty knew to shooters, can anyone with experience with this sort of thing tell me whether in the past, the predecessor gets abandoned? thanks
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst. View Post
Hey y'all. I have a question: I'd like to get battlefield 3, as the game looks pretty good. However, I'm worried whether the multiplayer will die completely when Battlefield 4 comes out, and I can't really afford $60 on the new one. I'm pretty knew to shooters, can anyone with experience with this sort of thing tell me whether in the past, the predecessor gets abandoned? thanks
The predecessors of Battlefield 3 still have quite a few players, if I recall correctly. I think you should be fine! Remember there are several others in your situation and people wait until prices drop anyway so I wouldn't worry too much~
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Libra
We sustain the Epsilon.

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst. View Post
Hey y'all. I have a question: I'd like to get battlefield 3, as the game looks pretty good. However, I'm worried whether the multiplayer will die completely when Battlefield 4 comes out, and I can't really afford $60 on the new one. I'm pretty knew to shooters, can anyone with experience with this sort of thing tell me whether in the past, the predecessor gets abandoned? thanks :)
Im still playing predecessors from other games and there is quite a lot of people online aswell, so no worries. Red Alert 1 for instance is not abandoned at all online while C&C4 is out for quite some time aswell.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old September 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM
Trozzul

Nature: Relaxed
sorry if i put this in wrong place still learnin :D

hey peeps, i have always loved Nintendo, they will always be my favorite even though i play xbox so much more than my other nintendo products. throughout my years of nintendo i have only missed 3 devices, Game boy color, Gamecube and their DS line. i have been trying to stay away from the ds ever since that first brick ds came out and i knew ds would ruin the pokemon and mario games to come i have always enjoyed the 2d, 32bit (thats what the game boy advanced was right?) goodness that pokemon games and mario and lugi games had, im not going to enjoy the new pokemon y/x and mario and lugi dream team, but it has come to a conclusion that i now want to get a DS, or a 3ds or a 2ds or whatever, im not sure what to choose, if im going to get a 3ds 20 bucks more for a xl size would be much better :D, im not going to use the 3d option on it but i would only get it for its small size and i loved the folding option. 2ds just looks like a giant brick but is a afordable. and ill even get a dsi if it comes to that i will be just has happy with that. also would you guys recomend any games? any pokemon games to stay away from or anything else? thanks!
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
You wouldn't believe how mad I am at myself right now. Roughly 3 hours ago, my 3DS slipped out of my jacket pocket and into a toilet. I got it out immediately, Tried turning it on after drying it but it wouldn't turn on. Any suggestions as to what I should do now? Its currently lying on a drawer.

And no, this is not a joke topic.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Put it in a bag of rice and hope for the best. I'd suggest putting it in there open instead of closed. Give it a day, then try it. If it still doesn't work then you're out a 3DS XL.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:25 AM
Endless
& by looking through

Quote:
sorry if i put this in wrong place still
learnin :D
hey peeps, i have always loved Nintendo,
they will always be my favorite even though i
play xbox so much more than my other
nintendo products. throughout my years of
nintendo i have only missed 3 devices, Game
boy color, Gamecube and their DS line. i
have been trying to stay away from the ds
ever since that first brick ds came out and i
knew ds would ruin the pokemon and mario
games to come i have always enjoyed the 2d,
32bit (thats what the game boy advanced
was right?) goodness that pokemon games
and mario and lugi games had, im not going
to enjoy the new pokemon y/x and mario
and lugi dream team, but it has come to a
conclusion that i now want to get a DS, or a
3ds or a 2ds or whatever, im not sure what
to choose, if im going to get a 3ds 20 bucks
more for a xl size would be much better :D,
im not going to use the 3d option on it but i
would only get it for its small size and i loved
the folding option. 2ds just looks like a giant
brick but is a afordable. and ill even get a dsi
if it comes to that i will be just has happy
with that. also would you guys recomend any
games? any pokemon games to stay away
from or anything else? thanks!
It wouldn't be a good idea to get a DS, because it's kind of outdated now. Besides, you could play DS games on your computer if it has enough speed. What I would do is either get a 2DS or a 3DS. There's already a lot of games out for these systems, and some of their best games are, in my opinion, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Super Mario 3D Land, and Kid Icarus: Uprising. When you get the chance, you should definitely give these games a try. n__n

Quote:
You wouldn't believe how mad I am at
myself right now. Roughly 3 hours ago, my
3DS slipped out of my jacket pocket and into
a toilet. I got it out immediately, Tried
turning it on after drying it but it wouldn't
turn on. Any suggestions as to what I should
do now? Its currently lying on a drawer.
And no, this is not a joke topic.
Take out its battery and put it back in. If that doesn't fix the problem for you, try plugging it into the charger to see if the lights lit up. If none of this works, then the best thing you could do is contact Nintendo Customer Support. Their phone numbers, email addresses, and other info could be found right here. Good luck!~

Last edited by Endless; September 2nd, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

I would like to buy Banjo Kazooie Gruntys Revenge GBA off Ebay, but I am worried that I may get a fake as Ebay is notorious for fake GBA games, so if you guys don't mind, can you look on this ebay link and help clarify if its the real deal? This one has the Nintendo logo and Rating system and code so it looks legit, however this seller has over 11....and for a cheap price. That's why I am hesitant. I messaged the seller to ask for some a photos of the connectors where it would verify whether its fake or not, he declined to do it and assured me it was real. Alarm bells? I think so....

Yes or no?

I just realised I posted in the wrong thread.....O___O...Unless this question is okay?

Last edited by toxictwinkie; September 10th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictwinkie View Post
Hey guys,

I would like to buy Banjo Kazooie Gruntys Revenge GBA off Ebay, but I am worried that I may get a fake as Ebay is notorious for fake GBA games, so if you guys don't mind, can you look on this ebay link and help clarify if its the real deal? This one has the Nintendo logo and Rating system and code so it looks legit, however this seller has over 11....and for a cheap price. That's why I am hesitant. I messaged the seller to ask for some a photos of the connectors where it would verify whether its fake or not, he declined to do it and assured me it was real. Alarm bells? I think so....

Yes or no?

I just realised I posted in the wrong thread.....O___O...Unless this question is okay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271267501...84.m1423.l2649
The link doesn't seem to work for me. xD" Whenever I click on it, it gives me an error telling me that the requested item is not available. Anyway, since the game looks legitimate to you, you should go ahead and buy it. If you're not satisfied with it after the purchase, then you always have the option to return it. The seller does accept returns, doesn't he?
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:09 PM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

The link doesn't seem to work for me. xD" Whenever I click on it, it gives me an error telling me that the requested item is not available. Anyway, since the game looks legitimate to you, you should go ahead and buy it. If you're not satisfied with it after the purchase, then you always have the option to return it. The seller does accept returns, doesn't he?
Oh really? I fix that up quickly then. Yes there is a return policy C:
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:23 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I am from Greece where there is no club nintendo.
I have a lot of codes that i want to get the coins for digital downloads.
Can i register in the UK site and get my coins from there?

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links