The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Pretty Solider Sailor Moon(SNES): What are some Action Replay Codes for this game? I need the codes for infinite HP and EP and max level for everyone.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Would a Dsi or any other DS Action Replay work with a 3DS, I doubt it but I just want to make sure? Has anyone tried it before? (with 3DS)
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Nope, it will not work. My friend had a DSi AR and he tried it, but it didn't work. I think it is due to the different OS on the 3DS that it won't show up, so that might be something to consider if you heavily use it when buying the 3DS.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Nope, it will not work. My friend had a DSi AR and he tried it, but it didn't work. I think it is due to the different OS on the 3DS that it won't show up, so that might be something to consider if you heavily use it when buying the 3DS.
I've never used one before and I was thinking about it, but there is none for the 3DS, thanks the answer.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
irishjay1
Don't mess with me.

Nature: Relaxed
I got 600 coins (platinum) on Nintendo club and I didn't pick the elite reward I wanted by the deadline. I could have picked if I wanted a gold or platinum reward. Will they still send me a reward?

Games: Heartgold DS
White DS
Diamond DS
Yellow GBC Emulator
-------------------
Nintendo DSi XL mario special edition
Dell Latitude d610
Dell axim x5 pocket pc with gbc emu and nes emu
Wii
PS3
Acton replay DSi
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Can someone help me out here. I have both cords plugged into my Wii, the one that plugs into the wall and the one that plugs into the TV. I'm not using the sensor bar plug as I got a wireless one. But I can't get any power to the Wii. Is there a 3rd cord I'm missing? Or is it because I'm not using the Power Cord that originally came with my Wii? I'm using someone else's Wii cord.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

No power at all is going to the console? So you don't get a red or orange light then? Well, the power cords are universal, as far as I am aware, so that shouldn't be the problem. What happened to your power cord? Maybe try using that just to see what happens?
I imagen you have checked the mains and everything that it is turned on?
Another thing could be the fuse in the power cable plug has blown, which would mean it just needs changing.
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
what do I use to clean my DS touch screen without ruining it... I don't know what kinds of cleaners are safe to clean my DS's touch screen with...
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
what do I use to clean my DS touch screen without ruining it... I don't know what kinds of cleaners are safe to clean my DS's touch screen with...
I would recommend microfiber. With any standard DS care kit they should have a microfiber cloth that comes with it, some with interesting patterns (I have one with 4th gen Pokemon all over it). If you don't have any, you can get them online for less than 5 bucks.

If you really don't have access to that or it's so bad that you need something wet, I would take a soft shirt and put a few drops of water on it, not enough to soak it but enough to just make it barely damp. Then when you're done you can dry it off with another part of the shirt.
PM
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
Y'know using Google would be a lot quicker, but whatever.

Just get a damp cloth. Make sure it's fully wrung out and then proceed wiping. :) Make sure the cloth is clean and isn't rough, as this could cause unwanted scratches to your screen. To avoid this predicament in the future, perhaps buy some screen protectors.
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Superben
Beginning Trainer

How comes the DSI action replay doesn't work on the 3DS?

They should come out with an action replay for the 3DS and I hope it also works with ds games as well as 3rd games Like Pokemon Black or white.
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
...Because it's a DSi Action Replay. lol :( This is about video gaming in general though, not just Pokemon gaming, so I'll move this for you. :) And don't worry! There should eventually be a 3DS Action Replay for you. Whether it will work with older games or not though, idk. I kinda doubt it, but I've never had an AR so I don't know much about them.

paired to peeta
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

It won't work because the 3DS' security blocks the Action Replay. I don't think Datel will issue a fix, unfortunately. You'll have to get a DSi or Lite if you can find one.

btw, interestingly, if you take the old Action Replay that works only on the old DS systems, it can still be read on the 3DS but also will not start.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
latias92
Beginning Trainer

I've always wanted to play my Pokemon games online but my internet just doesn't seem to like it When I go on connection setup it always says, 'Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector' - does anyone know where I could get one of these in the UK?

Or, even better, how to get my DS connected to SKY Broadband!
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:26 PM
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Where can i buy a cheap ds lite and pokemon black/white in the UK?
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

For the UK, I would say you could look at Ebay, since that will, nearly always, be you cheapest bet.
Then there is Gamestation who do have some cheap offers on now and then, or you could look at shops like CEX and Cash Converters. Note: GAME will never have anything cheaper than any of these shops! XD

Hope this helps!
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:31 AM
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
For the UK, I would say you could look at Ebay, since that will, nearly always, be you cheapest bet.
Then there is Gamestation who do have some cheap offers on now and then, or you could look at shops like CEX and Cash Converters. Note: GAME will never have anything cheaper than any of these shops! XD

Hope this helps!
Cheers for that found pokemon white for £12 near me and a ds lite for £45 with accessories :D
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Alright, me and my friends play a lot of xbox, but there are times where they kick me out of the xbox party chat and refuse to invite me back then set it to invite only because of annoyance of music played in the background from my brother.

My question is there any way to get around that invite only filter, as in join a party chat with ease even though you don't have a invite?
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

I'd be more inclined to cut out the background music than trying to hack my way into a private chat. Whether this means dropping the mic volume, insulating the wall or just telling him to turn down the music is up to you. :D
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I'd go with what Archer said if you don't want to be banned from Xbox Live. They tend to take a proactive stance toward hacking.
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

lol telling my brother to not play music while I'm playing xbox will probably lead to war...again
Old October 14th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
lol telling my brother to not play music while I'm playing xbox will probably lead to war...again
If it's loud enough to be heard by a close-proximity mic in another room, then he should be turning it down, even for himself. Time for your parents to step in. Don't say it's because of the Xbox, just that it's too loud in general. Maybe that it's going to do damage to his hearing. Then they should be inclined to agree.

Are most sibling relationships that hostile?
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Dale
Captain Ressentiment

Nature: Calm
Hey, I'm buying a 3DS in a month (that means I can do trades and stuff!), and a game along with it. That's the problem; I don't know whether to get;
a. LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
b. Starfox 64 3D
c. Super Mario 3D Land (since it should have released by then.)

Any advice or other suggestions?
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM
EmboarTrainer
the

Nature: Sassy
Super Mario 3D Land. I would say Pokemon Rumble Blast personally... But it's not gonna be released by then.
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Dale
Captain Ressentiment

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmboarTrainer View Post
Super Mario 3D Land. I would say Pokemon Rumble Blast personally... But it's not gonna be released by then.
Yeah, it releases like the 20th December in the UK (EDIT - Pokemon, not Mario (in case you couldn't tell))? So I'll probably buy it after Christmas.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links